π˜Όπ™‰π™π™„-π™ƒπ™€π™π™Š [Dark Deku...

By SteveTheAlbino

(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them... More

Ch 1: '(Y/n) Midoriya: Dark Origins'
Ch 2: 'You Don't Know What You Got'
Ch 3: 'Blame It On My Youth'
Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'
Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'
Ch 6: 'Easy Target'
Ch 7: 'Give Me One Good Reason'
Ch 8: 'Going Away To College'
Ch 9: 'Pathetic'
Ch 10: 'Wasting Time'
Ch 11: 'More Then You'll Ever Know'
Ch 12: 'Hungover You'
Ch 13: 'No Future'
Ch 14: 'Up All Night'
Ch 15: 'Action'
Ch 16: 'Roller Coaster'
Ch 18: 'Degenerate'
Ch 19: 'Strings'
Ch 20: 'One More Time'
Ch 21: 'Remember To Forget Me'
Ch 22: 'Cynical'
Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'
Ch 24: 'Feeling This'
Ch 25: 'First Date'
Ch 26: 'Rabbit Hole'
Ch 27: 'All The Small Things'
Ch 28: 'Dammit'
Ch 29: 'One For All'
Ch 30: 'Fear No More'
Ch 31: 'King In Green'
Ch 32: 'Lie to Me'
Ch 33: 'Other Side'

Ch 17: 'Anthem'

4.7K 371 245
By SteveTheAlbino

[And here we have it, the first fight of the Sports Festival! The real action starts right here ladies and gentlemen, and as we all know, the reader doesn't play around when he's in a mood. And right now, playing around is the last thing on his mind. But how exactly will he go against to a person who can basically control people with a simple notion of his voice. Well...That's why this chapter is here, to explain such things. So, if you're interested in seeing what happens, be sure to check out today's chapter...It's definitely not one you'd want to miss~]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

I could hear it all...The cheer of the crowd...

"YYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

...The voice of Present Mic over the speakers...

"Audience! Are you ready for this?!"

It all felt so surreal. When you're a kid you always picture these crazy moments in life, like you're living through them in that exact moment. Well, right now, it feels exactly like those moments. Except, until those faint images that hover around your mind. This was real, and I wasn't going to let that chance go to waste. Every noise that flooded my ears soon became faded in the background as I focused on walking toward the centre platform made from cement. 

Crafted by the handiwork of Cementoss, the stage was set. My opponent, Shinso, was already awaiting me on the cement-based field that had now risen a few meters off the ground in the middle of the arena. His silent grin was enough to imprint the image in my mind, but I made no motion for a response. I kept quiet and simply began to climb the stairs of the battlefield. As I did do, the voice of Present Mic echoed through the speakers arena the arena once more.

Present Mic: "I cannot believe this, we've already reached the final stages of this year's Sports festival. It's truly the moment we've all been waiting for! And what a match to start with! Coming in straight up! Match number one! It's the boy who has caused a lot of fuss, and after punching a classmate in the previous round--Uh...Don't tell Midnight I said that--He manages to find himself moving onto the next round! From the hero course, It's (Y/n) Midoriya!"

It was as Present Mic called my name that a sudden image flashed before my eyes. It was of Izuku, who stood in the place I currently was. I don't know whether it was an image from another reality, or my mind playing tricks. Whatever it was, the image of Izuku standing nervous on the platform I currently found myself standing on was a sight that I couldn't help but smile at. He truly would have loved a moment like this, and with how hard he worked in wanting to become a hero, he definitely deserved it more than me.

Present Mic: "--And his opponent, uh...Sorry, he hasn't really done much at all so fair in the Sports Festival. Uh...What's his name? Oh, yes! From general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!"

As his name was called, my eyes fell in the direction of my opponent. I never truly understood why he picked me out of the crowd all those days ago, before the Sports Festival had even begun. Sure, I carried a name around with me after USJ. But still...It felt like there was something else he was hiding. Then again, it wouldn't be the first thing he'd been hiding...

Present Mic: "The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, 'I give up!'. Bring on the injuries, also! Because we've got our very own Recovery Girl on standby!"

So they brought the school nurse out for this, huh? What were they expecting to happen? A full-on fistfight with Quirks? Then again, the amount of people who have it in for me, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. Nevertheless, when all is said and done, I won't be needing Recovery Girls' help...The people I fight against on the other hand...

Present Mic: "Put all your morals and ethics aside for the moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is crap! It's not allowed. Heroes should only use their fists to catch villains."

"If anything happens that gets out of hands, I'll intervene."

(Y/n): "Huh?"

Looking to my left, Cementoss could be seen using his Quirk to create a chair to sit on. So he was going to be the judge as well? Huh, wonder why Midnight isn't doing it. You'd think her Quirk would be best suited for this? Before I could think anymore about the whereabouts of my overly flirtatious teacher, my focus was returned to the task in front of me.

"'I give up', huh?"

Shinso's voice was quick to fill the air. A smile now was present on his lips as he looked directly at me. Nothing but twenty meters of free space on this platform separated us. Clearly, he was already trying to get the upper hand.

Shinso: "This is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. So, I guess I might as well ask you now, (Y/n)...Do you have a strong spirit?"

In a nearby section of the grandstand where the competing students, and those that didn't make it through, the majority of Class 1-A could be seen watching as they waited for the fight to begin. Some even added their voice into the mix to show their support, even if I couldn't hear it.

Uraraka: "Come on, (Y/n)! You can do this!"

Yaoyorozu: "We all believe in you!"

Kirishima: "Do your best, bro!"

Kaminari: "Don't show off to too many girls!"

Mineta: "Crush 'em, (Y/n)!"

Hagakure: "Be safe! And don't get hurt!"

Aoyama: "Be sure to spark--"

Bakugo: "FUCKING DESTROY THAT BASTARD, (Y/N)! BEAT HIM SO BLACK AND BLUE THAT HE'S SHOVED BACK RIGHT INTO HIS MOTHER STOMACH!!!"

Yeah...That one I definitely did hear. Enough so that it managed to take my attention off Shinso. My eyes quickly snapping toward the grandstand where Bakugo's obnoxious head could be seen leaning over the edge of the railing as he cheered me on. I could only grin at his antics before my eyes lingered to the person sitting next to him...Ojiro. Unlike Bakugo, he carried a nervous expression on his face. Not that it was needed. I knew what I had to do.

Present Mic: "Alright, folks! The fight is about to begin! Let's start with a spectacular countdown! Say it with me people!"

Shinso: "It's not very smart to look elsewhere when you're about to fight, you know?"

My eyes switched back to Shinso once again. This time, his smirk was gone. A serious look now dawned on his face.

Present Mic: "Ready? Three..."

"Three!"

The crowd echoed along.

Shinso: "Even so, if you know what you want for your future, then you can't worry about appearances."

Present Mic: "Two..."

"Two!"

My eyes narrowed on Shinso. My senses prepared me for the explosive start that was seconds away.

Shinso: "That monkey was going on about his pride...But don't you think he was dumb for throwing away his chance of being here?"

Present: "One..."

"One!"

It was at this moment that Shinso returned his grin, a cold chill running up the back of my spine as he spoke his next set of words.

Shinso: [Grins] "...Kinda like how your little brother was dumb for throwing away his chance of being here, in your place, when he protected your Mother...and you couldn't."

Present Mic: "START!"

"YEAH!!!"

The crowd's roar echoed louder than any I had heard before. It was like an anthem of sorts. But even with how loud it was, it wasn't enough to shower over what Shinso had just said. By this point, his smirk was on full display for everyone to see. But I didn't move. I just stood there. Not a word or movement came. Instead, my eyes simply focused in on my opponent as I remembered the advice given to me before this fight had even begun.

--Twenty Minutes Earlier: Class 1-A Gathering Room--

(Y/n): "...So that's his Quirk, huh? He can control people."

Ojiro: "Yeah. It's tricky. But you can probably avoid it if you know what you're doing."

Honestly, I was surprised when at first Ojiro appeared and held me back from talking to Shinso before we moved onto the final rounds. But after hearing everything he just told me, I guess it was a blessing that it did happen. Who knows what Shinso could have done at that point?

Ojiro: "I don't remember much after I answered the question he asked me. I think that's how it works."

(Y/n): "So, what? If I answer without thinking, then I'll lose right away? Fine then, I won't talk. I'm not much for quips anyway."

Shinso: "Even so, I'm still worried." [Sighs] "I said I barely remembered anything until almost the end, right? When we were running away after Shinso stole Tetsutetsu's headband, it looks like I ended up running into the girl from 1-B with the vines for hair on his team. That's when I snapped out of it. I remember clearly what happened after that."

(Y/n): "Alright. So a nudge on the shoulder, who cares? I can handle that."

So much so that I wasted no time in getting to my feet. I was about to leave, as I really didn't want to waste any more time to just get out there and prove my point. However, as I was about to, Ojiro suddenly jumped to his feet. It didn't take long for me to realize he was annoyed.

Ojiro: "That's not the point, (Y/n)! You have to take this seriously. I...I feel like there's something else up his sleeve. You just need to--"

(Y/n): "I know."

Ojiro: "Huh? What do you mean?"

(Y/n): "Look...In my life, you're bound to get unsuspected moments coming your way. But they've already held me back once today. I'm not going to let them stop me again."

I could tell Ojiro was confused when first hearing what I said. But I didn't bother to explain it to him, after all, he wouldn't get it anyway. Instead, I simply smiled down at him. I feel he deserved at least that for going out of his way to warn me about Shinso's Quirk. That'll definitely help me in this upcoming fight.

(Y/n): [Smiles] "Thanks for the help, Ojiro. I appreciate it. And don't worry about it. I'll get you back."

Ojiro: "Get me back? Get me back for what?"

(Y/n): "For helping me. And I already have the perfect idea."

As I said that I took my exit, it was as I opened the door, however, that Ojiro proceeded to turn around. His confused look greeted my smile as he asked the most sought-after question.

Ojiro: "What are you going to do?"

(Y/n): "...I'm going to beat the guy who took your pride out from under you."

--Flashback Over--

It was that very promise I laid out to Ojiro not so long ago that drove me the extra mile to keep my mouth shut and my facial expressions to a minimum. Even as Shinso's smirk began to waver slightly, and the voice of Present Mic's confusion voice echoed from within the walls of the commentator's box.

[3rd Person POV]

Present Mic: "What's this? The fight has started, yet neither participant has taken a single step yet? Which is odd for (Y/n), he's normally straight in there. Is this Shinso's Quirk? He didn't do anything noticeable before, but is he secretly amazing? Has he gotten the better of (Y/n) Midoriya already?"

Aizawa: "I wouldn't be so foolish, Mic."

Present Mic: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Aizawa: "Doubting (Y/n)'s efforts. He may be just a kid, but he's smart..."

The events of USJ proved such to Aizawa. Despite it all being a dark day for U.A., there were some good out of it. One such thing for Aizawa was the proof he had seen that some students were able to stand up in moments of such distress. And none did so more than (Y/n), at least, in Aizawa's eyes.

Aizawa: "You've got to remember, (Y/n) has fought countless villains and won. Shinso, despite his capabilities, has done no such thing. He is not even in the hero course."

Present Mic: "Yes, but still...Is it that much of a jump to presume its a possibility that he has somehow already gotten the best of his opponent?"

Aizawa: "If his opponent is (Y/n)...Yes."

The serious gaze on Aizawa's face as his voice echoed through the speakers, for all the crowd of citizens, students, teachers, and those at home to hear.

Aizawa: "You weren't at USJ when the villains attacked, Mic. So you didn't get to see the true strength (Y/n) has. His ability to read a situation, especially for someone is so young is noteworthy. So thinking that he would have somehow already let himself get caught off guard is a mistake on your part."

It was clear such a remark was a surprise to both Present Mic himself, and everyone else listening from around the arena.

Present Mic: [Chuckles slightly] "Showing a little favouritism, no?" [Leans over to him and whispers] "Seriously, man, I understand you're his teacher. But we can't be biased here."

Aizawa: "I'm not being biased." [Glances at Present Mic] "I'm showing respect where respect is due."

That one statement was enough to send the whole arena in a wave of silence. It caused the members of Class 1-A to cheer for their friend--

Hagakure: "Wow! I can't believe Aizawa is praising (Y/n)."

Sato: "Yeah. It's not every day that a Pro Hero says that about a student."

Yaoyorozu: "It truly shows how far (Y/n) has come."

Bakugo: "Please! He was already there! But it's about damn time someone shows my boy how good he is!"

--Whilst it also left rivals to quench in silence.

Todoroki: [Thoughts] "I hope you pass through, Midoriya. Whether I like it or not. You have skill. So my fight against you is what I'm looking forward to. Then I'll be able to prove to my old man that I don't need any part of him to win."

Kaito [Thoughts] "Why! Why! Why! They can't just get enough of him, can they?! He's pointless! A waste! Why can't they see that he's nothing?!"

--Mentors and other adults in (Y/n)'s life were also present to hear the words of Aizawa. Such as All Might and Midnight at the arena.

All Might: [Thoughts] "He is right, Young Midoriya. You have worked hard to be here. You deserve this moment."

Midnight: [Thoughts] "I know I was really only trying to tease the boy in showing me some attention, but after hearing all this...Maybe he's more of a man than I already thought~"

And (Y/n)'s mother watching at home. Inko's tears running down her eyes, barely able to complete a sentence due to the tears. But she couldn't have been more proud of her son. Even though (Y/n) was unable to see such a sight, he knew his mother was supporting him. That's how he knew he could handle what came next. He was soon reminded of such when Shinso's voice sounded once more.

Shinso: "...Did you not hear me? Or...Are you no longer going to let your brother's death phase you anymore?"

Not a single word came from (Y/n). Instead, he just kept staring at Shinso. No emotion appeared on his face whatsoever. It all came as a surprise to Shinso, and everyone watching. But what surprised the purple-haired male was when (Y/n) started walking towards him.

Shinso: "Wha-What? No! Stop! I-I mean..." [Chuckles] "What are you going to do about it, Midoriya?"

It soon became clear that Shinso was trying to get (Y/n) to snap, to respond to him so that Shinso's Quirk could get underway. But (Y/n) remained quiet and kept walking towards him. All the while, Class 1-A watching were left confused.

Kirishima: "What's going on? Why is (Y/n) just walking?"

Iida: "And he's not saying anything."

Uraraka: "Bakugo, is everything alright with (Y/n)? Why's he acting strange?"

Bakugo: "I don't know...But let him go."

In the end, that's all they could do. Let him go and simply watch as he continued to walk toward Shinso, who was now starting to get a little concerned. Leading him to try and get (Y/n) to respond to him.

 Shinso: "Kaito told me everything! About how he went to save your Mother while you just watched. H-He said it all!"

No response came. (Y/n) simply kept his head low as he continued to march.

Shinso: "You know...Anything you do now won't be able to save your brother! It's pointless! Doesn't it make you angry? So angry that you let him die! You! The big brother! The man of the house! You let your brother die!"

Cementoss: "Huh?"

The remark finally seemed to register through to the hero watching. Though, he was left confused. Even more so as he turned to (Y/n) to see the boy marching his way toward Shinso. Shinso's expression was now starting to grow with fear. He had no fighting capabilities. His plan was to make (Y/n) angry, and when he responded in that anger, he'd use his Quirk to get the boy to eliminate himself. But (Y/n) seemed to be one step ahead of him. He seemed unaffected. But little did Shinso know...(Y/n) was anything but unaffected...

[Your POV]

...You think I'm unaffected? If you think that, you'd be wrong. I was haunted by that night every single day of my life. Even the days when I smiled, there was still a part of me that was unable to truly be happy. Not because I felt drawn back by his death. But mainly by the fact whenever I was having fun, I always wondered what Izuku would be like if he was there with me. Would he laugh through the good times? And would he find hardships through the bad times? Whatever it was, I wanted to be there for him. No matter what it took.

I remember...One random night in a random year after he died...I had a dream. It wasn't of anything over the top, or so out there that it could only be found in a dream. In fact, if anyone else had it, they'd think it was a rather boring dream to have. But for me, it was everything. In the dream, myself, Izuku, and Mom were seated at our kitchen table in my childhood home having dinner. There, we'd talk about our day. Izuku told us what his first day at U.A. was like. About how he made so many friends, and how All Might was his teacher.

As for me, I spent my day at a simple retail job. Sometimes I questioned if Izuku's death was what pushed me in the direction of becoming a hero. I mean, I always liked heroes. But not like Izuku. So the times I did think about what I'd do outside of where I am right now, I didn't really have an answer. But in this dream, I had a simple life. It definitely wasn't anything to the one I have now. But still...The mere fact that Izuku was living his dream was all it took for me to wish that fragment of images was real. But it wasn't real...It was a dream. 

But this...Where I am right now...Its not a dream. It's real. And just like Izuku stood up when the moment got real as kids. I'd do the exact same thing right now... It was as I came to that mental agreement with myself that my body came to a stop. My head lifting to showcase I now stood only a few inches from my opponent. It was due to that lack of space that Shinso was able to see the look I had on display. It was one unlike any other. One that showcased my determination and courage. Not courage to fight him, but courage to keep moving on. That was something Shinso didn't understand as he looked at me with complete fear.

Shinso: "I...I...I don't get it. I brought up your brother's death...Why didn't you get angry at me?"

(Y/n): "...Because I'm already angry at myself."

It was with those final words that I lifted up my right hand, pulled back my middle finger until it was being held back by my thumb, and then finally released it. My single-digit cut through the air as One For All coursed through it. That single spike of energy was all it took in the end as my finger gently collided with Shinso's head...and sent him crashing through the air backwards and getting launched off the platform. The scene was silent to me. Not a single sound cut the air apart as I watched Shinso's shocked expression only grow as his body was sent flying.

I didn't bother to see his body touch the ground. Instead, I simply turned around and took my exit off the stage. All the while the sound of the crowd, Present Mic, and everyone else watching flooded the air. But again, I didn't hear any of it. Instead, my mind was focused elsewhere. So I ignored the cheers. The shocked faces. And the sound of Shinso's body smashing into the ground. I simply walked off the platform and began making my way towards the tunnel that led to the Gathering room. As I did, I questioned something though. Why didn't Shinso's quirk work?

I mean, I outright answered his sentence at the end there. Was he simply not using his Quirk at that moment in time, which in a sense meant I was rather lucky? Or was there something else that managed to keep my mind from falling victim to his Quirk? Either way, whatever it was. My thanks were given. It meant now I was able to move onto the next round, where I seemed destined to face Kaito. But no matter who I was meant to go up against, I wouldn't let it hold me back. Because at the end of the day, I'm here for a reason, and that's to keep my promise to Izuku alive...

[3rd Person POV]

As for the students of 1-A that watched on, they all released one form or another of relief as they witnessed their classmate exit the centre stage.

Uraraka: [Sighs] "Oh, thank goodness. I was so nervous!"

Iida: "Taking out his opponent so easily. As expected of (Y/n)!"

Kirishima: "Haha! That's what I'm talking about! Haha! Right, Bakugo? Bakugo..."

Upon turning to the aforementioned blonde, Bakugo could be seen looking over the edge of the railing in complete silence without a single word. Such caused his classmates to begin worrying.

Kaminari: "Bakugo?"

Uraraka: "Is everything alright?"

Bakugo: "Everythings alright, O-Choco." [Turns around to reveal tears] "I'm just so happy for my boy!"

"HE'S CRYING?!?!"

The combined shocked voices flooded the air to the point some members of 1-B, who were seated in their own set of seats in a grandstand next to 1-A's, could hear it. Meanwhile, Bakugo just continued to cry tears of joy, rubbing the back of his head as he muttered a familiar sentence.

Bakugo: [Whilst crying] "(Y/n) totally showed all these babes watching how awesome he is. He's totally gonna get some now!"

Such a sight caused a majority of students to chuckle and smile.

Kirishima: "Haha! Wouldn't expect anything less from my bro."

Sero: "Yeah. Bakugo's really keen on setting up (Y/n) with a girl, huh?"

Kirishima: "Oh, trust me. You have no idea."

To the side, Kaminari could be seen hunched over as a shadow of grief covered his face.

Kaminari: "I have an idea. It's my greatest nightmare I have to live every day..." [Sighs] "Man, why did I have to get put in a class with someone as awesome as (Y/n)?"

Such words of grief were enough for Kaminari to get a sympathy pat out of Mineta. Meanwhile, Kaminari wasn't the only one to grow fearful, though the others did so for another reason. It was seen on both the faces of Uraraka and Yaoyorozu, that they weren't exactly happy hearing Bakugo say (Y/n) was about to get more attention from girls. And it seemed the other girls of 1-A felt the same.

Jiro: "Bakugo's right. (Y/n) really is going to get popular with girls, huh? I even saw a few from the general studies talking about him."

Ashido: "Really? Though, I'm not surprised..." [Smiles to herself] "(Y/n) is pretty hot. I mean, I always found him cute. But lately, I really see why people go after him--" [Turns to Hagakure] "Especially you, Hagakure. You're, like, (Y/n)'s number one fan."

Immediately the focus of every girl present, especially Yaoyorozu and Uraraka, turned to the invisible girl to see her currently standing next to the railing. A silent aura surrounded her as she looked over the edge to witness as (Y/n) finally entered the tunnel below and disappeared out of view. It was as she did so that a group of flashes appeared before her eyes. The fleeting image was of a much younger Hagakure seated on the concrete sidewalk.

Tears running down her invisible face as she looked up in front of her. All she saw was the back of a boy with (H/c) and green tips standing between her and a few other older boys. But Hagakure could properly reflect on the memory, it ended. Despite not being seen by anyone else, Hagakure released a gentle smile that held more emotion behind it than anyone knew. Unfortunately, it was broken almost immediately when her name was called once more.

"Hagakure?"

Hagakure: "Huh?" [Turns around] "Sorry, what did you guys say?"

Ashido: "Is everything okay? You seem out of it?"

Jiro: "Yeah, you're like Kaminari after he realises he's never going to get a girlfriend as long as (Y/n)'s here."

Kaminari: "Jirooo...That's mean..."

The aforementioned response came from the electro boy sitting behind her. But Jiro seemed to pay Kaminari no attention as Hagakure went about responding. A laugh escaped her lips as she rubbed the back of her head.

Hagakure: "Sorry, everyone. I guess I was just nervous for (Y/n) is all."

Jiro: "Nervous?"

Ashido: "Hagakure's got a real big crush~"

Hagakure: [Giggles and blushes] "Ashido...Don't say it so loud..."

Ashido: [Gasp] "So it is true! I knew it! I knew it! Oh, for how long? How long?!"

Hagakure: "I'm afraid I can't tell you that."

Ashido: "Aw...No fair!"

An annoyed look immediately formed on Ashido's face as she jumped to Hagakure's side. However, it wasn't long until she was joined by Jiro and Tsu.

Tsuyu: "Hagakure. Did you also fall for (Y/n) for his oversexualized nature?"

Hagakure: [Blushes] "H-Huh? What? No!"

Ashido: "Tsu! You can't just say that!"

Tsuyu: "Why not?"

Ashido: "Because it's...Odd, to say that."

Tsuyu: "It is?"

Ashido and Hagakure could only blankly stare at the oblivious female frog. Eventually, their focus was drawn to Jiro, who currently leaning on her elbow on the railing. As she did so, she looked up to one of the big screens where (Y/n)'s face was plastered on. Showcasing him as the winner.

Jiro: "Can't say I'm surprised you like him, Hagakure." [Smiles] "I mean, (Y/n) does have good taste in music..."

Jiro was reminded of such as she remembered her time back to the USJ incident when she was walking beside (Y/n) listening to music from his phone. Jiro remembered the moment fondly. She wasn't exactly a...talking person. But the moment where she could just walk with (Y/n) and listen to music was one she always thought about when thinking about the boy...N-Not that she thought about (Y/n) or anything. But still...

Ashido: "Jiro-chan~"

Jiro: "Huh?"

...Ashido seemed to think otherwise. For as Jiro turned in the direction of her friend, she saw the aforementioned girl carry a wide grin that spread across her face. One she sustained as she came closer to the girl.

Ashido: "Jiro~ Is there something you want to tell us~"

Jiro: [Blushes Slightly] "W-What? No..."

Ashido: "Are you sure?"

Jiro: "Yes...Ashido...Why are you getting so close? S-Stop...?"

But Ashido did not stop. Eventually, it led to the point Jiro was forced to spin around and run for her life. The sight of Jiro, being chased by Ashido, Hagakure, and Tsu was all the members of Class 1-A could see. Amongst the group watching, was Bakugo, who grinned from ear to ear as he witnessed the chaos before him. Kirishima could be seen standing beside him.

Bakugo: "Yes...Everything is coming along just as planned."

Kirishima: "What plan?"

Bakugo: "The plan, of course. Hehehe~"

Kirishima: [Rolls Eyes] "Yeah. Yeah. Whatever, Love-Maker. Come on, let's go find (Y/n) and congratulate him on his win."

Bakugo didn't respond, he just kept laughing as Kirishima pulled him out of the grandstand into the hallway of the arena as they went to find (Y/n). It was as they left that conversations began to take place between a lot of other people from their class. It was one conversation in particular that brought the attention of Uraraka and Yaoyorozu. The two, who had become surprisingly close allies as of late, sat by the side and watched in silence as Hagakure continued to talk to the girls about (Y/n). Such was a sight the two females could only reluctantly smile at.

Yaoyorozu: "Hagakure really seems to like (Y/n), huh?"

Uraraka: "Yeah... I kinda hoped she was just playing along whenever she'd talk to (Y/n) the way she does."

Yaoyorozu: "As did I. Though, I guess we shouldn't be surprised she likes him."

Uraraka: "I guess. In a way, I think I only really thought the both of us liked him because he saved us. But...I suppose (Y/n) doesn't have to save people to make them fall for him."

Yaoyorozu: "I suppose you are right..." [Smiles] "...I guess that's just the person he is."

Uraraka: "...Yeah..."

Though the start of the conversation was on a sour note, by the time it ended, both Uraraka and Yaoyorozu shared a smile. Not because they were necessarily accepting the fact that Hagakure liked (Y/n). But more so to the fact that (Y/n) truly was such a great guy, and such was the reason they both liked him. It reminded them in a way that they both fell for him because of a good reason. 

And it was that reason alone that was enough for them to put aside their frustrated emotions momentarily to instead focus on their upcoming matches. It was as they did that, however, that (Y/n) himself could be seen searching for Bakugo. He had already spent a few minutes wandering through the halls. He was about to climb up a flight of stairs that led to the student grandstands when suddenly someone called his name from behind.

"(Y/n)?"

[Your POV]

I didn't exactly know what to expect when hearing my name called. I was already in the process of searching for Bakugo, about to climb the stairs when I heard it muttered from behind me. I guess I was a little drawn back from the fight that I didn't properly take the time to think about who was speaking to me as I turned around. 

Though, by the time I saw who it was, I was surprised to say the least when I saw a dirt-covered Shinso standing no more than five meters away from me. Though, even after everything that just happened, I didn't keep walking. Nor did I say a word. Instead, I simply turned around and looked at him. Seemingly enough for him to say what needed to be said.

Shinso: "I...I..." [Sighs] "I want to apologize."

Alright...That definitely was not what I was expecting him to say. I think such might have been made obvious by my face, as Shinso took a moment to seemingly gather his thoughts. A sigh escaping his lips once more before continuing as I just looked on from the bottom of the stairs.

Shinso: "Look, I'm not expecting you to forgive me or anything. But I feel this is the only thing I can do. I made a mistake. I shouldn't have said what I said."

Such was obvious, and once more, the blank expression on my face seemed to suggest as much to Shinso. Now, if I'm being honest, I had a feeling that as soon as he said everything about Izuku, he was pretty much just saying it because Kaito said something to him. Now, I didn't know that for fact, but such seemed the obvious choice given if I won against Shinso I'd most likely go up against Kaito in the next round. The point was, I didn't exactly hold any anger against Shinso, which, after everything, was kinda odd to feel. 

If I was being honest, whatever Shinso had to say would be enough for me to simply accept it and move on. My feelings towards him were nothing like the anger I felt when Kaito and Monoma brought up Izuku. They sought for it out of hatred and jealousy, but Shinso seemed different. And it was to my surprise that Shinso proceeded to tell me exactly what was different between him and the others. And surprisingly, it was something I couldn't help but relate back to my brother.

Shinso: "...When I was younger, all I wanted to do was be a hero. But my whole life I've been told I couldn't become one. Solely because my Quirk wasn't useful to a hero. Some thought it wouldn't hold up in a fight once villains got an understanding of it. Whilst others thought it'd be too much of a liability if villains got word of it and used it against me..."

Just like that, my attention was brought to focus in on what Shinso was saying. More than ever before.

Shinso: "...But I planned to use the Sports Festival as a point to prove everyone wrong. It wasn't until after I heard how you were against the villains at USJ that I saw my opportunity to show up the rising star of U.A. That's why I declared war on you outside your class. I...I just wanted to live my dream so bad that I knew I'd resort to anything to win. But after what I said to you back there, I realized...How good of a hero would I even be if I resorted to bringing out the pain of someone else."

Shinso's words were filled with grief and regret. As much was easy to see. I had because pretty good at it over the years when it came to deciphering whether or not someone truly went what they were saying. Especially when it came to apologizing about Izuku. After it first happened, and I went back to school, countless people came up to me, apologizing about my loss. Majority were teachers and parents of other students. They all said the exact same thing over and over again...

"We're so sorry for your loss. Izuku was such a nice boy."

At first, I accepted the words and moved on. But the more they came my way, the more I grew sick and tired of them. Not because they were talking about my brother, but because they were saying words they didn't even mean. Think about it, when someone you know loses someone, most of the time you say 'sorry' and forget about it the next day. After all, it's not your family who died. Now, that's all good and fair. You can't expect everyone to grief over your life. But the fact these people even bothered to tell me such things when they didn't even care made me sick.

Now, how did I know they didn't mean them? Because, not a single time before, did they ever say anything about me or my family. Not when Mom was struggling to pay the bills for us to keep living. Not when I was being bullied by Kaito. They didn't care then. They didn't say anything to my pain, or the pain of my family. They just ignored it. But when it came to someone dying, then they felt inclined to say something. All because that's the only thing they could do. Say something. If it was to due with me being bullied. They be forced to actually step in.'

But this...All they had to do was say a few measily words they came up with in a few seconds and move on. I didn't understand such at first, but once I did, I came to despise a lot of people who didn't care, yet said such words. However...That wasn't the same here. I could tell by the look in Shinso's eyes alone that he truly meant what he was saying. The way he fumbled about different words, trying to find the right statement. There was an authenticness of the whole thing that told me all I needed to know. It was that reason why I continued to listen to what he had to say.

Shinso: "And then...And then Kaito came over and told me what happened to your brother. He told me that's why you snapped at Monoma. So, if I did that, you'd be thrown off and I'd be able to use my Quirk to win. I-I know I shouldn't have done it. But the fact my dream was so close, I couldn't just..." [Sighs] "Sometimes you can't help the things you long for..."

(Y/n): "...I understand."

Shinso: [Looks up] "Huh?"

(Y/n): "You did what you thought would help you dream. That, I can understand. My brother was the same. He had a dream to become a hero, just like All Might. He told me every day about the things he'd do once he got to U.A.. Once he became a hero." [Chuckles Slightly] "The thing is, he didn't need to go to U.A. to become a hero."

...Because he already was one.

(Y/n): [To Shinso] "I understand you did what you thought would best help you. And it was only your desire to reach your dream that drove you to say those things to me. So for that, I forgive you..."

A smile was quick to find Shinso's face. However, I wasn't done...

(Y/n): "Even so... That's all you're gonna get from me. I'll look passed what you said today. Only because I know Izuku wouldn't want me to hold a grudge against you. But...Don't think for a single second that just because I forgive you of this, and because your goal reminds me of Izuku, that I won't ever go easy on you whenever you do make it to the hero course. Because I have a dream to...and no one's going to get in my way."

With those final words, I finally turned around walked up the flight of stairs to find the others. Meanwhile, Shinso was left alone at the bottom. His head dropping slightly as my words played through his mind. But he wasn't sad. Instead, he simply smiled, turned around, and walked away himself. I couldn't fault Shinso like I could with Kaito and Monoma. As much as the petty side within wanted to too. 

He was simply used as a pawn by Kaito to get me off my game. And it was Shinso's hunger to achieve his dream that made him willing to bring down someone else. So for that fact alone, I couldn't be angry at him. Plus, he did apologize. And that was more than Kaito had ever done. Even so, my words were true. I wouldn't go easy on Shinso if I was to fight him again sometime. However, they were also a fuel of encouragement for him. 

Something I think he came to understand. After all, everyone in this school has one thing in common. We all have dreams, and sometimes those dreams drive us to do something we think is right at the moment only to realize later is was for nothing. But as long as we learn from those moments and continued to drive forward for our dreams...That's what makes people different from the nightmares that fill this earth.

[3rd Person POV]

"But...Don't think for a single second that just because I forgive you of this, and because your goal reminds me of Izuku, that I won't ever go easy on you whenever you do make it to the hero course."

That particular part of (Y/n)'s sentence hung with Shinso as he walked away, those most importantly it was the "whenever you do make it" part. It was with those very words that gave Shinso the confirmation that (Y/n) really did forgive him, but also believed he'd be able to make it into the hero course. Such a thing was all Shinso needed to move passed this moment of failure, and instead lift his head up. Therefore reminding himself why he's doing this.

--Two Years Ago--

Two years ago in Nabooh city Middle School, Shinso could be seen seated in his classroom listening to the birds chirping as countless other thoughts plagued his mind. His mind was only freed from his thoughts when out of nowhere a fellow student called out to him.

"Wow, Shinso, your Quirk is brainwashing?"

"Seriously?"

"That's amazing! I've never heard of that before."

Lifting his head, Shinso saw a trio of his classmates, one skinny boy, another nerdy boy with glasses, and one slightly overweight girl. Shinso didn't exactly know how this conversation started. But he remained silent as he listened to what his classmates were saying.

Overweight Girl: "I'm so jealous..."

Skinny Boy: "I can't believe you can control anyone!"

Nerdy Boy: [Blushes] "You can do so much bad stuff as you want!"

Overweight Girl: "And no one would know it was you." [Smiles] "Don't control us, okay?"

Shinso only scratched the back of his head as he smiled.

Shinso: "Everyone says that."

But just because he was smiling, didn't mean exactly that having such a Quirk was a good thing. Of course, if someone else had it, the first thing anyone would think is if they'd use it for evil. And it was that exact thought that held Shinso back from being more social. He knew that a few of the bullies from his class thought he was a criminal already, even though he had done nothing. Such things like...

"Criminal."

"It's good for being a villain, huh?"

Sentences like that were often thrown around Shinso, no matter what he was doing. He was used to it by now. But even so, it made him upset that people would say that, when all he wanted was to be a hero. But to everyone else, they just saw him as someone automatically bad. Solely because, if he wanted to, he could do evil and no one could really do anything about it. Such was what led Shinso to be a rather lonely person, hence, he really only looked out for things that could help his dream become true. That's why he was so for bringing up Izuku's death at first after Kaito told him about it. 

But it was just before (Y/n)'s finger touched his forehead during the fight that Shinso realized something. What he was doing right now, was exactly what his old classmates were afraid of him doing. Something that was only seen happening by villains. As soon as Shinso realized such, he shut down his Quirk, hence why (Y/n) wasn't controlled by it when he first responded to the boy, and accepted his defeat. Sure, it sucked for Shinso. But he could smile now that he realized his mistake. Now, he might be a few steps behind getting into the hero course still. 

But even so, if he was going to get into the hero course, he was going to do it the right way. And, besides, someone like (Y/n) was in there, who went through far worse than him. And (Y/n) seemed to believe in Shinso...So what was stopping him from giving it his all? Such thoughts were what drove Shinso to lift his head and continue on with his day. As he did so, however, he passed by a hallway in which Todoroki could be seen. The young boy had just witnessed (Y/n)'s victory from the fighter's waiting room and was on his way to the arena to get ready for his own fight against Aoyama. 

Todoroki: [Thoughts] "So Midoriya, huh? Well, at least this put's him on track to--"

Todoroki's thoughts were suddenly silenced, however, when he turned the hallway he was previously in to see none other than a tall man with red hair, a beard and mask made of red flames and fire running through his costume. This was Endeavor, Todoroki's father.

Todoroki: "You're in my way."

His words seemed without emotion, but Todoroki's father knew otherwise.

Endeavor: "You're acting disgraceful, Shoto."

Shoto didn't respond. Nor did he look at his father. Instead, he simply went to walk passed him. But, of course, such a task was not easy.

Endeavor: "If you used your power on your life side, you would have had an overwhelming victory in the obstacle course and the cavalry battle."

Again, Todoroki said nothing. He just kept walking. As the words of his father echoed from behind.

"Stop this childishness."

"You have a duty to surpass All Might."

"Do you not understand that?"

"You are different from your siblings."

"You are the greatest masterpiece!"

Such words made Todoroki want to stop in his tracks right then and there. Enough so he could spin around and scream at his Father. Oh, Todoroki wanted nothing more than to curse the man who forced him into the world and ruined his life. But he didn't, he remained silent and just continued walking toward the arena. After all, if he wanted to prove his Father wrong, he'd win this next fight with only his right. Then the next. And the next. All until he beats (Y/n) and shows his old man that he doesn't need anything from him...To be called a hero.

--15 Minutes Later--

In the span of fifteen minutes, a lot went down. Todoroki started his fight with Aoyama, who, going off his facial expression, was beginning to regret moving onto the final round. Even so, there wasn't much he could do. Especially after Todoroki released a wave of ice so powerful that it managed to not only consume majority of Aoyama's body, but half the fighting platform as well. It was due to Aoyama being unable to move that the victory was given to Todoroki. Quick and fast. 

All finishing in the matter of a few minutes. Not exactly surprising when you placed them both together. All of this was witnessed by (Y/n), who watched from the gathering room. It was after his fight that he decided to quickly stop in there and get something out of his locker before meeting up with the others. Not long after, he stumbled across Bakugo and Kirishima, who congratulated their bro on the victory, and possibly getting girls' numbers, as Bakugo brought up. 

However, it didn't take long for the pair to notice the duffle back that their friend carried around. When asked what was in there, (Y/n) simply smiled at them, before stating it was a surprise. The pair continued to ask their friend what was inside as they journeyed back to the student grandstand, however, as they were about to near it, (Y/n) came to a sudden stop. There, about twenty meters ahead of him, just a little further pass the entrance for Class 1-B's seating area, a silent Uraraka could be seen standing in front of a vending machine. 

"Hmm...Hmm..."

The sounds of Uraraka's doubtful thoughts were easy to hear. Now, whereas Bakugo and Kirishima just thought it was because she didn't know what drink to pick, (Y/n) had a feeling it was something else...Little did he know. Now, whilst Uraraka had originally stepped out from the Class 1-A seated area to get a drink, her entire body seemed to freeze upon reaching it. Not because she was brought with so many choices. But because her mind was once more drifted toward the situation she had witnessed just a short while ago.

Even though Hagakure technically denied having a crush on (Y/n), it didn't take a rocket scientist to know the invisible girl was simply playing games with her friends. The mere thought of Hagakure liking (Y/n) made Uraraka feel empty inside. She didn't hate Hagakure. Far from it. They were friends. Even so...(Y/n) was the first boy Uraraka had a crush on, so seeing other girls like him as well, it made what should be a happy situation more stressful. As Uraraka didn't even know if (Y/n) liked her back. 

And if he didn't, surely he'd like someone else from their class. Uraraka hated to even imagine having to go every day seeing (Y/n) embrace the likes of Hagakure, Ashido, Jiro, and Yaoyorozu. Heck, even Tsu! It made her sad just thinking about it. It was this very thought process that made Uraraka stand so idle in front of the vending machine. And such caused her to not even notice the fact (Y/n), Bakugo, and Kirishima were standing down the hall just a little bit away from her current position.

(Y/n): "Is everything alright with Uraraka?"

Kirishima: "I think so. She seemed fine before." [Turns to you] "Especially after seeing you won your match."

(Y/n): "Oh..."

That remark caused (Y/n) to momentarily turn to Kirishima, as if he was shocked. It was as he did this that he glanced passed Kirishima to look at Bakugo. And, by no surprise, Bakugo was carrying a grin from ear to ear.

(Y/n): [Sighs] "Come on, spit it out, Bakugo."

Bakugo: "This is your opportunity!"

(Y/n): "Huh? Opportunity?"

Bakugo: "Yeah, your opportunity! O-chocco is upset. It's your job as the love interest to see if she's alright!"

(Y/n): "Love interest?! Wha--I don't--Dude!"

Bakugo: "What?"

Kirishima: "Bakugo, what did we talk about?"

Bakugo: "Silence new bro! Just remember..." [Leans in and whispers] "I vouched for you to be on our team in the cavalry battle. I can deny you access to being a bro just like that."

To further prove his threat, Bakugo went to snap his fingers. The click rang through the air, causing (Y/n) to raise an eyebrow. However, almost instantly his view was blocked by Kirishima who suddenly turned around to (Y/n) with a nervous smile.

Kirishima: "Uh, you know what? You are the love interest, (Y/n). Maybe you should go talk to her."

(Y/n): "What? You to--"

Bakugo: "You heard him, (Y/n)! Go talk to the girl! Meanwhile, ya boy is gonna get some food from the cafeteria."

(Y/n): "Uh, okay, but--"

Bakugo: "CAN'T HEAR YOU, (Y/N)! Come on, Kirishima. Let's go get hotdogs!"

Kirishima: "Uh, should we though? I mean, our matches are up soon. Is it really smart to--"

Bakugo: [Brings hand to his ear] "What's that? Angry Bird wants to be the new number three bro? Huh, that was Kirishma's spot. But o--"

Kirishima: "Okay! Got it! Let's just go already!"

The voice of Kirishima rang through the air. Loud enough that Uraraka was pulled back to reality. It was as she turned around that Bakugo and Kirishima walked passed. The latter offering a smile whilst Bakugo simply winked at her. Uraraka was beyond confused. She didn't know what was going on. She was going to say something, but Bakugo and Kirishima had already moved on. Thankfully for Uraraka, she was given some support when a familiar voice suddenly entered the air.

"Having trouble deciding?"

Uraraka: "Huh?"

The sentence alone caused Uraraka to turn her head to the side. There, she saw (Y/n) approaching her with a small smile on display. The sight alone was enough for her to smile back, all before it dropped slightly as she came to grab the side of her arm and turn back to the vending machine in front of her.

Uraraka: "Oh, yeah, there's just...So many..."

(Y/n): "Haha. Tell me about it. You should see Bakugo at a cinemas. He takes forever to pick his drink."

Uraraka: "Really? Though..." [Smiles to herself] "Guess I shouldn't really be surprised. That does sound like Bakugo." [Gasp] "Don't tell him I said that."

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "Don't worry about it. I'll take it to my grave."

Again, (Y/n) smiled. This time around, Uraraka return the emotion. For a few seconds, the pair stood in silence, simply smiling at one another. The more Uraraka looked, the more she felt happy. It had been a while since it was just her and (Y/n). In fact, it really hadn't been this way since the start of their school year. 

All it took was for (Y/n) to show everyone how great he was during USJ, the next thing she knew, he was the most popular student. Not that she could blame him...He was great. It just seemed a whole lot of other people wanted to be around him as well. And not all of them just wanted to be friends. Such a thought made Uraraka's next statement come out rather suddenly.

Uraraka: "Who would you choose, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "Who?" [Turns to her] "What do mean, 'who'?"

Uraraka: "H-Huh...?" [Realizes] "Oh! Uh! Nothing! W-Well, not nothing. I just mean w-what drink would you choose, you know?"

A nervous wreck of a blush now rested on Uraraka's face before she quickly turned it toward the vending machine. She expected, and kinda hoped, that (Y/n) would just go along with it. However, Uraraka was given the startle of her life when she felt (Y/n)'s hand suddenly land on her shoulder. Immediately a jolt of nervous shoved through her body as she slowly turned her head to face the male. Though, her nerves seemed to lessen when her eyes finally met his, to see a gentle smile on full display. It was one that brought about a warm feeling throughout her body. It also brought a feeling that told her she didn't need to be nervous.

(Y/n): "Uraraka, is everything alright? You seem nervous. Is that about your fight with Bakugo?"

Uraraka: "Fight with Bakugo? Oh! Yeah! I mean, no. I-It's not about that." [Thoughts] "Honestly, I kinda forgot that was happening. Crap. Maybe I should be worried about that. Like, I know he's not necessarily against the idea of me dating (Y/n). But still..."

(Y/n): "Then what's is about? Is everything alright at home?"

Uraraka: "Oh, yeah. E-Everythings fine at home. I'm just...I'm just..."

It was weird. Just a moment ago, Uraraka's mind was filled with a thousand excuses to say to help her get out of this situation. However, right now, she couldn't think of a single one. It left her in a state where she didn't know what to do. It wasn't long, however, until an idea came to mind. For so long now she had realized how much she liked (Y/n). He was strong, and brave. He was nice to her, and he seemed to always look out for her. 

There was so much about (Y/n) that Uraraka loved about the boy that every night she contemplated if the next day would be the time to tell him.Well, now that she stood in the position she was in...Was now the right time? They were alone. No other students were around. And if she wanted to tell (Y/n) how she felt, now seemed to be the perfect time. Might as well get in before anyone else could. 

But it was as Uraraka was filled with a sudden surge of hope, it was almost instantly drained. Immediately thoughts such as 'What would he say?'; 'Would he reject me?'; 'Could I handle that?'. It came like a wave that sent her body into the deep blue of her mind. Then there was the fact they were currently in a Sports Festival. It was something that could shape their future as heroes. Did she really want to throw (Y/n) off by confessing to him right now? 

Eventually, Uraraka decided to keep it in. But this time, there was a confidence with it. Just because she wouldn't tell (Y/n) now, didn't mean she was just going to back her way into a corner. Just like she thought before, (Y/n) was brave. And Uraraka could be brave as well. And not just for being a hero. But being herself as well. It was as she came to this conclusion that Uraraka brought a smile upon her lips.

Uraraka: "...I'm just get pumped up to show Bakugo how much of a nerd he is!"

 Whilst the remark was rather surprising to (Y/n), he was quick to gather himself and grin back.

(Y/n): "Oh, yeah? Well, I sure hope to see that now. I'd love to rub it in his face."

Uraraka: "Good! Because...I-I'm gonna rub some dirt in his eye after I'm done with him!"

The cute adorable confidence was definitely a plus, however, the words were something to be sought after, as (Y/n) soon made known.

(Y/n): "Um..."

Uraraka: [Sighs] "Yeah, I know. I gotta work on my trash talk. I'm not a natural like Bakugo."

(Y/n): "Oh, don't sweat it. Bakugo's always been a firecracker. But you just stick to what works for you, okay? We all know we don't need another Bakugo in class, right?"

All that came from Uraraka was an adorable laugh and a nod of her head. Just seeing that was enough to make (Y/n) happy to see the old Uraraka back. So, from that point on, the pair got themselves some drinks from the vending machine and made their way into Class 1-A's grandstand area. However, as they did so, they failed to notice someone watching them from a distance behind a corner. It was unknown who exactly this person was, but as soon as they saw Uraraka by (Y/n)'s side, they were quick to turn and leave without another word.

[Your POV]

It was after everything with Uraraka that we finally got to the Grandstand area designated for our class. And, I kid you not, a single step in and I was thrown backward with a wave of cheers from everyone. Mostly the girls. It seems my focus for the Sports Festival was still off, as I couldn't help but smile and chuckle lightly as Uraraka helped me to my feet. 

Nevertheless, after a few "thank you's", Uraraka and I were able to find some empty seats and sat down with the others. Though, as we did so, it didn't take long before someone noticed the green and yellow duffle bag I had placed under my chair. Something Ashido brought up as she leaned over her chair behind me.

Ashido: "Oooh! What's in the bag, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "Huh? Oh, it's--"

Hagakure: "Is it presents?"

Jiro: "Is it music?"

Tsuyu: "Is it your gym shorts?"

Yaoyorozu: "Or maybe a variety of teas?"

(Y/n): "Uh..." [Chuckles] "No. It's not, uh..." [Glances at Tsuyu] "It's none of those, actually."

Ashido: "Then what is it? Oh, Tell us! Tell us!"

(Y/n): "Can't do that, sorry. It's a secret."

Ashido: "What? Secret? Again?!" [Crosses arms and mutters] "What is it with you people and not telling me secrets?"

(Y/n): "Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"

Like, I knew girls had their 'girl-talk'. But hearing this just made it a little more interesting. Though, as soon as I asked, I noticed everyone turn to Hagakure, who, despite being invisible, was quick to have a pink tint cover her cheeks. She seemed destined to keep her mouth shut, when out of nowhere Tsuyu spoke out.

Tsuyu: "They are referring to the fact that Hagakure likes--"

Hagakure: "PEANUTS!"

(Y/n): "Uh...What?"

Immediately my gaze, and the gaze of everyone else turned to Hagakure, who's hands came up to her chest out of nerves. A nervous chuckle came seconds later.

Hagakure: [Chuckles] "Sorry, (Y/n), earlier the girls asked me what my favourite, uh...snack is--Yeah! A-And it's peanuts!"

(Y/n): "Oh, um, alright? That's...Cool?"

Tsuyu: "Peanuts? But we were not talking about snacks. We were talking about how Hagakure likes--"

Jiro: "Oh, no you don't!"

Ashido: "Hold her down!"

Out of nowhere, Ashido and Jiro launched at Tsuyu, managing to wrap their hands over the girls mouth to keep her silent. Tsuyu just continued to stare blankly at me and the others, the only form of movement she could make. Now, sure, there were a lot of questions that needed to be brought up. Like, really needed to be brought up. 

But I held myself back from asking anything and just simply slowly turned back to the view of the arena in front of me. It was in this very moment that I came to a demanding conclusion...Girls...Were weird. And I hang with Bakugo, so that's saying something. But honestly, I was kinda missing him right now. However, I would be destined to be without my best friend for some time further. 

Leaving me to silently sit in a spot surrounded by girls as we waited for the next fight to begin. Little did I know, however, as I did so, from the opposite side of the wall placed between our seated area, and that of Class 1-B, Kaito could be seen seated. An annoyed roll of his eyes followed as he witnessed on the field as teachers tried freeing Aoyama from his frozen prison.

Kaito: [Thoughts] "I should have known that Shinso kid would fail in eliminating (Y/n). Oh well, it doesn't matter now. All I have to do is defeat Kaminari and (Y/n) and I will be destined to take each other on. And once we finally reach that stage in front of thousands of people, I will not only show everyone here, but all around the country. That (Y/n) Midoriya..."

"...Is...No...Rival."

[And there we have it, all said and done we reach another chapter with over 10k words. Now, I did originally plan to have the Kaito battle in this one as well. But I figured that rushing over the other fights would be stupid. Now, they won't be taking centre stage. But still, I feel like they need to at least be referenced to make the story gell more. But, don't worry, the time to fight the guy no one likes is only around the corner. And possibly, it'll be so massive it'll take two chapter. But, I'll see how next chapter goes. In the meantime, I hope you liked this one and the story points I imbedded into it. Theres growing tension everywhere between girls, rivals, not rivals. 

Heck, I had a whole lot of stuff for Midnight planned in this chapter involving a cheerleading uniform. But thought that might be a little silly [And I want to prove I'm a good rival to all you guys]. However...I am not evil...I'll say that if this chapter receives...Hmm...37 votes, I'll have cheerleader attire Midnight in the next chapter. Now, I know. It's gonna be a stretch to reach that mark. But if you guys really want it, I feel you'll band together. Anywho, for now. Thanks for reading everyone. If you enjoyed, feel free to vote and leave your thoughts in the comments. As for me, I've got yet another chapter to begin writing. So, I'll see you all again soon for another chapter of Anti-Hero!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 10.5K 29
This is a Fanfiction based off of BNHA, or My Hero Academia. Instead of a reality where the main character, Izuku Midoriya, is born without a quirk...
97.6K 3.5K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...
100K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
863K 35.3K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...