Remnant's hunter

By Lolrrb46

He died. He died doing what he loved. But what if he wasn't finished with his lust of battle nor money? More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chpater 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 11

4.1K 161 18
By Lolrrb46

The air of smoke was roaming around the discarded Zen'in as the cigarette was loosely on his mouth. He was just watching the night sky having nothing else to do. Toji often finds himself reflecting on his son, Megumi, in the middle of unexpected struggles and a world unlike his own. His thoughts are occupied with memories of their troubled relationship and his concern for Megumi's well-being. He wonders if he made the correct decisions and hopes that their paths will be 'normal', allowing him to make atonement and shield his kid from the perils they both face.

But he wouldn't pray on it. The Gojo brat will take care of everything. Beside, who want a monkey as a father?

He took long, deliberate pulls, expelling wisps of smoke that seemed to dance in sync with Remnant's unpredictability. The act of smoking provided a brief relief, a brief getaway from the relentless struggles, and a reminder of his unrelenting determination. Toji's constant perseverance in the face of the unknown was symbolized by the blazing ember of his cigarette in the midst of this alien universe.

"Well, I believe you are the savior of our Huntress." Said Ozpin.

Toji looked over at Ozpin with an evident disdain, his gaze devoid of respect or intrigue for the headmaster's mystique. Toji's gaze briefly changed from his usual apathy to the striking presence of Glynda Goodwitch. Her beauty and elegance stood out like a beacon in a world filled with danger and mayhem, despite his unwavering focus. But, in his perspective, she has her looks.

"You're the big man around here?"Asked Toji.

"Indeed, Mr. Toji. I'm Professor Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy. This is Glynda Goodwitch, one of our esteemed professors." Replied Ozpin.

"No need for the formalities. I'm just here to get the job done and collect my payment." Toji said bluntly.

"I respect your pragmatism, Toji. Your actions in saving Summer Rose were truly remarkable." The headmaster said with a smile.

"I don't need any praise. Just the cash." He was disinterested with having to be praised for doing something good.

"A real charmer, this one." Scoffed Goodwitch. Both of the men pretend to hear her comments.

"Understood. We'll discuss your compensation and the next steps." Said Ozpin.

Toji's irritation became palpable as Ozpin insisted on having him meet the family of Summer Rose, his stoic expression hardening. He had no interest in the emotional entanglements of others and was singularly focused on his payment.

"Toji, it would mean a great deal to her family if they could express their gratitude." Said Ozpin.

"I'm not here for their gratitude or any emotional nonsense. Just the money." Toji said with a dismissive wave. Glynda, watching Toji's attitude, couldn't hide her disbelief.

"You have no respect for the bonds and emotions that drive people in this world." Said Goodwitch.

Toji threw up a cloud of smoke, drawing their attention to a terrible memory that lingered, a wordless reminder of his own silent motives for meeting with Summer's family.

As Toji wrestled with his inner demons, a voice echoing in his mind with taunting words, "dirty monkey," the repetition grew deafening. He clenched his teeth and hit his head to silence the unwelcome thoughts, his eyes flickering with frustration.

Toji finally turned to Ozpin, demanding an explanation, "Why should I meet with the rest of them?"

Ozpin, with a calm and reassuring tone, explained the importance of closure and the impact his presence would have on Summer's family, promising that he would be paid after the interaction.

Toji weighed his options, taking a final drag from his cigarette before tossing it aside. He sighed and reluctantly agreed to the deal, ready to face the other family.

Walking past Ozpin and Glynda, he headed into the hospital. Glynda, still glaring at the retreating figure of the rejected Zen'in, found herself calmed by Ozpin's hand on her shoulder, a silent reminder that arrogance had no place in this world where unity was paramount.

By little did they know that little entity could destroy the balance on both sides.

Scene Change

Summer Rose was not used to being in pain. She wasn't used to waking up in discomfort. Back before life became so complicated, it was a source of jealousy among her team and fellow students. Her Aura's innate healing ability was a result. She could get knocked into trees, slammed into the ground, and smoke a joint; as long as she slept well, she'd be ready to do it all over again.

That was why, even before she opened her eyes, she could feel a severe ache flowing from her brain to her toes, and she wasn't ashamed to confess she was concerned. She indicated this with a quiet groan.

"Hmm...Summer? Summer!" Tai's voice yelled to her left, and she felt both of his enormous hands forcefully hold her left. Summer smirked; Tai? What was he doing with her after she'd left him at home with the girls?

Unwanted, hurtful, and terrifying recollections rose to the surface of her mind. While chasing a herd of Grimm, there came across a couple of weird men—one a Faunus with a scorpion tail, the other a huge beast of a man. Her heart tightened at the memory of those two guys attacking her after establishing that she had silver eyes, because Ruby, her precious, darling little girl, also had silver eyes.

She couldn't remember using her eyes to stop the Grimm, and suddenly a searing, mind-numbing pain radiating from her skull.

"Summer, are you okay?" Her husband's voice cracked as he inquired. A knot came in her throat because she could only think of one other time when he sounded so vulnerable, so broken.

She took a long breath and opened her eyes slowly and deliberately. Her right eye, at least, refused to open for some reason, while the left one did. However, the sight of her adored obliterated all other thoughts.

His eyes were bloodshot, with bags under them. His regularly groomed beard had grown to a five o'clock shadow, and his hair was a jumble of misplaced spikes.

But his smile—his relieved, loving smile—made her heart sing and assured her that everything would be fine.

He sighed raggedly, collapsing against her...hospital bed.

"Oh, thank the brothers! I was so afraid!" he said, lifting his head up, his eyes wet with unshed tears. "If something happened to you, I...I...oh gods..." With a wheezing sigh, he hung his head low.

Summer cooed, releasing her grip on his hand to cup his face. He leaned into her touch, and as she stroked his tears away, she said, "Tai, it's okay. I'm here, I'm safe, and we're in this together."

"Thank the brothers," Tai said quietly, reaching up and gripping her hand again, closing his eyes tightly as he just...stayed with her. Summer smiled softly before frowning when she felt a strange pull on the left side of her face. She blushed, having forgotten her original uncertainty about her half-blindness.

She swallowed and cleared her throat. "Uh...Tai?How bad is it?" She asked, looking up. He stood up, still holding her hand in his, and frowned at his inquisitive face.

"Your eye...it's...it's..." he bit his lower lip. "Summer, it's gone."

Summer Rose made a blink. Once, twice, and three times more. "Come again?" she asked, taking a short, skeptical breath.

"Your left eye...it's gone," he said quietly. "They said there..." he paled somewhat."There wasn't much to clean out."

Summer drew her hand back, brushing the bandage across her face. She ran her palm along her face, pausing just under her eye; the flesh above her cheek was completely numb, which didn't help her feelings. She poked her left eye with a featherlight touch.

As pain slashed across her face and her ears rang, her fingers dug into the bandage.

The recollections of her failed quest bubbled to the surface once more. Fear, despair, and sorrow that seared her to the core.

"Summer!" Tai's voice resonated faintly in her ears.

Those men had ruined her eye! What was she going to do, Brothers? She couldn't possibly...How could she possibly fight? Will she use her weapons? Should she shoot her guns?

With only one eye, could she still turn Grimm to stone?

"Miss Rose?" Summer whirled to face the new voice, perhaps a little too quickly considering the painful jolt in her neck. Unfortunately, because of her new injuries, she couldn't see this new individual even if she turned as much as she could.

The person—a bald man in scrubs—came into view rapidly. "Miss Rose?" He smiled and added, "My name's Cilan, I'm a nurse at this hospital—your nurse, for the time being." "Now, what's wrong?" he asked, glancing at the monitors at the side of the bed.

"M-My eye..." "I-i-it's..." stammered Summer.

"Are you in pain?" "Are you feeling any pain?" he inquired.

"It's gone," she wailed as she shook her head furiously.

Cilan sighed, sympathetically frowning. "Yes, it is," he answered flatly. "I wasn't there, but if you're interested, I can bring the surgeon here to answer some questions. But first, I'll need you to calm down."

Summer wanted to shout; could you just calm down? She's only half-blind!

But Tai grasped her hand one more. The smile on his face eased her spirit as she turned. It wasn't a huge, toothy grin. Not some brazen, wild grin. No, this was the smile he kept for her and their daughters. That slight, embarrassed upturn of his lips that said he had no idea what was going to happen, but he would stand with her and shoulder whatever came his way.

She felt her fear dissipate as she looked into his eyes, only to be bitterly reminded that she only had one eye to look back with. But she didn't dwell on it, instead returning her attention to the nurse. "I'm okay," she stated.

The nurse nodded but continued to examine the monitors. "Are you in pain?" he asked. Is it necessary for me to increase the pain medication?"

She shook her head; if she had been an ordinary person, she would have replied yes. But she was a Huntress (a pretty damn excellent one, despite her recent setback), and her not insignificant Aura was already hard at work. Nurse Cilan hummed quietly but nodded, saying, "The doctor will be down in a bit."

They watched the nurse leave, locking the door securely behind him. Summer huffed after a little time of stillness, "Okay, we need to talk about something or else I'm going to lose it."

"Oh! Qrow and the girls are on their way," Tai remarked, blinking. Finally. "But, hey," he chuckled, "you know Qrow." Regrettably, the mention of their children it did not have the desired and expected effect. Summer's face turned pale, and she could faintly feel her heartbeat rise.

"Summer?!" In any other situation, she would have laughed; he was becoming monotonous. Instead, she reached out and grabbed his arm, staring as intently as she could.

"Ruby's in danger!" she screamed passionately.

Tai tried to flinch back, but Summer stopped him.

"This wasn't just collateral damage," she said, pointing to her missing eye and panting lightly. The men that attacked me did so because of my eyes! I have silver eyes."

It took him a while to realize what he meant. But when he did—when his cheeks paled and his eyes widened to the size of a dinner plate—he pulled back, yanking out his scroll so quickly she was worried it would fly out of his hands.

The doctor and a handful of nurses had already entered the room, taking a brief glance at the monitors before yelling commands at each other. Summer, on the other hand, ignored them in favor of staring at her husband as he spoke to the only other person they trusted with their children.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 83 23
Chisa Yukizome? Dead. Juzo Sakakura? Dead. Kyosuke Munakata? Depressed. I don't want to leave it like that. An AU where they're both back to life...
11.8K 414 9
After killing thousands to millions of people, Y/n tyranny is finally ended by Jujutsu sorcerers being sent to hell to live out the rest of his days...
444K 3.2K 21
Pain. Hatred. Insults. This is normal in the life of (Y/N) in the hellhole called 'home' with his 'family'. But what happens when he leaves?
9.2K 210 8
A gamer from the real world is killed but gets sent to the world of dxd let's see how he fairs Not my images