Conflicted

Per PercyJacksonFan1289

Severus Thorn never wanted to be a Padawan. He wanted a simple life, a life of peace. Now here he is, the Pad... Més

Introduction
Attack on Kamino
Siege on Ryloth
The Students and the Black Market
Dreams and Visions
The Sith Assassin
A Happy Landing
Reunion and Rescue
Unleashed Rage
Attack on Umbara
1000 Reads!!
The Mandalorian Operation
Second Impressions
The Shadow of the Hunter
The Sith Arise
Delta Squad
Sidious

Sheer Hatred

166 5 2
Per PercyJacksonFan1289

Severus' P.O.V

I walked briskly after Obi-Wan and Anakin. I didn't hear them talking much. Just Anakin going from laughing, to a serious expression. He's always done that. As the war carried on, it was always harder to make him smile. Watching him go from the Jedi I used to banter with while piloting my star fighter go to a battle-hardened warrior, with a dark side. It was painful. They got to the hangar, and I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on staying out of sight. I carried a bag, holding my Death Watch armor in it. I was going to need it.

Obi-Wan stopped, and Anakin and him started bickering in front of the ship.

"You're joking?" Obi-Wan said, exasperated.

"It's a decent ship!" Anakin protested. He leaned on the ship, and the ramp slammed down when Anakin put his weight on it. "That was intentional." He gave Obi-Wan a grin.

They bickered again. 

I hid behind a cargo crate, only eavesdropping. Their arguing was going to take a while.

"Wow, sneaking aboard Kenobi's ship again." 

Nathaniel was right next to me, I barely even noticed him.

"Nathan? I thought you were on Kamino?" I whispered.

"Got back here, since our Knighthood is right around the corner, Master Ti sent me to prepare. Word is, I'm being chosen for a Guardian role." He whispered, excitedly.

Most of us would fit into a Guardian role. Always on the front lines. 

"Why are you here anyways?" I asked him.

"Saw you following Kenobi, heard about Mandalore. Figured you'd go. Especially against Windu's wishes." He said. "Be careful, will ya?" 

I nodded. "I will."

We did our handshake. I was great friends with Liam, but out of the three guys, Nathan and I were practically brothers. We understood each other. Similar to Kenobi and Skywalker. 

He cloaked himself with the Force and vanished into thin air. He knows all sorts of Force tricks. It was annoying.

Anakin finally left the hangar, after constant bickering with Obi-Wan. I was lucky Anakin's ship was garbage. The ramp closed way to slowly, allowing me to sneak on board. Obi-Wan stayed in the pilots seat, his mind and heart focused on the destination. I entered a small room Anakin had for showering on long trips. I got dressed in my Mandalorian armor. I always felt awesome with it. It was badass, I had to give them that. 

We finally arrived on Mandalore. I felt us land. And then I heard Obi-Wan talk to himself. "Anakin, that's the last time I borrow a ship from you." He walked out, and I heard heavy noise. Most likely the ramp having a hard time. I felt footsteps go back into the ship, and then a scuffle. Once the noise receded, I exited the ship, stretching my cramped muscles. I saw a body of man I didn't know at all. Obi-Wan must've taken his Mandalorian armor. 

I walked out of the ship, looking around. I guess the only guard there was the one Kenobi took out. I was about to get a lift to follow Kenobi when three blue-armored Mandalorians surrounded me. I ignited my saber, about to strike when one of them had their arms up in surrender. 

"Hey kid." The Mandalorian said, and I immediately recognized her voice, even before she took off her helmet. 

"Bo. Here to finish the job?" I said, having my saber up.

"Wouldn't need to do that myself. Maul's faction switched their armor, so you'd be seen as an enemy. Even then, Vizsla got your helmet with the Darksaber, which Maul has now." She said.

I smacked myself on the inside. I shouldn't have abandoned the Darksaber. But I didn't need an extra saber, and returning it to the temple would've caused Mandalorian raids on it, endangering us. 

"Well, why are you here then?" I asked, slightly lowering my blade.

She paused. "The Duchess, is my sister. I need help freeing her, I can't leave her like this. The plan was to create a diversion to get Kenobi and Satine on their own ship to Coruscant, but then you came along, and well, you're the Mando in shining armor." 

I folded my arms. "Tell me what I have to do." 

She smiled. "Good thinking, kid. But there is something I want besides Satine free. I want Maul dead." 

I nodded. 

"I'll see what I can do."

We waited for half an hour on the rooftop. Bo knew that Obi-Wan's original escape plan would fail, and Maul would bring him right into the throne room. She wanted me to be in there, free Obi-Wan and Satine, and then kill Maul.

"Why don't you do it yourself." I growled. "Why do I have to find a way." 

She scoffed. "I don't stand a chance against him. You do. If Vizsla couldn't get him, I sure as hell won't." 

I frowned. "He's dead?" She gave me a nod in response. "Well, he died a warriors death, if it makes the sicko more comfortable." 

Bo was silent, and then her head snapped up when we heard engines flying our way from the tunnels. Obi-Wan and Satine were running onto the ship with a horde of Mandalorians chasing after them.

"I'm going to help them." I said, getting up. 

"No! I told you the plan wouldn't work, that Jedi arrogance won't help you." She protested.

"If it doesn't work out, keep an open ship for both of them." 

I leaped down, ignited my saber. Satine was running onto the ramp, and Obi-Wan firing at the Mandalorians. 

"Severus! Why are you here?!" He yelled, angry.

"To save you! Go!" I yelled back, deflecting blaster bolts and shooting waves of white electricity from my fingertips. I was dominating the battlefield, until a huge blast knocked me off my feet. Anakin's ship's cannons must need some new repairs, since it nearly killed me. I groaned, tearing off my helmet for fresh air. In my blurry vision, I saw one red figure and one yellow figure walk towards me. 

"Ah, the Padawan." I heard Maul's voice. "And, another tool in my revenge."

I got up, about to swing my saber when I felt a hard impact in the back of my head, and everything went black.

I woke up, blinking away black spots and the huge pain in my head. I was cast aside the room, clearly was thrown around unconscious, to torture Kenobi no doubt. I saw Satine, on her knees next to Maul, and Obi-Wan in front of the dais. I listened in on the conversation. 

"Your noble flaw is a weakness shared by you...and your Duchess." At the end of his sentence, he got up, using the Force to lift up the Duchess, who started clawing at her throat. "You should have chosen the dark side, Master Jedi. Your emotions betray you." He walked down the steps, carrying Satine with him. "Your fear, and yes, your anger! Let your anger deepen your hatred!"  He stoked the fire burning inside Obi Wan.

"Don't listen to him!" Satine yelled out, her feet dangling in the air and her hands clawing at her throat.

"Quiet." Savage's deep voice rumbled. 

"You can kill me, but you will never destroy me." Obi-Wan said, at gun point. "It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it!" He spat.

"It is more powerful than you know.." Maul said, looking at Satine as if she was an art piece.

"And those who oppose it are more powerful than you'll ever be." Maul snarled at him, but Obi-Wan tried convincing Maul and relating to him. "I know where you're from. I've been to your village. I know the decision to join the dark side wasn't yours. The Nightsisters made it for you." 

"Silence!" Maul yelled. "You think you know me? It was I who languished for years thinking of nothing but you!" He held the Darksaber hilt in his hand. "Nothing..but this moment. And now the perfect tool for my vengeance is in front of us. I never planned on killing you. But I will make you share my pain...Kenobi." 

With that, he lifted Satine up. Obi-Wan tried getting up but he was kicked down. Satine flew forward, and Maul positioned the Darksaber right where her waist would hit. She flew forward, and then she...

Stopped.

Maul looked at her in confusion, and used the Force to try and bring her more forward. It didn't work. He tried impaling her with the saber. It didn't work. Maul, with his eyes wide and full of anger, looked around, until it settled on me. He noticed my fingers outstretched, saving Satine. 

"You..." He growled. He dropped Satine, using the Force to drag me towards him. He grabbed me by the throat. "You Jedi. Naive, arrogant. Thinking you can save everyone! But you can't. You...are just as evil as your rivals." 

"Then I'll see you in hell." I gasped out. 

Maul laughed. "You saved the Duchess temporarily, but you won't save yourself." He raised the saber

I glanced at Kenobi, and he gave me a nod. 

"Now"

I used the Force to fling Maul back, and he got sent into the his throne. Obi Wan used the Force to send his escorts to the air, and to the ground. 

"Get Satine!" I yelled. 

Satine looked at me, shocked and frightened from nearly dying to Maul. 

I looked at her. "Bo's waiting for you. Now go! Get out of here!" 

I turned to see Savage lumbering towards me, igniting his double-bladed lightsaber. I fought against this style numerous times, against Rose. But she was better. Faster, more precise. Less savage and wild. But that means he was unpredictable. But sloppy. 

I ducked under a wild swing, and blocked his next one when I got up. Maul got up, ready to chase after Kenobi until he saw something that made him go even more hatred-filled. 

I used the dark side. Shamelessly. I lifted Savage up, making him claw at his throat for air, and he dropped his saber. 

"Savage!" Maul screamed. 

"Hurts, right?" I said. 

Maul looked at me, anger in his eyes, but did not approach. 

I looked around me, and every red armored Mandalorian was gasping for air. Savage's passive Force resistance prevented me from finishing the job, right then and there.

But that wasn't the same for the Mandalorians.

All at the same time, a sickening crunch echoed throughout the throne room. I fell to one knee, about twenty corpses scattered around me. The move was exhausting. Now, it was just me and the two Dathomirians. Maul walked towards me, picking me up and began landing blow after blow with his fist. Savage later joined in. Later, Maul sat on his throne, watching as I tried defending and dodging blow from Savage. 

Then I felt it. 

The significant power change in the room. Savage stopped advancing, knowing he felt it to, and so did Maul. My saber was all the way across the room, since I dropped it after the chokehold move. But I felt my power return. Not just mine. Revan's. Something told me that I'd need it. I felt the anger and hatred in the room. I fed on it, using a mental form of Vaapad. It gave me strength.

"I sense a presence. A presence I haven't felt since...Master!" Maul's voice spoke.

The doors flew open. 

It was him.

I knew it before he spoke. The man in the red robes and hooded cloak who haunted my dreams. The man who no doubt, has two red lightsabers inside his robes. The man, who would be the downfall of the Republic. Of the Jedi. Of the galaxy. 

Sidious.

I leaned against the wall, looking as Maul and Sidious met in the middle of the throne room. Maul, knelt before him. And I sensed something in Maul. Fear.

"Master." Maul gasped out.

"I am most impressed to see you have survived your injuries." There it was. The nail on chalkboard voice. The voice screaming his own name in my sleep at night. He turned his head to look at me. "Ah, we finally meet." He knew me. He knew me as much as I knew him. "I've heard, and seen, much about you." He smiled. 

"Shame I'll have to kill you then." I said, staring at the dark space covering his eyes. 

He laughed. "Not many Jedi talk like that. Not with....such anger....such hatred...such need for revenge." He glanced at Maul, who was still kneeling, with his head down.

"I'm not like other Jedi." I said, standing up straight, and finding resolve to dull the pain in my ribs.

"Oh, I know." He then turned to Maul. "As for you, I'm afraid both you and your.....brother, have become RIVALS." With that, he used the Force to lift them up and slam both of them into the glass windows. The windows cracked. Maul and Savage resisted, trying to break free. Sidious laughed, letting them both go. Maul ignited his red saber, and Savage his double bladed saberstaff. Sidious smiled, two lightsabers appearing with lighting quick speed. Two crimson blades shot out of them. I pulled my own saber across the room to my hand. Sidious gave me a glance, while his opponents charged. He spun his sabers, dodging and weaving as they struck empty air. He dragged his blades across the ground, laughing in between saber clashes. He fought with such ferocity, it would have given Windu the challenge of his life. They took the fight to the balcony, Sidious allowing Maul to push him back. Until, I saw from afar, Savage shoulder charging Sidious, knocking him off the balcony. He flipped in mid-air, using the Force to drag both of them with him. I ran after them, leaping off the balcony without a second thought. 

I landed in front of Sidious. He tilted his head, giving me that smile while Maul and Savage slowly got up.

"So glad you could join us, Padawan-."

He was cut off when I immediately ignited my saber, swinging at him. Maul and Savage backed away in surprise. He blocked and countered my attacks, moving with extreme speeds. I pressed him back against the wall, feeding off his dark energy and using it for my own. He growled, knowing that I wasn't some weak Padawan that he could toy with. It was fierce, I countered his counterattacks, and vice versa. Maul seemingly got a grip, being able to comprehend  the speed of the saber attacks. He charged, joining the battle and deflecting and returning our saber blows. He was a fast opponent, his agility like none other, but after keeping up with Sidious, it seemed like nothing. Savage, however, wasn't as skilled as his brother. He rushed Sidious, prepared to strike. Charging, charging,charging, and-

Savage looked down in shock. One of Sidious' saber blades going right through his stomach, the other one in a saber clash with both mine and Maul's sabers. 

"NO!" Maul screamed, kneeling at where his brother lay and exchanged words with him. 

Meanwhile, I didn't give Sidious a moment to breathe. He swung at my feet, and I jumped up and used the Force to push him back. He didn't go flying like others though, he only slid a bit. His passive Force barrier was nearly impenetrable. In the corner of my eye, I saw Maul, get up, and ignite the Darksaber along with his red one. Bloodlusted and rage-filled, he only attacked Sidious, and I did the same. Sidious held his own. He was an acrobat, flipping and spinning everywhere, along with the occasional cackle. He used the Force to lift me up and then slam me down. Maul ran towards him but then flew back.

Flying from Sidious' finger tips, was electric blue Force lightning. Maul screamed out in pain, twitching after hitting the ground hard. I got up, and slowly walked towards him. 

"Now that we have our...distractions out of the way, why don't we discuss some topics." Sidious said, smiling. 

"The only topic I want to discuss, is your death." I growled, raising my saber. 

He inhaled deeply. "Excellent.." 

He shot his lightning from his fingertips, he smiled cruelly, knowing this would cause me to tap out. What he didn't expect, was me absorbing it into my palm, and then shooting it back, now white colored. It hit him, and he flew back, giving in to his first yell of pain. 

"A Jedi, using severe dark side tactics. No honor amongst you." He growled. 

I felt a power behind my voice. "Honor is a fools prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." 

Sidious' mouth opened in shock. "I've heard that line before boy, what do you know of Ancient Sith." His shock turned into anger.

We flew at each other with blows that shook the ground beneath us, exchanging bolts of Force lightning and lightning-fast saber strikes. We both sent each other back with a Force push, and we were about to go at it again before two blaster bolts landed at Sidious' feet. 

And there, the Shadow stood, his cloak flowing in the wind, cowboy hat dipped, and both blasters out. 

"You." Sidious said, filled with spite. 

"Don't be so excited to see me." He said, walking slowly next to me, still aiming his guns. I saw something moving in his cloak. 

"I'll kill you. You'll be dead, just like HER." Sidious yelled.

"Yeah, last time you tried that, didn't work out so well, did it?" He shot back, coolly. 

"I didn't need to finish the job. A Jedi did it for me." Sidious smiled.

His hands tightened on his guns. He rushed towards Sidious. 

Sidious smiled, raising his hands to wipe out the bounty hunter with lightning, but nothing came out. Sidious' immense confusion didn't stop the fist slamming into his face. He stumbled back, shocked. 

"How?" 

A lizard-like creature crawled out of The Shadow's cloak. 

"A ysalamir." Sidious gasped.

The ysalamir curled itself onto The Shadows neck. "Mhm force repelling stuff and all that nice stuff. Now how about that. Managed to find one on a little trip to Myrkr." 

Sidious spun his sabers. "I won't need the Force." He said coldly. 

The Shadow tipped his hat, holstering his guns and taking out one of his blades. 

"It'll take more than a lightsaber to kill me." He responded.

Both of them rushed towards each other. Sidious was still lightning-quick, but the Shadow had been fighting Jedi all his life. He's gone toe to toe with me and Master Kenobi. But he adapts. He finds the weakness and then exploits it. He finds the Shatterpoint. But Sidious was relentless. I was about to use the Force to propel myself forward and join the fight, but then I realized, I couldn't use it either. That creature on the bounty hunters neck prevented both me and Sidious from fighting. Both opponents locked in a clash. Sidious kicked the Shadow in the stomach, knocking him back. 

Sidious then leapt towards the bounty hunter, expertly slashing, but he deflected back every single blow. The Shadow used his rocket boots to send himself flying back, shooting lasers out of his wrist gauntlet. It was shocking, seeing Sidious lazily deflect blaster bolts without the Force. Sidious threw his saber, and the Shadow ducked, and it sailed right above his head. 

"You got slow, old man." The Shadow said, spinning his blade. 

Sidious smiled. "And you got sloppy, Arran." So Arran was his name. Sidious pointed to his neck, and a burning hole was in the ysalamir. He wasn't aiming for Arran. 

I felt a loud roar in my ears. The world filled back up with creation, sound, life. The Force flowed through my veins. I readied my saber, ready to join the fight after watching the stunning duel between the bounty hunter and the Sith. I leapt in front of Sidious, slashing at him. He sidestepped, swatting my saber to the side before sending my flying back with the Force. I hit the wall, and my vision went blurry.

"NO!" Arran yelled.

I heard more fighting until I felt a body land next to me. It was Arran.

"Wow, so heroic." I grumbled, getting up.

"Shut up, kid." He shot back. He got up, sizing up Sidious. "We'll take him together." 

"That's what I was about to say." I mumbled. 

We rushed towards the Sith Lord, who had his two sabers back in his hands now. Arran took the right, I took the left. He used one saber to fend off each of us, and it was clear that it was an even match. 

Sidious growled. "Enough of this." Lightning erupted from his palms, engulfing Arran and knocking him back. I, absorbed it into my palms, planning to shoot it back. But it didn't stop. He let the lightning from his fingertips run freely, causing chaos around us. I slowly, began to push his lightning back with my own. A white and blue ball of pure electricity sparked between us, until both of us were knocked back. I felt a hard impact on my head and then the darkness took me. 

I felt an extreme cold engulf me, and my eyes shot up. My armor was dripping wet. I got up, breathing heavily. The Shadow, now I know as Arran, was standing over me carrying a empty cup. He was in his usual outfit, just without the hat and bandana. I wonder how many replicas of that outfit he had. 

"I was gonna let you sleep, but you weren't getting up anytime soon. Figured I'd do it myself." He said, his face grim.

"What happened with the Sith Lord?" I asked, rolling my aching shoulder.

"Sidious? After that whole wizard lightning shit, he vanished, and you were out cold." He pulled up a chair in front of the bed and sat down. "I'll wait for a thank you." 

I scoffed. "You've tried to kill me countless times. I'm not giving you a thank you anytime soon." 

"Hey, you were the one fighting me, I just wanted to talk." He shot back, crossing his arms.

I sighed, and raised my hands in defeat. "Yeah well, you got my attention now, bounty hunter." 

He gave me a small smile. "You're so much like your mother." 

I frowned, reaching for the saber that was still, surprisingly on my hip. "What do you know about my mom?" 

"I know that you never got to know her. I know that she was a fierce woman. I know that she's been in more than one tussle with Sidious. I know that she loved you, even though she only spent a very short time with you." He paused before saying the next word. "And I know she's not with us anymore." His voice cracked at the end. 

"How do you know all of this?" I asked, standing up. 

He paused. "I don't know how to word it." 

"You can try." I said, folding my arms.

He sighed, before finally speaking. He walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. He looked me deep in the eye and said,

"Severus, I'm your father."

.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

4.5K 177 21
All you know is your name, Kodo, and you began as an unknown from a family you can't even recall. You've been carrying that name ever since you got t...
1.3M 34.2K 103
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Highest rankings: #1 anakinskywalker #1 anakin #1 obiwankenobi #1 padawan #1...
29.4K 936 20
The chosen one, Anakin Skywalker, was found by the Sith before the Jedi. Now as war rages between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Gala...
5.8K 161 17
"There are two sides: the light side, and the dark side." "But it doesn't have to be white and black" Y/N L/N was a Jedi padawan, his master sen...