Ayano Aishi, the Emotionless...

Von BelleAmant

STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly fee... Mehr

Week Zero, Thursday
Week Zero, Friday
Week One, Monday
Week One, Tuesday
Week One, Wednesday
Week One, Thursday
Week One, Saturday
Week Two, Monday
Week Two, Tuesday
Week Two, Wednesday
Week Two, Thursday
Week Two, Friday
Week Two, Saturday
Week Three, Sunday
Week Three, Monday
Week Three, Tuesday
Week Three, Wednesday
Week Three, Thursday
Week Three, Friday
Week Three, Saturday
Not a chapter
Week Four, Sunday
Week Four, Monday
Week Four, Tuesday
Week Four, Wednesday
Week Four, Thursday
Week Four, Friday
Week Four, Saturday
Week Five, Monday
Week Five, Tuesday
Week Five, Wednesday
Week Five, Thursday
Week Five, Friday
Week Five, Saturday
Week Six, Sunday
Week Six, Monday
Week Six, Tuesday
Week Six, Wednesday
Through His Eyes
Week Six, Thursday
Week Six, Friday
Week Six, Saturday
Week Seven, Monday
Week Seven, Tuesday
Special Chapter
Week Seven, Wednesday
Week Seven, Thursday
Week Seven, Friday
Week Seven, Saturday
Week Eight, Sunday
Week Eight, Monday
Special Chapter Again :3
Week Eight, Tuesday
Week Eight, Wednesday
Week Eight, Thursday
Week Eight, Friday
Week Eight, Saturday
Week Nine, Sunday
Week Nine, Monday
Week Nine, Tuesday
Week Nine, Wednesday
Week Nine, Thursday
Week Nine, Friday
Week Ten, Monday
Week Ten, Tuesday
Week Ten, Wednesday
Week Ten, Thursday
Week Ten, Friday
Week Ten, Saturday
Week Eleven, Monday
Week Eleven, Tuesday
Week Eleven, Wednesday
Week Eleven, Thursday
Week Eleven, Friday
The Extra Chapter

Week One, Friday

749 35 9
Von BelleAmant

Week One, Friday

    The day starts like her new usual. Ayano gets up, gets ready, and heads outside to find Osano already at her door. They walk to school, and Taro runs up to them when they’re five minutes away. Kokona, once again, is at the gates. She waves to Ayano excitedly, but joins the group instead of pulling Ayano away. The four decide to sit at the fountain to talk, and watch people slowly arrive.

    It’s peaceful. Ayano takes a moment to watch her friends interact, talking and laughing together. She allows herself to be content.

    Then she remembers that it’s Friday. And with the weekend, she’ll be alone in her house. It’s become too quiet for her. But she doesn’t know how to change it.

    Suddenly, Kokona’s phone begins to ring. Her smile drops, but she quickly forces it back on. It’s too quick of a change for Osano and Taro to notice, but Ayano sees it.

    “Oh, shoot, guys I should probably take this. I’ll be right back!” Kokona says, and she walks away from the fountain, through the shoe locker area and out of the front door.

    Ayano is tempted to follow Kokona and see who is calling her, but Taro speaks before she can excuse herself.

    “Hey Ayano, have you heard the myth about the cherry tree behind the school?” He asks, and Osano stops complaining about his math homework to listen.

    “The one on the hill?” Ayano responds. Despite being new, Ayano knows about the tree.

    After all, her mom went to Akademi High. It’s where she met Ayano’s father.

    “I think I’ve heard a bit,” Ayano continues, and Taro gestures for her to continue. “Isn’t it said that, if you confess under the tree, the other person will accept your declaration of love?”

    “Yeah, that’s the one. Specifically Friday afternoons, though.”

    “Why that time? Why not another day?”

    Taro shrugs. “Honestly, I have no clue. But no one has ever been rejected at Akademi if they confessed on a Friday afternoon under that tree. Nobody.”

    Ayano stores that away for later. She hopes that she’ll meet her love here, and any myth or luck will help her win her love’s heart. “So, you believe in it?”

    Taro nods. “If no one has been proven it to be wrong, then how can I say otherwise? What about you, what do you think?”

    Ayano smiles. “It sounds sweet. It seems like a great way to find the confidence to confess, if you know you won’t be rejected.” Then she looks at Osano, who’s been quiet the whole time. “What do you think?”

    He blushes. “Well, it probably works. I mean, it’s stupid though. Some dumb fairytale about a magical love tree? It doesn’t make sense.” Then he looks at the ground and mutters, “I hope it’s true, though.”

    That piques Ayano’s curiosity, but she doesn’t ask, because Kokona comes walking back in right then.

    Kokona is smiling, but it’s fake. Ayano knows a fake smile a mile away, because she always has to fake hers. But Ayano is...annoyed to see that Kokona is upset. She decides to boost her friend’s mood.

    But how?

    Suddenly, Ayano remembers her earlier thoughts. Her house is too quiet, her friend is upset-

    “Kokona? I just realized something,” Ayano blurts out, and Kokona looks at her with confusion.

    “What is it, Ayano?” She asks.

    “I’ve never had a sleepover.” It’s random, but it’s true. Ayano hopes that Kokona sees what she’s getting at.

    She does.

    “Never?! Well, we have to fix that! Ayano, want to have a sleepover tonight?” And just like that, Kokona is beaming.

    Ayano nods. “You can come over to my place after drama. My parents aren’t home, so they won’t mind.”

    Kokona squeals. “Oh, this will be so fun! We can run through lines and stay up all night- we’re having a pillow fight. Oh my, I have so much I get to introduce you to in the world of sleepovers!”

    The warning bell rings, and Kokona quickly hugs Ayano before running off to class, promising to make a list of activities for them. Taro waves goodbye, then heads after Kokona.

    Osano doesn’t say anything until they’re almost to class.

    “You saw that she was upset, didn’t you?” He asks, but he knows that Ayano saw it.

    “I did.”

    “You did that just to make her happy.”

    “I did.”

    Osano smiles at Ayano, a soft one that Ayano never sees. “You’re amazing, Aya.”

    He doesn’t blush as he sits down, just gives her that soft smile.

    As Ayano sits down, the walls around her heart quiver, but only a bit.

-----

    Classes pass, and lunch comes quickly. Kokona joins the group for lunch, and Ayano has a feeling that this will be a common occurrence. The feeling leaves her content.

Osano, noticing that Ayano still doesn’t bring lunches, has given her half of his every day. Today, he shoves a bento into her hands, muttering that he, “made extra, so don’t act like this is special! It’s not like I made this just for you.”

It’s good, like always, and Ayano tells him so.

“Whatever. Just, don’t expect this from me every single day...unless you want me to do that.”

Ayano is too busy eating to answer, but Kokona gives her a ‘We are so talking about this later’ look. Ayano nods.

After lunch, classes go by quickly. Soon enough, it’s cleaning time.

Ayano gets stuck taking the trash to the incinerator.

She doesn’t expect to see a group of five delinquent boys there, but they ignore her as she passes.

She really doesn’t expect to see a girl hiding behind the back of the school, looking like she just got in a fight with a spray tanner.

It’s not actually a bad tan, but it’s obvious that it’s fake. Ayano, deciding to up her reputation and be nice, says hello to the girl as she goes to open the doors.

“Whatever,” is the girl’s intelligent reply, but then she looks up at Ayano. “Who are you? I’ve, like, never seen you in my life, and I know who everyone is here.”

“Ayano Aishi,” Ayano introduces herself kindly. “And you are?”

The girl looks like she’s been slapped in the face. “Um, duh? I’m Musume Ronshaku. How did you not know that?”

“I’m new this year,” Ayano keeps the friendly smile plastered on, but she’s annoyed.

“Clearly.” Then Musume is back on her phone, ignoring Ayano.

Ayano takes the chance to head back to class, returning the trash can. She waves goodbye to Osano as he heads to the cooking room, then heads to the gym to practice with the Drama Club.

-----

    By now, Ayano is over halfway memorized. The rest of the club is proud, and Riku tells Ayano that, “Kizano is going to be wowed by you when he watches us perform on Saturday. Just you wait!”

    After that, Kokona and Ayano walk to Ayano’s house with Osano, who reminds Ayano that, “You can text me if you want, not like I want you to text me this weekend, dummy.”

    To which Ayano promises to text him sometime tomorrow.

    Kokona laughs when they get inside. “Ayano, he has to be interested!”

    “Really?”

    Kokona nods fervently as she sets down her schoolbag. “He walks you to and from school, he’s always doing that weird insult-compliment thing, and he wants to spend his weekend with you! That boy is head over heels right now.”

    Ayano laughs at that. “I think that’s just Osano. After all, he’s only known me for a week.”

    Kokona shakes her head. “It’s an Akademi thing! You’ve heard the myth of the cherry tree, right?”

    “Yeah, Taro, Osano and I talked about it while you were on your call. Speaking of-”

    “There’s also a myth that Akademi is the home of true love!”

    “What?”

    “A lot of people fall in love the first time they meet their future significant other! Osano is probably the same.”

    “I don’t think so,” Ayano admits, and if she could feel upset, she would. But the fact that she can’t is what confirms it. She and Osano aren’t one of Akademi’s Love at First Sight pairs.

    “Why not?”

    Ayano immediately plans to change the topic. After all, she’s never told anyone about her lack of emotions.

    But she pauses.

    Why shouldn’t she tell Kokona? In fact, wouldn’t that make them better friends? Maybe Kokona can help find her love.

    And maybe Kokona will tell her about the phone call.

    “I’ll explain, but it’s a weird story. So, first, do you want something to eat?”

    Confused, Kokona agrees.

-----

    After they’ve eaten, Ayano leads Kokona to her bedroom. Kokona sits on her bed while Ayano sits in her chair.

    Ayano clears her throat. “Just so you know, I’ve never told anyone about this. And I hope that you-”

    “I won’t tell a soul, promise.”

    “Alright. Well, let’s start from the beginning... Ever since I can remember, I’ve never been able to feel emotions. I can’t feel joy, I can’t feel sadness. All I feel is basic emotions like boredom, annoyance, and contentment. That’s it. It’s how my whole family is. Every Aishi woman has been born like this, and it’s always been women that are born. The only way to find emotions is to find our love.”

    Kokona perks up at that. “And if you don’t have emotions-”

    “It means I haven’t found my love yet. So Osano can’t be the one.”

    “Does it have to be instantaneous love, though?”

    The question confuses Ayano. “What?”

    “Who says you can’t slowly fall in love with Osano?”

    “No Aishi woman has ever reported slowly falling in love. It’s always been love at first sight.”

    “But you could be the first!” Kokona insists. “You never know!”

    “Why are you, no...How are you not freaking out about the fact that I have no emotions?”

    “Because you clearly do! You care about having friends. You said that you feel bored, annoyed, and content! That’s something! And you’re searching for love! I won’t judge you for being forced to have less emotions than most people. You’re my friend.”

    Ayano smiles reflexively and nods. “And you’re mine.”

    Kokona beams. “See? Now, while I still think you and Osano have a future together, and I’m realizing how you’re playing a role that’s basically you but different on the love aspect, I think we should talk about something a bit less serious.”

    Ayano grimaces. “About that...I was hoping you could tell me why your phone call upset you earlier?”

    Kokona sighs. “You noticed?”

    “I’ve spent my whole life faking emotions. I’m a bit of an expert on the subject.”

    “Alright. I suppose it’s fair. Plus, I trust you not to tell.” Kokona grabs onto Ayano’s pillow and hugs it. “When my mom died, my dad had to get a loan to keep me at Akademi. It turns out he borrowed from some really shady people. Every ten days, they up the amount he owes. He’s constantly working, but he can never pay it off. I try to help, but the only ways to make money fast are...gross. I..I allow guys to take me out on dates, and they pay me a lot of money for that. Nothing more, I swear! I do it so I can give my dad the money, but it’s never enough. One guy...he called today and asked me for more. I declined, and I think I just lost a client.”

    Kokona begins to tear up and shoves her face into the pillow. Ayano feels something , but isn’t sure what the feeling is. It’s too small to pinpoint, so Ayano lets it go.

    “What’s the name of the loan company?”

    “Ronshaku Loans, I think.”

    Ayano blinks at that. “Kokona, I might be able to help you.”

    Kokona stares openly at Ayano. “Ayano, there’s nothing you can do. I can’t ask you to do what I’m doing, and there’s nothing else to do.”

    Ayano just smiles. “Trust me.”

    Kokona gives a weak smile in return. “I do, but...thank you for listening, at least. It helped. Now can we do something else? I really...don’t want to focus on that.”

    “Of course.”

    The rest of the night is spent talking about Kokona, and how she very clearly has a thing for Riku Soma.

Note:
One week of school has passed! I plan to write a Saturday interaction, but I hope you all are ready for the next rival to be introduced!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

83.6K 1.5K 33
You are a normal 17 year old girl going to Akademi High School. There is something odd about that school though but best to ignore it or not. Take an...
3.4K 52 14
Ayano has been stalking Taro Yamada for years. It's currently junior year, and she plans on confessing to him. But what happens when a new girl shows...
55K 1.2K 26
A Yan Sim fanfiction. (Spelling errors because Autocorrect hates me.) Credits to Yandere dev, I own nothing. Feel free to give me suggestions and con...
7.1K 345 15
The Aishi family was quite the group of people to fear. Their famous lineage of all daughters rose suspicion, what were the odds of a single generati...