The boy in the back

By fanofstoryyy

When a teen boy moves to a new schools, with deep trauma and bad anxiety, he meets a girl, who somehow, light... More

characters/ TW warnings (please read)
Chapter 1: Highlighter
Chapter 2: Ball
Chapter 3: Look
Chapter 4: I'm a single dad who is addicted to cool math games
Chapter 5: Voice
Chapter 7: Ballerina
Chapter 8: Cafeteria
Chapter 9: Sister
Chapter 10: Trust me
Chapter 11: Muffin
Chapter 12: Polar bear
Chapter 13: Cry
Chapter 14: Tension
Chapter 15: Glasses
Chapter 16: I like you
Chapter 17: Okay
Chapter 18: Spooky Pookie
Chapter 19: Wrong
Chapter 20: Truth
Chapter 21: Proud
Chapter 22: Bully
Chapter 23: Lake lovers
Chapter 24: New best friend
Chapter 25: Hurt
Chapter 26: I don't need you
Chapter 27: Night
Chapter 28: Snap
Chapter 29: Come
Chapter 30: Okay, for real
Epilogue

Chapter 6: Calm

10.8K 269 60
By fanofstoryyy

All of us look between eachother, confused, unsure of what just happened.

"Did we make him mad?" Arlo bites his bottom lip.

I shake my head, "No, it's something else."

None of us know what to think or understand. Without any information, we have no idea how to help or what's going on.

"I'm gonna go find him." I speak before my brain thinks.

To my surprise everyone nods in agreement that i should go.

I slowly get up and i go down the halls.

I go to his locker, he isn't here. I wait for a boy to come out the bathroom and i ask if someone else is in there, no one else is.

I open the door to the classroom near Henry's locker and i freeze.

I see Henry curled up into a ball, his knees tight against his chest, his head against his knees as he sobs.

I slowly walk over.

He doesn't notice me, i don't even think he knows i'm here.

He bites his legs, trying not to make a noise and he tugs at his hair.

"Henry," I whisper.

He looks up at me as tears run down his cheeks and his entire body shakes as he sobs.

I sit down infront of him and i gently wipe his cheeks.

He flinches slightly before relaxing into my touch.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

He just sits and cries.

I don't know how to get him to calm down, i don't know what's made him this upset.

His eyes break from mine and he slowly looks out the window behind me.

I turn my head and i don't see anything but tree leaves.

I look back at him as he just stares out the window.

I wipe his cheeks and he sobs looking back at me.

"Shhhhh, you're okay."

"Please leave." Is all he says.

"I can't leave you alone like this."

"Yes, you can." He shakes his head his lip quivering.

"I'm not going anywhere, i'm right here."

He begins to blink slowly as he rests his head back against the wall, his breathes shallowing back to normal.

I just keep wiping every tear that falls. I let us sit in a calm silence, not like the school cafeteria.

I almost think he's calmed down, and nearly ready to talk.

But he quickly stands up and walks to the other side of the classroom away from me.

"Can you go, please?" His back faces me.

"Why do you want me to leave?"

"You can't see me this way."

"Henry, i'm not going anywhere, i'm going to stay here and help as best as i can."

"Why?"

"Because you're my friend, and i want you to be okay."

"Why do you want to be friends with me?" He breathes out, "Is it because you want to have s-." He quickly goes quiet.

"Because you're kind and sweet, and i want to get to know you and become your friend." I answer.

My phone vibrates and i pull it out seeing a message from Arlo.

Arlo: Did you find him?

Me: Yes

I look up and see Henry staring at me, "Don't tell anyone, please, please." He covers his face with his hands.

I put my phone away and walk over.

I pull down his his hands and i slowly wrap myself around him. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close.

He freezes and it takes him a moment before he sinks against me too. His head falls against my shoulder and his arms hold my waist.

"You're okay, it's going to be okay."

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"There's nothing wrong with you."

"You don't even know me, Nellie. Why do you care?"

"How can i not care?"

He shakes and quivers as his body jolts against mine. I hold him tighter.

I can't let him go.

His hand slowly tangled up in my hair as he softly rubs it, slowly taking deep breathes.

"That's it, you're doing so well." I whisper.

The bell rings for class which begins to make him panic again.

"Hey shhh, we can go, let's go." I pull away and nod.

"G-go where?"

"I wanna show you somewhere."

"W-where?"

"An escape."

That intrigues him enough.

"Let's just go, okay?" I ask.

He nods.

I wrap his hand in mine, his eyes flicker down and i love the way he blushes.

I smile and lead him out the classroom and out of school.

We begin walking down the streets of town, hands still locked, in a comfortable silence.

The sky is grey and it looks like it might rain. But that's okay.

Rain makes it magical. Rain washes away the problems.

I smile as we begin to get closer to the forest.

"Why are you so nice to me?" Henry says from beside me.

"It's bare minimum, Henry. It's not hard to be nice."

He looks at me and his eyes blow up with fireworks, every bad thought, every bad memory of today washing away.

We cross the road where there is a bunch of tall green trees.

I move around them and weave my way between cracks, pulling Henry alone with me too.

I've never taken anyone here. I don't even know if anyone knows it's here.

"Where are we going?" He giggles.

I push open a bush which reveals a huge open area of grass, all secluded by the trees, it's like our own private oval.

There's a lake here too, a small one. But it's beautiful.

It begins to rain and the water droplets thump onto our heads.

I turn around to Henry with a smile and he looks at me with a new type of look i haven't seen before.

I grab his hand and run us out into the rain onto the oval.

All i can hear is Henry's laugh, all i can feel is his hand in mine, all i can see is his smile and eyes, all i can smell is his cologne and the freshness in the air.

I tangle myself in Henry. Wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head against his chest.

"It's gonna be okay." I brush his wet hair, "I promise."

"Thank you."

"Of course."

I hold him tightly. I want him to know i'm here.

Sure, we only just met.

But i think he's going to be a big part of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474 29 10
Joey just transferred to a new school despite being in final year,he meets and old friend who was bad news, and it caused his love and home life to t...
Inseparable By Sky

Teen Fiction

860 50 33
[Completed] Tyler finds love difficult for him. He has never been in Love at all. He always wondered what it would feel like to be loved by someone...
242 0 38
A teenage boy moves to a new city and struggles to adjust. He falls in love with a girl at his new highschool, but encounters many obstacles along th...
395 2 30
A boy has moved to a new school changing his life and meeting someone amazing who is his comfort And best friend (girlfriend). Discovering a differen...