Shades

Od authorsommy

"He has no fucking right to fucking touch you!" "You can't tell me who I can and cannot hang out with" He fin... Více

Blue
is not
just a feeling
of sadness.
Everything
is deserving
of a
second chance.
Life
is tough
but
so are you.
The strongest
hearts
have
the most
scars.
There is
always
more
to people
than
they
Hear
the hell
in

let on.

13 4 0
Od authorsommy

Kate rolled from side to side on the bed. Her bed was softer than she remembered. The last time she woke up on a strange bed was when...

Her eyes opened and she took in the look of her environment. The walls were white. Was this heaven? Or worse, was she still at the gym?

She sat up, remembering what went down last night. She was greeted with her reflection in a full-length mirror, ruffled crazy hair and saggy-bag eyes.

She sighed. Crying to sleep was never good. And crying in front of Damien was even worse. She wondered what he would think of her now. But first, she needed to find out where she was because it wasn't the frat house.

She stood up from the bed. Thankfully she was still in her clothes but her bra was gone.

The room was mostly bare. There was only a big bed, a flat-screen TV on the wall, and two small black leather couches. Overall, the room looked like it had never been used.

Kate ignored the pretty room and went out the door. It was morning but the hallway was a bit dark. There were only a few lights that illuminated the place as she walked. If she didn't know much, she would have said she was in Damien's place, but Damien lived in the frat house.

As she walked around, she soon found herself in a kitchen. A kitchen with a shirtless Damien by the stove. His tattoos looked even better in the light, a bit like a second skin because they blended well with his body.  It must be a long time since he got them.
Damien turned, feeling her presence. He gave her a full glance before facing the stove again.

Okayyy, so they still weren't on speaking terms.

Or was it because of what happened last night? Kate sighed. Of all times to go down that horrible memory lane, it had to be with this guy.

"Coffee?" His voice interrupted her.

She nodded, but seeing that he was still facing the stove and his back was turned to her, she voiced out, "Yes"

Damien poured coffee into two cups and handed her one.

She sighed in satisfaction at the smell before sipping.

"Where is this?"

"My apartment"

If coffee was still in her mouth, she would have spat it out. She took another look around. The kitchen was twice her and Noelle's and fully furnished too. It even had a granite counter.

He lived here!?

"I thought you stayed at the frat house"

Damien turned to her. He looked annoyed that she was trying to make conversation with him.

Like she cared.

"I do" he answered.

She waited for more but he didn't say anything else.

Not weird at all.

He placed a plate of eggs and bacon before her. She looked around for his plate but there was none.

"I have an early practice with coach," he said, answering her unspoken question. "I'm going to leave now so lock up when you're done"

Her mouth hung open. Was he seriously going to leave her alone in his apartment? Before she could say anything, he walked to the path she came from.

She ate her food silently as she waited for him. The eggs weren't that bad and the bacon was well sizzled. Who knew he could cook?

Damien came out a few moments later dressed up and with his gym bag on his shoulder. He didn't say a word to her as he walked to the door.

What the hell?

"Wait"

He stopped but didn't turn.

"H- how would you get your keys back?"

That wasn't exactly what she wanted to ask.

"You can give it to Parker. I'll get it at the party" he said and left.

Yeeeeshhh.

***

Noelle couldn't stop talking as she drove them to school.

"Oh my god, he has tattoos?!" She shrieked.

"Yes, Elle."

It was the third time she had asked.

"And he took you to his apartment? How sweet"

She gave Noelle a weird look before sighing and looking out the window.

"He only feels sorry for me"

Noelle didn't say anything and waited for her to continue.

"I had an episode last night"

"An episode?"

And so Kate told her best friend everything. She didn't want to. The last thing she wanted was to bother Noelle with her problems. But she needed someone to talk to. Especially now that the fear was back.

"Did you say he tried to hit you?" Noelle asked when she was done explaining. She looked like an angry mother as she focused on the road.

Was that the only thing she heard?

"I think he just wanted to scare me to leave."

"Are you defending him, Kat?"

"I'm not."

She really wasn't. She knew how judging him that last time had gone. She wasn't ready to go down that lane again. Plus, he had taken her to his house and made her breakfast. No person who was trying to hurt you would do that, right?

"Give me his keys, Kat," Noelle said when they got to the library since Kate had a shift that afternoon.

"And then have you throw it out the window, no thanks"

"You know me so well" Noelle smirked. "But seriously though, what kind of asshole is he?"

"He didn't try to hit me" she groaned.

"You should follow me to the party tonight and then we can both give him a piece of my mind"

Kate remembered Damien talking about a party. She was sure it was the same one Noelle was talking about.

"What's the party about?" She asked instead.

"I don't know. Guys just like to throw parties for no reason" Noelle shrugged.

Kate bid her goodbye and went for her shift. The last thing she wanted was to be at another party.

***

The party was at the frat house again. Of course, she had attended, Noelle wouldn't give her breathing space until she agreed to. Kate had a smile on as she walked through the front doors. She was so happy to be here again.

Cue the sarcasm.

"Let's get you a drink before you run into Damien" Noelle called over the loud music.

Kate felt like the music was louder than the last time. And there were even more people. Everybody was having a blast, playing games and making out. She was only here to return a key. Parker didn't show up at school so she was just going to give him Damien's keys and leave before Noelle got to her.

"I'm not here to get drunk," she said to Noelle but it was either she didn't hear or just chose to ignore her.

Noelle pulled her to the kitchen. Kate hated this. She would surely get drunk now with this girl with her.

Minutes later, Noelle was cheering loudly as she scored another ball in the cup. She took a shot and yelled out happily.

Kate shook her head at her. She wasn't as drunk as Noelle but her head was already starting to spin. She spotted Parker and quietly left the crowd to him.

"Hi, Par"

"Kate? I didn't know you'd be here"

She nodded. She hadn't seen him since he came back from his game. They had a lot of catching up to do.

"Damien said something about you"

"He did?"

The same Damien that ignored her all morning while she was at his place?

"Yeah but I can't remember what"

Oh good, Parker was dead drunk too.

"Where is he?" She yelled. The music just went up a notch. How were the neighbors not complaining?

"The usual spot"

Kate nodded and walked to the back of the house. She stopped when she had only walked a few steps. She should've just given Parker the keys. She turned back but Parker was nowhere in sight.  Shrugging, she continued to the backyard.

Kate didn't have to look around much for Damien. You could notice him even if he was two blocks away because he was the only one wearing shades.

Dammit, this guy.

She was about to make her way to him but stopped on seeing the redhead in her usual shorts and a bra.

Brianna gave a flirty smile as she walked to Damien. She sat in his lap without warning, facing him, and slowly she removed his shades. Damien's dark blue orbs were focused on her as he stares at her. And then, she started to kiss him.

Again,?!

The kiss skyrocketed quickly as she pulled herself closer to him.

Kate didn't know whether she was angry or disgusted. Here was someone who had been ignoring her because she called him a man-whore. And now, he was proving that he wasn't just a man whore, but a public one at that. Brianna glanced at her while still kissing him and she smiled. Her smile said only one thing;

Take it in, Kate!

That bitch! Without thinking, Kate rushed towards them and pushed Brianna off Damien. There were only a few people around—mostly the basketball guys and a few girls—and they all turned at the violence.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.3K 162 16
⚠️cussing, violence, sexual references NOT FOR BECKY⚠️ Damien Lavey, a violent, arson loving demon. He had many friends and was rather popular for...
3.6M 112K 31
Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my locker, so I quickly went to get it. I was...
150K 4.4K 42
She knew his identity. He didn't know hers. She just wanted to have him around. He didn't. She knew they could not be together. He didn't. She didn't...
6.6M 185K 44
Published by Blvnp Incorporated This book is a sample and only has the first five chapters available. You have been warned. *** #2 in Falling For A...