The Book of Random Stuff!

By ShyArtisticPerson

Well hello one and all!!! Welcome to the 'Book of Random Stuff'!! Here! We have lots of unique things! Such a... More

WELCOME!
Rules and Requests!!
Ocs In a Coffee Shop (Oc Story)
Drowning- An Octonauts One-shot
He Didn't Come...- A Cuphead One-shot
Some Fan-art of Mangy!
Can We Make Up? - A Nickloon One-Shot
Let Me Help You - A Fireafy One-Shot
Missing Them Greatly
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT -A I.I Crack-Shot
We're Done... -A PayJay One-Shot
Comforts...- A Fnaf One Shot
Comforting The Heckler -A Comdey Gold Oneshot
MORE FAN ART OF MANGY!!!!
Headcanon Request!!
My Little Leaf- A Leafcil One-Shot
OH MAH GAWD! THEY KILLED KENNY! - A South Park Crack Shot
Headcanon #1! Mangy
M@nGy'S s1Bl!nGs 1nF0
Silent Comfort- A Pickloon One- Shot
Still Friends...- A Paintloon Friendship One-Shot
I Love You...- A Fanloon One-Shot
MORE FAN ART OF MANGY!
Trip Gone Wrong- An I.I Fanfic
[ERROR] [TITLE NOT FOUND]
Late Night Comfort- A Cheeseloon One Shot
0lD m3m0r13$
The Escape To A New Life
Comfort After Fights- A Cheeseloon One-Shot
We Love You- A Cabcaseco One-Shot
[ERROR] [HOTEL OJ]
Sick Days- A Cheeseloon One-Shot
The Pets
A New AU Idea
In The Cold, Comes The Warmth -Cheeseloon one-shot
Not Okay.....
I Love Your Jokes- Cheeseloon
Help In Need- PLATONIC Mephone x Balloon
Ummmmmm
Just Something

Blind Challenge- A Blind! Balloon AU

130 4 11
By ShyArtisticPerson

*static*

*static end*

Hey!

Glitch here with the final of Mangy's Google one-shots!

This one is the better of them!!!

Why? CAUSE NOBODY IS DYING OR CLOSE TO BEING DEAD THIS TIME!!!

Fandom: Inanimate Insanity

Story: It's time for the next challenge in I.I! But this proves more difficult for Balloon...

AU?: Blind! Balloon AU

Type: Angst/Fluff

Ships?: None

Characters: Balloon

Characters Mentioned: Mephone, OJ, Pickle, Salt, Pepper, Knife

Pronouns Used: He/Him- Balloon, OJ, Mephone, Knife, Pickle
She/Her- Salt, Pepper

Extra?: Um. None.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*No P.O.V*

It was an ordinary day. Everybody was getting ready for the next challenge on I.I.. Mephone had announced a new challenge, which was a slingshot challenge.

The goal? To get all your teammates across a cavern using nothing but a slingshot, that was probably stolen from a group of birds. Pretty simple right?

Moving on. Everyone was getting ready for the challenge. Everyone but Balloon. You see, he was sitting near a tree away from the others.

Why? Well, he didn't know they had a meeting for the new episode. Nobody had informed him about it. So he was just sitting there, feeling the cool breeze on his skin.

He sat staring into the nothingness. I hear you, nothingness? He's looking at the sky right? Nope. The reason? He was born blind.

Balloon was just there, staring at what people assumed was the horizon, but really. He was just sitting there like a lost puppy.

He heard footsteps coming closer to him. From the sounds of it, it was more than likely Mephone, the host.

"Hey Balloon.", spoke a voice.

"Oh. Hey Mephone!", Balloon greeted.

"You missed the meeting for the new challenge.", Mephone said.

"I did? Nobody told me.", Balloon said, a little upset.

"I thought so. Anyways. The next challenge is a slingshot.", Mephone explained.

"A slingshot challenge? Sounds kinda hard...", Balloon said.

"Don't worry. I won't let you participate if you don't want to.", Mephone said sympathetically.

"Is it because I'm blind?", Balloon asked.

"Well. Kinda. Yea. You won't be able to angle yourself properly.", Mephone said.

"I guess.. But can I still try?", Balloon asked.

"Um... Sure! Just... Be careful okay bud?", Mephone said.

"I will! Are we starting now?", Balloon said.

"Yep. I just came here to get you.", Mephone explained.

"Oh okay!", Balloon said.

"Let's go then.", Mephone said.

Balloon nodded and got up from his spot. Mephone grabbed onto Balloon's hand and led Balloon to the contented grounds.

Mephone announced his return with Balloon and everyone slightly groaned. Balloon didn't know why the others didn't like him.

Was it because he almost always sat out during challenges? Was it because he was treated differently than the others?

These thoughts plagued Balloon's mind, but did his best to seem okay. His team, Team Chicken-leg wawa waiting for their 'fearless leader'.

"There you are. Finally. What took you so long?", Pickle asked.

"S-sorry guys! Nobody told me we were starting the next challenge!", Balloon protested.

"So? You should've seen us getting together. Or at least heard us.", OJ barked.

"I-I... Sorry.", Balloon said defeated.

"Like, whatever. We just need help getting across.", Salt said.

"Okay! I-i'll try to help!", Balloon said.

"Cool. But we need someone to start us off.", Pickle said.

"How about Salt? She can be the tester!", Balloon suggested.

"What!? No way!", Salt protested.

"I agree. Salt should test it out.", OJ said.

"Ugh. Like, fine... I guess.", Salt said in defeat.

So Salt walked over to the slingshot and got in position. Since nobody wanted to 'throw' Salt across the cavern, Balloon opted to do it.

Balloon was rather nervous about this. He was blind, so he couldn't see where the edge of the cliff was. He just had to breathe and just trust his gut.

He aimed the slingshot, and let go moments after. Salt went hurling into the air and it looked like she could've made it! But, she didn't. She crashed right underneath the other end, and fell.

"No! Salty Salt!", Pepper then exclaimed.

"I'll save you!", she shouted after.

Pepper went diving head first into the gorge to 'save' Salt. The others facepalmed and groaned. Balloon, didn't see what happened, but judging by everyone's disappointing sighs..

"Salt missed.", Balloon said sadly.

"Yea. were you not looking idiot?", Pickle said.

"U-um...", Balloon started.

"Pepper jumped too then huh?", Balloon asked.

"Yes! How are you not paying attention!?", OJ asked angrily.

"U-um... I-i..", Balloon stammered.

Balloon was frightened, mainly cause he was being outed. He hated being put on the spot, cause it was a lot of pressure. And he can say a lot when stressed.

"I-i'll do it! I'll get launched!", Balloon shouted.

"You will?", Pickle asked.

"Yea! You can launch me across Pickle!", Balloon said.

"Well. Alright I guess.", Pickle said.

Balloon led himself, while stumbling a bit, to the front of the slingshot. He got himself into position as Pickle began to pull on the slingshot.

"Ready?", Pickle asked.

"Y-yea...", Balloon answered.

And with that, Balloon could feel himself being flung into the air. The breeze felt amazing, for just a little bit. He must've mis-judged the distance cause he felt something hard hit his body.

He screamed in pain and felt himself fall. He hit the ground rather hard and grunted in pain. He slowly sat up and felt around him to get an idea of his surroundings.

Mud and dirt was all he felt. Gross. He could hear small whispers around him. Must've been Salt and Pepper.

"Hey Balloon. You missed too huh?", Pepper noticed.

"Yea... Sorry for um.. Missing the target Salt.", Balloon apologized.

"Apology not accepted.", Salt grumbled.

Balloon frowned a bit, not that anyone saw since he was facing the wrong way. Balloon sighed and just waited for the challenge to be done with.

It felt like hours since he fell and Balloon grew more uncomfortable by the minute. He felt the walls of the gorge and noticed they were close, meaning he was in a tight space.

This made Balloon even more uncomfortable, as he had claustrophobia. Balloon, with this new knowledge, began to shake.

He needed to get out of there or he was going to panic. Suddenly, he heard a voice, but he couldn't make out who.

He felt himself being picked up and led somewhere. Balloon guessed he had already started to panic as he was pulled into a hug.

Balloon began to feel calmer and soon his breathing was normal. He hugged back this person and felt safe.

"Are you okay, Balloon?", a familiar voice asked.

"Y-yea... I-i'm okay.", Balloon squeaked out.

"Thank goodness you are! You made me worried!", Mephone said.

"Y-you were right... I should've just sat out this time..", Balloon mumbled.

"Aw bud. It's okay. You just wanted to be a good team leader, that's all. I'm not mad at ya.", Mephone said.

"Y-your not?", Balloon asked shocked.

"Yea. I could never get mad at you! You're too sweet to be mad at!", Mephone exclaimed.

"Heh... thanks Mephone. I needed that.", Balloon thanked.

"You're welcome. Oh by the way. Team Chicken-leg is safe. So you're good to relax.", Mephone said.

"We won? Awesome!", Balloon shouted in glee.

"Hehe. Well. We're done for today. See ya.", Mephone said.

"Bye! Can we hangout later?", Balloon asked.

"Sure! After I finish some business stuff, okay?", Mephone explained.

"Okay! See ya!", Balloon said happily.

"See ya.", Mephone said.

Mephone left and Balloon was left alone. It was peaceful, but he hated it as well. He knew he was being talked about, he could feel it.

He decided to get up and walk around a bit. There were special markings on the floor so Balloon could guide himself anywhere without the need of a cane.

Balloon never liked having a cane, or anything to help him navigate. It made him feel dependent and needy of things. Yes they helped, but Balloon wanted to live normally as he can.

When Mephone gathered contestants for the show, he had a sort of interview with each of them. When he interviewed Balloon, he knew that Balloon was going to need help navigating the areas.

So, Mephone made some special indications on the ground that only Balloon will notice. Balloon was grateful for Mephone and being so kind to him.

Mephone was the only one in the show who knew of Balloon's blindness. Balloon was too afraid of telling the others of his blindness, believing they would hate him.

Mephone was also Balloon's first ever friend he had. So Mephone was special to Balloon, because Mephone was there for him when things got tough.

Balloon soon made his way to the contestant grounds and heard chatter. He smiled, he may not be able to see, but hearing the noises, made them feel like he belonged.

Yea, he felt like he was hated. But it still felt like it was some full atmosphere where he was accepted. It was amazing to him.

Suddenly, he felt weight and fell. Somebody had bumped into him.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!", yelled a scratchy voice.

"O-oh! S-sorry Knife!", Balloon apologized.

"Oh whatever! You're lucky I'm tired. Otherwise I would pound you!", Knife threatened.

"Eep! I-i'm sorry!", Balloon apologized again.

"Whatever you pip squeak.", Knife muttered.

Knife shoved by Balloon once again leaving Balloon standing alone. He rubbed the part of his shoulder where Knife shoved him and winced. He sure felt strong.

Balloon sighed and walked a bit. He didn't know who to talk to, or if anybody wanted to talk to him. Realizing this, he suddenly felt very alone.

Insecurities and hate crept up on Balloon as he continued to just walk. He hung his head low as he continued his walk.

" *sigh* Maybe signing up for this show was a bad idea... I can't even compete normally because of my blindness...", Ballon muttered.

He managed to find his way to some sort of lake. Feeling calm, he sits down near a tree and relaxed. The calming sound of the water made Balloon feel at ease.

Sometimes, Balloon wished he could see. So he could finally see the world in all its beauty. 

.

.

.

*END*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ey!

This one was actually kinda cute!

Also, this is also in correlation with Mangy's Blind! Balloon AU she had.

Again, maybe in the near future, you could see that particular book after 'The Silence Of A Person'~...

That is.... if you vote for it~!

I'll start working on actual suggested one-shots/headcanons later!!

Sorry for not doing them by the way!!

Lack of motivation does that to you!

Especially after looking for kids!!

I'll see you tomorrow!!!

*static*

*static end*

-Glitch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 1K 38
(Heavy Description Overhaul!) !Please Read! Hello, welcome to my oneshot book, if you find this in random tags that may be confusing to a certain fan...
551K 10.2K 200
This book is completed but that doesn't mean you shouldn't read, here's a list of what I have: Oneshots Preferences Headcanons I also have a few on...
46.9K 2.2K 70
Banana bus squad fanfic Ships include: Terrorsnuckle Minicat Daithidecalibre Ohmtoonz H2Ovanoss BasicallyIDoScotty Warnings Assault, weapons, flu...
27.7K 330 13
If you're here, it might be because you came from my other book; the Draco version of this. And I'm hyper fixated on Mattheo right now and need to ge...