Saajnaa - A FarMeed Fic

By enigmaticallyinsane

Its been 2 years since they last saw each other. 2 years since Umeed Pasha had barged into his monotonous lif... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20

Part 11

1.3K 83 103
By enigmaticallyinsane

An early update because I felt bad for leaving you guys hanging!😂💕

***

"Look at me, Umeed"

His voice was barely a whisper, creating a havoc in her system as she looked up at met his gaze filled with anguish and desperation, pulling her into their depths as she felt herself loosing control on her senses once again.

"Bolo Umeed. Kya mein waqai tumhara kuch nahi lagta?"

His voice had reduced to a low, desperate whisper as if he'd had enough and now wanted answers.

"F-Farjaad, leave me!" Umeed was trying her best to not loose her senses as she struggled in his arms, "What are you doing?!"

"I am demanding answers which are long overdue, Umeed Pasha" he answered in gruff voice, his eyes fixed on her face while she looked everywhere but him.

"I don't have time for this nonsense!" She kept struggling but his grip was firm, not hurting her but still holding her in place.

"Bas karo Umeed!" He jerked and pulled her closer, close enough to shut her up and make her look at him.

Silence fell as their eyes met. She stopped struggling and gulped as she saw the intensity in his eyes, holding her captive, making her unable to look away. For a moment, they just listened to each others' heartbeats which were picking up pace due to the proximity, breathing heavily. The effect was still there, both of them were equally affected by the closeness. And as much as Umeed denied, this man still had the power to ruin her. She was stil trying to stay in her senses because she knew once she loses herself, she'll loose it completely.

"Farjaad, please don't make it harder than it already is" she implored, her voice becoming barely a whisper.

"I am making it hard?! I'm not the one denying the truth, Umeed. I'm not the one who is hell bent on proving here that we are strangers, when you know its not the truth" he answered, looking right into her eyes.

"Kya itne ajnabee ho gaye hain hum?" His tone softened as he continued to question her while Umeed was trying her best to hold herself strong but the proximity they were in with his grip on her arms and his scent taking over her senses was making it extremely difficult for her.

"Tum kyun mujhe aise dekhti ho jaise hamare beech kabhi kuch tha hi nahi?"'

He dipped his head a little, his whispers now falling directly on ber ears, eliciting goosebumps on her flesh. She closed her eyes as she felt him nuzzling below her ear. He breathed in her scent, his lips barely touching her neck, his eyes shutting close as her scent filled his senses.

Umeed let out a gasp as she felt his lips touch her bare skin, her fingers forming a fist, gripping his collar as she felt him drop a kiss there. His hand around her waist tightened and he pulled her closer if it was possible. Lifting his head, he looked at her, his eyes hooded with passion. Moving closer, he dropped featherlight kisses on her closed eyes, their noses touching.

His questions were forgotten, his doubts abandoned. All he cared about right now that she was in his arms and all he wanted was to keep her here forever.

Suddenly, his phone rang, breaking their trance. Umeed was jolted back to reality as the shrill sound broke their moment, while Farjaad, on the other hand could care less. Angry at herself for loosing control, she pushed Farjaad away with all her might and

"ENOUGH!" She thundered

"Stay away from me!" She threatened.

"Ainda agar aapne aisi koi harkat ki tou mein bhool jaungi ke hamara koi taluq bhi tha" she said, pointing a finger at him, her eyes red with anger.

"Chalo kam se kam tumne mana tou ke hamara koi taluq tha" Farjaad replied back as came out of his euphoria.

"Bas karein! Aap saabit kia karna chaahte hain?" He was really testing her patience and she could feel herself boiling.

"Saabit nahi kar raha. Bas yaad dila raha hun" His calm response only made her angrier.

"Koi zaroorat nahi hai kuch bhi karne ki! Now listen to me carefully!" She gritted her teeth, "Hamara koi taluq NAHI hai. Until this event is over, you will not do anything like this ever again-"

"And after that?" He asked, biting his lip

"After that you will leave from here!" She slammed her hand on the table.

"Aisa tumhe lagta hai" was his cool reply.

Their was no way he was leaving without having a proper conversation where she is ready to talk about everything.

Umeed ignored his retort and took a deep breath. "We are proffessionals and we will behave like one till the end of the event. Yeh bas majboori hai ke mujhe aap ke saath kaam karna parr raha hai warna mere bas mein hota tou mein aap ke aas paas bhi na hoti. Ab kuch bhi pehle jaisa nahi hai, Mr. Farjaad Kham Bahadur, aur na hi kabhi ho sakta hai! Aap mere KUCH NAHI lagte. Hamara koi taluq nahi hai, hamare beech kuch nahi hain. Hum mehez ajnabee hain aur...yehi hakeekat hai"

If she said this to hurt him, she was successful. Farjaad felt someone stabbed him right through his heart because it wasn't the words she was speaking, it was the conviction flaring in her eyes when she uttered those words, without looking away even once.

She really didn't care.

There was actually nothing left to salvage between them.

Taking another deep breath, she looked away not able to see the hurt in his eyes while he just stood there, his arms crossed against his chest, trying to hold himself together. He looked at her like he didn't even know who she was anymore. Shaking her head, she turned around, heading towards the door.

"You're right" his voice stopped her in her tracks, just as she opened the door.

"Pehle jaise kuch bhi nahi raha...tum bhi nahi"

Umeed let out a sad smile at his words, blinking back the mist that was forming in her eyes at his implication of how she had changed.

"Waqt, halaat aur log insaan ko badalne pe majboor kar dete hain"

She turned her head sideways to answer him and heard him scoff.

"Waade se mukarne ko badlao nahi, bewafai kehte hain"

Her heart stopped as she registered his words and closed her eyes, picking up at what he was reffering to as she heard him walk towards her slowly, coming to stand right beside her, his hand coming up to grip the door she was clinged to, practically caging her.

"You've forgotten it, I guess. But I haven't
Ek waada kiya tha tumne shayad"

He spoke near her ear, his words and voice sending goosebumps throughout her body. She opened her eyes once she heard him give a sadistic chuckle.

"Come on, go ahead and deny it as well" he challenged, "Bol do ke kuch yaad nahi hai. Sab kuch tou waise hi bhula chuki ho tum, so it won't be a surprise. Lekin Ms. Umeed Pasha..."

He took another step before saying, "...mujhe sab yaad hai. I remember everything clearly"

"And you'll remember it as well. Yeh mera waada hai"

Saying so, he backed off, releasing her as she rushed out, without looking back.

***

"Narazgi dur ho gayi aapki?"

Farjaad asked with his classic smirk and mischevious eyes as he saw the love of his life relishing her chai, looking up at his question.

"Han lekin kia faida. Aap ne phir naraaz kar dena hai" Umeed rolled her eyes, sipping her chai making him chuckle.

"Tou phir mana lenge" Farjaad winked at her. They were sitting at Umeed's favourite cafe after Farjaad had spent an entire day with her, leaving all his office stuff, to cheer her up since they had a fight. He hardly remembered who was at fault but stepped up first and apologized because he was missing her too much, realizing that his workaholic nature was messing with his love life.

"Zahir hai. Mein tou muft mein mil gayi hun na aapko, qadar hi nahi hai" Umeed poked her tongue out while he smiled and shook his head at her complaints.

"Itni shikayatein hai tumhe mujhse?" He genuinely asked, wanting to shoo away all her objections.

"Jee. Aapki harkatein hi aisi hain" She replied, not noticing the flash of hurt in his eyes at her words.

"Umeed tumhe pata hai mere paas waqt nahi hota. I still try to balance..." He tried to explain.

"Han aap ke paas mere liye time kahan hota hai. Reena ke saath jo masroof rehte hain" She said bitterly, making a face. Reena and him were apparently on some joint venture, good for their businesses, which ticked Umeed off.

"Umeed tum tou usko le ke mere peeche hi parr gyi ho" He spoke, annoyed. He remember sitting down and cajoling her for 2 hours after she had created a scene when she learnt this. She apparently didn't like Reena, which was fine because he didn't like her either but he was keeping things proffessional.

"Mein peeche parrti hun? Woh peeche parrti hai aapke!" She frowned. He found her jealous streak adorable but she was stretching this matter.

"Haan lekin mein tou bas tumhare peeche parta hun na" He tried to flirt.

"Rehne dein aap tou! Usse tou kuch kehte nahi hain" She rolled her eyes.

"Bas kar do yaar, tumhe kia larrne ki aadat ho gayi hai?" He asked, exasperated now. All he wanted was to spend some quality time with his fiance, pampering her but she was making things difficult for her.

"Accha chalo choro, apna mood kyun kharab kar rahi ho" He moved forward and grabbed her hand in his, making a cute face and she pouted, letting the matter go.

"Accha chalo tumne shaadi ki shopping kahan se karni hai?" He asked and she excitedly started talking. And like that, another conflict was avoided yet it stayed in the back of their minds. While talking animatedly, Umeed hit the mug placed on the table, spilling the leftover tea all over the table.

"Kia karti ho Umeed" Farjaad rolled his eyes, massaging his forehead, her antics not new to him.

"Oops galti se girr gaya" she chuckled.

"Ek baat batao, yeh saari galtiyan tumse hi kyun hoti hain?" He asked, amused.

"Pata nahi, galtiyon ko mein bohot pasand hun shayad" she cackled.

"Uff Umeed! Tumhara kuch nahi ho sakta, kabhi tou serious ho jaya karo" He shook his head.

"Jiss din ho gayi na serious, aap yaad karenge phir" she jabbed.

Yaad karenge phir.

Her words echoed in his head and he closed his eyes. Standing against the window in his room , he crossed his arms and leaned against it, reminiscing their time together. Time when they were planning a life together. Time when they were happy together.

What had they come to?

And where did they go wrong?

As hard as Farjaad tried to think, he couldn't exactly pinpoint what exactly broke them and pushed them away so far from each other that them together seemed next to impossible right now.

Umeed had changed, so much that she was unrecognizable. She wasn't the same person she used to be. She wasn't the sunshine she used to be. She wasn't the one who taught him to smile and live his life.

She wasn't his Umeed anymore.

And it was because of him.

Guilt ate him up as he recalled how bitter she had become. Her words today hurt him but forced him to think that probably the reason was he himself.

Maybe he could've handled their relationship better. He should've let those things go, of which he made such huge issues. He shouldn't have repeatedly asked her to change, now that it had come to bite him back.

They both weren't the same people they used to be and he didn't know where they'll go from here.

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard a knock on his door, revealing Aziz Uncle.

"Farjaad, beta. Ajao, dinner is ready" He informed him.

"Jee uncle, aata hun" he responded. Aziz noticed his expressions.

"Beta, tum theek ho?" He asked in concern.

I don't know.

"Jee Uncle, I'm fine" He spoke with a smile, convincing enough to which Aziz smiled and left as Farjaad followed him downstairs.

***

"I heard there was a problem at centre today"

Both of them stopped eating midway as they heard Aziz speak up. The 4 of them were settled at the dinner table when Aziz brought up the issue he heard happened at the centre.

"It was handled" Both of them spoke at the same time and then glanced at each other before looking away awkwardly.

"And how was it handled?" He asked, wanting to know the complete story.

"I had to pay them extra" Farjaad answered in a low voice, "Magar masla hal ho gaya tha, Uncle. Aap pareshan na hon" He tried to placate him.

"Which was totally not needed though" Umeed couldn't help but throw a jab, making him roll his eyes.

"Nahi beta tumne theek kiya" Aziz told Farjaad, making Umeed look at him with wide eyes.

"Iss kism ke log baday ajeeb hotey hain, bachay. Tum akeli hoti ho tou aise logon se deal nahi kiya karo" Aziz tried to explain as he saw Umeed glaring at him.

"Mere saath poori team thi, Uncle" She tried to explain.

"Phir bhi beta, meine tou Akram Sahab se bhi baat ki hai. Zara security bhi tight karwayi hai, ainda dihan rakhna. Mein bhi nahi aaya tha aaj" He spoke in concern.

He was extremely worried for Umeed when he was informed what happened at the centre but calmed down once he heard Farjaad was present there. He didn't doubt Umeed and her capability of handling tough situations but he was still concerned about her.

"Jee uncle" she gritted her teeth, going back to eating her food.

"Chalo shukar hai aaj Farjaad wahin tha aaj. Usne handle kar lia" Salma spoke, also worried for Umeed.

"Haan beta, thank you" Aziz said, looking at him with gratitude.

"Aray Uncle, kyun sharminda kar rahe hain" Farjaad said with an embarrassed smile while Umeed threw a nasty glare at him.

Purani aadat hai inki. Mujhe bura bana ke khud acchay ban jaate hain.

"Acha chalein issi baat pe mujhe acchi si chai pilayein" Salma ordered her husband.

"Aray bhaie kabhi in boorhi haddiyon pe rehem bhi kiya karo" Aziz winked at her, making Farjaad and Umeed smile and adore them.

"Chalein Aunty, aaj mein aapko chai bana ke pilata hun" Farjaad offered.

"Waah bhaie, chai banani aati hai tumhe?" Salma was surprised to which he nodded.

Seekhi thi kissi ke liye.

He looked at Umeed but didn't voice his thoughts, knowing she won't take it well.

"Tumhe tou chai ka bilkul shauk nahi tha?" Aziz chuckled.

"Bas kissi ki wajah se aadat ho gayi thi. Ab ek dafa aadat ho jaye tou kahan jaati hai"

He spoke slowly, carefully choosing his words because he knew Umeed will catch up and he didn't want to offend her any further, his gaze turning beside him where Umeed was settled, maintaining her silence as she heard the entire conversation, seemingly unaffected. She gripped her spoon as she felt his eyes on her.

Suddenly, she got up, "I'm done"

Saying so, she began clearing the table, wanting to get away from there, leaving Salma and Aziz confused.

"Chalein aap log bethein, mein chai le ke aata hun" Farjaad spoke with a smile, trying to diffuse the situation as they got up and moved towards the lounge and Umeed dashed towards the kitchen.

He entered the kitchen to find her washing the dirty dishes. He quietly walked towards the stove and turned it on while filling up the pan with water and placed it over the stove.

The air was thick with tension and both of them silently did their work. Umeed was expecting him to say something, which he always had to when he found her alone, but was surprised when he silently moved around the kitchen. She noticed him look around for something as he kept opening and closing the cabinets.

Wiping her hands with a towel, she pulled open a drawer beside her and taking out the jar of chai patti, she placed it in front of him, making him look up at her in surprise.

"Thank you" he mumbled, picking up the jar and getting back to his work, making Umeed frown at his weird behaviour.

Farjaad was surprised at her gesture but chose to stay silent, her words from the afternoon still fresh in his mind, poking at his heart at regular intervals. He was mentally tired in gauging Umeed's mood and behaviour changes and hence, was practically walking on eggshells around her, still slightly hurt with her words.

Aroma filled the air as the tea boiled, making them glance at each other once again, at the same time as they were striked by another bout of memories.

Chai. Their love language.

Chai ke baghair zindagi niri sharmindagi.

Something she would say, making him laugh in adoration.

Countless memories of them and their chai. Just sitting together, basking in each others' presence with a cup of tea, telling each other about their day. Many times Farjaad would insist on sharing a single cup.

Jhoota peene se pyaar barhta hai.

He would say and Umeed would just laugh and smack him softly, hiding her blush. And it was physically painful for him to imagine that his Umeed, who practically lived on chai, didn't even look at it now.

Umeed looked away first, trying to distract herself by scrubbing the dish harder. Continuing on with their respective chores, they barely managed to sneak glances at each other. Even though Farjaad was trying his hardest to not look at her, he was failing miserably, and in doing so, he accidentally poured the scalding hot chai over his hand.

"Aah" he hissed as the liquid heat seeped into the scar on his palm, which he didn't bother covering after getting hurt from the paperweight he threw in anger after she had left his room in the afternoon.

Umeed was immediately alert at his painful hiss, leaving her dishes and without even wiping her hands, she was by his side and acting on her reflex, she took his hand in both of hers.

"Uff Allah! Dekh ke kaam nahi hota aapse?" She said, scolding him and turned his hand to see a laceration running across the length of his palm, looking up in question.

"Yeh chot kaise lagi?" She asked but didn't wait for an answer and started wiping off the liquid from his hand while he was just looking at her, astounded at her act. She was holding his hand, gently carressing it and blowing over it softly, making his heart flutter.

"Ek minute rukein" She said and without waiting for his response, pulled him with her as she walked to a drawer in the corner of the kitchen and pulled it open, taking out an ointment.

Farjaad was just staring at her, amazed yet confused. His confusion was a notch higher because her concern was clearly in contrast to what she had said to him this afternoon and her words rang again in his mind, making his mind turn into a muddled mess.

"Hamare beech kuch nahi bacha hai"

"Koi taluq nahi hai hamara"

"Aap mere KUCH NAHI lagte"

He harshly pulled out his hand from her grip as he recalled her words, making him look up in confusion as she tried putting ointment on his wound. Looking away, he clenched his jaw.

"Theek hun mein" he muttered.

"Ointment tou laga lein. Dard hoga-" she tried to persuade.

"Aadat hai mujhe" he rolled his eyes

"Farjaad lek-" Before she could say anything further, he turned towards her, making her gasp at the anguish in his eyes.

"Jab kuch nahi bacha hai...tou fikar karne ki zaroorat nahi hai"

He said and turning around, he walked out, leaving her standing there with the tube of ointment in her hand, staring at his retreating back in astonishment.

Ouch. So this is what it feels like.

***

Long and an early update! I love myself!😂

Hope you guys like this one!

I can't thank you people enough for the love you show to this little fic of mine! It means SO SOO MUCHHH. It just makes me nervous about not being able to meet your expectations🥺

Lots n lotsss of love to all💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 672 24
Enemies to Lovers🫶 But What if fire meets fire?? Another Farmeed plot with the same cast..
9K 460 22
Hii guys!! Fairy Tale 2 is already on air but here i will going to write a another story on my "FARMEED" which is totally opposite to the show but ch...
7.8K 341 4
[SEQUEL TO KASHISH] Murtasim Khan returns to the Khan Haveli upon completing his education after a period of four long years. Determined to follow hi...
11.3K 866 19
Farjaad Khan. Umeed Pasha. One knows how to organize substantial events, the other knows how to arrange a magnificent wedding. He knows capacity calc...