Tudor King

By Janebowdoe

Anne escaped and left her children with mary. She is in France. Francois has always been a knight and lady's... More

cast
Young child tears
Jealousy
fate
Divorce
France
war
God's justice
a child
Hostage
Revenge

Caged

251 4 2
By Janebowdoe

Anne stroked her plumped belly. Henry wasn't going to have her chained due to her state. Her children were safe away from her. Christiana's cries were fresh in her mind. Anne heard someone walk into the tent. Anne looked up, scoffing. "Why are you here? You want to see me begging at Henry's feet. Do you want to see me trying to seduce him," Anne said. "I don't know what I want. All I know is I have troubles on my back," Charles said. 

He didn't know why he was in the tent. He had nightmares of the three tortured men—their screams—the cutting of their flesh. "I was the one who told Henry you were having men in your apartments. I wanted you to be sent to a nunnery," Charles said, waiting for Anne to yell at him. 

Anne blinked her eyes. She shrugged. "He was going to get rid of me one way or the other," Anne said, no reaction out of her."I thought you were horrible. The cause of everything, but now I see it not, you or Cromwell," Henry could decide what to do. "The sight of you is making me sick," Anne said, hoping Charles would leave.

"The thought of Elizabeth makes you sick?" Charles asked slyly. "George, Geoffrey?" Charles added her other children. Anne's head snapped at the mention of her children."What of your children with Frances?" Charles asked. "I mean, they are the children of a rival king. We both know Henry wants to be remembered," Charles said, walking out the door. 

"Majesty," France looked up at the rider. "What?" Frances asked the Frenchmen. "King Henry has your family," the rider stuttered out. Frances looked at the Danish king. Henry had targeted Boulogne. Frances had thought  Henry would target Calas, but no. He targeted and seized Boulogne.

Henry Tudor walked into the tent where Anne was in. He could have her kill on those false chargers. Anne was staring into oblivion."Do you love him?" Henry asked, referring to Francis. He wanted Anne to say no. That her and Francis were a game to make him jealous. "Why do you care in your mind I'm whore," Anne said. "Just please, answer the question," Henry said, clenching his fingers. He was trying to keep his temper in check.

"I do love him," Anne said, meeting his eyes. Henry felt his heart snapping like an arrow."Would you give me a second chance?" Henry asked. Anne arched an eyebrow, staring at Henry like he was crazed. Was he stupid? She had been charged with trumped-up charges. Would he love him? "You killed my brother. I had to give birth to our children in a guarded tower," Anne yelled. "Are you insane?" Anne asked, screaming. "I love you," Henry said, sitting down. 

He tried to reach for one of Anne's hands. She pulled her hands out of his reach. "I did love you, Henry. And where did that love get me? A dead brother," Anne said, gazing at Henry. Henry avoided her gaze like a guilty child, avoiding punishment. "What's going to happen to my children?" Anne asked, referring to the children she shared with Francis.

Anne wanted to believe Henry wouldn't harm them. Then she remembered he sent his child cousin to the block. All because he couldn't get his hands on Reginald Pole. "That depends on," Henry said, pointing his hand to Anne. "Depends on what?" Anne asked, eyebrow arched. "Your behaver," Henry said.

Henry crouched over to Anne. He lifted his thumb, stroking Anne's face. Anne wanted to recoil from Henry's touch. Henry smiled at Anne. She was behaving. He lowered his head, going in for a kiss. Don't fight it, Anne. Anne closed her eyes as Henry kissed her. Anne felt Henry's tongue poking at her lips. Anne bit down on his tongue till she tasted blood. Henry backed away clutching his mouth, feeling his temper rising.

"You will prove half of Europe right about you if you dare harm my children. What happened to the valent sir loyal heart? I hope Elizabeth, Anne, or Celicy will never have to go through this," Anne said. Henry felt shivers run through him at the mention of their daughters. He would kill the man who tried this on them. He slowly backed away from Anne in a trance. He thought back to the time he was knighted. He had sworn to protect the maidens.

"I'm sorry. I should have taken no for an answer. Your children shall be treated like their station's demands," Henry said. Royal children had never been prisoners. "I want to see them," Anne said. Henry knew Anne would behave with her children as prisoners. 

Anne was led to the tent where her children were by Henry. Anne knew the moment. She tried to kill Henry. Her children would pay. The sweet taste in  Anne's mind of Henry's body didn't help either.

Anne's children ran to her the moment she saw them.

"Can I have a private moment with my children?" Anne asked. "The guards will be standing outside," Henry walked out.

Anne waited for the moment. She was alone with them. Anne crouched to their level, grabbing their hands. "You all going to go church with the governor and clam sanctuary with him. He will sneak you out of France with an envoy," Anne said.

"What about you mama?" Louise asked. "I will be fine," Anne lied. 

The guards walked back in. "Madam, the king requires your presence," One of the guards said. Anne followed the guard to a tent where Henry was. There was food on the table. "I want to dine with you," Henry said.

"Do I have the pleasure of having a choice?" Anne asked. Henry took a breath. "The moment. I learned the truth. I visited my father after I learned the truth about what happened to you.

 Flashback

Henry walked into the church where his parents were buried. He hadn't visited the tomb since he became king. He wanted a marriage like his parents. His father loved his mother so much. Death couldn't separate them. Henry adored his mother. 

She was the one who spent time with him. Her death had broken Henry's father and their tender relationship. He had locked himself and Henry away from the world. Elizabeth of York desperately wanted to give Henry's father another child after the death of Arthur.

"I did what you did to Elizabeth, George, and Geoffrey. I ruined myself in their eyes. My eldest can't have children. A part of me breaks for her, and another is glad because no one won't raise in her name. The woman I love is with another man," Henry said. "Arthur should live. He wouldn't made a mess of things like I did," Henry said.

Henry couldn't help but compare his parent's relationship with his. He had ordered  Anne's brother's execution. His father had ordered Perkin Warbeck, his mother's rumored brother's execution.

Flashback over

 "How's George and Geoffrey?" Anne asked. News had reached Anne and Francois of Thomas Seymour's Nursery's plot. The nursery plot was what people around Europe called it. "George and Geoffrey have come to learn about you. I went from Papa to Your Majesty," Henry said. "How is Elizabeth? I knew you sent her away," Anne said.

Henry could see pain in Anne's eyes. "She reminded me of you. Anne may bear your name, but she bears my eyes. I couldn't stand the sight of Elizabeth's judging eyes," Henry said. "Why did you summon me?"

"I sent for you because news of your capture has reached the people of Boulogne. They have started an unrest with my men. I need them to see the governor, and you are content," Henry said. The French peasant loved their queen when they found out the English held the queen and the royal children as hostages. They were causing an uproar. 

Anne let out a forced giggle, "I'm on bed rest with all this stress," Anne said. How can one be content as hostage of war? Sure, the Holy Roman Empoer's son was the French hostage. They treat him like his station demanded. Anne knocked her plate over, spilling the fish and meat over. "I won't eat with a blood leacher," Anne said. Anne turned to her guard,"Take me back to my tent, please?" The guard looked at his king. Henry nodded his head.

Henry had allowed her to see her children. Anne hugged her children. Charles Brandon watched the royals of France. The eldest held contempt for the English. Who could blame him? They had taken his lands and his mother away from him.

Henry cleared his throat. That was his dream with Anne: an heir and spares, plus plenty of children. Anne turned to Henry, losing her smile and clutching Louis's shoulder. Louis narrowed his eyes at the English king. Anne removed her hand from Louis's shoulder, placing it  on her stomach. 

"Are you okay, Anne?" Anne fainted on the ground.

The royal children of France walked with the governor behind. A priest grabbed the royal children. The soldiers tried to repel the priest, but the peasants were throwing food and rocks at the soldiers. "Protect the king!" They shouted.

Charles Brandon turned his head. He noticed the royal children escaping into the church. Charles lunged at the kidnappers, but it was too late. Only one royal child was remaining. "Jean," Charlotte shouted. "We claim Sanctuary," Louis said. Henry Tudor looked around.  Blood was oozing from his forehead. Charles grabbed Jean's hand, preventing him from running towards the church.

Anne Boylen was lying down, stroking her belly. Henry Tudor stormed into the tent. Anne could tell Henry was angry because of his heavy stomping. That meant her children had got away. Anne shot up. Henry was holding Jean's arm.

AN: Henry the 7 was different. Henry didn't have affairs. He locked himself away. He valued Arthur. Henry the 8's grandmother documented Henry's birth, the day, and the date, just not the year. That is how important Henry was. Henry spent his years with his mother. She taught him how to write.

Henry blamed his father for what happened to his mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 350 10
In which there is one woman, one queen, who is able to withstand henry viii and his endless mistresses. [⚠️WARNING⚠️: cheating (obviously its henry)...
110K 2.6K 56
Fortune favors the brave or incredibly reckless. Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk, a man of impulsive nature takes a risk on a woman of cautious...
9.5K 161 12
What if Catherine's first daughter had lived? This is the story of Isabella Tudor, First Child of Henry VIII and Queen Catherine of Aragon. Born in J...
18.9K 715 21
In a kingdom ruled by men, a young Spanish woman is handed over to England to be the Tudor's new toy, and eventually, the queen. This woman is Cather...