ChromaTober | FMS 2023 writin...

By Golden_Fogfury

I try to keep up with the challenge for the first time - I'm in for an interesting challenge >:] More

Day 1 | Hunted
Day 2 | Eyes
Day 3 | Sneak
Day 4 | Return
Day 5 | Flower
Day 6 | Improvise
Day 7 | Mask
Day 8 | Fuse
Day 10 | Memory
Day 11 | Lull
Day 12 | Toxin
Day 13 | Cold
Day 14 | Shelter
Day 15 | Confinement
Day 16 | Below
Day 17 | Comfort
Day 18 | Voice
Day 19 | Habit
Day 20 | Stalk
Day 21 | Guilt
Day 22 | Grow
Day 26 | Animal
Day 28 | Awaken

Day 9 | Betrayal

119 11 9
By Golden_Fogfury

AU: Exile (a bit inspired by Outlaw by @/IcyWillowSong)
Type: Angst and fluff
Characters: Sabre, Dark, Light, some Colourless Guards, village Elders, Time
Note: sorry it gets rushed in the end, I was literally falling asleep-..

— — — — —
Light Steve POV

"Sabre shall be exiled from all kingdoms, including their villages, to beyond the periphery. His actions have lead to damage far beyond repair..." the Leaders' decision from few days ago echoed in my head as I walked with two of my elites, Sabre in front of us to escort him to the periphery where he will have continue his journey alone.

It's around a week's journey there, a village - where coincidentally Time appears to live, away from the noise and frequent activity of each kingdom - staying as our last spot in civilisation we know of. After that, it's two full days of walking into the mostly unknown landscape. Few of my Guards were sent to check it a few days further so there wouldn't be any mishaps or accidents a month ago for us to get more info.

Our pace was moderate, which was actually surprising and pretty good for Sabre's and Dark's conditions. Sabre is certainly most heartbroken, dried tears covering his cheeks and a runny nose filling the silence (other than our footsteps and equipment) as we made our way to the destination, a rendezvous point. Dark was weak, because there was no more Darkness to support him. Would think that he'd turn back to the Yellow Steve he was merged with but.. I guess that's not how it works. Sabre was supporting him the most he could, but his own body wasn't in too good shape either. Apparently, Darkness had protected him from most harm, so without it, the pain would show. So we have to take breaks often.

As the day came to a close, we finally arrived to the last stop where we see any Steves for a while. We wouldn't stay in a house though. The Leaders didn't "allow such luxury" for the exiled. I and my guards would stay with them. The Village Elders had prepared a small shelter for the two though - I had specifically asked for the representatives of the Kingdoms to not be helped.

As we walked slowly to their first and last actual man-made shelter of this journey, I looked to my left with not a full head turn. The Blue Elder was peaking from behind a side of a brick house. I knew the Green Elder to be with him. I gave them a small nod which was quietly returned. After a quick flash of green jogging from his hiding spot to a different one, Blue retreated and I looked back forward.

We reached the shelter soon enough. ... It honestly looked like a horse stall with no real gates or doors, whatever they were called- and there were two sets of places for Sabre and Dark to lie down with a pillow and warm blanket for either. "Remember, anything you find from the, journey until the last stop, you may take. Be it a rock, leaf, something to eat - anything. Hopefully something that will help you on further." An elite with a deeper voice reminded them as we all sat down (Sabre laid Dark down so he could rest because he needed most of it). Us three had a flay stone as a seat near the two each.

As the sun set in purples and oranges, the Violet and Indigo Elders confronted us. "Hello, greetings to the fellow travellers passing by. We were wondering if you could accept a gift from us? Just a small meal for the evening." They both spoke with a kind smile.

"That is most thoughtful of you, but we already have something for all of us to eat. Thank you." The other guard with a funny voice dismissed their suggestion.

"Oh, but please! We worked hard on it."

"And we thank you for the effort, but we really are fine."

"... At least let them come with us for a moment! We have something to show them. As a parting gift!" They tried their best to convince the guards.

"We cannot do that, we have orders to-"

"Yes, but... Just this once? There is no one beyond the fence and we figured we'd give them this last sight and gift of civilisation before they go..." Indigo got very emotional emphasising his point. The Guard speaking stayed quiet and looked at me and Milo. The latter stayed indifferent and I shrugged with an uncertain nod, being fine with either options of the two going or staying.

"...Fine... You have a an hour max."

"Thank you so much!" They bowed deeply. "You have our utmost gratitude." The returned from their respectful bow and motioned for Sabre and Dark to follow them. Dark was feverish and wasn't following what had happened very well and Sabre was both anxious and nervous, unsure if he should, even if they were given the opportunity. "The hour's running." Friedrich told them, urging them to use the most of the time they've been given. The blindfolded man looked at Dark who gave him a look of agreement and the brunette helped him up and they went with the two Elders.

That gave us three some time to rest from watching over them "Oh, Sir Light! Just who I was hoping to find, I actually need your help with something." Nevermind. I looked up to see whose voice it was. A fiddling figure of the Orange Elder was looking at me nervously.

"And what may that thing be that needs my help?"

"You see... A tree fell down not long ago and it's blocking our supply chain and trading with other villages. I have already started working on getting rid of it and fixing the road with Elder Green, but..." he went quiet for a moment. "it has been quite tough and Green did injure himself. And it's not quite a worth feat to do it all alone-"

"I see... Well, if I really must, I can muster the energy to help out a bit." Milo and Friedrich were surprised. "Stay here and guard the area, one of you can check our inventory and food. I suspect Sabre and Dark will be given food." I then stood up, the two elites following my lead. They got into formal poses and bid me farewell until my return and sat back down when I wasn't in their field of vision anymore.

In the only part of forest with a road, there really was a tree on the road, but it was a small thin one. I looked at Orange and Blue. The latter had joined us on our way here. Orange stopped and turned to me, his biting his lips and looking down. "So... Sabre and Dark..."

"They're exiled... right?" Blue addressed the issue, warming his hands from anxiety.

"Yes, that's what the Chromatic Leaders decided."

"And you're escorting him to The Fence?"

"Yes."

"And you plan on splitting from the group to later regroup with the two?" The two asked after one another.

"Yes."

"A betrayal against the Kings?"

"More like-"

"Light, whatever you're gonna say will count as betrayal." Blue cut off and said immediately like it was obvious. Depends on the angle, does it not? -w-

"You said it, Blue, not me." I raised my hands as to not take the blame. Blue sighed and shook his head.

"Why?" He asked.

"Why what?"

"Why do this? Betray them, I mean? You could've disagreed to take the role of bringing them to exile."

"I'm doing this because I find the "Kings" betrayed him. And if I didn't take the role knowing I can help them, I would've betrayed them. They don't deserve double or even multiple betrayal.. So I'll help. I even have the perfect excuse to tell them when I meet them after a few days!"

"...Whatever you say..."

"I just hope you all will be safe and we'll see you again..." Orange was sad.

"Oh, trust me. We will." I said with most confidence I've ever had. It even surprised the two Elders. It made me chuckle and laugh for the first time in a while. "Trust me. We will see soon. Oh I can't, this is honestly hilarious. Plot holes are the best."

"Wha..?"

"Oh, just using the Leaders' words against, nothing else." I laughed even louder and supported myself on my knees. At least they were amused and smiled too, now in a happier mood.

— —

When I eventually got back to our resting spot, I was exhausted. And hungry. I was really glad when Fred had cooked some food and left a good portion for me. I thanked him and started eating. Sabre and Dark were back and already fast asleep. Although, they both had better clothes and backpacks. Ah, a treasure hunt for stuff? Clever way to do this without breaking any rules. Again, twists and holes are the best.

— —

Excellent. The excuse worked with the guards and they left to go back to the Yellow Kingdom to report this. Now I can swiftly go the way Sabre and Dark went. I ran in order to catch up to them quicker.

They must've heard me a mile away because they were quite scared and cautious when I arrived.

"L-Light..? Why are you here?" Sabre asked.

"My king." I bowed down to my knee, over-exaggerating the title. "I have come to loyally stay with you of course."

"Wh- What?! Huh?! What are you talking about?! You okay-? The Leaders-"

"By no law am I bound to them. Sure, I lead the Colourless Guard, but by Steve own law... I am bound to follow you, just like Dark was bound to Nightmare. They'd just want to get rid of me anyway since there's "no real need for the Light Crystal" anyway. But in reality... I like it.. I like the way I'm way more confident now and I can actually speak my mind out loud. And people actually listen to me.. For that I thank you and owe my life to you."

"Light, no- you're taking this too seriously! They'll find out and-"

"Do what?" I looked up at him with a smile. "Come all the way beyond The Fence where no law exists and kill me? Betrayal? Come on, Sabre, they've already betrayed both us and many others so many times. It doesn't matter what they'll do. The only thing they might do is search true village and forest when I won't have returned back to base for a while."

"..." Sabre sighed, confused and tired and still in a sad mood.

"So, I heard ya we're sup'osed to return t'the village." A new voice startled us all. It was Time. "So can we get going and work on the rest there? I didn't extend my house and build a basement for nothing. Let's go." I smiled.

"T-Time?!" Sabre was surprised and even Dark managed to widen his eyes.

"Aw.. Come here you two!" He jumped down from his tree and embraced them in a warm tight, yet a careful hug.

:3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 56 9
my first time pleas dont juge😓😔
275K 7.2K 49
Ok so here's my attempt at writing one shots. Most or all will be fluff. COMPLETED
3.2K 271 31
This month I will attempt to do this writing prompt challenge given by LoneRanger! It's a FavreMySabre based challenge and I really need to get back...
178 55 11
This is my entry for the Fantamsical contest.