The Ties That Bind Us

By QueenOfSoftness

Au: Fakhir and Annie are cousins and have grown up together. Fakhir has always protected Annie From everythin... More

plot
Chapter no 2
Chapter no 3
Chapter no 4
Chapter no 5
Chapter no 6
Chapter no 7
Chapter no 8
Important note
Chapter no 9
Chapter no 10

Chapter no 1

1.5K 66 29
By QueenOfSoftness

Note: Annie,s father was a good man. He loved annie and Faiza.

A 15 years old Annie looked at the clock, her anxiety grew with each second that ticked by. It was 12 at night. She paced the length of her room anxiously waiting for everyone to sleep.

She sat on the sofa, her breathes were uneven as she impatiently waited tapping the leather with her fingers.

She closed her eyes. Fakhir,s face flashed across her mind and she felt her heart sinking.

She opened her eyes. She felt a lump raising in her throat as today,s events flashed across her mind. She felt a pang in her heart. She couldn't even imagine Fakhir,s condition, he had lost his father, what will be his state of mind?

Fakhir...

His name escaped Annie's lips and her heart skipped a beat. She stood up and started walking here and there in her room again.

Ya Khuda Fakhir ko himmat dena.

Annie prayed gulping the lump that formed in her throat.

All she wanted to do was rush to him and hug him tight but she couldn't as everyone was awake. That's why she was waiting for everyone to sleep so that she could go and try to comfort Fakhir.

Annie heard the sound of someone climbing the stairs and hurriedly rushed to the bed. She climbed up on the bed and laid down. She closed her eyes pretending to sleep.

Fakhir,s mother came inside. She looked at Annie,s sleeping figure and a genuine, loving smile appeared on her tear striken face. She bent down and placed a loving kiss on Annie,s forehead.

Sleep well beta.

She said softly and left from there after turning the lights off. She turned on the small lamp because Annie was scared of darkness.

After 20 minutes!!!

Annie slowly got down the bed careful enough to not to hurt herself.

She slowly opened the drawer looked around the things that were inside the drawer and she found the flashlight. She turned on the flashlight and closed the door.

She slowly walked towards Fakhir,s room keeping in mind to not to make any noise.

Calm down Annie. Tere paas flashlight hai.

Annie said to herself in mind. She was hell scared of the darkness

You have to do this Annie, tere Fakhir ke liye.

Annie motivated herself. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. She reached outside Fakhir,s room and saw the door slightly open. She entered inside and saw him standing in the balcony gazing at the sky laced with black clouds.

A 17 years old Fakhir who was gazing at the sky laced with black clouds unblinkingly felt a comforting warmth surrounding his heart feeling Annie,s presence. He blinked his eyes as his heart called out softly

Annie.

Annie walked towards him.

Fakhir.

Annie called out softly. Fakhir looked at her.

Tum yahan kya ker rahi ho Annie? Tumhe yahan nahin hona chahiye.

Fakhir said, his voice a mix of fear and urgency. He looked around. He went to close the door but Annie stopped him.

Darwaza band hai aur sab so chuke hain.

Annie said. Fakhir turned and walked towards her to the balcony.

Tumhe yahan nahin hona chahiye. You should leave.

Fakhir said firmly.

Agar na jaun toh?

Annie asked.

Tumhe jana hoga.

Fakhir said.

Tumhe aisi halat mein chod ker chali jaun?

Annie asked. She clicked her tongue shaking her head sideways.

Kabhi nahin. Never.

Annie said softly, her voice filled with sincerity.

Please Fakhir. Aaj tak tumne mujhse apni har Khushi, har dar share kiya hai.... aaj dard bhi share ker lo.

Annie said, her voice holding a raw plead that came from the depths of her heart.

Fakhir looked into her eyes. Her eyes were filled with pain, concern, hurt and an undefinable emotion that left him puzzled while his eyes were filled with pain, hurt, longing and love.

Fakhir had loved Annie since he was 15. He had always wondered that will she love him back? Will she reciprocate his feelings? Will she ever see him that way?

Yeh raat kitni kaali hai na Annie?

Fakhir asked her looking at the sky which was laced with black clouds.

Annie hummed softly in agreement.

Per har kaali raat ke baad subha zaroor hoti hai Fakhir.

Annie said, her voice a mix of tenderness and sincerity.

He looked at her. Their eyes met. She hesitated a bit before raising her hands, however her forwarding hands stopped in middle. She took a deep breath trying to gather some courage and gently cupped his face, her touch hesitant but tender as she met his gaze.

Fakhir,s heart raced at her action. His breath hitched as he looked into her eyes. He gulped visibly trying to control his racing heartbeats.

She caressed his cheeks sending shivers down his spine.

Annie caressed his face with tumbling fingers looking into his eyes as she said, her voice stern.

Don't pretend.

Fakhir inched closer. He wrapped his arms around her and bent down burying his face in her neck.

His legs weakened and he was about to fall but Annie immediately wrapped her arms around him trying to give him support. They slowly sat on the ground. Fakhir pulled away and looked at her. Annie interlocked their fingers and squeezed the back of his palm lightly. Fakhir felt a surge of positive energy flowing through their joined hands.

He looked at their joined hands and then looked at at her.

She slowly cradled his face in her palms causing his breath to hitch in his throat.

Please Fakhir.

Annie said, her voice a fragile plea that came from the depths of her heart.

Tears clouded his eyes as he looked at Annie. The way her delicate hands brushed against his cheeks made him feel loved. He closed his eyes leaning into her touch. He bit the inside of his cheek to stop the sobs which were building inside him but failed and a sob escaped his lips. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

Aanie,s heart broke seeing his state. She gulped as a tear rolled up on her cheek.

He looked at Annie with tear-filled eyes. His hold tightening on her hand.

He left us Annie. He left me.

Fakhir,s voice was barely above a whisper. Annie,s heart shattered loudly in her ears as she looked at him. He looked so broken, so fragile, so hurt, in a state she never wished or wanted to see him.

She didn't knew what to say so she just gathered him in her arms unable to tolerate the destress he seems to emit. He didn't hugged her back. Annie sat there for 5 minutes when she realized that he wasn't hugging her back, she was about to pull away. That's when Fakhir came back to his senses and hugged her back tightly.

Nahin please.

Fakhir said, his voice trembling with emotions. Tears rolled down Fakhir,s beautiful eyes. Annie wrapped her arm around him and caressed his hair with her other hand trying to gulp her sobs back.

She ran her fingers through his soft, velvety hair as he cried in her arms letting out his pain, argony and greif finding solace in her embrace. Annie continued to slowly run her fingers through his soft velvety hair. Her touch loving and tender making him feel loved and valued.

I'm alone Annie. Akela ho gaya hoon main.

Fakhir whispered, his voice muffled against the softness of her kameez.

Nahin Fakhir. Nahin.

Annie said. She pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears with her both hands. She uplifted his face slightly to meet his gaze.

You are not alone. Tum akele nahin ho. Main hoon tumhare sath. I'm here for you.

Annie said controlling her own tears. She gently brushed his tears away once again and smiled slightly with her eyes full of tears threatening to escape any moment.

She gently cradled his face in her palms, her touch hesitant but tender as she shook her head sideways saying softly but her voice holding a promise.

You are not alone. Main hoon tumhare sath aur humesha rahungi.

Fakhir stood up along with her and took a few steps away from her.

He was looking at her, his eyes full of fear as he shook his head sideways.

Jhooth.

Fakhir said a little loudly, his voice trembling with fear. He turned around, now his back was facing her.

Annie took a step back statled by his semi yell but soon composed herself understanding his state of mind.

She walked towards him with baby steps and stood behind him. She hesitantly reached out and placed her hand on his shoulder.

Fakhir look at me.

She urged softly. Fakhir turned and looked at her. She wiped the unshed tears that were lingering on the corner of his eyes.

She smiled slightly and held his hand firmly as she said, her voice soft and tender, holding a promise.

Sach. I promise.

Holding his hand, she started walking towards the bed and he followed her as if he is lost and she's the force who is guiding him.

She made him sit on the bed and filled the glass with water and made him drink all the while having a beautiful eye contact.

The pain in his eyes shattered her heart loudly in her ears all over again. She sat besides him and pulled him into another tender hug. He wrapped his arms around her basking into the warmth of her embrace.

She again started running her fingers through his soft, velvety hair. The feeling of her fingers slipping through his hair tenderly caused Fakhir,s eyes to well up with a fresh round of tears.

Annie.

He mumbled, his voice thick and hoarse due to continues crying.

I'm here.

She said, her voice a mix of tenderness and assurance.

Sleep.

She whispered into his ear ruffling his hair tenderly. She pulled away and was about to make him lay down but he held her by her waist sending a shiver down her spine. She turned gulping and looked at him. She sat besides him and he kept his hand on her lap. The tears still rolling down his cheeks like an endless waterfall. She caressed his hair tenderly looking at him with all the love her eyes are able to hold. Her hair came flying over her face. She tucked her hair behind her ears. Fakhir held her hand firmly thinking that she is going to leave him.

Stay please.

Fakhir,s voice was a fragile plea that came from the depths of his heart. He was scared thinking that she is going to leave him.

Please mujhe chod ker mat jao Annie.

Fakhir pleaded. Annie,s heart shattered soundlessly in her chest hearing his raw plead.

Her own tears fell unable to tolerate his pain he was going through.

Main kahin nahin ja rahi, main yehin hoon, tumhare paas.

Annie said, her voice a mix of tenderness and sincerity.

Fakhir felt his heart at peace hearing her as he smiled slightly tightening his hold on her hand before drifting to sleep while as promised, Annie stayed by his side.

End Of Chapter!!!

Important: The story will be a little building up in the first 2 chapters.

RainbowRoses21. ❤️
RahilianForever2 ❤️

Here's the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all take care stay home and stay safe ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 981 14
Fariya Shafiq's life seems to have become a series of unfortunate events after a life riveting accident that took everything from her, leaving her pa...
914K 38.8K 59
10.6K 1.3K 9
Grew up without parents, bullied by her half-sister since childhood, emotionally ignored by her family members all her life, Akshara Goenka had enoug...
382K 21.4K 20
The fates of all the royalties. A Dehwaar and Gashkori Saga. #1 Nawaab- The story of Nawaab Jahaangir Ali Dehwaar and Zartaaj Jahaangir. How they are...