Forever Young (On Hold)

By d_buttercup

Six Students Freshly out of school Beginning their journey in the heart of India and one of the most sought... More

Author's Note πŸ¦‹
Characters ✨

Permission

15 0 0
By d_buttercup

"Mummy please I want to go to the college I don't want to do my college through the school of open learning please mom please" Aarohi pleaded in front of her mother who was indifferent to her pleadings and focused on the chores at hand.

"I cannot do anything about it Aarohi your father was very straightforward about it from the very start that you will not be going to college at any cost" her mother stated with a blank face while continuing to wash the vegetables.

"but why? I am not asking to go to a different country or state. It is in Delhi itself. People dream of getting into Delhi University and now that I have why are you not letting me go? It is nothing different from school I will go and come everyd-" she was cutoff by a voice from behind.

"What is going on over here?" Her grandmother asked walking towards them and saw her granddaughter as water began to collect at the bottom lid of her eye.

"Why is my aaro crying?" she looked angrily at her daughter in law and before Aarohi's mother could say anything Aarohi spoke

"Dadi I want to go to the college. I got admission in Delhi University you know na how difficult it is to get into it. Dadi please please please. I really want to go. " Aarohi kept on blabbering determined to keep her grandmother on her side while her mother rolled her eyes knowing that it will lead her nowhere.

"Have you paid the fees?" Dadi asked with a smile on her face and wiping off the tears that feel from Aarohi's eyes while convincing her. With a big smile Aarohi nodded her head and hugged her knowing that nobody can stop her now.

Her mother on the other hand was shocked and began to speak " but maaji Aarohi's father said- " and was harshly cutoff by Rajwanti's hand raised towards her gesturing her to stay quiet.

~~~~~~~~

Priyanshu was watching T.V. when his twin sister called him from inside the room angrily "PRIYANSHU WHY DON'T YOU FLUSH AFTER USING THE WASHROOM !!!! YOU DOG!!! EVEN THE DOGS TRY TO HIDE THEIR POOP BUT YOU? YOU ARE SO SHAMELESS"

She angrily stomped her feet on the ground and went to the kitchen when didn't get any response from him. He just shrugged and continued watching the movie he knew it was an everyday thing and didn't pay much attention to it.

Soon he heard the door bell ring and didn't even make efforts to get up and open the door as he knew Prisha will soon get annoyed and open it herself. But to his surprise the person outside unlocked the door himself and came inside.

Looking at who he was Priyanshu jumped from the couch and in his arms. It was none other than there elder brother Alok. Both of them fell on ground with the force Priyanshu jumped on his brother also making Alok laugh loudly.

"What did you break now?" their mother yelled from the kitchen as she heard a loud thump noise come from the living room. When she didn't receive any response she decided to check herself with a spatula in her hand and meeting Prisha half way they made their way to the living room from where apparently the loud laughs of Priyanshu could be heard.

As soon as both of them reached the living room their eyes lightened while seeing her elder brother and her eldest son. Both of them ran towards Alok and engulfed him in a close hug from both the sides. Making him feel even more important. And just to cause trouble Priyanshu decided to join them and made his way between Alok and Prisha earning a tight slap from her on his chest while all of them just laughed looking at annoyed youngest member of the house.

As Ruhanika made her way back to the kitchen the siblings sat on the couch comfortably to talk about their whereabouts.

"When are you both leaving for Delhi?" Alok asked genuinely curious and little hurt that he knows so little about his younger siblings life. " we don't know... maybe in a week? or 10 days? " Prisha stated confused.

"We have already found the PG and we just have to have a look at it once then pay the advance and all those formalities then we will be good to go" Priyanshu exclaimed excitedly barely able to keep him voice low.

~~~~~~~~

"Maa I am back" Adhyan shouted at top of his lungs knowing pretty well that his mother is on the other side of the house and won't be able to hear him so easily due to all the noise.

He sat down while taking out his phone and trying to refresh the Gmail app as today was the day when DU was supposed to release the name of Students who made it to the university.

Due to his house being in a secluded area the network connectivity was poor and they have to struggle alot to connect to the outer world. After waiting for what felt like eternity the app opened and he was happy to see a congratulatry message from DU. Knowing that he made it to the university. The place where he thought would be so good for him that it will bring a 360° change in his life.

He can't wait to be a part of DU he thought excitedly and ran towards her mother to tell her about his achievement.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Diti your dadu (grandfather) wants to talk to you" Usha told her gently while expecting Diti to follow her. And Diti just frowned "why Dadi? Have I done something wrong? Did he know that I sneaked out yesterday to eat ice-cream? I was craving it that is why I swear I did not cross the road at all The ice cream man was standing before the crossing" she blabbered while showing her all 10 fingers to her dadi as an indication that she hasn't drawn any crosses which will somehow justify her lies.

Usha just smiled and told her it was nothing like that and that he wanted to talk about something else. But kept in mind to lecture her later about this sneak out of hers.

"Diti did the results for your college admission come?" asked his grandfather while glancing at her from his newspaper. On the other hand Diti smiled nervously "Dadu the competition in DU is too much you know that na? So, I was like not selected but don't worry I will continue my further education from open school of learning. I have already filled the form and everything is -" she was harshly cutoff by her grandfather.

"Diti stop lying to me. Why don't you want to go to the college it is one of the most prestigious universities in India. " he said with both his hands in the air as a sign of his frustration.

Diti's eyes softened looking at her dadu's such condition. She sighed and said " okay Dadu because you are insisting so much so I will go to Delhi but on one condition " she said raising her finger and his dadu nodded excitedly signalling her to continue" you will take the chemo therapy for your cancer" she stated more confidently then she imagined.

Her dadu's face fell and she knew it was not happening. No matter what they tried he would just not agree for chemo. It has been 3 years since he has been fighting cancer and been in immense pain. Doctors say chemo is the last option and since then we have been trying to make him agree on the decision of the doctor but he is being stubborn God knows for what reason.

" okay I will take chemo" he finally said and stood up from his chair, after hearing his words Diti could not contain herself and hugged his dadu with full force smiling and giggling while her grandmother smiled looking at both of them.

~~~~~~~~

Everybody was seated on the dining table for the breakfast when Shubham decided to break the news that he will be leaving for Delhi tomorrow.

"I am going to Delhi tomorrow" came Shubham's stern voice from the left most corner of the table making everybody to stop eating and focus their attention on him expecting him to continue with the reason of his visit. But he just continued to eat his Breakfast.

With anger and annoyance evident on his face his father asked " Can we know the reason?" To which Shubham just shrugged and said " I got into DU and will be leaving tomorrow for my further education" everybody on the table was shocked to hear that except his mother because she was scared. She made eye contact with his son and he gave her a assuring nod which made her visibly relaxed.

On contrary his father stood up from his seat and shouted " You should have atleast discussed it with us!!! Now you are big enough to make your own decisions?" He was fuming with anger but it did not affect Shubham for some reason and he continues to devour the delicious pulao. Until he heard his father's next statement.

" You are not going anywhere. Enroll in the local university. " he was very adamant of his decision.

Shubham just stood up from his seat and calmly stated " I never asked you I am just telling you that too just because I live in this house not because I care about you or anyone else. " While looking at everybody except her mother who stood their like a statue. And left for his room taking his plate of Pulao with him.

So, how was the first chapter?

Do tell guys please 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 15.7K 17
"α€˜α€±α€Έα€α€Όα€Άα€€α€œα€¬α€•α€Όα€±α€¬α€α€šα€Ί α€„α€œα€»α€Ύα€„α€Ία€œα€Ύα€―α€•α€Ία€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€œα€­α€―α€·α€α€²α€·.... α€™α€Ÿα€―α€α€Ία€›α€•α€«α€˜α€°α€Έα€—α€»α€¬...... ကျွန်တော် α€”α€Ύα€œα€―α€Άα€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€€ α€žα€°α€·α€”α€¬α€™α€Šα€Ία€œα€±α€Έα€€α€Όα€½α€±α€€α€»α€α€¬α€•α€«.... α€€α€»α€½α€”α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€Ία€›α€„α€Ία€α€―α€”α€Ία€žα€Άα€α€½α€±α€€...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
275K 31.6K 80
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. πŸ”₯❀️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
1.3M 66.8K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...