The Edwardian Era: Sequel To...

By Ladybythelake54

Welcome to The Edwardian Era: Sequel To Remember Me. This is For National Novel Writing Month 2023 More

The Birth of Lord Andrew Charles Howard The Fifth.
The Romantic CourtShip of Lady Karissa Elizabeth Howard
Hello Young Lovers Based On Song From The King and I
The Future Sixth Duke of Norfolk Territory
Lady Beltane Elizabeth and Lady Caroline Matilda Riley
The Birth of The 1st Howard Earl of Moray Territory
The Red Hair Howard's
The Birth of The Future 6th Duke of Norfolk Territory
The Future Edwardian Duke of Lennox Territory
Two Third Cousin -Scottish Highlanders -One Duke and One Earl
The Two Highlander Heiresses
The Country Duke of Westminster Territory
The Highlander Duke of Lennox Territory
The Flapper Girl, Duchess of Lancaster Territory
The Birth of Lady Ostara Florence Victoria Howard
Suitors for The Edwardian Duchess of Lancaster Territory
A Bride for Lord Jerome Alexander Howard, future Earl of Moray of Star Base 10.
The Courtship of Lord Jerome Alexander and Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard
The Scottish Highlander Wedding
The Plea To Lady Jeanette Virginia Howard,
The Competition: Lord Edwin William Beck The Second
Let The Battle Commence
Part Two : The Competition.
The Wedding of Lord Andrew Charles Howard two great-great-great-grandchildren
The Birth of The Heiress to Two Dukedoms
The Heiresses of Star Base 10 and 12
Part One:The Untold Story of The Birth of The Duchess of Clarence Territory
Part Two ; The Untold Story of The Birth of The Duchess of Clarence Territory
A Great-Grandson for Lord Edwin William Howard
The Double Wedding of 2294
The Strange Request
The Tour of Pembroke Territory
Part One :The Duke of Norfolk Territory and His Sons,
Part Two: The Duke of Norfolk Territory and His Sons, Lord Albert Edward,
The Children of Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory
Part Two of The Request
The Coming out of The Duke of Lancaster Territory
The Three Beautiful Weddings of 2300
The Two Grandchildren of Duke of Westminster Territory
The Shared Grandson, Lord Alexander Andrew Howard
The Coming Out and Debutante Event of 2301.
The Two Weddings of 2305
Three more Grandchildren for Lord Andrew Charles
The Marriages of Lord Benjamin Lawrence and Lady Sophia Dorothea
Par t One :Seven Events of 2310.
Part Two of The Seven Events of 2310

The Peacemaker''s Choice

6 13 0
By Ladybythelake54

She was named by her dear mother, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey nee Lowell, before she was born, Lady Samhain, (Celtic for "Summer-Ends") Wilhelmina after her late paternal great-great-grandfather middle name, and for her paternal grandfather, and given the surname of her paternal great-great-great-grandfather.

On the day she was born, her father, Lord Andrew Charles Howard, fifth Duke of Norfolk Territory created her Duchess of Clarence Territory on Star Base 12 in the name of her paternal great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard.

She grew up with five other sisters and three brothers, and all of them were created a Duke or Duchess of Star Base 12, all but for her oldest sister, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane and her younger sister, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey, and they were Duchesses in waiting.

She was the second child and daughter of Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Fifth DUke of Norfolk Territory and his Duchess, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann who was also Marchioness of Pembroke Territory.

As she grew up, she grew close to her third cousin, Lord David William Beck, the oldest son of her second cousin removed, Lord David William Beck and her third cousin great-grandfather was Lord Edwin William Howard, the youngest brother of her grandfather, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR, both sons of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR.

The two third cousins grew up together and played with each other in the garden at Beltane Manor,where their mother's were good friends and their father's were first cousins to each other and shared the same birthdays but two years apart from each other.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann wrote this in her journal on December 1, 2276, 45 days after the birth of Lady Samhain, "It has been 45 days since I gave birth to my darling Lady Samhain. She is so unlike her oldest sister, Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane who is so much like her father, Lord Andrew Charles. One is so haughty and proud, and the other is so humble, reverent, and sweet."

"I know that Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard will govern one day after her father, but her time has yet to come."

"However, Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard was created Duchess of Clarence Territory in the name of her late paternal great-great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard to whom I can relate to as we suffered a similar fate."

"Lord Patrick William Howard to leave his beloved England and flee from Pre World War Three Planet Earth Europe as I had to leave Post World War Three Planet Earth in The United States as a war orphan at the age of 15."

"As I watch her grow. I must confess that she is my favorite child and although Lord Andrew Charles seems proud of her. I have always known that her birth was a disappointment to him as he was expecting a son, and got a second daughter. "

"One day it is my hope that Lord Andrew Charles Howard will see our daughter, Lady Samhain as his best treasure."

___________________________________

Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard, Duchess of Clarence Territory turned 15 years old on October 31, 2291, and in December she will be attending her coming out event that all young aristocratic ladies attend and they are properly introduced into what is called "Polite society."

"I call it the "marriage market for the aristocrats on Star Base 12. They use their children as pawns in a game of chess." Lady Karissa writes.

"My darling Lady Samhain will not be used like a pawn in their chess game as Lady Elizabeth was not used the year before."

As I watched Lord Andrew Charles Howard escort Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene into the cotillion with his father,

 Lady Frederica Wilhelmina, Lord Charles Andrew Howard The Third, with Lady Charlotte Victoria Maud, and Lord Patrick William Howard The Second with Lady Autumn Bridget. I wondered how many of them would be pawned off."

I watched Lord Andrew Charles proudly escort our daughter to her cotillion and present at the Cotillion was President Jane Hathaway of The United Federation of Planets and her husband, Sir Thomas Hathaway.

Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene gave a perfect curtsy to President Hathaway and her husband Sir, Thomas.

She was so beautiful and never so proud to be her mother but I know one day I will lose her to the man she loves and it is my wish that she be happy as all of my children." Lady Karissa writes in her journal.

On the evening of her debutante ball, Lord David William Beck, her second cousin, and his son, Lord David William Beck The Second were present and I saw them standing in the background of the cotillion.

As Lord David William Beck The Second watches his second cousin, Lord Andrew Charles Howard escort Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene up to be presented to President Hathaway and her husband, Lord David William Beck The Second tells his father" I love her dad. I have loved her since we were only five years old out in the garden at Beltane Manor."

"My dear son. You are both the great-great-great-grandchildren of Lord Patrick William Howard and through his second grandson, Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and his two sons, Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior and Lord Edwin William Howard." Lord David William Beck explains.

"Will Lord Andrew Charles Howard approve of his daughter marrying me dad. I have no title and property." Lord David William Beck The Second asks.

"Don't worry about that. Lady Karissa can handle Lord Andrew Charles and she doesn't believe in all the nonsense." Lord David William Beck explains.

"Your great-great-uncle can handle his son." Lord David William Beck tells his son.

"I mean I am only Howard through my grandmother, great-grandfather." Lord David William Beck The Second explains.

"Lady Karissa doesn't care about your lineage, my dear son." Lord David William Beck explains " My father was Viscount of Elmhurst Estate and my grandmother was the Countess of Essex Territory and one day you will become Earl of Essex Territory." Lord David William Beck explains.

"Through my mother I am Viscount of White-Hall Manor." Lord David William Beck explains.

"All my third cousins all look very beautiful tonight dad, but Lady Samhain outshines all of them." Lord David William Beck the Second tells his father.

"We have a great many cousins." Lord David William Beck explains to his son" My own personal preference is towards Lady Karissa, little peace-maker as I remember carrying her out to her grandfather 15 years ago and placing her into his arms.

"I am going to ask Lady Samhain to dance with me, dad and during the dance I am going to get down on my knees and ask her to marry me." Lord David William Beck tells his father.

Lord David William Beck the Second walks over to where Lady Samhain is standing with her father and he bow and Lord Andrew Charles smiles " Good Evening my dear cousin." Lord Andrew Charles tells his second cousin.

"Good Evening, Lord Andrew Charles. May I ask my third cousin, Lady Samhain to dance with me." Lord David William Beck The Second asks.

"I am not the one to ask. You must ask Lady Samhain if she wants to dance." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lord David William Beck The Second.

Lord David William Beck The Second walks up to Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene, Duchess of Clarence Territory to dance and she looks at him and she tells him " I thought you were never going to ask me to dance and I thought I would have to be the one to dance with me."

Lord David William Beck The Second and Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene, Duchess of Clarence Territory open up the dancing at the cotillion.

While they are dancing, Lord David William Beck The Second gets down on one knee and he takes Lady Samhain hand in his and he looks up at her and he asks her "Will you do me the honor of marrying me, Lady Samhain?"

Lady Samhain Wilhelmina Charlene Howard, Duchess of Clarence Territory looks at her third cousin, Lord David William Beck The Second and answers " Oh! Yes I will marry you, Cousin Lord David William Beck The Second." and he smiles and he places his mother's engagement ring on her left finger and from the background, Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR smiles and he is so happy he starts to dance by himself at the cotillion of 2291.

Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard-Carey wrote this entry in her journal on December 15, 2291. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532 504 22
This is for Camp National Novel Writing Month 2023
12.6K 459 41
❝ 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞, 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥...
928 1.3K 55
This novel is for Camp National Novel Writing Month 2023 .
1.8K 539 41
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora series. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...