Instinct

By writer3373

A small town with a group of teenagers compete in a dangerous game with life risk challenges that runs deeper... More

Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

6 0 0
By writer3373

Madison Georgia is as small as a small town gets. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone talks to everyone. Everyone grew up together. The worst part is everyone knows everything. 

"Anni,e babe" Jacob my boyfriend calls me from across the hall. I smile at him and walk over to him as he lifts his arm and pulls me into his side. He kisses me in greeting. 

"Anna, party at mine tonight, you coming?" Ethan is one of Jacobs friends. They both play football so it's a stereo-type friendship. I mean so is our relationship I am the sweet popular cheerleader and he is partly a jerk quater back. My whole life is a stereo type cliche. 

I look up at Jacob asking if he will be there. I know the answer but he likes this. He likes me depending on him, he likes the control. he nods, so I respond "Ya I'll be there" 

"Sweet" Ethan looks down at my cheer leading uniform that is to tight and short. He has always had a thing for me, but I am dating Jacob so I am considered off limits. 

"Babe, I'll pick you up at 8?" I nod he leans down to kiss me then him and Ethan walk off together. I go to my locker to grab my stuff when I feel a presence behind me. I turn and I am met with Ray smirking down at me. 

"Ray what do you want" I lean back to get farther from him. Ray is the schools asshole, he is popular because he is funny and does stupid shit because he doesn't care what happenens to him. He leans closer to me. 

"Where's your guard dog" His smirk grows

"Jacob, my boyfriend just left" His smirk shrinks a little, "now what do you want" 

"I just have a question" He leans down to whisper in my ear, "One week until the game, you playing?" 

I push him away, we don't talk about the game. After graduation every year all the seniors get a choice to play Instinct. It's what we call the game. Last year two people died. It's a series of challenges and you get points for each one, but they aren't simple fun things. They are based on peoples biggest fears and they are dangerous, people die almost every year, but the winner gets 50,000 dollars. It is run by the Judges who work anonymously. 

"We all know you need the money" he is just as poor as I am

"Shut the hell up, and leave me alone" 

I walk away from him. I walk home, well I walk to the trailer park, because that is my home. I walk as slow as I can, I don't want to go home to my mom and her ass of a boyfriend. I try hard to stay away from them for as long as possible. I am halfway there when I see the coffee bar and I decide to stop. It is only 4 so I still have 4 hours at my house with my mother. I go in and sit down at the bar. I aspect Jake the owner to come out of the back but instead a boy that looks my age walks around the corner. Like I said before, everyone knows everyone so he must be new. 

"hey, what can I get you" He is very cute. 

"Just a small coffee please" I study his face, he has dark wavy hair, he is tall, taller then Jacob but not as tall as Ray or Ethan, they are both probaly 6'4. He must be 6'2 or 6'3. Jacob has light hair, and Ray has dark curls, Ethan also has a dirty blond hair type, but this guy has darker hair then any of them. 

He starts laughing, "it's 4 in the afternoon, we stopped serving coffee 4 hours ago" 

"Well I know your new around here" I smirk, "but Jake would tell you to sell whatever gets you money" He smiles at me, "I have money and I am pretty sure I see the coffees machine right behind you. Unless it stops working at 12 I think you are capable of getting me a small coffee" 

He sighs, "Ok you win, a small coffee coming right up" He turns and starts making it. 

"So your new? what's your name" 

"I'm Will" he turns back around with my coffee in hand, "What's your name?" 

"I'm Annabeth, but everyone calls me Anna" 

"Ok well, Anna, nice to meet you" I smile at his nice deep voice, 

"Where are you from?" 

"Tennessee" 

"Oh wow, you came a far way" 

He doesn't respond, but comes back with a question, "How old are you Anna" 

"17, why?" 

"You graduate in a week?" I nod, "I am going to the last week of school here, and I will graduate here, does that mean I am eliable to play in this game." 

I shush him harshly and look around, It's just us a few older people, no one seemed to hear. 

"We aren't supposed to talk about it" 

"Ok well how am I supposed to know how to join" I look around rapidly again, 

"Look, just come to Ethan's party tonight he lives in the mansion West of town" He nods and opens his mouth like he is goin to say another stupid comment, then the door bell jingles, we both turn and see the sheriff walk in and I give him a "be quiet" look. 

"Miss Mills" He smiles at me 

"Sheriff" 

"how are you doing Annabeth? how is your mom?" 

"I am great, and my mother is doing well, thanks" He nods and takes a seat next to me. 

"Mr.  Smith I will take a coke please" 

I start to get up, "Oh wait Annabeth" I stop in my tracks and look at him, "I heard about your father, you let me know if he starts giving you any trouble, ok?" 

My eyes meet Wills for a split second and I am scared he can see the fear wash through my face, I shake it off quickly. "Ok, thank you Sheriff" I leave fast, and began my slow walk home. I get home and open the door quietly, and speed to my room. 

I throw on jean shorts and a long sleeve black top with a open back, because it is still a little cold, but getting warmer for the summer. 

I throw my hair up in a low messy bun and a little mascara. I am not very good at makeup, and don't own much of it, but I have very tan skin, and clear skin, so it kind of looks like makeup. 

I got my looks from my mom, she is very pretty, I have her dark wavy thick hair and tan skin, but I got my fathers light green eyes. 

I hear two honks outside and I know it's Jacob. I grab my phone and run out of my house before I have to see my mom. 

Jacob drives a big nice truck, that prob cost more than my whole trailer. He knows I am poor, so does everyone in this town, but he still loves me. I think he might just love the idea he is above me, and that I need him. I think he likes that I depend on him to support me. I don't care though, because I love him, and he loves me. 

"Hey baby" He leans over and kisses me. We drive there and he holds his hand on my thigh as he drives. Yes, he might be a jerk sometimes, but I need him. This is exactly what I need, someone to hold me. He has always been kind to me and takes care of me, isn't that enough?

"So tonight, you wanna stay at my place" Jacob looks over at me. 

"ya, I would love that" He squeezes my thigh and turns back to the rode when we get cut off abruptly by a motor cycle. Jacob slams on his break and hits his horn. Once the truck is fully stopped the motor cycle twist around to my side of the car and stops. 

Laughing Ray takes his helmet off. "Good Instinct Jacob" He mocks. Like I said before Ray is a out of control guy, his dad has been in jail most of his life and his older brother is no better and is probably in jail with him. At the path Ray is on he will be in the cell next to them soon. 

"What the hell Ray" Jacob spits at him, but Ray is looking at me. 

"What about you Annabeth, you have good Instinct?" He mocks again, he wants to know desperately if I will play or not, and well so do I. I can't decide what to do. Jacob is playing, more to prove his masculinity than for the money. 

"No, she isn't playing" Jacob answers for me, but Ray ignore him again and stares right at me. 

"Let me know when you decide, you can pay me a visit" He smirks, "We can... Talk" His smirk grows and he speeds off towards the party. I have never been scared of Ray or anything, he just enjoys pissing off Jacob and I am a easy way to do that. 

"Stay away from him" Jacob warns me

"ya" I nod my head in agreement and he keeps driving. 

We walk in the party and the music is loud and Jacob yells in my ear over the music. "I'm going to get a drink" I nod and he moves past me. I walk around when I bump into someone. I look up and see Will 

"You made it" I yell, 

"Ya, I am just waiting to learn more about this game" 

"I told you, we don't talk about it" I say a little harshly. 

"Then how the hell do we start" He comes back a little harshly

"You will know" That is all I say before I walk away. The music is so loud I can't even think. I walk outside and walk towards the tree line to get away from the weed smell. On my way I see Alina. She is two years older then us, she competed in Instinct and lost, and now she doesn't have a job, she is just stuck, stuck in this town. 

I keep on walking. I finally reach the trees and I slump aganist one. 

"Look who it is" Ethan comes walking to me. I stand up straight, he makes me feel a little uneasy. 

"why aren't you with the party" I ask stepping back a little

He steps forward, "I could ask you the same thing" he takes another step. He looks a little drunk, but sober enough to not slur. 

"Well it is your party" I step back "You should probalay be in there" I point out. 

"Good point, but I would rather be out here" another step, and I take one backwards, but my back hits a tree. "With you" He is standing very close now. 

"Ethan, this has been fun, but I better get back to Jacob" I try to move away by his hand grips my arm so tight it's going to leave a mark, 

"Fun? we haven't even started yet" His hand grabs my shirt and he starts to take it off. I try to push him off, but I can't, so I scream

"HELP, HELP, HEl-" His hand goes over my mouth muffling my screams. My shirt is now on the forest floor, leaving me in my shorts and bra, his hand his touching me and I am pushing and kicking, but nothing is working. 

Finally my mind goes blank, I am scared, so so scared. I can't think, I can't think about what is about to happen, I am so scared and my Instinct has kicked in. My Instinct is to block it out. 

"Anna?" That voice, "Annabeth?" My mind snaps back in, and I start fighting again

"HELP" I get out just a little scream, and before I know it Ethan is ripped off me. 

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER" Ray is standing over a scared Ethan and I am frozen. Ray starts punching and punching him, over and over. I don't even know when he as stopped, but I hear him, 

"Annabeth? Annabeth" He is holding me, his eyes look scared, I wonder what I look like. 

I look down at my bare stomach and un buttoned shorts. His eyes follow mine. "Shit" he whispers. "What did he do" He holds my face in his hands "Did he..." He can't say it. I have never seen Ray with this much feelings, this worried about anyone. 

I shake my head no, "he- he didn't get that far" It barely comes out. 

"ok, ok, we are going to call-" 

I shake my head so fast, "no, no, no" I say it fast 

"ok, ok" He says again

"Don't call anyone" I whisper, I look up and hold eye contact, "You can't tell anyone" He looks at me confused. "Please" I beg. If this gets out it will only turn bad for me, Ethan is the son of rich lawyers, I will get taken down for this. I don't need colleges seeing this either. 

"Ok, I won't tell anyone" I nod, then a tear falls down my face, I am trembling with fear and I am cold. 

"Ok then, here is what I am going to do" He speaks calm but strong, "We are going to clean you up, and we are going to walk back towards the party, and I will take you home" I nod. 

He lowers his hands and I flinch a little, "Can I-" I nod before he finishes. He buttons my pants then steps back and takes of his shirt. He puts his shirt on me and smooths out my hair. 

"Ok you ready?" I nod and he puts his arm around me and we walk towards the party 

"Wait" as soon as it comes out of my mouth his stops, 

"what's wrong" 

"Jacob, he" his eyes roll as soon as his name leaves my mouth, but I continue, "He wanted me to go home with him tonight, but I-I can't" I say the last part quietly. 

"He won't see us, I will take you home" 

"But..." I start, "Never mind thank you" 

"No, tell me, what is it" 

I sigh, "He will go over to my house to pick me up, I know he will" 

He doesn't hesitate, "Ok then you will stay with me, I am alone anyways" Rays dad is in jail and his brother is who knows. 

"No I can't-" 

"It wasn't a question" We make it to the front of the house, and he gives me his helmet. "Hold on" I wrap my arms around his stomach and he drives.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 12.8K 32
Athulya Singhania has spent her entire life in solitude, yearning for the love of a family. Over the years, she mastered the art of concealing her em...
46.3K 1.3K 7
فَتاه قوية و لكِن القدر أقوى مِنها غدرت مِن اقرب الناس ، تعذبت و ضلمت مِن اشباه الرِجال كانت تحب لكن طعنت فدخل رجال آخر رغما عِنها هل ستقع في الحُب...
105K 3.5K 57
𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐘𝐀𝐑𝐃 "𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚎. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝...
150K 31.2K 98
Title - Dangerous Personality Author - Mu Gua Huang MC- Xie Lin x Chi Qing Chapter 161 + 2 extras ထူးဆန်းသည့် ပြန်ပေးဆွဲမှုတစ်ခုအပြီးတွင် ချီချင်းတစ်...