Dearly Detested (Completed)

By lemonmintdrink

This standalone story follows the journey of two morons - Arnav and Khushi as they navigate from childhood be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 2.3
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
NOT AN UPDATE
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 6

332 28 23
By lemonmintdrink

A/N -

Thanks for all your love and support.

I have a couple of other stories on my profile. Do check it out if you are interested.

(1) Pink Hope

The story follows two individuals who lost their spouse and their journey to recovery and better life.

(2) The Heart is a Mirror (Upcoming - Dec 2023)

Khushi and Arnav were arranged to get married since their childhood, due to business reasons. However, neither of them want this marriage. The story unfolds from their engagement day.

(3) Dearly Detested - Ongoing

Follow the journey of childhood enemies/ best friends to husband & wife.

(4) You Are My Destiny - Completed

The story follows two enemies turnt best friends turnt roommates suddenly become parents to an infant and get married for the sake of the baby.

(5) Dance With the Devil - Completed

First iteration of 'You Are My Destiny'

(6) Unexpected Love - Completed

Two idiots are arranged to be married. A doctor and IT professional are getting married. Follow their crazy journey as these stranger turn into husband & wife.

My book series..!!

(7) Arranged Love series

· First book - Perfect Marriage (Completed)

· Second book - Beginning of Love (Completed)

· Third book - You and I together?(Upcoming)

(If you are looking for a story closer to the timelines of show IPKKND - you can check out the below story:)

(8) The Key To My Heart - Completed

This story follows the timeline of the show IPKKND. However, soon after the marriage contract expires, Khushi disappeared .What happens if star-crossed lovers meet after 5 years?Can their pain and betrayal surpass their love? It's my first story that was sitting on my drafts from 2019 and so my writing is not great.

Date published- 17 Nov 2023

(NOW BACK TO THE STORY)

Next day saw both Arnav and Khushi along with their teams work together trying to finalize the project plan.

Arnav knew every random medical shit about Khushi. So, when Khushi had an allergic reaction to some flowers that were in the meeting room, Arnav just pulled out some random ass medicine like he carries around all the time.

Aman - "Do you just carry this around? Like all the time!"

Arnav simply nodded and nonchalantly replied - "Yep, just in case of this exact eventuality."

During lunch, it was buffet style where they had to plate themselves. Khushi spotted her favourite dessert but as she got closer to dessert, there was only one piece of brownie left. She was secretly praying that no one takes her piece. But what happened? Well, that hippopotamus took it. Yes, Arnav who was in line before her, took it and smirked as he walked past her.

Aman looked at Arnav who was getting the lunch in front of him. Arnav acted like he doesn't care about anything but Aman has seen the way he looks at Khushi since his college days and on how Arnav has always had a soft spot for Khushi.

As Khushi sat with her colleagues for lunch in the cafeteria, Arnav walked up to her and placed that brownie on her plate (and walked away to dine with his colleagues)and her colleagues were gushing at the scene. Totally fangirls of this couple!  Afterall, Arnav was all shades of green but greener than green can get and nothing can explain how green he is.

Her colleague cheered - "You are so lucky that your husband adores you."

Another colleague added - "It's very clear. We can see from the way he looks at you. Clearly."

Khushi wondered- "How does he..look at me?"

Her colleague chimed in - "like he's helplessly falling in love."

Later that day, Arnav and Khushi were having dinner at Arnav's parent's place. Of course, the two ended up bickering over something silly. But, Arnav's parents could see that something had changed between these two. But they couldn't pinpoint what it was.

Khushi - "Excuse me! Unlike you, I'm a limited edition. You, on the other hand, are a prototype. No wonder they (referring to Arnav's parents) had to correct all bugs & defects and that's why they have a version after you!" (referring to Akash)

Arnav's parents looked at each thinking 'these two have started it again!'

Arnav - "That's not true! As soon as you were born, you were enough chaos of a tsunami in their life. And they didn't want yet another man-made natural calamity. They (referring to Khushi's parent) couldn't dare to create yet another menance."

Khushi - "I was hoping for a battle of wits but it would be wrong to attack someone who's totally unarmed!!!!"

Arnav - "I'd tell you to fuck yourself, but that would be cruel and unusual punishment."

Khushi whispered to Arnav -"Why don't you fuck me instead?" looking straight into his eyes. Arnav could not tell if she was being serious or playful. Neither could Khushi herself.

Arnav leaned closer towards Khushi and whispered in her ear - "If you could just stop yelling at me for one second, I could show you a much more fun and productive use for that mouth of yours." And Khushi felt goosebumps all over her body.

And that was when, those two just realized what happened and continued their dinner in silence, making his parents wonder what happened so suddenly. 

(Next day)

Arnav and Khushi woke up late that Sunday morning.

Khushi woke up Arnav and whispered - "I'm hungry."

Arnav - "Well what am I supposed to do about that?"

Khushi - "Can.. can we.. make.. pancakes..?"

Arnav groaned and rolled his eyes - "Sure."

He made a big bowl of batter and cooked a ton of pancakes with all her favorite flavours, especially her most favourite - chocolate chip pancake. He went up to Khushi to wake her up but Khushi was still really sleepy so she sit up and stretched out her arms to him with pleading eyes and Arnav had to give in to her cute antics and carried her to the bathroom, to brush her teeth.

As they ate the pancake, they sat on their balcony and just enjoy the morning.

Neither of them wanted to talk about that kiss or that table talk of yesterday. It was like they were everything in their power to avoid those topics and walking around in egg shells.

(Next day)

This Monday had exhausted Arnav, and he didn't want to think about anything anymore. He just wanted to snuggle into his warm blanket and sleep off.

After dinner, he found Khushi searching for something in her cupboard.

Arnav -"what are you searching for?"

Khushi -"Packet of sanitary napkins."

Arnav - "You needed it? I thought you had already bought it"

Khushi - "Well, no. I even put it on the grocery list for thsi month!"

Arnav - "I didn't think I needed the list!"

Khushi - "you clearly did!" followed by annoyed "idiot!"

Arnav quickly grabbed his wallet and walked to the nearest supermarket to buy some sanitary napkins for Khushi. Sleep can wait!

(Back in the supermarket)

Arnav knew what packet and style of sanitary pads Khushi uses. While passing through to get the billing counter, he passed by the snacks counter. He grabbed a basket and filled it up with Khushi's favourite, and proceeded to the billing counter, not before getting an ice cream for himself as a treat.

Lavanaya who had been secretly watching Arnav shopping, pretended that she just happened to find him here and greeted him, to which Arnav just gave a curt nod.

He was in a rush to get home to his wife! His crazy psychotic wife...

(Next day - after work - back home)

Arnav was watching cricket match while Khushi was making some dinner for them.

Arnav - "Koki! Bring me some chips!"

Khushi - "Maybe if you ask nicely.."

Arnav - "Oh wonderful and talented Khushi, please bring me some crispy snakcs so that I might behold your beauty!

Khushi threw a packet of chips at Arnav - "That's more like it."

(One week later - morning)

Khushi was banging on the door when Arnav was busy in the bathroom -"I told you I have a meeting in an hour! Get out of the bathroom!"

Arnav, hair dripping wet and a towel wrapped over his lower half -"God, Woman, let me shower in peace!"

Khushi was replaced with a new guy since her boss had managed to find a resource for this AI project. She was assigned to a different project instead.

All week, during work, Arnav couldn't help but miss working with Khushi. She had also been on his mind and he couldn't make it go away. He enviably compared the new guy to Khushi and the two were poles apart.

Today, during lunch, one of Khushi's team asked him a rather interesting question and that left him in a little vulnerable place.

***Flashback**

They were having a chatty lunch. Arnav stared at the raw tomato on his place and recalled on how much Khushi hated them and the fact that her favourite chocolate brownie was there on menu as desert, only wound his heart further.

And then was when one of Khushi's colleagues asked him - "Dr. Arnav, describe Khushi as a flavour."

Arnav - "Well, that's an interesting question."

He thought about it for a few seconds and replied -"Grape lime." Without a moment of doubt

Everyone laughed since they had thought that he would say something sweet and definitely not something sour. Some from Arnav's team even thought that he would brush off the question.

Seeing everyone's curious look on their face, Arnav continued - "For those who have tried grape lime flavour, you all are missing up (**laughing nervously since he felt all eyes were on him**). The grape flavour is interesting on its own. While it may be initially sour, with time, it can turned into wine, which is an acquired taste for many. Lemon on the other hand, can make or break a dish or juice. Too much of lemon can make the dish sour. However, just the perfect amount of lemon, truly enhances the dish. Now, putting grape and lemon, while it may sound weird to all, it is unique flavour that many may initially reject since it sounds weird. However, if you are truly willing to take that risk, you will realise that it's not bad afterall and maybe a great taste. That's Khushi. She maybe come off as aloof and independent but once you get to know her... truly.. you will see what a great person she is. So, yeah, I think grape lime suits her."

***Flashback ends****

As he walked back home, Arnav wondered as to why he compared Khushi to his favorite drink.

In fact, he would always get this drink whenever and wherever possible. It was weird thinking in that way but maybe there's some truth in it. Only God knew the answer to that.

But seriously to that sour drink???

CHAPTER INSPIRATIONS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 13K 41
A story based on the characters of Indian TV series Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Not related to the series, so can be read as an independent story too...
375K 14.7K 45
Arnav and Khushi are in deep love but time will do them apart as incidents fall in place but they will find happiness and closure as clarifications a...
52.1K 3.2K 22
A simple Arshi Story
155K 5K 10
A little take on the arrange marriage of Arnav and Khushi. A light hearted story, few nok jhoks and some romance :)