Reflections in Ice (Fairy Tai...

By Silver-Tigress

17 year old Reina Evans Walker returns from a year long mission to find that Fairy Tail has a new member name... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 23

88 3 0
By Silver-Tigress

Third Person's P. O. V:

Explosions and grunts of pain ring throughout the dark guild, the moon high in the sky.

"What the hell?!" A dark wizard of the Black Briar guild. He's kicked on his back by a blue haired, blue eyed girl.

"She's just a girl! Get her!" A man shouts before trying to fire a blast of Light Magic at Reina. She dodges and activates her eyes.

Reina focuses her eyes on the remaining few members of the Black Briar guild. They cry out in fear. "I heard you Black Briar members know of the location of the Dark Wings guild. Tell me where it is, and I'll spare you."

"N-Never!" Says the man who spoke earlier.

Reina dashes towards him and glares deathly. "Tell me! Lunar Eclipse Eyes: Lunacy."

The man becomes even more fearful, screaming. "I-I'll tell you! J-Just stop!" Reina cancels the spell but keeps her grip on him, her blue eyes hard. "I-I know where the Dark Wings guild is!"

He gives her the location and directions. She spares him a hard glance before turning on her heels and stalking out of the dark guild.

It's been about two months since she left Fairy Tail and has heard about how Phantom Lord attacked them because of Lucy and that Team Natsu had had a run-in with dark wizards at Akane Resirt. They'd nearly lost Erza because of her childhood friend who turned out to be a spy in the Magic Council.

Reina hopes everyone will be alright.

❄️❄️❄️

Reina hides behind a bush outside the Dark Wings guild, deep in a forest near a town in Fiore. It took her a week to get here.

"There it is," She mutters, eyes narrowed. "My itotou is in there somewhere."

She's about to sneak her way in but pauses and dives to the side just in time to avoid a punch from behind.

"I missed her!" Grunts a man. Reina rolls up on her knees and faces her attacker. It was three men, one of them with a visible Dark Wings guild symbol on their arm, a pair of wings.

"What's a girl like you doing here?" He demands.

"I'm looking for my brother, Eric Walker," Replies Reina as she gets to her feet.

"He's your brother? Too bad, because you won't be able to see him," Huffs a second dark mage before the three of them attack Reina.

❄️❄️❄️

Reina glances at her nasty arm and leg wounds she'd received from the dark wizards. She'd barely managed to get out there with her life and found a nearby town to get her wounds treated.

Once they were fully healed, she'd go back to Fairy Tail.

Reina's P. O. V:

I walk into the bustling city of Magnolia, and remember why it's so much more livelier around this time.

The Miss Fairy Tail contest and the Fantasia Parade are coming up. The contest is where all the Fairy Tail girls show off their talent with their magic and the winner gets a big lot of money for a prize.

I see a group of people ahead and go up to them. Natsu is moaning about while looking for food with Happy. Lucy and Gray are mingling with Warren, a Telepathy Magic user, and a blue haired girl I don't recognise.

Natsu has his arms folded behind his head as he walks beside Lucy.

I greet my guild mates, waving, "Hey, guys! Long time no see, huh?"

"REI!!" My teammates yell, whirling to face me.

I grin at them. "Miss me?"

Natsu says, "You bet! And, look! Warren's also back!"

"Hi, Rei!" He greets, waving.

"Warren! Wasn't expecting to see you here."

He tells me, "Yeah, well, I just got back from my job. Heard you went to look for your brother again. Any luck?"

I say as my smile fades, "I was this close but was ambushed by some Dark Wings members. None of them were my brother, though." My guild mates stare at me in shock.

"Your brother?" Asks the blue haired girl curiously.

I nod as I reply, "Yes. We got separated as kids when a dark guild destroyed our home, and I've been looking for him ever since."

I start to feel danger coming from the blue haired girl. She has a deathly aura swirling around her. The girl has long wavy blue hair and midnight blue eyes.

"And who's this? I don't think I've seen her before..."

Gray explains, "This is Juvia Lockser, a former member of Phantom Lord. After we fought, she decided to join Fairy Tail. So did Gajeel Redfox."

I was surprised by that.

Juvia gets right in my face as she growls at me, "Romantic Rival!!"

I start at the harshness of her tone before I whisper to Lucy, "What's this about me being her romantic rival?"

The blonde responds, "Don't ask. It's better if you tried to ignore her about it." I nod my head in agreement.

I gaze at Juvia who's still glaring daggers at me. Gray starts as he explains, voice full of exasperation, "She's been like this since the Phantom Lord incident... Juvia can't seem to take no for an answer." Gray flicks his gaze to Juvia. "I did tell her you and I were dating."

"Juvi...?!" The girl seems to grow really pale at that, as she gapes at me.

Gray tells her, "We are. We started two months ago. I did try to tell you, didn't I?"

Juvia seems to be at a loss for words.

Happy floats to me as he demands, "Did you bring me back a fish, Rei-chan?!"

I giggle as I reach into my blue backpack and pull out a wrapped package. "Sure did!"

Happy drools as he takes it from me and says, "Yummy fishy! Thanks a bunch! You're the best, Rei-chan!"

We hug before he goes to show the others the package in his arms.

Warren asks me curiously, in an effort to break the awkward silence, "So, are you gonna enter the Miss Fairy Tail contest again, Rei?"

"Again?" Lucy wonders.

Gray tells her, "Rei has won the contest every other time."

"Wow!" Lucy murmurs, gazing at me.

I reply to Warren's question, "Sure!" I throw him a thumbs up and a wink.

Gray asks Lucy and Juvia, "So, are you girls going to enter, too?"

"You know, now that you mention it, Gray, I am supposed to be in something else, too, other than the Fantasia Parade..." Lucy taps a finger to her chin thoughtfully. She gasps sharply once she remembers and exclaims, "I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE MISS FAIRY TAIL CONTEST!!"

My and Gray's eyes jerk wide when Lucy grabs my arm and takes off at a run. "COME ON, REI-CHAN! WE CAN'T BE LATE!" Lucy screams frantically, dragging me behind her, "MY RENT MONEY...!!!"

I mentally give a large sweat drop at that.

❄️❄️❄️

Lucy, and I made it to Fairy Tail just in time. I was attacked with hugs from some of the other members and I'd given my report to the master.

She'd changed into her outfit. I manage to find out a black gothic dress with spaghetti straps and black heels from my house on the way to the guild hall before I bumped into my teammates. I was going to sing a song while I used my Arc of Reflection Magic.

A banner is pinned to the gate leading into the guild hall that reads, "Miss Fairy Tail Contest" in big colourful writing.

Max stands on the stage, holding a microphone. He's wearing a blue tuxedo suit with a big red tie around his neck.

Max's voice floats loudly over the microphone to the huge crowd gathered in the mess hall, "The long wait is finally over, ladies and gentlemen!" The crowd cheers loudly. "Welcome to the one and only Miss Fairy Tail Contest, where your favourite Fairies vie for the battle of beauty! I'm Max Malores, sand wizard extraordinaire, and I'll be your host for this exciting event!"

I peek through the curtain and spot Elflam, Happy, Natsu, and Gray sitting at a table near the front. I hear Gray mumble to the pinkette, who's eating a chicken leg, "I expected Elfman to be here, but why you?"

As Natsu continues chewing, the white haired man responds simply, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, "Because!! He's a man!"

I giggle a little at that and pull back inside the curtain. It's obvious that Natsu-kun is here for Lu-chan. I turn to find Erza-nee backstage. I grin as I say, "Erza!" She glances at me and smiles. "You're entering, too?"

I go over to her as Erza replies, nodding her head once, "Yes, of, course!" Erza flicks her gaze up and down over my appearance. "That's a nice dress."

"Thanks!" I wink at her.

Max's voice floats out again, "Now, let's meet entry Number 1, the exotic beauty who will drink you under the table any day of the week! Cana Alberona!!"

The crowd cheers loudly.

I peer out from the side of the stage to see the brunette striking a pose. She has her blue bag draped over her shoulders; it's the bag that holds her magic cards. Her black Fairy Tail guild mark is displayed on the left side of her abdomen.

Max cries, arching over backward, "Now, bust out some magic, and show us your stuff!!"

Smirking, Cana chuckles as she whips out a bunch of magic cards, and they all start swirling around her body.

"She's sent her deck spinning!" The light brown haired man states. "What could she be doing behind all those cards?!"

A bright light flares out from the cards spinning around Cana. When I disappears, the Card Magic user is revealed to be wearing a green and orange striped bikini outfit that shows off her toned midsection.

Max squeals excitedly, "SHE'S CHANGED INTO A SWIMSUIT!!"

Cana smirks at the crowd at she states, "The prize money can cover my tab! Hmhm!"

I feel someone peer out from above me and Lucy's surprised voice squeals softly as she stares at Cana with a stunned expression, "A swimsuit?! No fair!"

I feel more surprised when Erza peers out from next to me, also surprised by Cana's boldness, "That's a clever idea! Maybe I should do the same."

Lucy and I cry out in surprise, and we glance at the redhead. Lucy gasps, "You're in this, too?!"

With a smug look on her face, the redhead replies, "Whenever I hear the word "contest" I get all worked up!"

Lucy mumbles in a depressed tone as anime tears pour down her face, and she waves, "Bye bye rent money...! It's over for me!"

Max calls, "On to entry Number 2!! She may be new to the guild, but her magic is S-class! A radiant beauty in rain or shine..." He sweeps his arm toward the next participant. "... JUVIA LOCKSER!!"

Juvia throws her arms forward and waves pour from her body. When they vanish, the water mage is revealed to be wearing a blue and white polka dot bikini outfit with a tropical beach background. Her light blue Fairy Tail guild mark is located on her left thigh.

Juvia got an even louder cheer as Max says, "And the lovely lady is all set for a fabulous day at the beach!!"

Her midnight blue eyes shining, Juvia squeals, "Look at me, Gray!! Do you like what you see?!"

With my eyes angry white triangles and steam puffing from my ears, I exclaim in disbelief as I wave my arm about with my fist clenched, "Another swimsuit?! Give me a break!"

Erza hums in agreement as she and Lucy both nod.

"Next up is entry Number 3! Fairy Tail's famous centrefold. Her beauty has stolen the hearts of men and women all over the land..." Max leaps away as he cries, "MIRAJANE!!"

The white haired beauty waves as she smiles at the crowd who cheer loudly for her.

Gesturing to her, Max calls, "Now, show us your stuff!!"

Mira states, "My speciality is Transformation Magic, so I'll show you a new side of me." Waving her hands in front of her face, Mira transforms her head into Happy. "This is my Happy Face! Aye!"

The crowd looks stunned, probably because they haven't been expecting that from Mira, and Max is jaw dropping in shock. Mira changes her head to that of Gajeel's.

"Here's my Gajeel Face!" She grumbles, sounding just like the Iron Dragon Slayer.

Gajeel gawks at that.

Happy laughs, enjoying himself. Gray mutters, "Well, I'm glad at least someone's enjoying this..."

Natsu is eating a stick of bread.

Elfman utters as he gasps in disbelief, staring at his sister, "She's a man...?!"

I say with a smug look, a hand over my mouth, "Oh, well! Less competition for me!"

Erza and Lucy nod their agreement. I could've never hoped to have won against Mira if she'd done something else.

"Entry Number 4, The Fairy Queen who needs no introduction!" Lucy and I gasp at that as Erza perks up.

"That's my cue!!" The redhead jumps to her feet and races on stage, performing a front flip. She lands on her feet, facing the crowd.

"ERZA SCARLET!!"

I cheer loudly for my friend with the crowd. I know she's my competition as well, but I can't help it!

Lucy murmurs, "Wow, she's really popular!"

"Definitely!" I say in agreement, as I silently wonder what she's going to do.

With a smug look, Erza tells the crowd, "Hehe, let me show you a Requip you don't get to see everyday!" With a grunt of exertion and a big puff of pink smoke, the redhead has transformed into a goth Lolita black dress, and her hair has been pulled into a ponytail, held up by a black bow.

Lucy and I squeal in stunned disbelief, throwing up our arms as our eyes widen, "GOTHIC LOLITA...?!?!"

How am I supposed to beat that?!

Erza smiles cockily at the crowd when they let out thunderous roars. She murmurs, smirking, "Looks like I win!"

Macao mutters with a stunned expression, "Never thought I'd see her dressed like that..."

"Hmm, oui," Reedus agrees, nodding.

Levy stands next to the Sand Magic user as he gestures to her and calls to the crowd, "And here is entry Number 5, the dean of cute! This fairy is as smart as she is charming! Let's hear it for Levy Mcgarden!"

Jet and Droy cheer for her the loudest.

"Let me show you my Solid Script! Ha!!" With a grunt of exertion and a sweep of her right arm, the blue haired mage casts a spell through a pale blue magic circle that appears in front of her chest. Words such as snow, iron, flowers and butterfly appear around Levy.

She laughs as the crowd bursts into cheers, but of course, her teammates cheer the loudest with hearts appearing in their mouths.

Next up is Bisca Mulan. She's also wearing a purple bikini. For her performance, Bisca shoots a magic bullet through four gold coins that have heart designs on them, right in the centre, and the crowd cheers. Alzac had cried "That's hot!!" with big pink hearts in his eyes.

Lucy murmurs questioningly, "How can I top that?"

I murmur in agreement, "Bisca's aim is pretty awesome."

Max then calls, "Let's move on to entry Number Seven!" I perk up at that, blinking my eyes a few times. "Much like Erza, this young fairy doesn't need much introduction because she's reknown by gorgeous looks!"

"Now, it's my turn!!" I say with fierce determination, hearing the celestial mage gasp softly. I walk out onstage and wave to the crowd, a microphone in hand.

Almost as soon as I get there, the entire crowd explodes into cheers and applause that shakes my eardrums. Gray was cheering the loudest. I think I see some men with hearts in their eyes.

I hear Lucy utter, "Wow!! Rei-chan is just as popular as Erza! Maybe even more popular..."

I smile and wave to the crowd, seeing Gray perk up when he spots me on stage.

"Hello, Fairy Tail!!" I call happily, and the crowd seems to cheer louder. "Today, I have a song for you all!"

I flick my left hand to gesture for the music to start playing.

Soon, my melodic voice floats out around the room.

"Seems like we're holding on forever
I gotta let it go
And time's up, you pushed me to surrender tonight
Who knows what's happens now, whatever
Wherever the wind blows
And I'm there as long as we're together
Alright
Let's have the time of our lives
Like there's no one else around
Just throw your hands up high
Even when they try to take us down
We'll have the time of our lives
'Til the lights burn out
Let's laugh until we cry
Life is only what you make it now
Let's have the time of our lives"

As I sing and dance, I make my Lunar Eclipse Eyes briefly appear before they return to normal. The crowd murmurs at that.

"Dreamers don't care if its right
I think I'm really into you
Restless, lets leave it all behind tonight
Crazy when you cross my mind
Oh, the trouble we could get into
So what? Let's just give this a try
Alright
Let's have the time of our lives
Like there's no one else around
Just throw your hands up high
Even when they try to take us down
We'll have the time of our lives
'Til the lights burn out
Let's laugh until we cry
Life is only what you make it now
Let's have the time of our lives
Looking back, what are we waiting for?
Take the chance, now's all we got for sure"

My Eye Magic makes a reappearance once again, and the crowd points and murmurs before my eyes return to their natural blue colour.

The crowd cheers even louder.

"Let's have the time of our lives
Like there's no one else around
Just throw your hands up high
Even when they try to take us down
We'll have the time of our lives
'Til the lights burn out
Let's laugh until we cry
Life is only what you make it now
Let's have the time of our lives"

I finish the song while stroking a pose with a wink.

All the guys in the audience jump to their feet and clap and cheer even louder than before, nearly bursting my eardrums again.

I don't think any of them were cheering louder than Gray, though.

"Thank you, thank you!" I call, waving, smiling widely.

I exit the stage and put the microphone down. As I go to stand with the other girls, however, I was suddenly frozen in place and could no longer move.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Max calls out, "And now for entry Number 8, Fairy Tail's rising star!"

Lucy peeks out from the side of the stage. She clenches her left hand as she utters determinedly, "Here we go!"

Max adds, grinning as he holds up his free arm, "She shines as brightly as the spirits that guide her way! Lucy Heart—!"

"NOOO....!! PLEASE DON'T SAY MY LAST NAME OUT LOUD!!" Lucy abruptly appears and waves her arms about frantically as she cuts off Max's introduction.

A couple of the people wondered who Lucy is and mutters that she's cute. The celestial mage beams sheepishly as she waves at the crowd.

Max tells Lucy, holding his hand out toward her, "Now, show us what you got!!"

Lucy says a little timidly, gripping her hands behind her back, "Me and my Celestial Spirits are gonna do a cheer for you guys!" She pulls out two pink pom poms, and throws up the right one.

The crowd cheers, throwing up their fists.

Suddenly, a strangely familiar female voice reaches everyone's ears, "Entry Number 9!"

While Max looks around frantically, Lucy grumbles frustratedly that she hasn't even done her cheer yet as she strikes poses with her pom poms.

"I am the very definition of fairy."

Lucy whips around and stares at the woman with light brown hair. It was Evergreen, one of Laxus' bodyguards.

The brown haired woman holding a purple fan lined with white fur to her face steps forward as she adds, "Not to mention, the very definition of beauty! I'm the only woman here that embodies everything men desire, therefore, the winner is... Me, the lovely Evergreen! Now! This idiotic contest can end!"

Lucy squeals in fright and shock at that, her eyes bugging in shock.

"Whoa, she's back?!" Gray gasps in surprise as they stare at Evergreen, their eyes wide.

Elfman states, "Then, Laxus must be here, too."

With her eyes angry white triangles, Lucy demands the older woman in a flustered tone, large red tick marks throbbing on her head, "Can't you go mess up a different contest?! Give me a break here; I really need this prize money!!"

The Fullbuster shouts warningly at the blonde, his eyes filled with worry, "Lucy! Don't look her in the eye!"

She gasps in confusion, stepping back. Evergreen reaches up and lifts her glasses off her nose, as she asks Lucy with a smirk, "I'm sorry! What was your name?"

Evergreen's eyes flash gold. Lucy gasps sharply, and a second later, her body is turned to stone. Gray, Max, and Makarov gape at Lucy in both fear and worry.

The crowd demands to know what's going on, and wonders if it's a part of a magic trick.

Max murmurs, "This is bad..." He then sweeps his arm toward the crowd as he shouts into the mic, "Everyone, get out of here! Now!!"

The crowd didn't need more encouraging than that. They ran, screaming, from the guild hall. Elfman, Gray and Happy step forward and face Evergreen,

Stepping toward the stage, Gramps demands, "What do you think you're doing, Evergreen?! You'll ruin the festival for everyone."

The woman chuckles gleefully, and states, looking back at us as she grins, "On the contrary! I think things are just getting interesting."

The curtain is lifted and everyone gasps. The girls who'd participated in the contest had also been turned to stone. Even Reina and Erza.

"No, Mira...!" Elfman gasps fearfully.

"She got Erza and Rei, too...?!" Gray exclaims, his deep blue orbs wide.

Makarov demands sternly, "Don't be a fool! Return them to normal this instant!"

He looks up with a gasp when gold lightning strikes down and hits the floor. A second later, Laxus appears, grinning smugly. He states in way of greeting, "Well! Looks like all your fans decided to head home." Laxus straightens his back as he adds, "Pity! 'Cause the party's about to start!"

Master growls under his breath, "I should've known!"

Gray gasps when he glances to his right. A young man with long green hair tied in a low ponytail, his bangs draping over his right eye leans against a wooden pillar with his arms crossed over his chest. He has a sword strapped to his left waist.

Gray murmurs in puzzlement, "Freed!" He glances to his left. A man wearing a black and white striped outfit with a helmet visor covering the top half of his face, leaving only the bottom half visible, leans against the wall with his right arm resting against a pillar, and his tongue sticking out of his mouth. On his tongue is a black Fairy Tail guild mark. Five wooden tiki dolls float around him.

The Ice Make Magic user utters, "Bickslow, too?!"

Macao breathes in surprise, "The Thunder Legion...!"

Wakaba demands, "What the heck are you guys trying to pull?!"

Laxus says eagerly, "Come on!! Let's have some fun!"

Makarov states seriously, "I've had about enough of your nonsense!" Laxus just keeps smirking widely. "Turn them back, or else!"

"You'd better play nice if you want these ladies to join the parade," Laxus says warningly. My eyes widen when gold lightning flickers above Lucy's head.

Makarov exclaims, his eyes dilated, "No, stop!!"

The lightning bolt strikes the floor beside Lucy, just narrowly missing her. Gray and Elfman grit their teeth and jerk forward, glaring at Laxus.

The blonde man steps over to Lucy and drapes an arm casually over her shoulders. He adds, smirking at his grandfather, "In other words, I'm taking all of them hostage. Break the rules, and I'll shatter these chicks one by one. Or I could just smash 'em all right now."

Makarov growls in frustration, "I'm not amused, Laxus; stop fooling around!"

"I'm serious, old man."

Freed leaps down beside Evergreen. He says with a hint of curiosity, "I've always wondered who is the strongest in the guild. Now it's time to find out."

Bickslow lands on Laxus's right with his dolls floating around him. He says in agreement, "Yeah, lets have some fun!!"

The dolls echo his last word, "Fun, fun!"

Laxus explains, "There's only one rule: who's ever left standing in the end is the winner!"

Gray and the others all glare at him, teeth clenched.

"It's a Fairy Tail Battle Royale!!"

Natsu punches the tabletop with his flames and says, grinning eagerly, "Nice and simple; that's just how I like it! I'm fired up, now!!"

Laxus says in a pleased tone, "Glad you could see it my way. If nothing else, you've got the right attitude."

The older Dreyar growls warningly at the pinkette, "Natsu!"

"This is a festival, right? Let's party!"

Warren asks in exaggeration, "Have you already forgotten how badly he beat you the last time you guys went at it?!"

"I was just a kid back then!"

"Whaddya mean?! That was last year!!"

"Yeah, but since then, I've become a man!!" Natsu charges at Laxus, preparing to attack him.

"On the other hand, I think that attitude of yours is going to get you into a world of hurt," Laxus utters. Natsu has leaped into the air, flames dancing around his right fist. "Why don't you sit back down?!"

A bolt of lightning strikes Natsu from above him, and Natsu screams in pain.

Gray says worriedly, blue eyes widening, "Natsu!"

Pressing his hand to the right side of his face, Warren mutters with a sigh in his voice, "I told you so!"

His arms crossed over his chest, the male takeover mage mumbles in disappointment, "He's no man..."

Natsu drops on the floor with a heavy thud, his mouth hanging open as smoke wafts from his head. Happy flies over to Natsu and murmurs, "Poor guy! He was finally feeling better, too!"

Evergreen chuckles, a hand on her hip. She tells us simply, "Naturally, if you want me to turn the girls back to normal, you're going to have to defeat us first."

Bickslow inputs, "But, those odds aren't bad! There's four of us and and a hundred of you guys!"

The dolls repeat that they're laughing at us.

Evergreen states, "You have three hours, and not a second more." She holds up three fingers for emphasis. "After that, these pretty statues of yours will be reduced to dust."

Macao mutters through clenched teeth, "You're kidding me!"

Laxus explains, "All of Magnolia will serve as the battlefield. The fight will begin when, and if, you can find us."

His eyes dilated considerably, his grandfather demands, "Laxus! How could you?!" Makarov grows into a giant as he yells, clenching his fists, "I WON'T STAND FOR THIS!!"

"Now, now!! Simmer down, old man! It's all part of the festival, right?!" A very bright light flares out from Laxus as he turns into a lightning bolt, causing everyone to throw their arms over their faces to protect their eyes. "It'll be fun!!"

Macao utters as Happy whimpers at the extreme brightness, "Can't see!"

"LET THE BATTLE OF FAIRY TAIL... BEGIN!!" The light flares brighter for a moment, and when it finally dies down, Laxus and the Thunder Legion have vanished.

Warren says, "He disappeared!"

Macao states, "So it's high stakes hide and go seek, huh?"

Elfman shouts, his eyes completely white with anger, "Let's go!! We've gotta man-up and save our girls!"

The other men cheer in agreement as they run out of the guild hall, determined expressions on their faces.

Alzac murmurs as he gazes at Bisca, "Bisca. Hold on. I'll do everything I can to save you!" He then turns and runs out of the guild.

Gray gazes at the Arc of Reflection Magic user in worry, his right fist trembling as he clenches it. He was angry at what Laxus has done and will make all of the Thunder Legion pay.

"I'll change you back, no matter what, Rei-chan," Gray murmurs before he whirls around and races out of the guild hall.

Makarov growls, his eyes angry white triangles, "You insolent brat!!" He whirls around and runs for the door. "JUST WAIT! I'LL STOP YOU WITH MY OWN TWO HANDS!!"

The older Dreyar slams into something solid, and something invisible, in the doorway, his eyes widening in confusion and surprise.

Outside the guild hall, Gray pauses and whirls around as he asks, "What's wrong?!"

Makarov replies, "An invisible wall!"

Gray says, "Don't be silly, Gramps! There's nothing here!" He then proceeds to pick up the master and attempt to pull him through.

The ravenette grumbles in confusion, "Man!! What's the deal?!" He looks up and asks, "What's that  floating above us?" He drops the guild master on the ground and takes a step back. There's some kind of purple lettering. "It looks like some kind of writing..."

Makarov murmurs, sitting back on his hands as he gazes at the writing, "It must be one of Freed's Enchantments."

Gray asks, "What do you mean, 'Enchantment'?"

The old man explains, "It's a barrier formed by magic runes. Anyone who steps inside it is bound by its rules and the only way to escape is to follow them."

Gray asks Makarov, "Any idea what it says?"

He furrows his brows again as he focuses on the writing. "Stone statues and anyone over the age of eighty years shall not pass."

Gray utters, glancing at the guild master, "Whoever writes the rules, wins the fight, huh?"

Makarov says, "Perhaps, but Enchantments like these take time to write. As such, they would be useless in a one-on-one battle. Still, as you can see, they're quite effective when set up as traps."

Gray asks, "You're really stuck? You can't break through?"

Makarov responds with a sigh in his voice, "I'm afraid the rules of the Enchantment are absolute."

"Well, I guess that settles it," The ice mage states. He turns away from Makarov. "It looks like we're going to have to go into this fight without you, Gramps."

"I'm sorry."

Gray says firmly, "I won't show mercy, even if Laxus is your grandson. He's gonna pay for this." the ice mage takes off to look for Laxus.

Makarov looks up at the stone girls, letting out a sigh.

He lets out another sigh. Suddenly, Makarov says as he glances to his left, "I see you." Reedus is half hiding behind a pillar. "What's wrong, Reedus?" Makarov asks.

Peering back out from the pillar, the curly haired man stammers fearfully, "W-Well, I'm afraid Laxus is going to hurt me!"

Makarov responds, "It's alright. Why don't you visit Porlyusica in the East Forest?"

"Oui?"

"She may have a potion to cure petrification."

"Oui!" Reedus says determinedly. He approaches Gramps.

Natsu's eyes are fluttering open. When he wakes, Natsu sits bolt upright and screams, his eyes stunned, animated white triangles, "AAAAHHHH!!"

"You're awake!!" The blue furred cat says in relief.

Looking around frantically, the Fire Dragon Slayer exclaims, "Hold on!! Where'd Laxus go?! Actually, where'd everyone go?!"

Makarov jerks his head around in surprise, and murmurs, "Natsu...?!"

He gains a thoughtful expression. Natsu is one of our strongest fighters here. If he became serious, even Natsu could have a chance of beating Laxus!

Natsu and Happy rush over to the old man as the pinkette says, "Gramps! Do you know where everybody else ran off to?!"

Guess Makarov will have to put his faith in his raw talent...

The Dryer states in a firm tone, "Now, listen up! The festival is underway! Laxus is hiding somewhere in Magnolia." Makarov turns halfway from us as he points at the door. "FIND HIM AND BEAT HIM!"

"ALRIIIGGHHTT!!" He runs at the door. "Just you wait La—! Guh!!" Natsu exclaims when he suddenly slams into the invisible wall.

Makarov's eyes bug in their sockets and he gapes at Natsu widely as he cries out in stunned shock, "HUH?!"

"Eh?! What the heck?!" Natsu mutters as red letters flicker across the wall.

             ❄️❄️❄️

Natsu grunts as he continues to try and break through the barrier. Pointing at him, Makarov demands as Happy flies in and out experimentally, "Why can't you get through?! Obviously, you're not a stone statue! Don't tell me you're over eighty?"

Natsu replies, still pressing against the wall, "I don't think so...!"

They look up when more letters appear above them. The Dryer reads, "Battle of Fairy Tail Status Report. What?! It says Jet vs Droy vs Alzac." He clenches his teeth angrily. "Is this some kind of joke?!"

Natsu murmurs in confusion as he gazes up at the writing, "I don't understand why those guys would be fighting against each other..."

                       ❄️❄️❄️

Makarov states as purple lettering appears above them, "The winner is Alzac. Jet and Droy K. Oed."

Natsu hisses, "What?" They all gape at the writing.

Makarov clenches his fists and they tremble in fury as he glares. How could he make his own guild mates fight against each other like this?!

Natsu roars in fury, "STOP THIS STUPID GAME RIGHT NOW... LAXUS!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
1K 47 21
Men believe that the best of people come from the worst of disasters. This is one of those cases. Xavier Shiryu was one of the inhabitants of a peac...
111K 3.2K 38
Lucy Heartfilia, a 17 years old girl and a Celestial Mage of Fairy Tail, has been a daughter of a demon and a human. One day, a female demon named Sh...
24.6K 497 14
Y/N is a secret admirer of Natsu. She always sees him in town and knows all about him. One night when she's heading home for work she is attacked by...