The W. J. Manares' Reader

By wastesjunksandmesses

A Collection of Funny Science Fiction Stories More

Zog
Axiom-5
Botrick
Odd Duo
Captain Mike and the Lunarians
The Throne Of Grease
Buzzo
I Want Uranus!
Smells Like Zaglonux
Cobe
Grandpa's Computer
Where's Yuri?
Cluckzilla and the Disco Chickens
The Quirkies
The Last Living Dinosaur
Sparkles the Dwarf Star
Grand Deception
Quacksville's Rubber Duck Spaceship
Iti and Pukaw
Curing Alienocacophonitis
Lapu-lapu Saves!
Baconitizer 13
Station 69
Pancake Earth
Super Cropman
Sunhell
Wanted: God Wannabes
The Secret Protectors
Invisibility In View
Inactivity Activated
Sight Gag
Flyblown Fly-by
Life In The Milky Way
Captain Nathan and the Crescentaurs
Albescent Lightning
Two Halves
The LASER Legend
Moons Staring
Mars
Mercury
The Cosmic Misadventure of Captain Eddie and the Rubberball Astronauts
Neptune
Nebby Awards
Minimirth
Missing Wolfria
Fishy Situations
Peculiar Project 101
Droughty but with a Chance of Fluffy Marshmallow Snowstorms
The Incredible Power of Photosynthesis

The Psychedelic Shrooms of Fungalum

6 4 0
By wastesjunksandmesses

In the farthest galaxy far, far away, there existed a planet known as Fungalum. This extraordinary planet was home to an array of unique mushroom varieties, each possessing extraordinary properties. These fungi had the most peculiar names and thrived in amusingly diverse corners of Fungalum.

1. Gigglecap: Found deep within the valleys of the Chucklewood, Gigglecaps were reputed to incite uncontrollable fits of laughter in all who consumed them. Even the undead couldn't resist giggling until their bones rattled. They were known for their enchanted sparkle and their ability to make any gathering a riotous affair.

2. Snortling: Hidden within the dense foliage of the Whispering Forest, Snortlings were adored for their vibrant hues and for their ability to release clouds of snickers when disturbed. Legend had it that these mushrooms tickled the senses, their intoxicating laughter resonating through the woods.

3. Jollytop: Though incredibly rare, Jollytops were worth the challenge of finding them in the magical land of Guffawia. These merry mushrooms were said to possess the power of granting anyone who consumed them an uncontrollable urge to dance, creating whimsical dance parties even in the darkest of times.

4. Gigglofungus: Perched playfully atop the mysterious Guffaberry Hills, Gigglofungus mushrooms were known for their ability to release humorous and side-splitting jokes with each bite. Merely being in their presence would infect passersby with bouts of laughter so intense that their sides would ache for days.

5. Chucklemold: Residing on the dizzying slopes of Comedy Mountain, Chucklemolds were treasured for their ability to grow whimsical mustache-like structures on their caps. These bold mushrooms had an extraordinary talent for making uncanny impressions of famous comedians from across the galaxy, making even the undead crack up.

The inhabitants of Fungalum, including quirky aliens and the merry undead, reveled in the mirthful mystique of these delightful mushroom varieties. From grand laughter festivals to comedy clubs that tickled the funny bones of extraterrestrial stand-up enthusiasts, Fungalum was a haven for those seeking unabashed entertainment.

As the sun set over Fungalum, laughter echoed through the night, captivating all who visited. The psychedelic shrooms of Fungalum had a magical way of brightening the galaxy, enticing even the undead into hilarity, and reminding all that laughter truly is the best medicine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281 1 40
I have already filled my previous writing scrapbook consisting of poetry and short stories from past years. This is a collection of all of my short s...
490 4 28
A collection of short stories
14.5K 705 38
A collection of short stories. (Some are better than others lol.) Some were written using prompts x
1.5K 87 32
FULL STORY IS UPLOADED. Free to read After his brother is taken, Ako hesitantly teams up with a foreign girl to go save him from a continent of warri...