You Don't Know ME... (NIklaus...

By SummerRoman

Dear Diary, I came back. I need to know. I need to see this for my own eyes. Her name is Elena Gilbert. She i... More

All About Stefanie
Cast
Where are we?
Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Family Ties
Lost Girls
Haunted
162 Candles

Friday Night Bites

1.6K 79 6
By SummerRoman

So something I changed was how Stefan and Damon were turned. Damon was turned first and then he turned Stefanie. I know this is a huge change. Hope you don't hate me.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Outfit:

"Today will be good," I whisper to myself. I look into the mirror and smile at myself. I pick up my bag and a book.

"Let's have some fun today,"

Mystic Falls High

I see Bonnie and Elena and approach them, "Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Bonnie," I say with a smile.

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later," Bonnie says and leaves. I pout slightly and Elena puts her hand on my shoulder. "Bonnie, wait..." Elena shouts after her. " I don't think she likes me very much," I say, biting the inside of my lip.

"She doesn't know you. She's my best friend. She's just looking out for me. But when she does, she will love you," Elena says comforting the blonde. I smile and look up at her, nodding slightly. I hope that is true. I was pretty close to Emily.

Matt and Tyler are throwing a football around. "Look...there's Elena and her new girlfriend. Now, what are they doing? Oh, they're walking, walking, walking. Yep. Right into the sunset," Tyler said.

"Ughh, I had completely forgotten about Tyler," Rebekah said rolling her eyes. "The asshole almost kills us," The kids state. "He did what?" I whisper looking over at them and arching my eyebrow. "Uh oh, don't worry dad. took care of him," Hope said, under her breath. "Yeah lie to Mum, that always works out,"

"You're a dick," Matt says looking over at the blonde and the brunette. "While you just stand there looking like one of those little yard trolls," Tyler said laughing at his friend's misery. "Gnomes," Matt stated.

"Here's what we're going to do. Are you free tonight?" Elena asks walking closer to the blonde.

"Step away from our mother!" Henrik yelled, wrapping his arms around me. I huffed my mind still on Tyler and ways to torture him once we got back.

"I suppose," Stefanie said, a little blush filling her face. What was going on? She and...Did she like Elena more than just a friend? Thats impossible. Right? "Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00. You, me, and Bonnie. You two will spend some quality time and she'll get to see what a great guy you are. Mission accomplished," Elena said, stepping closer to Stefanie.

"Hey, what am I supposed to do, Ty? She made her choice," Matt said and threw a football at Tyler. "Let her know she made the wrong one," Tyler said catching the football. "What are you doing? Ty, don't. Ty, don't! Ty!" Matt yelled trying to get tryler to back off. Tyler throws the ball at Stefanie, who has her back towards him. She quickly turns around, catches the ball, and throws it back to Tyler. Tyler and Matt are shocked. Elena laughs.

[Inside the school.]

"That throw was insane. I didn't know you played football," Elena said complimenting Stefanie. "I used to. It was a long time ago. My brother taught me," Stefanie said with a faraway look in her eye. "So why don't you try out for the team?" Elena questioned as Stefanie started to walk toward their History class.

"Yeah, I don't think so," Stefanie said laughing and shaking her head. As she throws her arm around her shoulder. "So you don't like football? Is it because of your brother?" Elena asked, trying to understand. Stefanie smiled sadly and shook her head. "No, it is not because of Damon. Honestly, he is the reason why I love it. But in this case, I don't think football likes me. You saw Tyler over there, and we both know how Matt feels," Stefanie said, trying her best to cheer up.

"But hey, maybe cheerleading. I used to be a cheerleader," I said, smiling. "First, really?!" Second, They don't know you. To them, you're a mysterious loner girl. Wouldn't hurt to be part of it. Make some friends," Elena said, leaning into Stefanie's touch. "I have friends. I have you, Caroline, Kat, Lexi, and maybe Bonnie," Stefanie says smiling at Elena. "Let's go to class before we are late. Don't need another reason for Tanner to hate me," Elena says smiling at Stefanie. Though doubt weighs in her mind, why did she name Katherine as one of her friends when Damon implied that Stefanie and she were more than friends?

In history class. Bonnie is writing numbers in her book. "8", "14", "22". "World War II ended in...Anyone got anything? Miss Juan? 1945," Mr. Tanner said, as I took some random notes.  "Psst. FYI...Our team sucks. They could use you," Elena 'whispered' toward me. I chuckled at this.

"Can't," I say, drawing the man who had started to invade my dreams since last night. "Pearl Harbor," Mr. Tanner stated looking around the class. "I'm a loner," I say, giving her a reason, to which she rolls her eyes. "Miss Gilbert?" Mr. Tanner asks. "Hmm?" Elena asks shocked that we were caught.

"How shocking can that really be? You guys weren't even whispering?" Lizzie questions while Josie nods.

"Pearl Harbor?" Mr. Tanner asks, more impatiently. "Um..." Elena looks over at me and I look up from my book. I sigh, "December 7, 1941," I say and go back to sketching. "Thank you, Miss Gilbert," He says, emphasizing the Gilbert part. "Anytime," I said, smirking at him. "Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall," He says looking at the class. "1989. I'm good with dates, sir," I say, feeling a bet coming on.

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act," He says and I stand up and pull a dollar out and walk to the front of the class.

"1964," I say and put it down. He nods understanding pulls out his wallet and puts down a dollar bill. "John F. Kennedy assassination," He said, closing his wallet. "1963," I said, and put down another bill and so does he. "Martin Luther King," He says. " '68," I say with a yawn and put down another bill. "Lincoln," He says more frustrated. "1865. You got anything challenging?" I asked putting down another bill, this time it was five.

"Roe vs. Wade," He said, slapping down a five-dollar bill. waiting for my answer. I wait pretend to ponder, "1973," I said and put down another five bills. " Brown vs. Board," He says slapping down a bill. "1954," I said looking at my pile of money. "The battle of Gettysburg," He says and I can see sweat dripping down his forehead.

"1863," I said bored, and put down a hundred-dollar bill. I hear whispers all around me. Mouths drop agape. I smirk as Mr. Tanner pulls out his last bill, a hundred-dollar bill. "Korean war," He asks his voice low, as he slaps his bill down. If I get this right  win. "1950 to 1953," I said. "Ha! It ended in '52," He says and starts towards the money. "Uh, actually, sir, it was '53," A random student says and I smirk and grab the money and my bag and book and leave as the bell rings.

"So, that's where Henrik gets it from!" Hope exclaims.

[In the hallway.]

"How did you know all of that?" Elena asked, in awe of me. I look at the money and flip through it. Before folding it and putting it in my back pocket.

"Years and years of crossword puzzles. It's a loner thing," I say smirking at her. I go to the football field and watch the boys play. I wanted to be out there. "Oh, my God! You're here!" Bonnie exclaimed shocked to see Elena.

"Yep. I can't be a sad girl forever. The only way to get things back to the way they were is to do things that were. Oh, and you're coming to dinner tonight," Elena says while stretching. "I am?" Bonnie asks, confused.

"It's called tact, Miss. Gilbert," my son said. And I smiled.

"Mm-hmm. You, me and Stefanie. You have to give her a chance," Elena said and I shook my head. "It's called tack, Lena," I mumble under my breath. "Tonight's no good. Have you seen Caroline? I texted her like a hundred times," Bonnie said, looking around for my second favorite blonde.

"Don't change the subject, Bonnie Bennett! You're going to be there," Elena said, Bonnie rolled her eyes and agreed. "Fine. I'll go," she says. "Good," Elena says with a proud smile.

[At the cheerleader's practice.]

"Seriously, where is Caroline?" Bonnie asks Elena. Ok, don't freak out. We hung out last night. Then we went to school. I reminded her, that she wanted to switch classes.

"I don't know. It's not like her," Elena said. "I'll try her again," Bonnie says, pulling out her phone again. Caroline arrives running onto the field. "Uh..." Elena says while Bonnie shrugs and puts her phone away.

"Hope you don't mind. Sorry, I'm late, girls. I, uh, was busy. All right, let's start with the double pike turkey hurdler, what do you say? And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Elena, sweetie, why don't you just observe today? Ok? Keep going! Ok. Do it again from the top. And 5, 6, 7, 8. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,"  Caroline says and starts doing the moves.

Salvatore Boarding House

Stefanie enters his bedroom, throws her bag on her bed, and kicks off her shoes. Before noticing that Damon is there, reading Stefanie's diary.

"Very Emerson, little sister, the way you reveal your soul with so many...adjectives," Damon says with a smirk. Stefanie rips the diary out of his hands. "What are you even doing here?" Stefanie asks him.

"I've come to apologize. I've been doing some thinking, some soul-searching, and...I want us to start over. We need to put the past behind us. You're my little sister, and if you want to live a normal, happy human life, then I want that for you. Maybe I can do it, too. That I can learn to be a non-living living person. Maybe there's hope for both of us," He said trying to keep a straight face but can't do it.

"Just because you don't understand me. That doesn't mean you get to belittle me every chance you get. Because if that's all you do, you are no better than Dad," Stefanie said, walking out a tear falling down her face, as she took a deep breath trying to calm down.

"How dare you make mom cry?" Hope said hugging me. My son just looked over at him with a dangerous look in his eye.

I waited in another room till Damon had left my room to go in and pick out an outfit. I picked up my phone and looked through my contacts.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK THERE? Listen, get your butt away from there as soon as possible. Because if you don't, some bad will happen. Like she will catch a feeling and you being you wont see it and break her heart and then you are screwed. Listen to me, get out or I will drag you out. You have till your B-day. Lots of love, you Dead Best Friend,"

"Did she have to yell the first half?" I mumble. Caroline, I started texting her.

Carebear: hey do you have any plans?

Me: Lena invited me to a dinner party. Mind crashing it, at like,  9:35?

Carebear: Why?

Me: So we can have a Sleep and I can show you Doctor Who!!

Carebear: Fine but you owe me

Me: Deal. Are you still wearing that ankle bracelet I gave you?

Carebear: Yh. You said it was good luck and it was a heirloom from your great-something grandmother's best friend/sister.

[The Dining Room.]

We all sat down at the table eating. "Hey, Bonnie. Why don't you tell Stefanie about your family?" Elena asked trying to get some conversation. "Um, divorced. No mom. Live with my dad," Bonnie said, awkwardly. moving her fork about. "No, about the witches. Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's cool," Elena said trying to boast about her friend.

"Why did she bring that up? I get it was awkward, but still," Josie said, nodding her head.

"Cool isn't the word I'd use," Bonnie said, shaking her head. "Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic druids that migrated here in the 1800s," Stefanie said, trying to make some headway. Since this seemed so important to Elena.

"My family came by way of Salem,"
Bonnie said, informing me. I smiled, "Really? Salem witches?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. "Yeah," Bonnie said.

"I would say that's pretty cool," I said, smirking and looking her in her eyes. "Really? Why?" She asks me staring back. "Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity," I said breaking the competition first.

"Yeah, they are," she said, straightening up. The doorbell rings again. "I wonder who that could be," Elena says and gets up to see. Thank god, I love socializing and everything but this is just like those forced dinner dates Father used to make me due.

Elena opens the door. Caroline and Damon are outside. "Surprise! Stefanie said you were having dinner, so I brought dessert. And this is her brother," Caroline said, walking into the house. "Oh," Is all Elena says as Caroline walks up to me and pulls me out of my seat I pick up my plate, ask Bonnie if she is done, and take hers and legged Elena's. She was still talking to my brother.

"Hope you don't mind, me dropping by," he said, looking at me. "Not at all," I said, with my smile and rubbing my nose. A long time ago, it was my cue for my brother, to 'save' me from conversation, parties, etc. He smiles at me and runs his hand through his hair. his signa; that he understood and would get me out as soon as possible. "Elena, umm. you know my brother is here. I think I should get going," I said, grabbing the cake from Caroline and giving it to Elena and leaving her house. I hear my brother make an excuse for me.

"WOW! You and Mom just left. You guys just straight up left," Josie said, shocked looking at the screen and then her mother. "Oh, yes. My human days. Me and Stef also used something like that to tell each other when we want to get out of somewhere," Caroline said, smiling and looking up at the screen.

Caroline's House

"Ok. So out with. Why didn't you want to stay there?" Caroline asked as she painted one of my fingernails. "A). It was awkward. B). Me and my brother are just not there yet. And C). Doctor Who," I said. She laughed and we ate popcorn and had fun. "Ok, after this season we watch Legally Blonde," She said, and I nodded. "Ok, after the next season, we watch your movie,"

"I did not say that," She said. "Shhh, Donna is about to appear," I said.

"So, that's why we grew up watching Doctor Who?" Lizzie asked. "Probably, me and Stef started it and we just couldn't stop watching it," Caroline said.

Liz Forbes POV:

I hear the TV going on in Caroline's room and make my way up there. As I open the door, I am taken aback. It looks like there are two of them. This must be her new friend, Stefanie. Wow, they look so similar. I smile and cover them in a blanket. I kiss Carolinie on the forehead and run my fingers through Stefanie's hair. I pause the TV and turn it off. I quietly close the door and leave.

"That's how the blanket ended up on us. I just thought that was you," Caroline and Stefanie said, at the same time, pointing at each other.

AT THE FOOTBALL GAME

I smile as I watch the game go on. I had intervened when Jeremy and Tyler had gotten into it. So Caroline had me on the side with them. "Stef.." I hear my brother say. "It was a nice trick. Protecting your friend. She has vervain on her somewhere. I was a bit surprised. It is been a while since anyone could resist my compulsion. Where'd you get it?" He tells me. I look over at myself.

"Does it matter? Why go after Care anyways?" I asked. "Guess I could just seduce her the old-fashioned way. Or I could just...eat her," Damon said, my head snapped at him and I ran at him and pushed him to the ground. "No. You're not gonna hurt her, Damon," I said.

"No?" He asked me. "Because... you are my brother. and you love me. And you may not have your humanity but you still love me. I get you hate me, for not saving him. But you are and always will be my priority. and No is technically a full sentence," I said, my head tilting to the side. A tear ran down my cheek, "Don't do this Damon. Let's just go back to the way it was. You get Elena and get to have my best friend back, it's perfect," I said, begging him.

He shook his head at me, "Then kill me," I said, "Well, I'm...I'm tempted," He said, looking at me. "I really wish you would. I am miserable. I have gaps in my memories. I see this man. He's handsome, and kind, but cruel. I see things that aren't there. Katherine is dead, Dae. She is dead. And you hate me, and I don't understand why. You turned me. You dragged a woman to me, cut her neck open, forced my mouth to her bloody neck, And made me drink. You turned me. You have made me live this, and then you left me alone. And the worst part about it is, i dont know if this is who you truly are or if this is just what your like without your humanity," i said.

"You had gaps?" Niklaus asked me. "Yeah, yes," I said nodding.

"Salvatore. Have you seen my player? Where the hell is he?" Tanner screamed running out into the parking lot. "If that's my humanity...then what's this?" He asked me and killed Tanner. "Aah!" Tanner screams. "No! I hated him too, but why?" I screamed at him. "Anyone, anytime, any place," He says licking the blood from his lips.

"What kind of animal could be doing all this? Why would it come out of the woods and attack someone in the middle of town?" Elena asked me wrapping her arms around me. Without thought I pushed her away. "I don't know," I say shaking my head. " I should go. Caroline promised me a sleepover. I gotta go, I'm sorry," I say and runoff.

"Caroline! Caroline! CAROLINE!" I screamed, into the crowd. A lamp post burst and my hand glowed gold. "Stef. Stefanie. I'm right here, I'm here," Caroline said and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around her tighter. Tears ran down my face. "I thought, I thought he... it, don't do that. Don't scare me," I said into her shoulder.

"Wow! You were showing signs of magic even way back when," Kol said, looking at the screen very interested.

She nodded and rubbed my back. "Let's go to my place. Watch Doctor Who, eat popcorn, and cuddle," She whispered into my ear. I nodded and we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
169K 6.5K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
93.1K 3.3K 43
She was alone all of her life and found solitude in the 'villains' of her favorite TV Show, she died but she never thought she would be able to see h...
318K 8.1K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...