Shades

By authorsommy

"He has no fucking right to fucking touch you!" "You can't tell me who I can and cannot hang out with" He fin... More

Blue
is not
just a feeling
of sadness.
Everything
is deserving
of a
second chance.
Life
is tough
but
so are you.
The strongest
hearts
have
the most
scars.
There is
always
more
to people
than
let on.
Hear
the hell
in

they

16 4 3
By authorsommy

Kate drove Noelle's car to the gym. It was weird that she was coming to see this guy—just because she heard how bad his game had been. She didn't even know him, they were only familiar on a first-name basis after all. He probably didn't even know what her last name was. Okay, scratch that, he definitely didn't know what it was.

The gym was open but inside was dark. Only the moon gave a little light through the windows. Kate looked around. Was Dylan sure that he was here? Well, Dylan doesn't lie, right?

She walked to the other side of the gym. A door was open and a dim light was shining from inside. If there was one person she knew who liked dimly lit places, it was Damien.

She heard small grunts as she got closer to the door, along with the sound of something being punched continuously. Damien was here.

The room was filled with boxing equipment, weight lifts, and the sort. There was even a small boxing ring in the middle of the room. The grunting and hitting were coming from the far end of the room. Kate followed the sound and stopped when she saw Damien.

He was shirtless and damn, did it look good. She had always averted her eyes whenever he removed his shirt so this was a shock to her.

The tattoos. 

Yes, he had freaking tattoos. From his lower back, going up and crossing over to his chest, they looked like wings. She wondered what was in front because his back was turned to her.

She took slow steps toward him, still mesmerized by how the lights shone on his smooth tanned, and inked skin.

Then, she stopped.

Not because he was too good-looking to behold or how his muscles bulged as he moved. It was because of what he was doing.

There was a punching bag next to him but he was hitting the wall instead. He had those white wraps around his fists but they had torn and his hands were now bleeding. Still, he continued hitting the wall vigorously.

His muscles moved with every move he made, a good hit and a lasting pain, but he didn't stop.

"Damien!"

He paused for only a second but then continued with the wall again. This guy was either crazy or insane. There was a freaking bag he could hit right next to him.

She walked to him but stood fixed at a spot as she looked at the wall. The white color of the wall was already stained with his blood. How long had he been doing this? And God, she hated the sight of blood.

"Stop!" She seethed.

He continued.

"Damien!"

He didn't stop.

"Please, stop"

She was begging. Begging because this blood could make her faint. Because for some reason, she didn't like him doing this.

"Damien!" She shouted again.

And again, he ignored her.

She could only look at him. His muscles flexed with each punch he made. His tattoos followed in the movement and she could finally see what was in front.  It was indeed wings growing from the back. In between the feathers was a black rose. A dying rose.

She looked up at his face, his shades were gone and his blue eyes looked darker than normal, his lips in a thin line. Well, Dylan did say that he was upset. But now he looked like he was in pain. His hits were slow. Of course, he was in pain.

Without thinking, she stepped in front of him, resting her back on the wall he had been abusing. She closed her eyes as he swung his fist but he paused on seeing her.

"Katherine" his voice was low as he called her.

She looked up at him.

"Get out," he said with the same low tone.

She slowly shook her head.

"Get the fuck out, Katherine!"

He was loud. Really loud. But she didn't flinch this time.

"I'm not going"

Damien didn't say anything else and moved to the other wall.

Really?

"You can't keep ignoring me"

"You need to fucking leave here, Katherine"

"You've been ignoring me for a week"

He stopped and turned to her. He had a wicked smirk on his lips. Not the playful one that meant he was teasing her and loving every bit of it. This one spoke pure evil.

"And that bothers you?"

Did it?

She shifted to the other wall he was about to start hitting.

"I'm sorry for what I said"

"Fuck, I'm not upset about that" he paced around and pulled at his hair. "You shouldn't be here, Katherine.  You need to leave"

"I'm not going to leave. You can't tell me when to leave." She sighed. She came to apologize and she was already making him more upset. "I know what I said was upsetting, even if you don't admit it"

"Stop it, Katherine" Damien warned.

"I won't stop it. Cause when I ignore you, you never listen when I say you should stop. I tried to talk to you but you kept running away. Who does that!? And now you flop your game? They say your win was a lucky thing." She made quotes with her fingers. "Did I forget to mention your hooking up with Brianna and indirectly proving me right? And then you act like I--"

"Kate!" Damien's fist swung fast and Kate's eyes widened in surprise.

Was he going to hit her?

Everywhere went dark as she found herself in that stuffy box again.

The green-eyed monster was calling out to her.

"Kate?" He sing-sang.

Sometimes his voice would be soft but sly, like someone luring you into the deep darkness.

"Kate!"

Other times his voice would be loud, like the monster he truly was.

"Where are you, Kate?!"

She held her breath, any small sound would attract the monster. Her stuffed kangaroo was in her small hands and she clutched it like her life depended on it.

Suddenly, the door opened and his evil green eyes came into view.

"Found you!" He laughed hysterically.

She could only scream as he grabbed her.

"Please! No, please!"

"Stop it! Please don't hit me!"

Arms wrapped around her but she slapped them away in fear.

No!

"No! Stop, please! Stop!"

She allowed her tears to fall freely. She couldn't be back to this. He couldn't hit her again. He shouldn't be able to. He should be gone. Gone far away. Out of her life.

"Katherine! Look at me, Katherine"

She covered her ears, to the sound of the night, to the silence that meant no one was coming to help.

"Katherine!" Damien held her arms.

He looked terrified as he looked at her, she was crying but her eyes were closed. What had he done? He had just tried to scare her away by hitting the wall,  but immediately he swung his fist, she had a panic attack. He must have triggered something.

"Look at me, Katherine"

Slowly her eyes opened. Sand-brown eyes were filled with tears and fear as she looked at him.

"I'm so sorry." he pulled her into his embrace and rubbed her back, soothing her. "Fuck, I'm so sorry"

-----------------------------------------------------------
I know this is a very short chapter but I needed to get this out before I forget...again!!

Don't forget to vote and comment◠‿◕

Your Shady writer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Free Spirit By n

Teen Fiction

172 0 8
Since young, Damien John Walch has always felt different. More so a misfit when neighbours compared his light brown skin to cream colours like the re...
855K 15.5K 44
Two people - broken in their own way - collide. Francesca's life was completely normal up to a couple months ago. Ethan's never known normality. Two...
55.3K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...