π˜Όπ™‰π™π™„-π™ƒπ™€π™π™Š [Dark Deku...

By SteveTheAlbino

(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them... More

Ch 1: '(Y/n) Midoriya: Dark Origins'
Ch 2: 'You Don't Know What You Got'
Ch 3: 'Blame It On My Youth'
Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'
Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'
Ch 6: 'Easy Target'
Ch 7: 'Give Me One Good Reason'
Ch 8: 'Going Away To College'
Ch 9: 'Pathetic'
Ch 10: 'Wasting Time'
Ch 11: 'More Then You'll Ever Know'
Ch 12: 'Hungover You'
Ch 13: 'No Future'
Ch 14: 'Up All Night'
Ch 15: 'Action'
Ch 17: 'Anthem'
Ch 18: 'Degenerate'
Ch 19: 'Strings'
Ch 20: 'One More Time'
Ch 21: 'Remember To Forget Me'
Ch 22: 'Cynical'
Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'
Ch 24: 'Feeling This'
Ch 25: 'First Date'
Ch 26: 'Rabbit Hole'
Ch 27: 'All The Small Things'
Ch 28: 'Dammit'
Ch 29: 'One For All'
Ch 30: 'Fear No More'
Ch 31: 'King In Green'
Ch 32: 'Lie to Me'

Ch 16: 'Roller Coaster'

4.2K 288 156
By SteveTheAlbino

[Another week and another chapter. A lot went down in last week. Speaking of the last chapter, I said at the start that you'd hate a character more than Kaito. That ended up being Monoma. Now, whilst some definitely seemed to hate Monoma. A lot claimed they still hated Kaito more. And, honestly...I can't be disappointed at that. That just means I've created a character you guys love to hate. Which is awesome! So thanks everyone! And thanks for helping this book get Number 3 in US for Wattpads Top 10 as well. That's very nice! You know what else is nice...A brand spanking new chapter of ANTI-HERO!!!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

I remember reading some magazines once whilst waiting for Mom at a shopping mall once. I was bored, so it was the only thing I could read. The point being, it was as I read through this magazine that I stumbled across an article. It was written by some scientist woman who asked about a hundred people what their happiest memories in life were. Some stated the obvious, marriage and having kids. But this scientist was surprised to see a vast majority had mentioned times during their childhood. 

It varied about what particular things they were exactly, though all had something to do when they were young and carefree. When I first read this article, I was left thinking not much of it. But it wasn't until later that night when I was lying in bed that I truly thought about what happy moments did I have in life? And honestly, it was pretty heartbreaking when I could pretty much count up all my happy memories on a single hand. I don't know whether it was my head still reeling from the death of Izuku that held me back. 

Or if I truly didn't have that many happy memories to go over. But in the end, the similar thing was, unlike these people who had so many happy memories in their childhood, I was left with but a few. So I can't help but wonder now, whilst I said right across from the silent figure of Todoroki in one of the back halls of the Sports Festival arena, that I realize, just like me, Todoroki didn't have that many happy memories either. Now, you're probably wondering why I'm even thinking that? Well, simple. It was in the short period of silence as we stared back at each other that I took a moment to take in the expression he currently had on display. 

A look of complete lack of emotion. No heart or soul in his eyes. His face showed the scars he was dealt with. And whilst I didn't exactly know what scars those were. I knew well enough that it was clearly something he wasn't proud of. So, in a strange way, any type of anger I held against him earlier for being so desperate to take me down...Was now gone. Now, I could hardly care less about it. In all honesty, the only thing I wanted right now was just to go to the cafeteria and have some lunch. Though after everything that just happened, maybe it'd be best if I just got food elsewhere...

(Y/n): "...You realize if we don't hurry, Bakugo is going to eat all the food at the Cafeteria, right?"

Todoroki didn't respond. He simply kept staring at me.

(Y/n): "Silent type, huh? Real bad boy vibes. Surprised you're not more popular."

I didn't exactly know why I tried to make a joke then. Don't know whether because I was sick of this moment enough and wanted to at least add some spice to it. A few more seconds passed with nothing being said. I was about to walk away when finally Todoroki spoke out.

Todoroki: "You'd know about being popular, huh?"

(Y/n): "Yeah, well, trust me when I say I don't care about what people think of me."

Todoroki: "Sure seemed different out there though."

(Y/n): "Huh? What are you--"

Todoroki: "I saw the way you looked after you won the race. The way you looked out at the crowd as they cheered for you. It felt nice whilst it lasted didn't it? Before it was all taken away...All because of one mistake."

It seemed the more this guy spoke, the less I knew what he was exactly talking about. He honestly reminded me of that time Bakugo got into his Mother's stash of alcohol and got tipsy. That didn't end well, as for this situation, I was still unsure how exactly it would end.

Todoroki: "Though, you're not the only one who did that."

(Y/n): "What? You smacked the shit out of someone as well?"

Todoroki: "No...But...I did something I wish I didn't."

It was as he said this that Todoroki proceeded to lift his left hand up. From the few bits of knowledge I had picked up over my time at U.A., I knew the left side of his body was where the fireside of his Quirk came from.

Todoroki: "I have a pledge...One to never use my right side whilst fighting...Today, I broke that pledge whilst fighting against your team after you left the field."

(Y/n): "Oh, yeah? That must suck..."

Todoroki: "Iida, Kaminari, Kaito, Tokoyami, Bakugo, Kirishima...None of them felt it. But in that one moment, I broke my pledge in order to steal your headband from Bakugo. It was in that moment that I was the only overpowered one. Just like when All Might went overpowered in the fight at USJ...And just like you..."

It was as Todoroki said that last part that he lifted his head and looked directly at me. At that very moment, flashes of the fight at USJ appeared before my eyes. I remember how hard All Might fought. Though, for me, I didn't feel like I was overpowered. I felt weak. I knew I could do no damage against Nomu, and it angered me. To the point I combined both Quirks in hopes that I'd do something to help. Maybe that's what Todoroki saw as overpowered...

Todoroki: "That feeling I felt out there today, I felt the same from you back at USJ."

(Y/n): "Um...Alright...Look, I don't know what tangent you're going on. But I'm not really in the mood to tal--"

Todoroki: "--So I've got to ask. Midoriya, are you...All Might's secret love child or something?"

Secret...Love...Child...All Might's...WHAT?! It was as Todoroki brought out this sudden connection between All Might that I was reminded of the first proper time I talked to him back in the gathering room before the Sports Festival started, and how he stated All Might had his eye on me. But still. He went from that...TO THIS?!

(Y/n): "Uh...Look, Todoroki...Whatever you think...Y-You're wrong."

Todoroki: "You just stuttered. There's that hesitation again."

Right. The one that makes you think you're better then me. I forgot...

(Y/n): "Yeah! I stuttered because you just asked if All Might was my dad! What else do you expect from me?"

Todoroki: "..." [Sighs] "I suppose you're right. It was silly of me to ask."

(Y/n): "True. Now let me ask you something...What's you're problem with me?"

This was the perfect opportunity to just leave the conversation and walk away, yet, I didn't. The curiosity of it all had me question multiple times why Todoroki was so eager to show me up. To the point, I couldn't hold back my thoughts any longer. Todoroki didn't exactly seem surprised by my question. He just stared at me for a few seconds before dropping his head slightly and sighing once more.

Todoroki: [Sighs] "...I asked because Endeavors my old man."

(Y/n): "O-Oh..." [Thoughts] "I did not know that..."

Todoroki: "I'm sure that you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero for forever. So if you have something from the number one hero, which I still think you do, then I...have even more reason to beat you."

Little did I know as this all went down that All Might himself was having a conversation with the aforementioned father of the boy who stood across from me. For a good five minutes more the conversation between Todoroki and I continued. During that time he told me about his Father's intense hatred for All Might, and his drive to become the number one hero. It was in that drive for such glory that Todoroki was born.

It was through a Quirk Marriage, where two people are married solely for their offspring to come out with vastly powerful Quirks. When I heard that, I was shocked. Todoroki wasn't born out of love. He was born out of the desires of his Father. Basically, his Father never really wanted him. Well, not for the purpose most Father's had anyone. 

He wanted Todoroki solely so he could become the Number One hero and take the place of All Might. If Endeavor couldn't have it, at least someone in his family could. It was as Todoroki said that, that I noticed the heartbreak hidden behind his eyes. He tried his best not for it to be seen. But for someone that knew a thing or two about not feeling wanted, it didn't take much for me to see through his charade.

Todoroki: "My Father is a man with both money and accomplishments. He won over my mother's relatives into agreeing to the Quirk marriage, just so he could get ahold of my Mother's Quirk. He's trying to fulfil his own desire by raising me to be a hero to surpass All Might. It's so annoying...I won't become the tool of scum like that."

It was clear by the disgruntled look on Todoroki's face that he wanted to say so much more about the situation. But he managed to hold himself together as he returned his gaze back to my own.

Todoroki: "In my memories, my mother is always crying. Always telling me my left side is unsightly. That's what she said as she poured boiling water on my face."

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "She...She did that? To her own son?!"

Todoroki: [Sighs] "...Basically, I picked a fight with you to show him what I can do, without using my old man's damn Quirk... No... I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using it. That's why... I'm going to beat you, (Y/n). Not only to prove my Father wrong. But to show myself I don't need him."

Todoroki's words were firm and quick to the point. His gaze remained on me momentarily as I dropped my head and sighed. It was as I did so, that both Todoroki and myself failed to notice Bakugo's arrival at the end of the hallway. Though the blonde could now be seen hiding behind the corner as he took in what he had just heard. Meanwhile, I lifted my head, and for a moment...I contemplated telling Todoroki about my own trauma. 

About everything to do with Izuku. I don't know why I thought of doing this. Whether it was a way to show I related to him in a meaningful way. Or to end any tension that had clearly strung up between us. It was as the words hovered on my mouth, however, that I stopped myself. I didn't need to stop anything between Todoroki and I. It wasn't my problem. I wasn't here for this. I was here to keep my promise to Izuku. And no one was going to stop me from doing that.

(Y/n): "...You're not the only one with trauma in your life, Todoroki."

He didn't say anything.

(Y/n): [Sighs] "Look, that sounds pretty fucked up. Sucks you had to go through that. But whatever problems you have with your Dad...It's not going to get any pity out of me."

Todoroki: "I wasn't trying to--"

(Y/n): "But you told me for a reason. And at the end of the day, whatever reason that is, that's up to you. But me...I'm not going to let what's fucked me up in life hold me back. I came here to win this tournament just like everyone else. And I'm sorry you got hurt the way you did. No one deserves to get hurt...Especially not a kid...But, I'm not going to let it stop me from keeping my promise."

Those were the last words I said to Shoto Todoroki, a final glance given to him before I turned and exited the tunnel, and walked off to get something to eat. I wasn't sure what expression he now carried on his face, and honestly, I didn't care. I wasn't focused on what he told me. As I said, I wasn't going to let anything he said stop me from keeping my promise to Izuku. And the best way about going to keep that promise right now...Was winning the rest of this damn Sports Festival.

[3rd Person POV]

--Present--

It was after lunch, as (Y/n) stood back on the field of the arena with everyone else that managed to pass through to the next round, that the young boy found his mind continuing to go back to what Todoroki told him. Despite not exactly showing it earlier, (Y/n) was pretty shocked to hear what happened to Todoroki as a kid. Being hurt by your mother, in both a figurative and literal circumstance, it wasn't something anyone should go through. 

But (Y/n) kept his emotions in check. His eyes remained focused on the stage in front of him. All the while the students around him, mainly the remaining Class 1-B students, Tokoyami, and Kirishima, all found themselves glancing toward the silent male. Who hadn't said a single word to any of them since everything went down in the last game. It caused some to grow concerned.

Kirishima: "...I...I can't believe (Y/n) had to go through something like that. I mean, just hearing that his brother was killed...It makes me see in a whole other light. I feel so sorry for him."

Tokoyami: "Indeed. Whilst (Y/n) doesn't exactly hide his lack of interest in friendship and being a social person. I know understand why he would wish against it."

Kirishima: "Still...I wish there was something we could do."

The words slowly fell from Kirishima's mouth before his head dropped along with them. It seemed the boy with spikey red hair was taking the news pretty heavily. Before now, he had seen (Y/n) as just this really popular dude who maybe had a few issues. But Kirishima never once pictured any of the issues to be so sickening. 

Kirishima struggled to think about what he would be like if he was forced to lose someone he cared about. But (Y/n)...He lost his little brother. Now, Kirishima didn't know the exact details of what happened. It was right after (Y/n) left the gathering room without saying a word that Bakugo came up to both himself, and Tokoyami. With a still look on his face, Bakugo told them not to ask about anything to do with Izuku. 

And to simply accept what they already knew, despite them not even needing to know that much in the first place. Neither male made any injection to question further. They felt bad enough knowing this much when they knew they shouldn't. It only made both curse Monoma even further. Something Kirishima couldn't contain his anger against as he stomped his foot into the ground.

Kirishima: "Damn, that Monoma! I swear, if I ever get placed in a battle against him again. I'm going to make him pay!"

The young boy proceeded to slam his fists together before Tokoyami turned to him.

Tokoyami: "Whilst I share your eagerness to see the rightful people punished. You must also understand Kirishima that this is all because of Kaito."

Kirishima: "Kaito?"

Tokoyami: [Nods] "Yes. After all, he was the one to tell everyone in Class 1-B about what happened to (Y/n)'s brother."

Kirishima: "Argh! Why am I not surprised it had something to do with him. Man, I hope the teachers do something about this."

"Don't worry. We plan to talk to our teacher when we get back to class."

Kirishima: "Huh?" [Turns around] "Oh, Kendo. Class 1-B. Hey..."

Upon turning around, the two boys from Class 1-A were greeted with the sight of gentle smiles coming from Kendo and a few members of Class 1-B. They didn't move onto the next round, but they decided to come over to the guys to see how (Y/n) was doing. It was clear by the looks on their faces that they regretted everything that happened. Though, they were too fearful to say anything much. Instead, Kendo proceeded to look passed the two boys in front of her to glance at the back of (Y/n)'s head.

Kendo: "How do you think he's handling it?"

Kirishima: [Sighs] "Knowing (Y/n), he's probably going to keep it inside. Even worse, he's gonna make whoever he goes up against in this next game regret it."

Tetsutetsu: "Whoa! He's really going to go all out that much?"

Kendo: [Giggles nervously] "Relax, Tetsutetsu. I'm sure (Y/n) will not go out to hurt anyone."

"...(Y/n)'s not the one you need to worry about."

Kendo: "Huh?"

It was at this moment that everyone turned around as another voice entered the fray. This time, it was revealed to be Bakugo of all people. However, just like earlier, he carried no smile. Instead, with a straight look on his face, and his hands in his training suit's pockets, he casually walked passed Kirishima and Tokoyami to face off with Kendo and the rest of Class 1-B. A nervous gulp came from a few as silence filled the air. Though, it didn't remain that way for long.

Bakugo: "I'm going to keep it straight with you all. Whatever this next game is, I want you all to know...I'm going to do everything I can to make sure no person from Class 1-B is getting through to the next round."

Kendo: "W-What?"

Tetsutetsu: "Right out of the gate!"

Kirishima: "H-Hey, Bakugo! Ease up, will ya? This is Kaito and Monoma's fault. Kendo and the others didn't do anything."

Bakugo: "Exactly...They did nothing."

Those final three words were brought along with a firm look finally reaching Bakugo's face. It left Class 1-B confused, and Kirishima and Tokoyami concerned. All the while, Bakugo didn't care. His narrowed eyes fell upon Kendo in particular as he continued his sentence.

Bakugo: "I hear you're the class representative for 1-B, right? That true?"

Kendo: "I-It is." 

Bakugo: "Tck...Then I sure am glad I'm not in your class. I'd hate to have an incompetent person like you in charge."

The once afraid look on Kendo's face was quick to shift out for a completely shattered reality. It caused Tetsutesu to clench his fist. He was about to come to the aid of his classmate when he was cut off by Kirishima, who decided to do it for him.

Kirishima: "Bakugo! That's enough! I understand you're angry for (Y/n), but--"

Bakugo: [To Kirishima] "No! You don't understand! You think you do, but you don't! None of you do!"

His gaze slowly begins to transcend the crowd of students.

Bakugo: "You all think you know what (Y/n) went through, what he's going through right now, just because of a few words dipshit One and Two said. Well, you all know shit all! (Y/n)'s gone through more pain than you even know!" [Turns to Kendo] "And you...You call yourself a representative for your class...Yet where were you when someone in your class was going around telling people about shit they had no right spreading. Where were you to stop it?!"

Kendo: "I-I...I just--"

Bakugo: "...Yeah...That's what I thought...Pfft! Pathetic."

With a final glare, Bakugo proceeded to turn around and walk off toward (Y/n). Meanwhile, Kendo was left to drop her head in shame. Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki go to comfort their classmate. However, it's as Bakugo reaches Tokoyami and Kirishima that he stops walking and turns back to all the students once more.

Bakugo: "One more thing...I'd suggest just leaving (Y/n) be right now. 'Some' of you may care about him, but if you do. Just give him the space he needs. As for others...Just stay away."

And so with that, Bakugo continued on his way. A silent aura was quick to fill the air. It wasn't long, however, before Kirishima turned around to support Kendo.

Kirishima: "Kendo, I--"

Kendo: "No..." [Half smiles] "Bakugo is right. I didn't do anything. Even when I heard it...I just let it be sad. I-I don't know why I didn't say anything, I just...I just didn't..."

Further comfort from her classmates came as the group turned around and walked away. It left both Kirishima and Tokoyami to simply stand there momentarily. It wasn't long, however, until they were joined by a confused Kaminari, who wondered over to them with a joyous smile. Clearly, he didn't realize the tension of the scene.

Kaminari: "Hey, yo! Guys! Why the down faces? Hey, question, what's up with (Y/n), huh?" [Leans in and grins] "I saw he totally punched some guy from 1-B. Did he finally snap or what? Haha!"

Kirishima: [Sighs] "...Not now, Kaminari. Not now."

Kaminari: "Huh?"

The boys said nothing. Simply, they kept their heads before walking away. As they did, not far away, Kaito could be seen standing by himself because no one likes him. Anywho, it was as he stood alone, that his gaze lingered what the scene that just went down.

Kaito: [Thoughts] "Idiots. All of them. Even after hearing about what that freak did to his brother. They still waste their time with Deku. He's nothing but a pathetic person who got lucky in life. They're too blind to see his flaws. But no, the oh, so, perfect hero doesn't have them. They just continue to cheer him on. Yeah, well, watch your back, Deku. Because whatever this next game is...This is where your sports festival ends."

His eyes continued to linger on the scene for a moment more. Meanwhile, as he did that. Over with (Y/n), he could now be seen silently listening to music as he waited for the next game to start. He was left with such after he kept noticing Midnight looking his way. A concerned look on her face as she repeatedly walked up and down the stairs of the stage. Most likely contemplating whether or not to go see (Y/n) or not. In reality, that's exactly what she was doing.

Midnight: "You should go see him. You're a teacher." [Turns back up the stairs] "But what's if he's upset and doesn't want to talk to anyone?" [Turns back down the stairs] "But you should at least ask. What's if he needs someone." [Turns back up the stairs] "He probably doesn't want a teacher talking to him. He probably talks to one of his friends." [Turns back down the stairs] "But what if none of his friends know what to say? Then (Y/n) will be left alone?" [Turns back up the stairs] "Oh...Oh...Oh..."

Those final words came each time Midnight turned back and up down the stairs. Clearly, she didn't know what to do. When (Y/n) saw this, he simply decided to place his earphones on and do his best to ignore it. However, it was as he was listening to the music that he felt a sudden hand land on his shoulder. Much to his joy, it was Bakugo, and not anyone else. He really didn't need other people to come talking to him right now. He would say the same for Bakugo, but going off the look he currently offered. He wasn't there to annoy (Y/n). Though, he did his best to smile.

Bakugo: "Uh...Hey, man?"

(Y/n): "Hey."

(Y/n) proceeds to put his earphones away into his pocket as Bakugo awkwardly scratches the back of his head.

Bakugo: "So, how you going? You alright--I mean, I know you probably don't want to talk about it--Which I get! It's just--I'm your friend--And you know me, haha, I-I won't really be able to relax until I know how you're feeling. So if you can just let me know how you are that...That would be pretty cool, right?"

At first, (Y/n) said nothing. Instead, he simply raised an eyebrow in the direction of his best friend. Which caused Bakugo to worry that this was much worse than he first thought. Thankfully, however, he was given a sigh of relief when (Y/n) released a small chuckle and a smile a few seconds after.

(Y/n): [Chuckles lightly] "Yeah, man...I'm fine."

Bakugo: [Sighs and smiles] "Awesome! I was starting to worry that maybe you were gonna go silent on me too."

(Y/n): "Nah. I'm just...Trying to keep focused, you know? After everything that happened in the last game...I've decided to use it as motivation to win this whole thing now. And this time, I don't care what the crowd or anyone else thinks about me."

A confident look was quick to sprout on (Y/n)'s face as he clenched his fist and looked up to the big screen in front of him. The sight of it all was enough to make Bakugo smile, before giving a supportive pat on the back to his best friend.

Bakugo: "That's what I wanna hear! Taking everything those two fuckfaces did and using it to crush them! Ha!"

(Y/n): "...Yeah...I guess, you can say that. Though..." [Smiles] "...If I'm being honest, I'm surprised you're being this normal."

Bakugo: "Normal? Surprised? What are you talking about? I'm, like, one of the most normal people in our class."

(Y/n): "No. I get that. I just mean...After everything that happened. I'm surprised you didn't go get Mt Lady's number or tell some of the girls to hug me or something. That kinda stuff, you know? Right...Right?" [Turns to the left] "Bakug--"

(Y/n) was abruptly silenced when he turned to his friend to see a nervous smile spread across his face. All the while he scratched the back of his neck slightly as well. As soon as (Y/n) saw this, he narrowed his gaze toward his best friend.

(Y/n): "Bakugo..."

Bakugo: "Yes, (Y/n), my close and best, childhood friend, whom I've known since I was young?"

(Y/n): [Raises eyebrow] "'Whom?' Alright, now I know somethings up. What did you do?"

"Alright, everyone! Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal our next game! But before that, there's good news for those of you who didn't pass through to the finals"

The voice of Present Mic over the speaker was enough to break the eye contact between (Y/n) and Bakugo. However, soon enough, even that wouldn't be enough to save Bakugo's nervous expression from growing.

Present Mic: [Voice Only] "This is just a sports festival! So we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too! We've even brought real cheerleaders from America to livin' things up!"

(Y/n): "Huh? Cheerleaders?"

"Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah! Oh, yeah!"

The phrase was repeated over and over again, to the point (Y/n)'s gaze was eventually drawn to their direction. It was in that direction that (Y/n) saw a dozen girls in orange and white Cheerleader uniforms, with the letters 'U' and 'A' marked on their tops. They else used pom pom's as they bounced around and kicked the air. This...However...was not what caused Bakugo to grow nervous. As (Y/n) was soon to find out.

Present Mic: [Voice Only] "And we've also got lots of yummy fo--Huh?" [Leans closer to the glass window] "What in the--"

It was as his words trailed on that back with (Y/n) and Bakugo, (Y/n) turned to his friend to see him chuckling in a very awkward manner. It caused the older boy to narrow his eyes.

(Y/n): "...Bakugo..."

Bakugo: "Yessss, (Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "Why do you look like that one time you got caught hiding dirty magazines under your bed?"

Bakugo: "What's that supposed to mean?"

(Y/n): "It means, you look guilt as fuck. You did something, didn't you?"

Bakugo: "Wha-Wha-Wha...Proposterous! How dare you accuse of such a thin--Yeah, I did something."

And that exact something was the current draw of attention all over the arena. Not one pair of eyes was focused elsewhere. Instead, they all met over at the far left entrance to the arena, along the side of the field, where all students who couldn't make it into the finals could be seated to watch the rest of the Sports Festival. It was in front of these very students, however, that every single female from Class 1-A could be seen decked in similar cheerleading uniforms that the Americans also were currently wearing. Lets just say, a few noticeable areas were on full display. When (Y/n) saw this his eyes widened in shock as the girls, all lined up with pom poms in hand, nervously looked around at the eyes focused on them. A stray bit of blood could be seen travelling down the oldest Midoriya child nose as he tried to contemplate what he was seeing.

Present Mic: [Voice Only] "Huh? Class 1-A? What kind of fan service is this?"

Aizawa: "What has happened to my class?"

Meanwhile on the stage, Midnight, with a hand on her hip, smiled at the sight before her.

Midnight: "Huh? They look nice. I wonder if--Huh? (Y/n)?!"

Midnight was suddenly shocked beyond belief when she saw a rapid stream of blood was now running down (Y/n)'s nose. The young boy doing his best to cover it up as he turned around to Bakugo and began whacking the boy over the head.

Bakugo: "Ow! I'm sorry! Ow! I'm sorry! Ow! I'm sorry!"

The beatdown continued to go further on. Meanwhile, other students from their class reacted to the scene. Kaminari and Mineta offered excited thumbs up. Kendo and her class simply stared wide-eyed. Shocked at the boldness of the girls from Class 1-A to dress up in such clothing. Then there was Iida, who simply left shaking his head, as if he was a disappointed father. 

He would probably go on later to the girls how they were reflecting a bad image for their class. After all, Iida didn't want people to think Class 1-A was a 'fun' class. Then there were other people, like Kaito, and a few other males left with slightly bleeding noses as well. But the girls of 1-A were more so focused on all the eyes currently looking at them. Leaving them with nervous blushes.

Uraraka: "W-Wow. Everyone is really looking at us, huh?"

Yaoyorozu: "Yes...I didn't think we'd draw this much attention."

Jiro: "Guys, I-I don't know if I can do this. I'm not really one to wear such...girly clothing...I'm gonna go change!"

Hagakure: "No! You can't change, Jiro! Remember why we're doing this!"

Ashido: "Toru is right!  We have to do this, Jiro! It's the only way!"

Tsuyu: "Yes. It is very important that we do this. Just like Bakugo said."

Jiro: [Blushes] "R-Right...What Bakugo said..."

--During Lunchtime--

The Cafeteria was packed to the brim with people dressed in their U.A. Physical training uniforms and carrying various trays of food as they searched for a table to eat at. It was amongst this crowd that the girls from Class 1-A could be seen searching for a table of their own. As they did, however, they all spoke about the one topic that had currently been on the mind of many -- (Y/n).

Ashido: "I hope (Y/n)'s doing okay. He seemed pretty upset when he walked into the room after the last game."

Yaoyorou: "I wonder what has him so worried. His face looked so angry on the field."

Tsuyu: "When I saw how quiet he was when he walked into the gathering room, I wanted to give him a hug so much. But I knew if I did that, it would make his nose bleed from how close I was to him."

Hagakure: "What about you, Uraraka? Do you know why (Y/n) looked so upset? Uraraka...?"

But Uraraka heard not a single word. Instead, his eyes focused on the tray in hand. Though, not on any part of the food. But her reflection in the orange juice she had. Unlike everyone else around her right now, she knew a good option for why (Y/n) was so upset. After all, it was when she teamed up with him during their first few days at U.A. in the villain hideout test that (Y/n) told her about how his little brother died. 

When Uraraka heard it back then, she was heartbroken. And now, she was even more broken inside. Maybe it was due to the fact she now knew she had a crush on him. So having to see him like this, to see a person she cared so much about, like this, it made her feel worse inside. Unfortunately, Uraraka was so caught up in her thoughts that she failed to hear anymore of the girls calling out to her.

"Uraraka?!"

Uraraka: "Huh?"

Lifting her head, she saw everyone was now looking at her. Stopping in their tracks in front of an empty table, the girls of Class 1-A offered her a confused look.

Uraraka: "Oh...Sorry? What did you say?"

Yaoyorozu: "Uraraka? Are you alright?"

Ashido: "Yeah. You seem out of it."

Tsuyu: "Are you thinking about (Y/n)?"

Uraraka: "Huh? Oh...Yeah. I just feel really sad for him is all. F-For whatever reason, I mean! I don't know why he's upset! Hehe..."

Jiro: "Guess we shouldn't really be surprised you're feeling that way. You're like the closest girl to him, right?"

Uraraka: "...Closest...Girl...?"

That was all it took to break Uraraka's focus on (Y/n), and instead set it right onto the scene currently going down.

Hagakure: "Yeah! You're so lucky! You're always having lunch with him. I mean, sure, Bakugo and Iida are there as well. But still-You're, like, the only girl there..."

Ashido: "Must be pretty cool, huh?"

Uraraka: "Uh--Haha--I-I guess?"

Tsuyu: "It is a good thing you are there, and not I. I'm afraid that if I sat at the same table as (Y/n), he would not be able to function with me being so close."

Uraraka: "Um...O-Okay?"

Yaoyorozu: "Yes...You are rather lucky, Uraraka."

As soon as Uraraka heard the voice of Yaoyorozu, the short brunette quickly turned in the direction of the taller female to see her standing still with her head now low. It became quickly obvious what she was feeling. Slight pain that she wasn't able to sit at the same table with (Y/n). Which must hurt for her, as just like Uraraka, Yaoyorozu also had a crush on the boy. Now, if this was Uraraka before the sports festival. 

She wouldn't feel nearly as much pain for Yaoyorozu as she did now upon seeing her facial expression. But it was thanks to the sports festival, and them teaming up, that the pair managed to get pretty close. So much so the pair considered themselves much closer friends than they were before. So when Uraraka saw Yaoyorozu look so hurt, she was quick to come to her friend's aid. All the while, offering her trademark soft smile.

Uraraka: "You're calling me lucky...I mean, you're going to the theatre with him on Friday night, right? That sounds pretty lucky?"

Yaoyorozu: "Hmm? Oh...Yes...You're right." [Smiles upon realizing] "I guess I am rather lucky..."

The two girls proceed to turn to each other and smile. However, it was almost immediately broken by Hagakure, who jumped in between them both.

Hagakure: "AW! YOU'RE BOTH SO LUCKY! WHEN DO I GET ALONE TIME WITH (Y/N)!"

The invisible girl made her notions known by jumping up and down in an adorable manner. Well, the only reason it came through as adorable was the way her gloves bounced along with her movements. It was before anyone else could comment on the scene that a familiar voice showed up. 

Bakugo: "Hey, girls. You got a minute?"

It was none other than Bakugo, who the girls were surprised, yet thankful to see.

Uraraka: "Bakugo? You're here?"

Yaoyorozu: "How's (Y/n)? Is he alright?"

Bakugo: [Scratches back of head] "Uh...That's actually why I'm here. I haven't seen him for lunch, so I'm worried he was still upset. However, I think I might have an idea to help cheer him up."

Uraraka: "Really?"

Bakugo: "Yeah. But I need your guy's help! This is something only you girls will be able to pull off. So I'm entrusting you with helping make (Y/n) happy."

All it took was hearing that whatever this was that Bakugo had in mind would make (Y/n) happy to immediately peak the interest of the girls before him. A simple exchange of glances between the group before a unionized nod came, confirming what they needed to do as they turned back to Bakugo with a wave of serious expressions.

Uraraka: "How can we help?"

Bakugo: "Well, as I'm sure you know, Yaoyorozu, seeing as you're a part of the class reps, that U.A. is bringing in cheerleaders from America, right?"

Yaoyorozu: "Yes. I spoke to some of them earlier. They seem rather nice. But why do you ask?"

Bakugo: "Well..." [Grins before returning to normal] "...It just so happens that my boy is really REALLY into--I mean...Really likes cheerleaders. Like, A LOT!"

Uraraka: "Really? (Y/n) likes cheerleaders?"

Tsuyu: [Scratches chin] "I did not realize (Y/n) likes gymnastics?"

Bakugo: "Oh, yeah, he loves it! But--Obviously, he's not in the mood to do any himself right now. So, I was thinking, you girls could dress up as cheerleaders and do some stuff and pull a routine together to show my boy--I mean...To make (Y/n) feel better. Besides...Who doesn't like being cheered on by cute girls, right?"

It didn't take long after Bakugo finished speaking that the girls all turned to each other once more. If they were being honest, it was a little surprising to hear (Y/n) liked gymnastics and cheerleading. He just didn't seem like the type of guy to be into it. Yet, despite the fact it seemed out of left field. The prospect of making him feel better was enough to hype the girls up enough to agree. Once Bakugo heard this, he was more than happy. 

He proceeded to thank the girls and promised this would definitely bring out a reaction from (Y/n). Following this he took his leave, allowing the girls to eat their lunch whilst thinking up of a routine. Though, in the end, it wasn't the routine or anything else that would cheer up (Y/n). At least, in Bakugo's mind, the mere fact of seeing girls in cheerleading uniforms would be more than enough to get a reaction out of (Y/n) and help his boy cheer up.

--Present--

...And boy, did (Y/n) have a reaction. As the girls were now seeing. Still standing in a row, the girls watched on in silence as (Y/n), still holding his nose, repeatedly whacked Bakugo over the head in the distance.

Ashido: "Are we sure (Y/n) likes cheerleading?"

Hagakure: "Yeah, he seems...Excited?"

Jiro: "So excited that he's hitting Bakugo."

Yaoyorozu: "Uraraka? Do you know why he's acting like that?"

Uraraka: "No. But knowing Bakugo, it was probably something funny from when they were kids."

Jiro: "So he's teasing (Y/n) with this?"

Uraraka: "I don't know. But I think he likes it. I mean..." [Smiles] "...At least this way, he's kinda like he was before. And remember, Bakugo said everyone likes being cheered on. So, maybe if we cheer (Y/n) on, he'll feel better."

Yaoyorozu: [Smiles] "You're right. Well then, there's only one thing we can do." [Turns to the others] "Come on then, girls. If we want to keep making (Y/n) happy, let's show him what we prepared."

"YEAH!"

The word came in a loud cry from all the girls before they started going through their routine and began to cheer on their class, but most importantly, (Y/n). However, as they did that, one person was still watching the scene of (Y/n), and that was Tsuyu. A blank expression, her normal Tsu face, as people would refer to it as, remained as she watched (Y/n) repeatedly whack Bakugo in the head. Before a silent chuckle and shake of her head followed.

Tsuyu: [Thoughts] "These other girls are silly. It is obvious why (Y/n) is acting this way..." [Sighs] "He clearly saw me in this outfit and found me attractive. He's afraid of embarrassing himself in front of me that he has decided to take his frustrations out on Bakugo. Not that I am surprised. Bakugo is rather easy to put your frustrations upon." [Speaks out] "But I must pretend I do not notice this. I do not want (Y/n) to get nervous around me, well, as more than he already does."

With a final blink of her eyes and 'ribbit' later, Tsuyu proceeded to join her friends in performing the routine. As she did so, back with (Y/n) and Bakugo, the former finally relented in his attacks. Though it was clear by the countless bumps atop Bakugo's head, that the remark was left fully intact.

(Y/n): "I hope you know you deserve this."

Bakugo: "Come on, man...I was just trying to cheer you up."

(Y/n): "By getting the girls to dress up as cheerleaders?"

Bakugo: "So you're saying you don't like it?"

(Y/n): "...I hate you."

Bakugo could only grin toward his friend as he continued rubbing his sore head. As he did so, everyone's attention was soon directed to the centre stage, where Midnight could now be seen ready to speak into the microphone.

Midnight: "Alright! Now that everything is set up with the recreational games, let's get into the finals of the U.A. Sports Festival! Before I reveal to you what exactly is happening, let's showcase how prized students who managed to get this far!!!"

(Team #1)

1.) Shoto Todoroki
2.) Tenya Iida
3.) Denki Kaminari
4.) Itijam Kaito

(Team #2)

1.) Hitoshi Shinso
2.) Nirengeki Shoda
3.) Yuga Aoyama
4.) Mashirao Ijiro

(Team #3)

1.) (Y/n) Midoriya
2.) Katsuki Bakugo
3.) Eijiro Kirishima
4.) Fumikage Tokoyami

(Team #4)

1.) Ochaco Uraraka
2.) Momo Yaoyorozu
3.) Mei Hatsume

The names and faces of everyone that managed to pass into the next round appeared before the screen. A still expression rested on (Y/n)'s face as his eyes focused on Todoroki's name. The aforementioned boy could be seen standing not far away next to Kaito. It was only when (Y/n) looked away that Kaito proceeded to look in the boy's direction.

Kaito: [Thoughts] "Get ready to lose, Deku. This is where your story ends. You're nothing but a lonely dweeb with only one goal in life...To fall behind me. I'll prove to everyone. Right here and now. That you're no rival."

Midnight: "And there we have it! Now, fifteen is an odd number for what we have next so an extra person will be drafted in. And that person is... Ashido Mina!"

Ashido: "Huh? What...M-Me?"

Midnight: "Indeed! Now with sixteen lucky people who managed to get through to the next round...Actually, speaking of the next round, let's get into it! For the final round of this years Sports Festival, the sixteen students from the four teams that made it up to this stage will duke it out tournament style, One-On-One!"

It didn't take much for the students, and the crowd, to perk their heads up upon hearing that remark. The prospect of fighting their own friends and students became daunting for some. But for others, this was the perfect opportunity to get some payback. 

[Your POV]

So they've decided to end this thing with a one-on-one tournament, huh? Not surprising. I guess this is U.A.'s way of letting each person who managed to get this far to show what they've got when on their own. Though, I'm not exactly keen of having to fight people I know. Though, in saying that, there are a few exceptions that I wouldn't mind having. However, it didn't seem like everyone was okay with that idea.

Kirishima: "What? We've gotta fight each other? But I don't wanna fight the boys!"

Kirishima eagerly turned toward me, Bakugo, and Tokoyami, who was standing opposite us. However, I don't think Kirishima got the response he wanted.

(Y/n): "Sorry, man."

Tokoyami: 'This is what fate has decided."

Bakugo: "I'm going to crush you if we get into a fight."

Kirishima: "W-Wha..." [Sighs] "Fine. Well, at least I'll be able to stand on the stage I've been watching on TV for years now, rig--"

Bakugo: "Sure. Whatever. Pipsqueak."

Kirishima: [Sighs] "...Bros."

With that, Kirishima's head fell in defeat.

Ashido: "Was there a one-on-one tournament last year?"

Iida: "There was. Yes. Each year the sports festival has different games. But the tournaments happen every year. Last year, it was a sports chanbara match."

Ashido: "Oh... Cool."

Midnight: "Now then, we've gathered the names of everyone who managed to move on into the next round. We'll draw lots to determine the brackets of the tournament. Once done, we'll have the recreational games, and then move onto the final round. The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest and save your strength. Whilst I'm certain others of you are...rearing to go~"

...Was it really any surprise that Midnight said that whilst looking at me? Honestly, I'm surprised this woman is allowed to work here.

Midnight: "Now, then! With that done, let's get the first team to--"

"Um...! Excuse me."

(Y/n): "Huh?"

"I'm withdrawing."

As soon as those words entered the air, everyone, including myself turned around to see the person speaking...was Ojiro. With his hand raised into the air, everyone's gaze soon fell on him. As soon as my own eyes landed on his face, I immediately saw the shame and uncertainty in which he carried. But such a look only left me confused. He had moved onto the final round. Why would he be withdrawing? It seemed I wasn't the only one shocked by this, however. The eighty-plus students that filled the field were now all looking at Ojiro, whilst others took it upon themselves to question his choice.

Sero: "Ojiro, why?"

Iida: "This is a rare chance for pros to see you!"

Yaoyorozu: "You won't be able to wrack this opportunity up again."

Ojiro: "I...I know that."

He slowly lowered his hand and kept his head low as he continued.

Ojiro: "...I barely remember anything before the cavalry battle until almost the end."

Before the end...But...Why would he--Wait. Ojiro was on a team with--

"Scouting out the competition? Ha. I, at least, came to say that even if you are in the hero course, if you get carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of war..."

Those were the words that purple haired guy said to me and the rest of 1-A before the Sports festival started. From memory, his name is Shinso. Thinking back to it, he was also on the same team as Ojiro. But something about all this doesn't feel right. And not just the fact that he was on a team with Ojiro, and now Ojiro is claiming that he can't remember much of the last round. The matter is, for someone who stated so blatantly before the sports festival, that he was bringing a declaration of war, so far... he hasn't even been a thought.

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "This Shinso guy has done nothing of remark to draw any attention to him. But maybe that's exactly what he wants. No attention. No focus on him. Like he also said, 'if we get carried away, he'll sweep our feet out from under us'. What's if he doesn't want us to focus on him, so when we least expect it, he'll take us out one by one. And it looks like Ojiro has already become a victim..."

A quick glance toward Shinso, who stood near the back of the group, out from the spotlight, showcased a look that seemed to suggest he wasn't very surprised by this sudden news. That, or he didn't care. Before I could focus any further on him, or question whether if this was some ploy by his Quirk, whatever that was, my gaze was brought back to Ojiro who continued to speak.

Ojiro: "...I know that this is a great chance and that its foolish to waste it..."

Sato: "Ojiro..."

Ojiro: "But...Everyone competed by giving their all! I can't-- I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened."

Sometimes the hardest pain in life is speaking forth the truth, even when you really don't want to. That's what Ojiro was doing right now. He was speaking the truth. His truth...Even if it hurt him to his core.

Hagakure: "You're worrying too much about it!"

Kirishima: "You should just make sure you produce results in the finals!"

Kaminari: "If you're gonna say that, I didn't really do much either."

Jiro: "Duh. We know that, idiot."

Kaminari: [Whilst crying] "Why do you have to be so mean, Jiro?!"

Jiro did nothing but roll her eyes. It was as she did so, that one by one more people spoke out to Ojiro, trying to get him to reconsider. To change his mind. But it clearly wasn't working. You could tell by his face. Now, call it selfish or not. But with everyone speaking so much, I was beginning to grow annoyed at the situation. Before I knew it, my voice just cut everyone off.

(Y/n): "If that's what he wants to do. Let him do it."

"Huh?"

Before long, everyone turned to me. Not the exact response I wanted. But when I saw Ojiro was looking at me as well, there wasn't much chance in redoing it all right now. So I merely continued with what was on my mind.

(Y/n): [Sighs] "...This is a big moment. For everyone here. It'll be a moment you'll remember for the rest of your lives." [Turns to Ojiro] "And Ojiro wants that memory to be a good one. Not one built on lies."

Que the cliche gasps and looks of surprise. I did my best to ignore them as I focused my gaze on the blonde with the tail.

(Y/n): "Look. At the end of the day. Do what you gotta do for yourself. Don't worry about what other people are saying. Block them out, Ojiro. You do what you want to do. What you feel is right. Do that...And you want have any damn regrets."

It seemed my words hit a cord with everyone at that moment. That, or they were just shocked to hear me say such words. Honestly, I didn't really care. But I didn't let my eyes waver from Ojiro's once. I guess I felt in a way, that if he saw me being confident about the advice, he'd feel confident in himself to make a choice. That choice seemed to be made when he simply smiled at me and nodded his head. Before anything could be said, however, another person spoke up.

"Um...Excuse me?"

Turning in the direction of the new voice, everyone's eyes soon landed on a short, overweight boy with silverfish hair. I didn't recognize him. So I guessed he was from Class 1-B. Something that was soon confirmed when the entire class of 1-B stood behind him.

Nirengeki: "I'm Nirengeki Shoda from Class B. I also want to withdraw for the same reason. Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of the sports festival for those who didn't do anything to go into the final round?"

Kirishima: [Almost crying] "What's with these guys? They're so manly!" [Wipes tears] "I respect them so much!"

Bakugo: [Mutters] "Pfft. Just a bunch of extras, if you ask me..."

Iida: "BAKUGO?! What did we say about calling people you don't know extras!"

Bakugo: "Oh, quiet, four eyes!"

Iida: "Fo-Fou-Four eyes?" [Steps back] "I'll have you know, these glasses are prescription. I--"

Bakugo: "Whatever, four eyes."

WHACK!

A quick slap over the back of his head by me was enough to silence Bakugo. Enough so the situation could continue further. Lead by the voice of Present Mic over the loudspeaker.

Present Mic: "This is an unusual turn of events..."

Aizawa: "We'll have to see what chief umpire, Midnight, has to say about this..."

And just like that everyone's eyes turned to Midnight. Though, I'm sure a few were already focused on her before her name was even brought up.

Midnight: "Youthful talk like that is something...I like!" [Whips air] "Ojiro! Shoda! I accept your withdrawals."

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "She decided based on her tastes?"

Midnight: "In that case, we'll have to move up two people from the fifth-place cavalry battle team..."

I didn't know who was the fifth-place team so I merely started looking around for anyone to make a notion. Eventually, it was revealed that the fifth team was from Class 1-B, an all girls team that had Kendo, the class rep for 1-B, on it. However, she didn't look happy. Which I found odd. You think someone would be happy about moving onto the next round? 

In the end, she claimed her team didn't deserve it, and gave the two positions to Tetsutetsu, the guy with the strange eyebrows, and Shiozaki, the girl with vines for hair. Once was all said and done it was finally time to reveal the brackets. At this point, I started to wonder who exactly I would be going up against.

Midnight: [Whips air] "This is the bracket results! After randomly being decided, it appears these are the people facing off with each other! Fight one will be...Tetsutetsu Vs. Kirishima!"

Tetsutetsu: "WHAT?!"

Kirishima: "Again?! This is ridiculous!"

Huh...Apparently, they must have fought before. Probably during the cavalry battle after I left the field.

Midnight: "Fight two will be...Tokoyami Vs. Yaoyorozu!"

Tokoyami: "I'll give it my all."

Yaoyorozu: "Th-That's what I want!"

Midnight: "Fight three! Ashido Vs. Aoyama!"

Aoyama: [Winks] "Merci~ Too bad you've got me as your opponent."

Ashido: "You mean, too lucky!"

One by one everyone's name was called by Midnight. As for me, however, I didn't wait for my name to be called out. Instead, I simply stepped forward and began searching the screen for my name. Eventually, I landed on it. Mine was the first of the tournament and I was versing...

(Y/n): "Hitoshi Shinso?"

The guy who was on Ojiro's team. Alright, I'll be honest, that set me off a little bit as I still don't know what his quirk is, or how he managed to derail Ojiro like that. But before I could focus on that any further, my gaze caught the fight that was next to mine on the screen. Meaning the winner of both would eventually go to face each other. By no surprise, it was as if fate was looking down on me. Because the fight straight after mine was none other than 'Kaito Vs. Kaminari'.

Kaito: [Thoughts] "Hehehe...All I have to do is beat that idiot Kaminari and I'll go up against Deku. Well, isn't it great how life works. Get ready, Deku...Because I'm about to show everyone just how much of a monster and freak you really are."

I knew for certain that fight was going to be interesting. But in good news, at least, my first two fights were against no one from my class. So any hesitation to fight properly were not needed to fear. However, in saying that, I still--

"It's you, isn't it? (Y/n) Midoriya..."

(Y/n): "Hmm?"

Upon turning around, however, I was reminded that I couldn't think too far ahead, as my eyes landed on my opponent, Shinso, who now stood in front of me.

"Depending on our results in the sports festival...They'll consider our transfer into the hero course..."

The words Shinso said upon first meeting him played before my mind. But why? I knew with my abilities alone, I could beat him. But there was that lingering fear about his Quirk, that I just couldn't wrap my head around.

Shinso: "Looking forward to the first match."

(Y/n): "Ye--"

"(Y/n)!"

(Y/n): "Mrgh?"

I couldn't speak. My mouth was covered by...A tail? Immediately my eyes widened as I turned my head around to see Ojiro standing behind me. A glare spread across his face as he eyed off with Shinso. What caught my attention even more was how Shinso simply grinned in reply. Talk about a roller coaster of events for one afternoon. In the end, Shinso said nothing else before walking off. Only then did Ojiro remove his tail from around my mouth.

(Y/n): "I'm guessing you did that for a reason?"

Ojiro: "Don't answer him."

Yep...Definitely a roller coaster of events.

[3rd Person POV]

Following that, the sight of (Y/n) and Ojiro walking off the field could be seen, along with other students as the recreational games took place. However, one person still on the field was Todoroki. Who was looking up at the screen with the fights on it. First up, he was fighting Aoyama. Something that didn't really pique his interest. 

But it was the long game that did that. Todoroki was quick to work out that if he beat Aoyama, and won the fight after would. He would eventually go up against (Y/n) if he won all his fights. A perfect time to prove his Father wrong, and prove a point to himself as well. However, there was still one thing that held Todoroki back.

"You're not the only one to have trauma in your life, Todoroki."

Those were the words (Y/n) said before walking away earlier. And since that point, Todoroki hadn't been able to shake them from his mind. Adding to the matter was (Y/n) suddenly punching Monoma during the cavalry battle. Now, despite not exactly being friends with (Y/n), Todoroki knew enough that there was something he didn't know. It left him questioning it all further. As he did, Uraraka could be seen looking up at her own fight.

Uraraka: "I'm...Fighting...Bakugo?" [Thoughts] "I'm so going to lose."

"Hehehe~ Don't worry. I won't beat you too hard."

Uraraka: "AH!"

 A sudden squeak escaping her lips upon turning around to see Bakugo standing over her. The sight was enough to make Uraraka run off the field. Leaving Bakugo to chuckle to himself, before he saw an interesting sight in the distance...Kaito talking to Shinso, the person (Y/n) was fighting first. The sight alone was enough to leave Bakugo with narrowed eyes toward the pair. It was as this happened, that the recreational games went on. 

Such things as scavenger hunts, where each participant was given various cards with items on them. Such items they would have to gather from somewhere around the arena, or even the crowd. As time went by, more games went on, and the people pushed into the final rounds of the Sports Festival began preparing for their time to shine. Whether it be moments of peace, gathering their thoughts, or anything in between.

Eventually, the time to get to business arrived. During the break, the hero "Cementoss" used his powers to control cement to word a brand new fighting arena in place of the field. This time, the cement-covered map was raised from the ground slightly and given an outline of white paint. (Y/n) witnessed this from within one of the tunnels that led out to the arena. In the distance, Shinso could already be seen standing beside the new battle arena, ready for a fight.

(Y/n): "You know what you've gotta do. Remember what Ojiro said. Do that...And you'll come out on top. Now's the time to do this..."

"Hey!"

(Y/n): "Hmm?" [Turns around] "Oh, All Might..."

The aforementioned hero could be seen approaching (Y/n) with a wave and a smile. It kinda set (Y/n) off focus a little, after remembering how his last conversation with All Might ended. But All Might seemed to have chosen to simply accept what (Y/n) said and moved on.

All Might: "Got a moment to talk?"

(Y/n): "Uh, yeah. I was just about to go out, but..."

All Might: "It will only take but a moment. I just wanted to--"

(Y/n): "All Might. I'm sorry."

All Might: "Huh? What for?"

(Y/n): "For what I said--For...How I said stuff earlier. Saying I wasn't doing this for you. I...I shouldn't have said that. I had a lot on my mind. But...You've done a lot for me. And, in a way, I am doing this for you. Because I won't put your training to waste. So...Yeah...I'm sorry for how I spoke to you earlier."

Upon hearing the words at first, All Might was speechless. He didn't know what to say. But in the end, he remained silent. Dropping his head slightly before chuckling and smiling back.

All Might: "Hehe. You don't have to apologize, (Y/n). I understand you have motivations of your own. I just wanted to come to tell you the best of luck with your fight. You've come a long way since I first met you. And with how you conduct yourself as a hero...and as a person...I am very proud to call you my heir to One For All."

And just like that, (Y/n) was left speechless. He didn't expect such a phrase to come his way. Yet, here he was, he struggled to fully comprehend it all before All Might continued.

All Might: "In life, everyone has their own code. Their own way of living. Their own way of being a hero. You and I may not agree on everything to do with those things. But as long as you do what you believe in, I will always be proud of you, and will back you no matter what. I also know your Mother must be very proud of you...And your brother."

(Y/n): "Y-You...You, um..." [Shakes head] "Yeah. I hope so. Um...Thanks, All Might. I really appreciate that."

All Might: [Bows head] "Of course. Now...You best get going, Young Midoriya. The world is waiting to see that you are here. So all I can say is show them...Show them who you're doing this for. Will sweat and passion on your sleeve. If you do that, no matter what happens...You'll come out on top."

(Y/n) didn't respond this time. Instead, he simply smiled and nodded his head. With that, the pair finally parted ways with (Y/n) turning around and walking out of the tunnel, whilst All Might remained behind. It was as (Y/n) stepped out into the open arena that a wave of cheers flooded the air. All eyes were now on him. But he didn't bother thinking that. The only thing on his mind was getting the job in front of him done.

It seemed that Shinso had the exact same thought as he turned around to face his approaching opponent. Nothing but a smirk ran across the lips of the purple haired male. (Y/n)'s eyes narrowing toward Shinso. Time slowed slightly as the pair faced off. On one side, (Y/n) wanted to keep his promise to Izuku. On the other, Shinso's chance to be accepted into the hero course was now or never. So much was on the line, the only question now was...Who would come out on top?

[Well, if you want to know the answer to that question, be sure to check out next week's chapter of ANTI-HERO! From this point on, it'll be nonstop action for the next three chapters. Now, there still will be laughs and moments in between out of the fight, of course. But for the next three chapters, the main stuff will be the combat and the rest of the tournament. But how will (Y/n) go up against Shinso and whoever else he may face? Well, there's a lot of twists and turns in place. Also, what did Kaito say to Shinso?

There's only one way to find out...So, if you wanna see more, feel free to vote and leave your thoughts in the comments below. If the chapter does better then normal, I may bring out the next chapter a few days earlier. I'll also try and get longer chapters out soon as well. Such as 15k plus. We're still doing 10-11k chapters now, but still, a little more is always worthwhile. But for right now, I'm gonna leave things here, I'm tired and need some sleep. So, yeah, thanks for reading everyone. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope to see you all again soon for another chapter of Anti Hero!!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2K 22
Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him from aspiring to be a hero. When All Might...
98.2K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
104K 2.9K 65
(Y/N) (L/N) is living a normal life with a normal family. Nothing could have been more perfect. Except maybe... if that accident didn't happen. One...
378 14 8
'He must be scared of you, Midoriya! Scaredy, Cat-suki!' In this AU, we have Mean!Deku and Nice!Bakugo. It has always been like this, Bakugo being th...