Breaking His Rules

By itz_ema

Book 1 in the Love and Rules series. Can be read as a standalone. It hurts when you find your boyfriend che... More

🏈1🏈
🏈2🏈
🏈3🏈
🏈4🏈
🏈5🏈
🏈6🏈
🏈7🏈
🏈8🏈
🏈9🏈
🏈10🏈
🏈11🏈
🏈12🏈
🏈13🏈
🏈15🏈
🏈16🏈
🏈17🏈
🏈18🏈
🏈19🏈
🏈20🏈
🏈21🏈
🏈22🏈
🏈23🏈
🏈24🏈
🏈25🏈
🏈26🏈
🏈27🏈
🏈28🏈
🏈29🏈
🏈30🏈
🏈31🏈
Epilogue

🏈14🏈

1.4K 55 77
By itz_ema

Aaron's POV:

After our outing two weeks ago, I half expected Kayla to take me to the arcade again, or maybe to get a tattoo. She's a total wild girl, and it wouldn't have shocked me if she did any of those things.

So it comes as a total shock to me when, instead of going to any of those places, we end up at the Arts and Science museum.

"Mind explaining to me why we're at a museum?", I ask as she drags me inside. I relish the feeling of her warm skin coming in contact with mine, as we enter the huge building where we are greeted with a few statues, a dinosaur skeleton, and a model airplane.

"Because", she says, "a new painting is going to be here, and I do not want to miss it."

She rushes on again, and I have no choice but to be dragged along. She is surprisingly strong and she manages to drag my weight while rushing around the building. Heck, if I had known she was so strong, I probably would have let her handle Jason by herself.

Jason

The slimy douchebag had actually twisted her arm. I had been breaking up an argument between Keon and Steph when I saw him drag her and bend her arm, and I simply lost control of myself. All I saw was red, and the next second, he was on the ground, and Kayla was safely by my side. And as I stared at her and I watched her look at me, I couldn't help the feelings I longed to have.

The feeling to have her lips on mine.

The feeling to be enveloped in her warm feminine scent.

The feeling of being the one to protect her always.

I kicked myself. Kayla is your fake girlfriend, the voice in my head screams at me.

And yet, I can't deny that I want something more.

She drags me past a statue, and I pause to lean against it. The speed that she has used to drag me, as well as my thoughts have left me red, flushed, and panting. Yes, I play football all the time, but that doesn't mean I have endless stamina. Meanwhile the little serpent seems ready to go on forever.

"Take a break", I huff out.

She turns to look at me in shock. "Is little rulebook tired?", she grins as she cocks her eyebrows.

"Seriously, why do you call me that anyway?", I ask, trying to distract her as I get my breath back.

"Why do I call you what?"

"Rulebook. You've called me that ever since we met."

Kayla laughs. "You seriously don't remember?", she asks, and I shake my head. "On the first day of grade school, I was running down the hallway. Everyone else just got out of my way, but you didn't see me. You were reading a book while walking – the book of school rules. And I was in a hurry, so I bumped into you and we both got knocked down on the ground."

I nod. I remember this now.

"And then, after we both got up you said..."

"Don't run in the hallway, it's against the rules", I interrupt her, and she laughs.

"See, you do remember."

"Of course I remember. And every day after that, you made it your life's mission to torment me", I try to keep my voice light, but I must have failed because she instantly turns to me, her big green eyes widening in shock? Surprise?

"I didn't torture you she says, twisting the skull shaped ring round her finger"

"You put earthworms in my pencil case, told everyone that I was a goody two shoes who was older than the class, never respected my authority as class captain, always played pranks on me..."

"Hold up", she says, raising her hand and stopping me. "Firstly, most of that was when I was young. As in ten years old. Also, I actually thought you were older than the class. You've always been really smart and I've just always noticed that."

I feel my cheeks warm a bit.

I laugh it off and she rolls her eyes and stomps her foot impatiently.

"Anyway, I have something I want you to see. It's really important", she says, tugging on my arm. I groan, my fingers reluctantly letting go of the statue as she begins to pull me again. This time however, we only move a few more feet before she stops me in front of a huge painting.

"Isn't it beautiful?", she asks, her voice hushed with awe.

I stare at the piece of artwork in silence. It's a very abstract piece, with different hues of blue and yellow, and a few streaks of purple. I turn to look at Kayla, and I watch her soft breathing, the way her eyes are drawn to the painting, the soft rise and fall of her chest as she breaths almost inaudibly.

"It may not seem like much at first glance, but I think that that's it's beauty", she says, her voice soft, almost as if she is in a trance. "But when you take a step back, that's when it means something."

She takes a step back, and I do the same, forcing my eyes off her body and back towards the image, and I barely hold back a gasp. What was once a canvas stained randomly with color has suddenly transformed before my eyes to reveal...

"A galaxy", I whisper under my breath, and she nods reverently.

"That's the name, right under there", she says, gesturing to a gold plaque under the painting.

"Intergalactic Bursts", I read out. "By Camilla Andasca"

I watch her throat constrict a bit, and I can't help but stare at her. With her peaceful expression, long hair framing her face, she looks far more gorgeous than the piece of art in front of her.

"Sometimes", she says, "I dream about this. Having my own paintings hung in a gallery or museum, knowing that it might inspire the artwork of someone else."

Her voice is light, far away in her thoughts, and I want her to go on talking. "Where do I fit in in this future?", I ask, and she gives a little smile.

"You've just finished playing a football game in the nationals. You win of course. And I'm there in the sidelines, painting the picture of you in your moment of glory. A moment of glory for both of us.", she finishes.

I look at her, and I can't help the grin on my face, even though I know that, at least for me, that future is impossible. I reach down and take her hand. She looks down at where are fingers are linked, but she doesn't say anything.

"I can't wait for you to be a famous artist", I say so quietly that I think she doesn't hear me, but she must have, because she gives my hand a tight little squeeze.

We stay a bit longer that way, holding hands, until she decides we should move on to another painting, and I let her go, my mind in a turmoil.

Because now the lines between love and hate are completely blurred, and I don't know where I fall anymore.

🏈🏈🏈

Kayla and I spend an hour more before we go back to school, and by then, my mind is made up. When we signed this agreement, we had a deal not to catch feelings, and I was certain that that would never happen. However, now I find myself doubting every time I am around her, and for both our sakes, I need to make the right decision.

"I need to get some of my things from the locker room", I say, turning around to face her. She looks tired but happy, and I know that now is the moment to break things off. It's been a long run, but this is where things have to end.

"I'll tag along", she responds, and we set off across the field to the boys' locker rooms.

As we get to the door, Kayla turns around to face me. Now, I think to myself. Now is the moment to break things off permanently.

"Kayla", I say, looking deep into her green eyes.

She looks up at me, her hair framing her pretty face, pink lips in a small smile, and I can't help myself. I lean in and kiss her.

This is not what I am supposed to do. But, if I am going to break up with her, I need to soften it, to make it easier for myself, to kiss her one last time.

She moans softly into the kiss allowing my tongue to slip into her mouth while her arms coming up to tangle in my hair, her body pressing closely against mine.

Her moan travels through me, right into the innermost intimate part of me. I place my hands on her hips, marveling at the curves that fit perfectly in my palm. As I slowly lift her up, her legs instinctively wrap round my waist as I place her against the wall near the door.

Maybe I forgot that she was wearing a skirt because now we are closely pressed against each other with nothing but my trousers and the thin fabric of her underwear keeping us apart. I'm sure she can feel how turned on I am – how turned on she has made me.

She moans again, biting my lip, and I growl, pressing her harder against the wall, relishing the sound of her adorable whimpers.

I pull away to survey her. Her hair is messy, her eyes huge and dark and her lips pink and swollen from our kiss. In that moment, I realize that I have never seen a girl as beautiful as her – not even Alicia.

"Aaron", she whispers my name, and I kiss her neck wile I use one hand to push my glasses back up so they are firmly seated on my nose. I am about returning my attention back to her lips when I hear a voice coming from behind me.

"AARON DELANY"

My eyes widen in shock, my heart hammering inside my chest. No, it couldn't be.

I drop Kayla on the ground where she begins to right her skirt as I turn around to meet the gaze of my mother, who is staring at me in both shock and horror, my dad beside her.

🏈🏈🏈

My parents stare at me and Kayla in shock.

I stare back. What are they doing here? They never ever come to the school.

As if dad hears my unsaid question, he begins to rant. "AARON DELANY IS THIS WHAT WE SENT YOU TO SCHOOL TO DO", he yells, his voice piercing through the still evening air. "WE GET A CALL TO MEET YOUR TEACHER AND THEN WE START LOOKING AROUND FOR YOU AND NO ONE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE, AND YOUR COACH TELLS ME THAT THERE WASN'T EVEN ANY PRACTICE TODAY." he continues yelling and pacing, his hands shaking while my mom, ever the lawyer and diplomat eventually gets him to calm down.

"We're very disappointed in you Aaron", she shakes her head, making it quite obvious how disappointed she is, and I can't help but curl into myself in shame. "Not only are you wasting your time playing football, but your teacher tells me you got into detention and now I find you fornicating with some random hooker..."

"Don't call her that!", I yell out, and my mom turns to me in shock. Usually, I let her say whatever she wants, then I apologize, but I cannot – will not – allow her to insult Kayla.

My mom's eyes travel to Kayla, and I am thankful that it is beginning to get dark. Kayla is lovely and easily the most stunning girl, but she doesn't fit my mother's ideals of the perfect woman.

My mom's eyes go back to me.

"We will talk at home Aaron. Get into your car and drive behind us now."

Kayla takes my hand, squeezing it gently, and I try to squeeze back reassuringly. However, I feel anything but reassured.

As my parents and I go to the parking lot and drive off home, I am only filled with worry at what my parents might do.

A/N: OMG they kissed (for real this time not like the other times). I was so happy writing this chapter until...

His parents found out. What do you think they will do?

Obviously this is a cliff hanger so y'all have to wait for the next chapter.

See you soon loves 💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 296K 32
Highest rank in teen fiction #7 Highest rank in #boyfriend #2 Started 28th August 2016 COMPLETED 8th January 2017 Not edited (update - I wrote this...
4.3K 224 28
Tay is in love with one of her ex bestfriend the only problem is that she is not dating her. Instead Tay is in a relationship with Calvin who makes t...
315K 2.8K 16
Kendall Lockwood spent her life in the shadows of other people. She was athletic but her brother, Austin, was the star quarterback. She was popular b...
6.3K 55 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...