The Art of Letting Go - ENGLOT

By ashley_swift

"My heart broke the day I saw you look at her, the way I look at you." Celestine Addison thought she had it... More

Character Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 4

1.7K 75 8
By ashley_swift

Celestine's POV:

"Hi Love, it's Day 14 and I just got back from having lunch with your parents. They're doing well, and they send their love. It was so nice to catch up with them and talk about old times. Your mom even brought out some of your childhood photos, and we laughed so much looking at them."

"I also took a walk in the park near your apartment, and it was so peaceful and serene. It reminded me of the time we visited the botanical gardens during our trip to Hawaii."

"I miss you terribly, Micah. And I'm always thinking of you." I sighed, adjusting my hold of the camera and smiling softly, "Love you." I said, ending the recording.

I had been doing these vlog diaries every day since Tina suggested it, hoping that Micah could watch them when he wakes up. It was my little way of keeping him connected to the world and to me.

...

"Hey, Babe, it's Day 18," I started, looking at the camera. "I saw a bunch of kids flying kites in the park today, and it was beautiful. It reminded me of the time we went on that hot air balloon ride for our anniversary." I paused, feeling tears start to well up in my eyes. "I miss you so much, Micah. I can't wait for you to come back to me."

I took a deep breath, steadying myself before continuing. "My parents came to visit again today. They send their love and are praying for you every day. They've been such a support to me during this difficult time."

It was hard to believe that just a couple of months ago, we were laughing and joking on our way to the grocery store.

"I love you, Micah," I whispered, "Please come back to me soon."

...

"Hi there, Love. It's Day 19," I said with a small smile, holding the camera in front of me. "Today was a beautiful day. It was sunny and warm, just the way you love it."

"I'm currently going up our favorite hiking trail. I know I shouldn't go alone but I just...I just needed some air and alone time so." I shrugged and chuckled softly, looking at the camera. "Also, remember that art classes I mentioned a few days ago? Yeah well, I still haven't gone and checked it out, even Tina, my therapist keeps bugging me about it but I don't know...I keep pushing it off until the last minute and then I just never go."

I paused and took a breather before staring at the camera, "I should probably check it out huh?" I asked, laughing lightly.

...

"Hi Micah, it's Day 21," I said, holding up the camera in front of me. "It's been a tiring day, but I thought I'd update you on everything that's been happening."

"I spoke to the doctors earlier, and they said that you're making progress. It's slow, but it's still progress. I know that one day you'll be able to see all of these vlogs that I've been making. Maybe even laugh at some of the silly things I say." I chuckled, wiping away a stray tear.

"I love you, Micah. So much. And I miss you every day. But I know that you'll come back to me soon." I blew a kiss towards the camera before ending the recording.

...

"Hey baby, it's Day 22 and I went to the art studio today, hoping to enroll in an art class, but they said they haven't scheduled any classes yet for adults."

I frowned, feeling a mix of frustration and sadness. "I didn't even get to meet the artist that Tina recommended me, so there's that."

"But it's okay," I said, trying to stay positive. "I'll keep checking back and hopefully a class will be available soon. In the meantime, I bought some art supplies and I plan on trying out some new techniques at home."

I took a deep breath, wiping away a tear. "I know you'll wake up soon, and we'll be able to do all the things we love again together. I miss you so much."

I blew a kiss towards the camera, feeling a mix of sadness and hopefulness. "Love you, Micah."

...

"Hey babe, it's Day 26. I hope you're hearing this and that you're getting better." I paused, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"Today, I decided to do something for you. You used to love homemade cookies, especially the oatmeal raisin ones." I held up a plate of warm, freshly-baked cookies to the camera. "I made some for you."

"I also brought your favorite book." I held up a well-worn copy of "The Lord of the Rings". "I know you love this book, and I thought reading it may help bring you back to us."

I walked over to Micah's bed and held the plate of cookies in front of him. "I made your favorite cookies, Micah. I hope you can taste them even in your sleep."

I placed the book on his bedside table and flipped to a random page. "I'll read to you if that's okay. Maybe it'll remind you of our cozy weekends when we would read together for hours."

I read a few pages of "The Lord of the Rings", my voice soft and soothing as I tried to create a sense of calm and familiarity for Micah.

"I love you," I whispered as I finished reading. I smiled softly, feeling a rush of warmth at the memory. "I miss you so much, Micah. But I know that you're a fighter, and you'll make it through this. I'm here for you, always."

I ended the recording, feeling a pang of sadness in my chest. It wasn't easy doing these vlog diaries, but I knew it was important to keep Micah connected to the world outside of his room.

...

"Hi, Micah. Today is Day 27. I can't believe it's already been almost a month since I started this vlog. Time moves so slowly when you're waiting for someone to wake up."

I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. It was a struggle to stay optimistic, knowing that every day that went by without Micah waking up was another day lost.

"I talked to the doctors today, and they said that there hasn't been any change in your condition. But I keep telling myself that it's just a matter of time. You're strong, Micah. I know you'll pull through."

I paused, taking a moment to collect my thoughts. "I went back to the park near your apartment today. It was the same one where we had our first picnic together. Do you remember that day? It was so perfect, just like you."

"Please come back to me soon, Micah. I'm waiting for you."

...

"Hey, Micah, it's Day 30," I said, holding up the camera, "I visited the studio again today." I took a deep breath, my heart heavy with disappointment. "The secretary said it might take a few months before they open the classes again. The artist, Ms. Walsh is apparently busy with exhibitions and other projects right now."

I looked at the camera, trying to put on a brave face. "I know I was looking forward to starting art classes, but I just have to be patient, right?" I said, forcing a smile.

I turned to look at the stoplight before glancing at the camera again. "I wish you could be here with me, love. We could work on our art together." I said, sighing. "But I know you're going to wake up soon, and we'll be able to do all the things we love together again."

I breathed out a sigh, my eyes filling with tears. "I miss you so much, Micah. I miss your laugh and your smile and the way you make me feel. Every day without you feels like an eternity."

I slowed down before parking my car on the side. "But I know you're going to wake up soon. You have to. I need you here with me, Micah. I need you to come back to me." I ended the recording before breaking down in tears.

It was hard to be strong all the time, to keep up the facade that everything would be okay, when deep down, I was scared and unsure. I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath, trying to push away the sadness. But it was always there, lurking behind my smile.

I looked at Micah's photo on my phone, hoping he could somehow feel my love and support. "I'll keep doing these vlogs, Micah," I said, my voice shaky. "I'll keep you updated about everything that's going on in my life, and I know that one day soon, you'll be able to watch them and smile again."

"Please wake up soon, Micah," I whispered. "I need you more than ever."

...

"Oh Micah, you won't believe what a busy day I had," I said towards the camera. "It's Day 37 and we've got the most exciting events coming up."

I took a deep breath and continued, "It's been hard doing these events without you by my side. You're the one who always has the capability to make me feel understood, and being without you makes everything feel incomplete."

"But at the same time, I know you wouldn't want me to stop living or doing what I love," I paused briefly, a small smile making its way to my face. "I can see you telling me to stop sulking and get back to work. It's that fighting spirit of yours that helps us get through these tough times."

"I want you to know that I'll keep doing my best and keep making proud of me when you wake up." I turned to look at the camera once more, smiling lightly. "Please wake up soon, Micah. I need you by my side."

...

(A/N:). Next Chapter could potentially be the chapter of their first meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 2.3K 18
"Of course, it is very limiting to be labeled a lesbian or queer writer. We live in a homophobic culture, and even people who aren't hateful per se a...
10.2K 384 7
One night that's all it took. A short story about two beautiful human beings finding one another . A seven part story .
16.4K 837 13
"So you're a vampire? Like, one hundred percent actual vampire? I've heard scary things about you guys." Eliza Wolfe never expected to find an injur...
40.9K 1.7K 17
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know an...