Fallen Stars| ✎

By Trick_writes

"You obsessed, Riv?" "Always have and always will and nothing is going to change that." - Ella Reid the gi... More

preface
playlist
charcter aesthetic
Prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
charpter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen

chapter twelve

2.3K 70 29
By Trick_writes

For the rest of the day, I was in my room. Amira tried to get me to talk about what happened, but I didn't know if I could tell her about River or what happened with June.

I kept checking my phone, hoping River would apologize, but he never did.

Music fills my ears as I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling. A million thoughts go through my head as I brush fingers through Nix's long fur. I could feel her small chest vibrate as she purred.

Nix was probably six months old. River found her when she was only a few weeks old. He said he found her in a cardboard box by the highway.

My body jerks when my earphones blast with the sound of a phone call. "Jesus." I put a hand over my chest. I lean over and grab my phone off of my nightstand, not checking who it is before I answer.

"Hello?" I pull my phone away from my ear when loud music and people talking fill it. I quickly checked who I was even talking to.

When I read Autumn's contact name on my phone, I knew it wasn't good.

"Ella?" I faintly hear. My brow furrows in confusion when I hear Matthias instead of Autumn. "I lost my phone and Autumn. She was right here, Ella." I could hear the panic in his tone.

I throw my blanket off of me and quickly get out of bed. I use my shoulder to keep my phone in place as I struggle to lace up my converse.

"Where are you?" I could hear the hesitation when my little brother said. "A party." I roll my eyes. "Well, no shit, Matty. I need a location." I snapped.

A few seconds later, I got a message from Autumn's phone telling me their location.

It only took me a ten-minute Uber drive to get to the loud party. God, I wondered whose idea it was to come here. It was most likely Autumn's idea.

I let out a breath before going into the loud house. The smell of alcohol fills my nose immediately. How did two freshmen even get into this party?

My eyes roam the faces of drunk high school kids my age in the hope I would spot Matty or Autumn quickly so I could get out of here already.

I wasn't dressed for a party at all. I looked like a homeless person. I was in an oversize hoodie and some plaid pajama pants. I felt so stupid, even being here.

I pull my phone out and send Matty a quick text in hopes of finding him. I mumble small 'excuses me' and 'can I get through' as I move through the crowds of drunk teens.

I search for about ten minutes before I get a call from my little brother. "I found my phone and...Uh, Noah picked us up." I could hear Noah yelling at Matthias through the phone.

It was just my luck. I wasted 20 dollars to get here. God, I really need to get a car. I mumble 'okay' before I hang up.

"Ella?" I hear from beside me. I turned to find a familiar blonde girl. I give her a small smile. "I didn't know you were coming." Jayln says this over the old music.

Well, I didn't know I was coming either. I wanted to say something but decided not to. "I just got here." I yell over the music.

Jayln looked nice. Her blond hair was down, and she was wearing a small dress and the same old shoes that she was wearing earlier.

I could see the small hint of makeup, which only made me feel more insecure than I already was.

"Here, let's get you a drink." She grabs my wrist, pulling me behind her as she heads in the direction of the kitchen.

I watched as she poured a pink liquid into a red solo cup before handing it to me. My eyes go from here to the cup. "I didn't drug you; don't worry." She laughs.

When she looked around, I took my chance and quickly dumped the cup into the drain. When she looked back in my direction, I acted as if I had just downed the liquid.

Jayln's eyes went wide. "Slow down." I tried my best to act as if I had just drunk it. Jayln took the cup from my hands and put it on the counter.

"Girl, I don't need you getting drunk already." She laughs. She grabs my shoulder, giving them a shake.

"Loosen up a little. Have some fun." She is right. I should loosen up a little and forget about June and River.

But the thought of getting drunk with a girl I don't know doesn't sit right with me. I let my eyes wonder until I spot a familiar redhead.

Parties were always June's thing. So I wasn't surprised to see her here. I missed her. She has been my best friend since the 4th grade.

How could I not miss her?

I let out a breath and tried to ignore the pain in my chest at the thought of losing my best friend.

I jerk slightly when I feel a tap on my shoulder. My eyes widen slightly when I turn to see who just touched me.

I stared up into the brightest blue eyes I think I had ever seen. "Ella right?" The brunette boy said it with a smile.

He was beautiful.

His dark hair was curly, and he had a small gap between his front teeth. His jaw was shaper and his lips were full, but the top was a bit bigger than the bottom.

"You're in my third period." How come I never noticed him before? "I sit behind you." He continued.

I felt bad for not recognizing him. By the look on my face, he knew that I didn't know him.

My eyes dart around the room quickly when I feel eyes burning into my skin. My eyes stopped when they met a familiar, dark pair.

Rivers' jaw was clenched tightly. I noticed a girl looking up at him as she was talking. River was against a wall as he stared at me, but it felt like he was staring through me instead of at me.

"No worries." He said it with a smile. "I feel so bad." I said with an awkward laugh. He shook his head at me. "I promise no hard feelings, but..." He drags it out.

I watch him as he steps back, holding out his hand. "A dance might just fix my broken heart." He says in a playful tone.

I bite the inside of my cheek. I should probably go home but one dance wouldn't hurt right? "Fine." I smile, taking his hand.

I let him guide us onto the dance floor. We both laugh as he spins us, almost knocking over a drunk couple that was sucking each other's faces.

When the song begins to fade, he slowly stops us. He gives me a bright smile as we try to catch our breath.

His light eyes dropped to my lips for a moment. My heart was pounding in my chest when I felt his hand on my cheeks. And I couldn't tell if I wanted him to kiss me or if I wanted to push him away.

I probably would push him away but I'm so caught up in the moment I could care less about what he did.

When he leaned in to kiss me, a fist slammed into the side of his face. I gasped, stumbling back to stay out of the fight.

River stood over the guy, staring down at the boy who was about to kiss me. Angry quickly began to flow through my body.

What the fuck is wrong with him?

The crowd of drunk teens began to chant. "Fight, Fight, Fight." They yelled over the music.

I stared at River, shocked and angry that he would even do this. The boy raised his hands in defense. "Hey man, I didn't know she was your girl."

I looked down at the brunette; his nose was bleeding badly. When the eyes of drunk teens turned to me, everything hit me like a train.

The loud music became too much, and the feeling of people brushing up against me became too much.

I need to get out of here.

When I started pushing through the crowd, I couldn't help but hear River. "Fuck." He rasped out.

I was almost out the front door when I crashed into someone. You have to be fucking with me right now.

"Ella, are you—" I didn't let June finish her sentence. I was already outside and walking as far away from the party as my short legs could take me.

The cold air felt good against my face. I didn't realize how how it was until I was outside. I pull my hoodie over my head as I continue walking down the street.

I let out a shaky breath as I tried my best to calm down my anxiety. "What was I thinking?" I ask myself.

Why did I think I could do normal teen shit? God, I'm fucking stupid. It's like my anxiety has full control over my life.

I hold my hoodie against my stomach as I pull out my phone with my free hand. I curse at myself when my battery dies. Just my luck, isn't it?

I turn to look behind me when I hear the loud footsteps. I scoff at the sight River. His dark hair was messy like he had ran his hands through it a million times.

"Ella—" I cut him off quickly. "No, River, I don't want to hear it." I was upset, and I didn't want to even look at him.

I knew, and he knew, that one laugh or smile could change how I was feeling.

I clenched my jacket in my hand when his warm hand grabbed my bare arm. "Come on, Ella, look at me." He pleaded.

God, I hate him.

I hate the effect he has on me.

I hated that after all these years of hating him, I still craved his touch.

I ripped my arm out of his hold, turning to look at him. "There, are you happy now?" His jaw clenched slightly.

"There, speak." His eyes went from mine to the floor as if he were trying to think of what to say. I scoffed, turning to start walking in the direction of my house again.

"Ella." He groaned, jogging and stopping in front of me to keep me from leaving. I was holding my jacket so tight that my hands began to hurt.

I just wanted to go home. I want to be in bed.

"I'm sorry—" I cut him off quickly. "But you're not River, That's the thing about you: you're never truly sorry. You don't care who you hurt." Rivers' eyes snapped to mine, anger flashing through them.

"You don't know shit." He said through clenched teeth. I laughed. "If you did care, Riv, you wouldn't pull that shit like you did back there." I pointed in the direction of the party.

That's the difference between him and me. I care too much, while he cares too little.

I watch as River runs a hand though his messy black hair.

"You can't kiss me and act like it was nothing and then go punch a guy that shows interest in me." I was growing frustrated, and so was he.

We have never seen eye to eye, and I knew right now it was the same as always. "Ella." He grumbles, but the way he said my name brought a shiver up my spine.

"No Riv. You said it meant nothing." River threw his hands up in frustration.

"Then forget what I said." River rushed out, taking a step forward. I tilt my head back a bit, staring up at him. His dark eyes search mine.

"You said it could never happen again." I whispered. My heart skipped a beat when his hand brushed against my cheek.

He leaned down, his breath fanning my lips as he spoke. "Forget that too." His lips press against mine softly. Warmth spread through my body.

Maybe I was dumb for letting him kiss me again, but the thought of not kissing him ever again just wasn't in the cards for me.

How is everyone?

Sorry if this chapter isn't the best..

How is the story so far?

I finally got my drivers license yesterday!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 1K 45
Hazel Hart has battled through life's toughest challenges, from the tragic loss of both parents, to the harsh reality of sacrificing her dream of att...
819K 16.5K 73
{π˜‰π˜–π˜–π˜’ π˜›π˜žπ˜– π˜–π˜ π˜›π˜π˜Œ π˜“π˜–π˜π˜Œπ˜“π˜Œπ˜šπ˜š π˜›π˜™π˜π˜“π˜–π˜Žπ˜ } The perfect picture of elegance. It's all Violet Amory's known - the foundation of the...
339K 6.4K 66
"What did he - Where did he touch you?" His voice had hardened, mad. I swallowed and looked down. "You son of a-" He walked off the porch, angrily ru...
52.8K 4.3K 41
[Teen and New Adult Romance] "Life as a trailer trash kid is nothing short of shitty, especially when the love of my life pretends that I don't exist...