BEAUTY AND WEALTH | WINRINA

By aespotluck

"Is it wrong for us to be doing this?" The younger girl asks, her tone was hesitant as she backs away a bit... More

NOTE
01 | Second Time Meeting You
03 | Old Times
04 | Cafeteria
05 | Sleepover
06 | Crush On Me
07 | Hold On Tight
08 | Just The Two Of Us
09 | Incident
10 | Avoiding Love
11 | Needing you
12 | Upcoming Performance
13 | Practice
14 | On Stage
15 | Get Over You
(NOTE) KARINA'S RELATIONSHIP

02 | Chemistry

895 46 5
By aespotluck

Years ago...

"Karina-unnie!" The youngest shouted, stumbling on her way towards the oldest. The oldest turned to look at the younger one as she wrapped her arms around Jimin's neck, falling into Jimin's arms. The older one managed to catch her.
"Winter! Be careful, You could've fallen." Jimin said in a soft tone with concern. Minjeong did not care and kept hugging the older one. Of course, the two cared for each other.

The first time they met was when they were five and six. Minjeong and her parents visited Seoul for a month to visit a friend of her father. Yu Chul and Kim Minseo, they both were close as they had similar passions and shared their dreams together since they were children as well. They stayed at the Yu's Resident, that is how Jimin and Minjeong got to know each other from the start.

Although... not really from the start. As Jimin's parents visited Busan to celebrate the new year's with their friends, but Kim Hanuel, as in Minjeong's mother was in her third trimester. Yes, She was pregnant with Minjeong while Jimin was a year older. When Minjeong could finally go home, Minjeong and Jimin met for the first time.

They'd usually go to Seoul, Busan or on a vacation including their parents when they were younger whenever there was a holiday. The first time they met was when it was winter, therefore Jimin gave Minjeong the nickname 'Winter' and Jimin got her nickname 'Karina' from Minjeong due to Jimin liking a model in a magazine she saw who's named was 'Katarina', therefore Minjeong shortened it. They're both close and managed to stay in contact even in a long distance relationship. Just like their fathers.

Minjeong had always been comfortable around the Yu's. They did not judge her if she rather stay inside more often than going outside, or if she doesn't sits properly because she's uncomfortable.

However, one day while they were visiting at Seoul.
Minjeong and Jimin were currently twelve and thirteen years old, thus they were getting more mature and talking about normal girl stuff when they're starting to hit puberty.

"Winter." The older calls out, she was laying on her bed on her stomach with both of her legs up behind her as she was reading a book.

"Yeah?" The younger one replies as she pulled down her headphones, sitting across the older one.

"Have you ever thought about getting a boyfriend?"

"Not really." The younger one was uninterested with the conversation, Minjeong was about to put on her headphones again but Jimin stopped her from doing so.

"Minjeong-ah." The older one stared into the younger's eyes.

"What?"

The room goes silent.

The two kept staring at each other's eyes.

Suddenly, Jimin slowly crept up her posture and got closer towards Minjeong.

Minjeong was confused, though she wasn't thinking of anything bad.

Jimin stared at Minjeong again for a few seconds.
Unexpectedly, she gently pressed her lips against Minjeong's.

Minjeong couldn't reciprocate, she just can't.

Her eyes widened instead.

The kiss only lasted for a couple of seconds.
Jimin broke the kiss but didn't move.

The two were quiet, still processing what just happened between them.

An intimate moment with two girls.

Was this wrong? Was this right?

Minjeong didn't know what to do. She was the younger one after all, she usually thinks that Jimin would know what to do since she is the older one.

Though, even Jimin was silent and did not know how to react. She doesn't even know why she did such a thing so abruptly.

The next day, Minjeong was going to go back to Busan and won't be coming back for a few years due to her father's job being tight. As Jimin and Minjeong ate breakfast with both of their parents, their parents can't help but noticed a sudden vibe between them. They also noticed last night that they didn't sleep together since Minjeong asked her parents if she could sleep on the mattress's floor in their room.

The adults thought that the children were just a bit sad due to them both are going to be parted for a few years. "I suppose you two are going to miss each other, huh. How about you two go do the things you two enjoy doing together?" Said Chul as he tried to cheer them up. Thought it didn't work, They both didn't reply. Minseo spoke directly to Minjeong, "Minjeong, it is very disrespectful not to reply to someone who has a close relationship with you." "Minjeong lifted her head up a bit from her breakfast to look at her father, he was signalling her to have manners. Minjeong sighed quietly and sat up straight as she looked directly towards Chul.
"Thank you for the idea, Mr. Chul. We'll keep it in mind." Chul gave her a reassuring smile that it's fine and they all continued eating breakfast.

Around 12:42pm, Minjeong was in the living room while watching some romcom. Jimin walked down the stairs and called out the younger one, "Minjeong-ah, let's go to the library." Minjeong turned her head to look at Jimin. She was still a bit startled "Library?" She was up for the idea since she liked books aswell, though going there with Jimin would be rather awkward. Jimin nodded.

They both wore their winter jackets, their gloves, their scarf and Minjeong wore a beanie since it was around November and it was starting to snow. They both walked together across the streets, they usually hold hands but this time they didn't. The atmosphere was much more different. It was cold. Minjeong's touch was always warm towards Jimin. They arrived at the library and entered. They went to different sections, although usually they'd stay together and read the summaries of each other's interests. Minjeong was more into Novel or Poetry while Jimin on the other hand liked Romance or Fantasy Fiction.

Minjeong had a couple of books in her arms while Jimin only had one. After they both got the books they wanted, they decided to just relax at the park's bench. Though it was still a lot awkward. They both hadn't even met eyes yet. The two of them had the urge to speak but they couldn't. Minjeong was most likely introverted and is usually hesitant meanwhile Jimin was thinking of what she should say and should lead the situation before Minjeong leaves and regrets not saying anything.

"Winte-" "Kari-"
The two of them got interrupted by each other and remained quiet again, this time it was embarrassing.

After a few minutes of calming down, the older one finally spoke.

"Winter, about yesterday..." Her tone was the usual but more guilty.

"Let's-"

"Let's just forget about it." The younger one finally got the courage to say something, although she interrupted Jimin again and it probably sounded wrong the way she wanted it to sound like.

Jimin blinked multiple times as she kept staring back at Minjeong. That's not what she had in mind.

Though, if wants that... Jimin wouldn't say no.

She could never say no to Minjeong.

The older one had to take responsibility. She sighed softly and placed her left hand on her forehead.

The younger one seemed confused and got worried if she said something wrong, still trying to understand what she said wrong.

"Did I... say something wrong?"

"No, no of course not. You're actually right."

The older girl tries to reassure the worried one.

Though it felt wrong.

Jimin didn't want to forget about it.

Minjeong didn't want to forget about it

They both didn't want to forget about it.

They can't.

As time passes, it's already in the evening.
The time to say goodbyes, the time to feel comfort.
Of course, Chul and Minseo gave each other a long lasting embrace and said their goodbyes to each other. The two women also said their goodbyes and promised to stay in contact.

It was time for Minjeong and Jimin's goodbyes.

The adults were watching with huge smiles on their faces, they're cherishing this moment.
Jimin realises that she should also cherish this moment aswell. It'll be lonely without Minjeong, even though Jimin was already popular in school.
Jimin was about to say something when suddenly, the younger girl ran up towards the older one and wrapped her arms around her.

Embracing her like it's the last time ever.

Jimin returned the embrace after a few seconds later. Deep down, they both know they can't forget what happened. Minjeong could hear Jimin's heart racing, though her expression was calm. Minjeong buried her face onto Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin felt remorseful.

Minjeong felt sorrow.

"I'll miss you, Winter." Jimin's tone softens as she spoke Minjeong's nickname that she made.

"I'll miss Karina-Unnie aswell." Minjeong's grip tightened on Jimin's sweater as she spoke Jimin's nickname that she made.

They both try to enjoy this moment together, though thinking of them being apart aches them. They won't know if in the future they'll even keep in contact after what happened. Jimin broke the embrace, though she was still holding Minjeong in her arms. Minjeong lifted her head to look up at Jimin, her puppy eyes are one of Jimin's weaknesses.

"We'll be fine, right?" The younger one asks.

The older one smiles, warmth she felt.
"Yeah, of course we will. We're Karina and Winter afterall." Her gaze softens as she sees the younger one looking up at her.

After saying goodbyes, Minjeong and her parents entered the plane as the Yoo's watched them from behind the glassz Minjeong sat near the window and saw Jimin waving at Minjeong. Minjeong waved back, though it was probably hard to see Minjeong here from afar.

The plane flew away, far from the airport

Far from the Yu's.

Far from Jimin.

...

NOTE: Hey! Hope you all enjoyed this. I'm having an important exam next week and I need to focus on it aswell, please do understand! Thank you for reading and please stay tuned for further more updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 4.4K 18
Jimin found an abandoned puppy near her workplace and decided to keep it together with her ghost-bestfriend Aeri. But she didn't know that the puppy...
83.5K 3.1K 23
When Winter transfers into an art high school, it messes up all Karina's thoughts, but she doesn't resist, because it's just lust, a sweet desire she...
33.4K 1.6K 20
Karina Yu is a daughter from a rich family whose mother died when she was a little kid. Her grandmother loves her dearly, while her father ignores he...