As The Rain Stops (Slow updat...

By bubbillette

"Two exes, a child, and their not-so-typical family love story." | Tales Of Teyvat #1 || Wriothesley x Neuvil... More

Prologue
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Special Chapter
Eight
Nine
Ten
Neuvillette Day!
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

One

1.3K 32 18
By bubbillette

Neuvillette's

"Do you need anything else, Monsieur Neuvillette?" my secretary asked after she put the files on my table.

"Yes, can you get me a coffee?" I abruptly stop upon remembering something from last night. I quickly shake my head and say, "Oh, nevermind, you can go. I will just get one for myself." My secretary smiles and nods as she walks out of my office. I was left alone, trying to contemplate my thoughts about whether I should go or not.

What happened last night was kind of unexpected. I didn't know that after so many years, we could still meet.

Who and what happened, if you may ask? Well, last night I met Little Sigewinne's father, and I never expected that it was Wriothesley, my ex-boyfriend in college.

It seems that it was not just me who was surprised but also him. I saw how he was stunned upon seeing me; it looks like he, too, never expected that I would run into his kid.

It felt nice seeing him again after so many years that we've been apart. He changed a lot compared to the last time I saw him. But it's a good change, I guess...

From the mere moment that we catch each other's sight, all of the memories I shared with him slowly coming back.

I want to cry and run to him just like I always do back when we're together. But I tried to control myself and my emotions, because he's no longer mine. We're no longer together.

I sighed and put both of my palms on my face, what should I do?

Before we parted ways last night, he invited me over a lunch with Sigewinne. According to him it was to thank me for being with Sigewinne.

I want to turn down his offer, but Sigewinne quickly agreed to his father and started to give me a pleading puppy-eyes — and who am I to turn her down? So I agreed.

But now that I think of it, I should've turn them down instead. I don't think I can talk and look at Wriothesley again.

"Should I go or Should I not?" I asked to myself...

"Oh, wow! You look like a mess, what happened to you?" I immediately fix myself as I heard that voice.

I cleared my throat first before pretending to read the files in front of me, "What are you doing here, Navia?"

"Stop pretending you're working  Neuvy, I already saw your messy state a while ago," she said as she sit on the cushion infront of my table, "So tell me, what happened to you?"

I stare at the papers, then to Navia, then to my papers again before giving up, "I saw him last night." 

Navia's forehead creased, "Him who?" She asked momentarily until her eyes widen upon realizing who I was talking about, "HIM?! YOU MEAN YOUR FREAKING EX, WRIOTHESLEY?!" She freak out.

"Yes."  I answered.

Her expression remain the same for a couple of seconds until her expression changed into a smug

Oh how I hate it when she gives me that kind of expression. It makes me want to run away and leave her.

"How was it? Did you two make up?"  She asked.

"I think he's fine, he even invite me over lunch today with-"

"What?! After 8 freaking years of your break up, he has the nerve to take you out on a date?!" She exclaimed.

I stare at Navia as I let out a deep sigh, "With his daughter, Navia." I said.

Upon hearing that she turned confused, "Huh? Daughter? He has a wife?!"

I nodded, "Yes, he has a daughter," I started, "I met her last night, she's sitting alone on one of the tables of Café Lucerne. I kept her accompany while she was waiting for her father and I could say that she's a wonderful kid, Navia, I'm sure you'll like her too." I said with a smile on my face.

Navia look at me with a hint of worry in her eyes, "Are you okay, Neuvy?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Then, are you going?" She asked again.

Well... Should I?

"I'm not actually sure,"

***

Third Person's

"Daddy look at this!"

"Did you draw that?"

"Yes! Look, this is you, then this is Sigewinne!"

Sigewinne has a wide smile plastered on her face while pointing at everything she draw, making her father smile too.

"You're drawing is beautiful, baby." Wriothesley complimented earning small giggles from Sigewinne.

"Sigewinne has another drawing, daddy! Do you want to see it?"  She asked.

"Hmm, sure! Where is it? Let me see." He asked.

Sigewinne immediately go to her corner to get her other drawing. Once she got it, she quickly go to where her father is to show it to him,

"Sigewinne also drew Mr. Neuvillette!" Sigewinne proudly said, while Wriothesley's smile fades.

He gaze down at her daughter's drawing, appreciating it even though it is a bit unclear and messy.

Neuvillette...

'It's been 8 years since I last saw him, yet he's still the same Neuvillette I once know.

The Neuvillette who loves kids

The Neuvillette who has a kind heart...

The Neuvillette I once loved...

The Neuvillette who once became my world...

He didn't change —well, maybe he became more beautiful, but I know he's still the same Neuvillette.'

"Daddy!" 

Wriothesley snapped out when his daughter called him.

"Yes, baby?"  Sigewinne put down her drawings on her father's table as she sat on his lap.

"Are you okay, daddy?" She asked.
Wriothesley give her a smile,

"Yes baby, I'm fine. Shall we go now? It's almost lunch time." Sigewinne suddenly jump off of Wriothesley's lap and excitedly clap her hands.

"Do you know where his workplace, Daddy? Can we go fetch Mr. Neuvillette? Sigewinne want to see where he works!"  Sigewinne happily said.

"I do know, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to enter there." Wriothesley said making his daughter pouts.

"But, Mr. Neuvillette is nice to Sigewinne, so he will let Sigewinne go to his workplace right, daddy?"  Sigewinne said as she hold her father's arms and she started to pull him up, "Come on daddy, let's go to Mr. Neuvillette! Sigewinne is excited to see him!"

Despite of unsureness with his feelings, Wriothesley chuckles and get up, "Fine, fine, but please behave okay, and don't cause any trouble." He reminded.

"YES, DADDY!" 

*****

"Neuvy~ It's already 11:30, haven't you still made up your mind yet?"  Navia asked as she sipped her tea that Neuvillette's secretary gave her a while ago.

"I'm still busy, stop bothering me about that matter."  Neuvillette said making Navia laugh.

"You're too funny, Neuvy, I never thought that seeing your ex after so many years will make you looks like a high schooler gurl. And besides, aren't you excited to see his kid again?"  She said.

Neuvillette sighed, "As the matter of fact, I miss little Sigewinne, even though I only know her just last night." He started  "Yet, I'm hesitating upon seeing Wriothesley. I don't think I'm in the right mind to face him again."  He added.

"So it is a no?" Navia asked.

Neuvillette sigh again before answering, "It's a n-"

Yet, before he could even finish his words, a knock on his office's door echoed at the four corners of the room. Making both him and Navia turn their attention to the door.

"Please, come in!"  Neuvillette said. Without any second, the door opened revealing his secretary,

"My apologies for my sudden disturbance, Monsieur Neuvillette," his secretary said. "But there is a man with a kid outside asking for you. Should I tell them to leave?" His secretary added.

Neuvillette turns his gaze to Navia, who is now looking at him too. They both look at each other with surprise expressions written on their faces, as if they know they are thinking the same thing.

"It looks like the universe is helping you to decide, Neuvy."  Navia said with a sheepish tone.

"But what if it's not them?" He asked.

"Don't be stupid! We both know it's them!" Navia said, "Now go! And have fun!"  She added,

Neuvillette look at Navia first, and as he see the persistence in Navia's eyes, he sigh deeply and turn his gaze to his secretary who was waiting for his order.

"Tell them to wait for me, I'll be outside in a minute."  He answered earning a nod from his secretary.

"Yes, Monsieur Neuvillette."

---------

-wriollette-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 251 21
In which a girl that used to be childhood best friends with Wriothesley goes missing, only to be found with her abusive husband. ❗️DISCLAIMER THIS BO...
651 33 4
[Wriolette modern au, illustrations included] Being different has always been some kind of a problem for others. Without understanding your own emoti...
28.6K 849 22
It has been weeks since the prophecy had been fulfilled, and Fontaine had been having constant rain. Wriothesley hasn't been outside the Fortress of...
17.1K 437 8
A Non-Canon Wriolette story. !! Possible nsfw if so bottom Neuvillette Started: 13/15/23 !! : Achievements Rank: 75 / 27k+ #genshin ( 02/11/23 )