Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
TΓͺte-Γ -TΓͺte
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Back to the Square
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are waiting for me.

12.7K 548 69
By Seventhjoul

Shaira heard the car stopping as her body hurt with the impact of his older brother. Her vision blurred but she somehow opened her eyes.

She saw her hands with blood but myost dreadful thing there was that she was not in that much pain.

Her eyes wander as he saw Alkov right beside her. His eyes closed and blood from his head.

No. Don't please.

Her hands struggling to reach him. Before she reached him. He saw someone pulling them to the strechers. The last thing she saw before she lost her conciousness was Alkov not responding to anything medico was saying. A lone tear slipped from his face.

.....

Shaira woke up with the nasty smell of disinfectant in a clean white room. Her eyes blurring with the trauma.

"She is waking up."

She heard someone saying then some rustling alongside her.

"Ira."

She heard a voice. No doubt only one person called her by that. Her eyes blurring as tears fall. She hicupped as she surpress her tears. Her mind reeled the incident as realization stuck her.

"Alkov." Shaira said as she sat up on the bed. "Where is he?"

Her eyes moved to Maximus and Dexton whose eyes were red.

"I asked you where is he?  He is okay, right?"

Dexton sighed as he sat beside her on the chair holding her hand.His eyes very close to tearing.

"He is in ICU. Ezra is there. He had a direct side hit but fortunately he ran past the car just in time. He had broken bones. One surgery down. We could not say anything before he woke up. He had hit his head hard."

"He will be okay. Right? Please Dexton, save him. Please, I beg you."

Shaira saw her hands which were okay. They were not covered in blood. Shaira now realized his brother had covered her. He had covered her with his body.

The tears of helplessness fall from her face

"He covered me, Dexton. He saved me. I was the person who was going to get hit."

Shaira cried as she looked at her in front mirror. Just bruises everwhere. Not a single broken bone. No deep cut.

"You would not say that because I am sure even if the roles were reversed you both will do the same things."

Dexton said as he hugged her. Noone could understand his heart when he got a call from the hospital that his two of his siblings was in accident.

"What is the time?"

"It's four am in the morning. It's been twelve hours since the accident."
Maximus said as he looked at her. Shaira yees wide. She was unconscious for twleve hours. She didn't know but she got the feeling that they were not telling her full truth.

Her hand was on her heart when she realised she was alive selfishly. Alkov didn't deserve that. He was hurt. His eyes showed her that. She would never forget those eyes. The eyes which was full of regret, remorse and sadness. His stone cold brother who never thought of anyone else before him didn't even think to jump in front of car. For her.

She sat there with her two brothers for a long time praying his brother woke up.

...

........

Alkov could hear the number of voices. A sting of disinfectant all over him. His eyes blurred when he heard beeps. He wondered if his little sister was safe. He couldn't remember anything after he felt something hard hit him. He did everything he could to not let her hit wit anything even on the fall.

He wanted to save her. A kind soul who faced everything with bright smile on her. She cried easily but she still fisted her hand and stand strongly in front of everyone.

She was everything he wasn't. Kind, lovable. He was a sinner. He hated it. Her thoughts were intruppted as he heard the doctor.

"If you can hear me, please nod your head, Mr. Alkov."

Alkov nodded. All his worry revolved around her. He wanted to get up just to know if she was safe. After that it wouldn't matter he never get conscious but only once.

"Your family is informed, sir. They would be here for any moment." The doctor gave him a smile as his bed rest was lifted. He abruptly stopped doctor with his hand. His throat was dried and he coughed.

"My sister- is she safe?"

Doctor quickly gave her a glass of water. Her eyes shined as she answered him.

"She is. She woke up three hours ago."

He gulped water as tears of relief left his eyes. Doctor eyes softened as she put a hand on his shouder.

"You are safe sir as well as your sister. You saved her."

There conversation was intruppted as the ICU suite was opened with a thud and Dexton eyes met his brother.

Alkov eyes cast down. They never get the chance for confrontation that led them be silent around each other. He never wanted hurt his brother. He did. He realised how easy you could loose your life. He didn't want to regret a single second before apologizing to his brother.

"I am sorry Dex-"

He could not even complete his sentence as Dexton covered the distance in four big steps before he hugged him. His sigh of relief resonated around Alkov. His eyes widened as he heard whispers of his eldest brother to God for saving him.

His eyes watered as he hugged his brother back. He was his brother after all. How could he thought that he would not like him anymore when he loved them more than anything.

"You woke up."

Ezra and Maximus teary eyes hugged his brothers.

"Ouch."

Alkov laughed as everyone pulled apart from him and Ezra checking him again. He love his brothers.

"When will I go back home?"

Alkov said as he looked at his brother.

"Maybe in a week. You would be good with physiotherapy in three months."

Ezra sighed as he looked at his brother.

"I am happy you are alive."

Maximus said as he hugged him back again. He loved his brother and being youngest he had always seen his brother strong but these weak he hated the most.

"My baby brother."

Alkov awed at him as he patted his back making Maximus pulled himself back.

"I would give you a good smack when you get well."

Maximus said as he folded his hands.

"I think he deserved that."

Everyone eyes snapped towards the girl standing in her hospital gown. Her hand embedded in cannula as her black hair covered her face.

Only she knew how much she had begged for him to be alright. She was angry too. At him. At her.

"Shaira what are you doing here?"

"I needed to check someone."
Shaira said as her eyes examined Alkov intently. His forhead was covered with bandages. His one leg was plastered. His hands were bandaged as well with his knees and elbows. He took the hit
afterall.

She was relieved when she heard he would be okay.

"What happened to your cannula, love."

Ezra asked as his eyes went to her hand who was dripping blood.

"That nurse doesn't let me free. So I ripped it. The staff would be here in four minutes exact."

Shaira said her eyes were cold.

Before Ezra could approach her. Shaira's ice cold eyes snapped towards him as that stopped him in his tracts. 

" I would not die with this. So chill." Shaira said. They had never seen her so..... disoriented. Her genius trait became more impeccable when she did that.

Shaira said nonchalantly as she walked towards him and looked stright at Alkov.
Her hand fisted to her side.

"I hate you."

Alkov eyes widen.

" You are the most infuriating person I have ever seen in my life. You were always an antagonist for me. You are a scoundrel. "

"Shaira-"

Dexton eyes widen as Shaira walks past them as she hugged him.

"You are the most hateful person but why did you save me, you idiot. I would have never let myself forgive if something happened to you. I couldn't lose anyone else in my life. "

Her cries could be heard as everyone's eyes soften seeing her clinging to him. Alkov own eyes soften as he looked at her brothers. He patted her head.

" If I would have to do it again. I would do it in a heartbeat."

Shaira cried just became louder. The relief of having Alkov by her side could be heard in them.

"You would not repeat it again. I hate it as it is. I just want you back. I just want my brother."

Shaira didn't move from his side even after staff arrived there. She stubbornly stood her ground and borderline fought with them making Dexton to drag her back from them before she literally buried them with her glare.

All the while, Alkov could not help laugh when the whole charade happened. His eyes never left his sister who never left his side until he fall sleep. They didn't speak much. The air was somewhat awkward but she was looking so relieved seeing him. As his eyes duped.He could feel his sister kissing his forhead.

He knew that day. He could put himself in danger a hundred times again if that meant he could be better for her. If he could gain her love.

.....

"You are okay."

Sebestian rushed in her room seemingly distraught with Daniel and Sabrina behind them. It doesn't take him a second to cross the room and hugged her.

All the way getting weirded out looks from her brothers. She could see Dexton eyebrow twitching but he did a very good job to stay there whereas Maximus was confused but all the bars broke when Sebestian started his kiss baptism-if that's even a thing. He kissed her forehead, her nose and then close to her lips.

Maximus eyes widened as he choked on his drink. Before he could do anything. A loud smack heard and Daniel had hit Sebestian back on his head. He was in between them before anyone could say anything. His eyes glaring at him.

"You batard. How dare you touch her?"

Atmosphere shifted as they both glare at each other. Sabrina snapped them out of it as she hugged her and give a loud kiss on her cheek making them look at her.

Both of them eyes zeroed on Sabrina.

"You would be dead if -"

"-I wasn't your twin."

Sabrina smirked as she completed his sentence and pulled Shaira close to her.

"I know, brother."

Shaira looked at them and then her brothers. Dexton was seeing the drama resuming taking a sip from his coffee. Ezra was giving a quite amusing smile and Maximus jaw was on floor.

"Get away from her, Rina."

Daniel said as he looked at her. Sabrina eyes widen when she heard him with the nickname. He quite literally picked her up from her side and placed her gently on the other side as he went to give Shaira a big bro hug.

Sabrina cleared her throat as her cheeks burned. Sebestian gave her sister a knowing smirk that literally said- I knew it.

"How are you, Shacks?"

Daniel said as Shaira smiled for the first time in conversation hugging him back.

"I am okay, Dan. Just a little bruise here and there."

Shaira replied as she looked at everyone.
She gave them a small smile but the hurt across her face was very evident. Like she was regretting it which was damn awful.

Shaira eyes matched Sebestian as a aloof expression on his face. Her eyes widen as he sat close to her.

"Would you still play, love?"

Sebestian expression was calm. As if his single moment of uncertainty could become betrayal for Shaira. He wanted to be strong for her. If anyone was not able to ask the dreadful question- he would her. He would be strong enough for both of them.

The room was silent. Everyone knew Shaira had to play today. The first thing Dexton had checked when they came to hospital. He could not let just loose her one thing she loves the most.

Shaira looked at him then at Dexton whose cup was still in mid of the air. He was restless. She knew that. She sighed as she played with her fingers.

What would she even do even if she won the competition? Her life was now indebted to one person who was still laying on that bed. He sounded strong but with injuries he had endured there's no way he was okay.

"I don't want to."

A small fisted hands on her and Shaira eyes matched Sebestian.

A small helpless smile with tears fall on her face.

"I- " Her breath chocked. " I don't think I will ever be able to play."

One Swift moment and Dexton was on his side.

"Are your hands okay, Ira? Something hurt. Please don't tell me, you are hidin-"

Shaira looked at him and shook her head.

"I am okay but I really don't want to play anymore."

Dexton eyes harden as he looked at her. Shiara was not crying. A single tear and then she was silent. He didn't wanted her to loose her hobby. He knew if she didn't play today. She would not ever touch that thing -ever. He knew her all to well.

Her eyes was showing pure guilt. A guilt to be the reason of hurting someone. A guilt of making someone suffer.

"I will not ask you to do what you didn't want but I know, Alkov would not have wanted you to give up. He was most excited about it."

Shaira eyes widen as he heard her brother.

"Yes. He didn't show it but his ears perked up everytime someone said something about it."

Ezra smiled as he looked at her.

Shaira gace expression changed as she put on her slippers. Everyone eyes was on her.

"Where are you going?"

Sebestian eyes were showing concern. The purest of blues she had ever seen. Shaira smiled as she kissed Sebestian on cheek making Sebestian eyes widen.

"I would be back. I want to ask someone something."

Dexton cleared his throat as every man threw a stink eye towrds Sebestian. His eyes pinned Sebestian down.

"I would like you to refrain from doing that."

Maximus said as he clenched his teeth making Shaira aware of her surrounding.

Her cheeks turned red as she swiftly nodded and went out of the room.

...

Alkov was awake. The nurse who was attending him told her as soon as she entered his suite.

Her fingers clenched on her sides as she opened her door. She wasn't sure why she was here.

If she was here to ask his validation or why did he saved her. It could cost him his life.

"Dimples!"

Alkov eyes shined as her said her nickname. He was laying there on a half stretched bed with his hand on stomach. His handsome face was covered with bruises all over.

If Shaira could just take away all his pain.

Shaira sighed as she went and sit on the side of bench.

"Do you like me playing voilin?"

Shaira asked after a minute of silence. After all if she could play today it's because of him.

"Yes. Very much."

Alkov said as he looked at her.

"What happened to you?"

Alkov said as his eyes widen and he checked whole of her body. Did she got hit too somewhere?

"Nothing. I just wanted to apologise for my outburst today and thank you for saving my life, Alkov. I am forever indebted to you."

Shaira said she smiled at him. She would not ask him to make her decision. She was not that weak. Alkov needs rest not her emotional burden. The questions which are inside her will need to wait more.

"Get well soon."

Shaira said as she kissed his forehead making his eyes widen. She didn't not give any chance to him to speak as her throat clogged.

She was going out but Alkov stopped her.

"Are you going to perform, Dimples?"

Shaira teared eyes widen as her head snapped towards him. Alkov own eyes was teary.

Shiara didnot say anything as she stood there. Her eyes still matched him. Her hands folded on her chest like she was hugging herself.

"Are you worried about me? Tell me what you wanted to say truthfully."

Alkov's hushed voice made a vent in the Shaira's heart. Her eyes teared as emotion clogged her throat.

"I am sorry Alkov. You got in this because of me. I am really sorry."

Shaira said still standing there. Her guilt took best of her.

"You don't need to say sorry, sorella. I am happy that I saved you. At least I have done one thing good for you."

Shaira eyes closed as she stood there.

"If you want me to thankyou for saving you. Play for me."

Shaira eyes opened asshe saw him. Alkov eyes were full of emotions.

"You asked me if I loved watching you play. Yes I did. So go and win. I would be waiting here for you."

Shaira burst into tears. As much selfish she sounds. She wanted to hear that.

She swiftly went beside him again. Thai time taking his hand she smiled through her tears as she joined their forheads.

"I will play."

"If you are waiting for me."

....

This is your next chapter guys.

How's alkov character development? Do you like it.

Happy reading all.
Ly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 44K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
213K 4K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...
1.2M 37.3K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...
30.2K 1.1K 14
If there's anything Evie Barrett has learned in her sixteen years of living, it's that there's a lot more to family than blood. She's stuck by that f...