Sherlock's Heart

By HarrietSwan98

(WRITTEN BEFORE SEASON 4) What if Sherlock had a daughter? Well he does, a two year old daughter to be exact... More

Chapter 1: How it started...
Chapter 2: Another Holmes
Chapter 3: Uncle Mycroft
Chapter 5: A CASE!
Chapter 6: The Unknown
Chapter 7: A new tail
Chapter 8: Questions?
Chapter 9: Crazy
Chapter 10: A little girls nightmare
Chapter 11: Blood
Chapter 12: Normal ish?
Chapter 13: Seriously?
Chapter 14: My- My?
Chapter 15: A Picture...
Chapter 16: Sebastian
Chapter 17: Hospitals
Chapter 18: Dark Rooms
Chapter 19: The Detective Lives!
Chapter 20: Third Birthday!
Chapter 21: Ew!
Chapter 22: Sick!
Chapter 23: No!
Chapter 24: Sherrinford Holmes
Chapter 25: Didn't see that coming!
Chapter 26: A Long Jet Ride
Chapter 27: New York
Chapter 28: What Have You Done?
Chapter 29: Daddy
Chapter 30: Paintings
Chapter 31: Madness!
Chapter 32: Perfect
Chapter 33: Danger Dolls
Chapter 34: Epilogue
Manchester Attacks
Another Sherlock Story!!

Chapter 4: The child is broke

53.7K 1.5K 2.3K
By HarrietSwan98

The second Abbie woke from her nap she started crying, it wasn't little cries, they were full on hysterical cries. Sherlock being Sherlock tried to tell the toddler she was fine, that there wasn't a need to cry and she was safe but the little girl wasn't having any of it, she just cried louder.

The Detective pulled out his phone and started to do some research on what to do and all he found was trying to comfort her and check for injuries but both were useless. As Sherlock sat in his chair Abbie came over to him and hugged his legs, Sherlock sighed as the two year old wiped her face on his trousers.

He picked her up by her upper arms and sat her on his lap holding her away from him. "What is the matter?" He asked her. "You've been to sleep, you're not hurt so what on earth is wrong?"

Abbie's face was bright red, her eyes were all watery and tears were streaming down her face. Sherlock picked up her back pack and started looking inside of it; He found a pink dummy and tried to give it to her but she pushed it away and cried harder.

Sherlock wanted to pull his hair out, why was this so difficult?

He pulled out his phone and called John. "Get over here now and bring Mary!" He shouted down the phone.

"What's wrong?" John asked.

Sherlock sighed. "The child is broke, she won't stop crying!" He shouted then looked at the distraught child in front of him. "I need your assistance!"

"Alright, alright but we're bringing the baby," John told him. "Give us ten minutes!"

Sherlock cut the call and pocketed his phone, Abbie had now pressed her face into his stomach, her crying seemed to had died down but he could still hear her sniffling and hiccuping.

He gently ran his fingers through her blonde hair. "I didn't know children cried so much," He mumbled. "I knew they got upset easily but you are definitely a drama queen."

And as if Abbie had heard him she sat up and got off Sherlock's lap, she picked up her horse and sat away from her Father. The toddler had brought her knees up to her chest and tears silently fell down her cheeks, she hugged her horse tightly and was looking away from Sherlock.

"And now I've upset her," Sherlock mumbled and closed his eyes.

After about five minutes Sherlock heard some noise, he opened his eyes and saw John carrying Abbie up stairs on his hip, Mary was behind him holding a baby carrier.

"I think she belongs to you," John stated and placed Abbie on Sherlock's lap. "She was trying to get out the front door!"

Abbie looked at Sherlock. "No," She stated and got off Sherlock's lap then walked over to the carrier Mary had put next to the sofa. "Baby."

Mary sat on the sofa and smiled at the little girl. "Her name is Maddie," Mary told her then looked at Sherlock. "She seems fine now."

Sherlock growled. "She wouldn't stop crying and now she hates me," He explained.

"How can a two year old hate you?" John asked and crossed his arms.

"I called her a drama queen and she moved away from me and started crying again," He explained.

"Has she eaten?" Mary asked.

Sherlock frowned. "Eaten?" He asked and tilted his head to the side.

John sighed. "Yes Sherlock, people need food to function," He stated.

"She fell asleep and she hasn't made any sort of indication that she is hungry," Sherlock told them.

"She's two, she can't really show you what she wants especially if she is in a new place," Mary told him.

"Come on we are making her some food," John stated and took his friend into the kitchen.

Abbie watched Sherlock leave the room the looked at Mary and tilted her head to the side.

"Gone," Abbie stated and pointed in the direction Sherlock and John went.

Mary smiled. "He's coming back in a minute, he's getting you some food," She told her.

The toddler looked at the baby then back at Mary and pressed her index finger to her lips. "Shush," She whispered.

Mary laughed lightly. "It's okay she's used to a lot of noise, your Daddy is always shouting about something when he comes over," She explained.

Abbie seemed to frown at the word 'Daddy'. "Huh?" She asked.

The word seemed alien to the toddler, like it was never spoken to her.

Mary picked up the little girl and carried her into the kitchen where John and Sherlock where making Jam sandwiches. Sherlock glanced at Abbie seeing that she had completely calmed down and gave her a small smile.

"Have we settled down now?" Sherlock asked her.

Abbie crossed her arms causing the Watson's to laugh. "Yeah she is so your daughter," John told him and picked up the plate full of sandwiches then placed then on the table. "Sit with her and get her to eat the food."

Sherlock sighed and took Abbie off Mary. He sat her on a chair then he sat next to her and gently pushed the plate towards her, Abbie looked the at sandwiches then picked one up looking it over, she raised her arms and held it towards Sherlock's face.

"I'm not hungry," Sherlock told her.

Abbie's arm didn't move. "No," She said and pouted.

"Be a good role model and eat the sandwich," John mumbled and put his hand over his face.

Sherlock sighed and took a bite out of the sandwich. "Very nice, now Abbie's going to have some," He told her.

The toddler giggled and ate the sandwich happily, Sherlock stared at his daughter... Did that really work?

Every time Abbie picked up a sandwich she would give it to Sherlock to try then she would eat it, it was like he had to check if it was alright.

After Abbie had finished her sandwich, Sherlock handed her a glass of water and as soon as she finished she dropped the glass on the floor.

Mary cleared the floor. "Right now she's feed and watered why don't you give her a bath?" She suggested.

Sherlock nodded. "Excellent idea Mary, the towels are in the cupboard next to the sink," He told her and placed the plate in the sink.

She crossed her arms. "No Sherlock you're giving your daughter a bath," She told him.

John walked in with a few boxes. "Well Mycroft has spoilt his niece," He stated and placed the boxes on the table.

Abbie stood on the chair looking at the boxes. "Look!" She stated and looked at Sherlock.

The three adults and toddler went through the boxes, they found some child shampoo, onesies and kids pull up pants. Mary dragged Sherlock and Abbie into the bathroom and started to fill the bath with water and added some bubbles.

Abbie placed her hands on the rim of the bath and looked in, watching the water slowly rise, she giggled and tried to put her hand in but Sherlock grabbed her hand.

Sherlock pulled her away from the bath. "Abbie no you will get burnt and I've had enough of you crying for one day," He told her then picked her up.

Mary threw some toys in the bath. "You know I never thought I'd see the day Sherlock Holmes would have a child," She told him with a soft smile.

"Can you not bath her?" He asked her.

Mary shook her head. "Your daughter," She told him then turned the tap off. "Okay now remove her clothes."

Sherlock looked at Mary. "Alright, alright," He mumbled and knelt down in front of Abbie.

Sherlock quickly removed her clothes and placed her in the bath causing the toddler to squeal in excitement and splash the water with her little hands. Mary left the bathroom leaving the Father and Daughter to bond and play in the water. Sherlock filled a beaker with water and tipped it over Abbie's hair and face, he gently rubbed shampoo in her hair.

"I prefer you when you're happy," Sherlock told her as he rinsed her hair. "And I think we got off on the wrong foot so lets start again, I am Sherlock Holmes the worlds only consulting Detective and your- erm- well I'm you Dad."

Abbie looked up at him and raised her arms towards him. "Up," she told him.

Sherlock's lips formed into a small smile. He pulled the plug, then picked up a soft white towel picking her up and drying her hair and body, Sherlock put her pull up on then her pink onesie but then he looked at her hair; What to do with all that hair?

Sherlock picked Abbie up and went into the living room. While Sherlock was in the bath room, John had set up a crib for Abbie and Mary had fed baby Maddie.

"So how'd it go?" Mary asked as she held Maddie in her arms.

Sherlock nodded his head. "Very well but I'm not sure what to do with her hair," He said quickly then looked in the boxes.

"You may want these," John told him holding up a small bag of Minnie Mouse hair ties and a little hair brush.

"Ah yes, thank you," He told John then sat on the sofa with Abbie standing in front of him. "Stay still."

Sherlock began to brush Abbie's long hair so all the knots were out, he scrapped her hair into a high pony tail and tied it tight. Sherlock span Abbie round to face him, not too bad considering he had never done it before.

Abbie pulled away from Sherlock and ran to her toy horse which was on the floor where she left it earlier, she looked at Mary and the tiny baby in her arms.

"Baby," Abbie stated happily and went over to see the little baby. "Hi baby!"

"So she knows a few words," Sherlock mumbled and leaned back into the sofa. "We'll have to sort that out."

"Don't take her to the yard," John mumbled.

Sherlock smiled widely. "Excellent idea!" He cheered. "I'll take her on a case!"

What could go wrong?

John sighed. "Are you serious?" He asked.

Sherlock pulled a face. "Of course, you're too busy with Maddie now and I need a new assistance," He explained. "She'll love it!"

Both John and Mary groaned. "Please don't put the child in danger," Mary told her.

Sherlock looked at the two. "I won't let anything happen to her," He told them. "I'm responsible!"

Mary placed Maddie in her carrier. "Yes of course you are," She said sarcastically. "It's getting late so we'll see you soon."

Abbie followed John and Mary out the living room and towards the stairs, Sherlock shot up and grabbed her before she got to the stairs. The toddler pouted and and hugged her horse.

"You need a stair gate!" John shouted and went through the front door.

Sherlock sighed. "Nice try but I have longer legs than you," He told her. "Now what?"

Sherlock sat in his chair then placed Abbie on the floor, now what was there to do? No case, no child care, nothing!

"ARH BORED!" Sherlock shouted and ran his hands through his hair.

Abbie looked at him and tilted her head to the side. "Bo- D," She said.

Sherlock slowly looked at her. "What did you say?" He asked.

"Bod!" She shouted and stood up. "Bod, bod, bod!" She jumped up and down.

Sherlock knelt on the floor in front of her. "Bore- D" He told told her. "Go on, bore-d!"

Abbie thought for a moment. "Bore- D!" She shouted. "Bore- D!"

"Now put it together, bored," He told her.

"BORED!" She shouted. "BORED, BORED, BORED!"

Sherlock chuckled and held Abbie in the air. "Brilliant, you are brilliant!" He cheered. "Now what else shall I teach you?"

For hours Sherlock taught her new words; Bored, please, Detective, John, Mary, Hudson, My- My and the colour blue.

Sherlock was lay across the sofa with Abbie lying on her front, on top of him; She was extremely light, as he breathed Abbie was lift up and down with his chest. Sherlock glanced at the clock nine at night! He lifted Abbie up and let her tuck her head into the crook of his neck, he carried her into his room where he moved her crib, he gently lay her down and cover her and the horse with her pink blanket then he did something he never thought he would, he gently pressed a soft kiss on her fore head then climbed into bed listening to Abbie's soft snoring.

The next case was definitely going to be different!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 1.4K 14
What if the one and only 'Great Sherlock Holmes' suddenly found himself with a three year old in his care? See Sherlock Holmes, Doctor John Watson...
297K 12.3K 42
After the death of an acquaintance, (Y/F/N) decides to move back home to London to attend the funeral. Settling in London, she acquires a job at New...
649K 24.2K 25
Kyna Jocelyn Graham is unusually talented and intelligent, much to her mother's unending and embarrassing horror. For sixteen years Kyna's mother has...
37K 1.7K 32
He was a lonely child. But he had one friend. A friendship born from need, a friendship that has stood for almost thirty years. A friendship that ha...