The Shadow Monarch From Anoth...

By JaeZInsane

The Shadow Monarch In Another World #1 In Shadows 4/6/24 #1 In Kagari 4/2/24 #1 In Solo Leveling 4/12/24 #1 I... More

Bio: The Shadow Summoner
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: A Dragon Slayer, A Celestial Wizard, A Cat, and A Shadow Monarch
Chapter 3: Fairy Tail Meets The Shadow Monarch
Chapter 4: The Shadow Monarch's Past
Chapter 5: Shadow Monarch vs Dragon Slayer, Kagari Sanashi vs Natsu Dragneel
Chapter 6: The Strongest In Fairy Tail
Chapter 7: The Cursed Island of Galuna
Chapter 8: The Cold Emperor And The Demon Of Destruction
Chapter 9: The Cold Emperor vs The Ice Wizard Dragon Slayer and Shadow Monarch
Chapter 10: Save Galuna Island! Natsu, Kagari, and Gray vs Lyon!
Chapter 11: Lifting The Curse
Chapter 13: The Changeling
Chapter 14: Phantom Lord
Chapter 15: The Rescue Mission, Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter 16: War of Guilds
Chapter 17: The Shadow Monarch vs Jose, The Wizard Saint
Chapter 18: The Defeat of Phantom
Chapter 19: The Challenge
Chapter 20: The Shadow Monarch, Kagari vs The Fairy Queen, Titania
Chapter 21: Battle of The Strong
Chapter 22: The Travel to Ravainia
Chapter 23: The Town of Demons
Chapter 24: Wrath of The Demon Horde
Chapter 25: End of The Demon Queen
Chapter 26: Kagari's Housewarming
Chapter 27: Trouble at Akane Resort, Erza's Abduction!!
Chapter 28: Erza's Pain, The Tower of Heaven
Chapter 29: Open Your Heart, Erza
Chapter 30: The Shadow, The Dragon, and The Light
Chapter 31: No Sacrifice, No Victory
Chapter 32: Farewells and Arrivals
Chapter 33: A Journey Into The Past
Chapter 34: Wrath of the Double Dungeon
Chapter 35: The Reawakening
Chapter 36: Wisdom Found In Loss
Chapter 37: Pain and Strength
Jellal's Redemption Arc
Your Opinions on Kagari joining Fairy Tail
Kagari x Erza (Updated)
Kagari's Character Arc
Plotpoints

Chapter 12: Realization and Acceptance

3.7K 90 42
By JaeZInsane

Magnolia

It was around the evening when Kagari and Fairy Tail's strongest team arrived in the City of Magnolia, a very nice looking city that nearly resembled living life in the 1900's back in Kagari's universe, minus all of the the magic and the guilds.

Natsu: We're home!

Happy: Aye, sir!

Gray: I'm bummed. All that work for some lousy Gate Key.

Happy: Yeah, and that S-Class Quest was some big time money.

Erza: Well I'm sorry, but it wasn't an official job. Just be glad you got something.

Kagari: The money would've been nice. I'm just glad those villagers got their memories back and we don't have to deal with a demon going on a rampage.

Erza: I couldn't agree more.

Lucy: They've got a point. Now quit your complaining.

Happy: That's pretty easy for you to say. You got a reward. Can we sell it?!

Lucy: How could you even suggest that, Happy?! You guys just don't get, they're hard to come by.

Lucy: Sure there are lots of Silver Gate Keys, but there are only twelve Gold Zodiac Keys, and I'm lucky enough to have five.

Natsu: It's too bad they're all crazy.

Lucy: You had better watch your mouth, ya punk. Me and my Celestial Spirits are gonna be stronger than you someday!

Kagari: No offense, Natsu. But you're kind of crazy yourself. Did you forget that you challenged me to see who was stronger?

Natsu: Ugh, don't remind me, man.

Gray: So which one of the Zodiac Keys did you end up getting?

Lucy: It's Sagittarius, the Centaur.

Kagari: A centaur, huh? So, it's a half man half horse, Lucy?

Lucy: Yep!

Suddenly, Erza stopped walking along with her smile going away.

Erza: You're all so carefree. It's almost as if you forgotten you face punishment when we get back to the guild.

Kagari: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You guys broke your guild's rules.

Once they remembered that they were in serious trouble, all of them except for Kagari were horrified.

Natsu: But why?

Lucy: Everything worked out in the end! Can't we just forget the whole punishment thing?!

Erza: You're right. Everything worked out, but only because I came here and finished the job none of you were qualified to do. Stealing an S-Class request is a serious offense.

Lucy: We said we're sorry.

Erza: If you promise that you'll never do it again, then I don't think you need to be penalized by the guild.

Erza: Unfortunately, I don't have any say in the matter. Your fate is in Master Makarov's hands. So I'm sure you'll be facing punishment.

Erza: As for you, Kagari. You're not a member of Fairy Tail, and it pains me to say it, but you cannot be punished for your actions.

Kagari: Well, that makes me feel better.

Erza: However, Master Makarov does want to speak with you once we return.

Kagari: Alright then.

Happy: Now I'm scared, you think he's gonna make us do that?!

Suddenly, Gray's face paled as he crouched on the ground, holding his head.

Gray: JUST KILL ME NOW!! I DON'T THINK I CAN LIVE THROUGH THAT AGAIN!!!

Lucy: You guys are freaking me out!!

Natsu: Don't let 'em scare ya. I'll talk the old man out of punishing us. That guy loves me.

Kagari: -_-...I seriously doubt that, and I'm not even getting punished...

Lucy: -_-...I don't know if you should do the talking...

Erza: Natsu, you can't talk your way out of this one. Good luck with that.

As Erza began laughing, Natsu's confidence drained away as sweat poured from his face. Suddenly, Erza was dragging him across the ground by his backpack.

Natsu: NOOO! SAVE MEEEE!!!! Not that! Anything but that! NOOO!!!

Lucy couldn't hold back her fear anymore.

Lucy: Would somebody please tell me what THAT is?! I'm totally freaking out!!!

Kagari could only shake his head in amusement as he walked towards the guild hall while carrying Erza's carriage of belongings as she dragged a still screaming Natsu.

Kagari's Thoughts: (Yup, this is one hell of a crazy bunch. But even so, I can't help but enjoy myself being around them.)

(Timeskip)

Fairy Tail Guild Hall

As they arrived, Kagari set Erza's stuff at the entrance of the guild. His kindness earned him a headslam into Erza's breastplate as a sign of her gratitude, which made him wince in pain.

Once they were inside Fairy Tail, everyone was relieved to see that they all made it back home, and they managed to complete the S-Class Quest. However, although Master Makarov was impressed, that wasn't enough to ease his anger with the four of them.

Makarov was sitting on the counter top, giving them all a very hard stare as they all shuttered in fear.

Makarov: Though I am happy you came back home safe, I am still very disappointed with the four of you. Mark my words you'll be facing that kind of punishment.

Natsu and Gray held each other in fear and Lucy looked like she was about to scream.

Makarov: However, your punishment will have to wait, for now.

Makarov turned his attention towards Kagari.

Makarov: Kagari, my boy. Can I have a word with you...alone?

Kagari: Yes, of course, sir.

Makarov: Erza, make sure those four troublemakers don't try and leave, please?

Kagari followed Makarov into the one of the guild storage rooms. As they were inside, Makarov sat down on a crate with a folder and Kagari sat down on a barrel.

Kagari: Erza told me that you wanted to speak to me about something, sir?

Makarov waited to speak until he was sure that no one outside could hear him. After he was sure that no one was listening, he finally spoke to him.

Makarov: Kagari, remember when I said I would send a message to one of my colleagues, asking if there was any type of magic that existed capable of alternate universal travel?

Kagari: Yes, sir. You told me the day before we found out Natsu and the others went to Galuna Island.

Makarov: Well, when you were gone...I received a response and.. It was discovered. There is a way for you to return home...

Kagari would have asked how, but he heard his grieving tone and saw the grim look on Makarov's face.

Kagari: I'm grateful that you have found a way, but you don't seem very happy about it, sir.

Makarov: Young man, there is a magical spell powerful enough to tear a hole in the space time barrier, however it is a devastatingly evil ritual.

Kagari: What do you mean..?

Makarov: About a hundred years ago, a great evil found it's way into our world. Unfortunately, we never knew his name or where he came from. All we knew is that he came here for the sole purpose of conquering Earthland and destroying all in its path. Many S-Class Mages lost their lives trying to stop his rampage. Until, one day...

Kagari: One day, what?

Makarov: One faithful day, a powerful warrior from the same world as this great evil found his way into ours and their battle commenced. In the end, the warrior proved to be evenly matched with his archemeny. As a way to escape his death, he used this devastating ritual.

"A Ritual Powered by Souls..."

Kagari: A Soul Ritual...?

Makarov: With a single spell, this man managed to harvest the souls of millions of living creatures. Animals, men, women, and children had their souls harvested to give him enough power to create a magical vortex to make his escape as the warrior went through after him, never to be seen again.

Kagari's fists were clenched in his anger. This man sacrificed millions of innocent people just so that he wouldn't face his own death.

Kagari: He sacrificed...millions of people. Just to make his escape?

Makarov: Yes. The survivors of the battle have dubbed this spell "The Dark Soul Ritual" many dark mages have tried to mimic this spell. But other that him, none have succeeded in doing so.

Kagari: And you have no idea who was responsible for the mass genocide...?

Makarov: Sadly no. All we have is his appearance.

Makarov opened the folder and pulled out a picture as he handed it to Kagari.

Makarov: This is the only documented photo the council had on the man.

As soon as Kagari saw the face of the man in the picture, his eyes narrowed in shock. There was no mistaking who this man was...

The red hair, the red beard, the middle aged face, the armor, the coat, and most of all, his violent glowing red eyes.

"Antares... He was here?"

Makarov was in shock to hear that Kagari knew the name of the man who once terrorized their world.

Makarov: You...you know of him?!

Kagari: Yes, his name is Antares, The King of Destruction.

Makarov: Please, tell me. How do you know of him...?

Kagari: He's... one of the reasons behind the events that destroyed my world...

Kagari's Thoughts: I can't tell him the rest... I just can't...

Kagari: I don't understand, what does he have to do with the soul ritual?

Makarov sighed.

Makarov: Kagari, I'm saying that The Dark Soul Ritual...is the only thing in this world that can send you home...

Kagari's world shattered as he heard this news. If he wanted to return home, he would have to commit mass genocide on this world.

Kagari: Damn....

Kagari dropped the photo as Makarov looked at him with deep sympathy in his eyes as he walked towards the door.

Kagari: Forgive me, Makarov...but I need to be alone for a while...

Makarov: I...I understand...

With that, Kagari dashed out of the room with his superhuman speed as he ran towards the guild's entrance.

(Timeskip)

Meanwhile, in the guild hall as everyone was talking and having a good time, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Happy were all sitting down waiting for Makarov to deliver their punishment with Erza ready to stop any potential escapes.

Jet was getting up from his table as a black flash zoomed past him, making him spin around as the flash went outside of the guild hall, leaving a gust of wind.

Gray: Whoa, what was that?

Lucy: Do you think it could have been Kagari?

As the guild members questioned Kagari's quick departure, Makarov walked out of the storage room and sat down on the counter at the bar.

Mirajane: Master, did you tell him...?

Makarov: Yes, I did.

Mirajane: Well, how did he take the news..?

Makarov: He was not pleased. He is very upset and angry. It's best if we leave him be for now. This can't be easy for him.

Gray: What can't be easy for him?

Natsu: What'd you have to tell Kagari, gramps?

Now that everyone in the guild was now questioning Kagari's situation, Makarov simply sighed.

Makarov: You kids might want to take a seat, this is going to be a very long story.

(Timeskip)

Nightfall, Magnolia

Night has now fallen over the City of Magnolia. Far away outside of the city, Kagari finally stopped walking as he stood on a cliff gazing at the bright glowing lights that were coming from the town far in the distance.

Now that he was all alone, Kagari stood by a cliff as he now had time to process all that he was told by Makarov.

Kagari's Thoughts: (If I wish to return home, then I would have to sacrifice the lives of millions...)

Not only would he have to commit mass genocide if he wished to go home, he has also discovered that his archemeny, Antares was here in this universe, a century prior and committed that very same unspeakable atrocity to escape his death.

Kagari's fists were clenched in his extreme anger at remembering what Antares did to him and Earth before he killed him.

"ANTAAARRREEES!!!!!"

With all of his anger and hatred towards The Monarch of Destruction, his magic power began to radiate from his entire body as he let out a monstrous roar right into the night sky, scaring away any animals or living creatures in his vicinity.

As his roar ended, the anger in his eyes would be more than enough to stop any Dark Mage of this world.

Kagari: Antares, if I ever get the opportunity. I swear, I'll kill you again...

Much later, after taking his all of his anger out on very large boulders, Kagari finally fell back to being his usual calm and collected self. But it was now clear to him.

Since the was no way in Hell that he was ever going to use The Dark Soul Ritual as follow in the footsteps of his most hated enemy. He was truly stuck in this new world.

Kagari's Thoughts: (That's it then. There's no way for me to return....but is there a point of me going back...)

No one other than him knew this, but despite all of his power, he failed to protect the Earth from Antares, his family was long since deceased, and if any of his loved ones were still alive, they would be among the survivors of Earth's destruction, traveling to a distant planet, capable of sustaining human live, and they would eventually move on.

They will most likely try to build and make a new society and a new government, but if he could go back home, would Kagari ever fit in that new world? Would those people need him or his power?

As he questioned it, he found himself looking back to Magnolia, gazing at how beautiful and peaceful this new world was compared to his own. Everyone seemed so happy here and as he spent more time here, the more this place grew on him.

But not just the city itself, Fairy Tail had also crossed his mind. He has only known them for a few short days, but over that short time, The Shadow Monarch felt as if he'd grown a bit attached to them. They were the first people he met coming to his world, and they welcomed him with open arms, even gave him a place to stay, and even checked to see if they could send him home.

Even though they couldn't, he'll always be grateful that they tried to help.

The more he thought of them, the more he began to smiled as he laughed at the thought of them.

Kagari: Hehe, there's no denying those guys one hell of a rowdy bunch. But they are still good people...

It different from the guilds he was used too back home, but he still had a great time with them nonetheless. Although, he didn't expect to almost fight a demon with Natsu and Gray. Speaking of those two, them along with Lucy and Happy made a very great team.

There were also a few in the guild that interested him, like Erza. He didn't know much about her and he never fought along side her, but she did manage to peak his interest along with a few others.

Even though he was so far away, he could still see the Fairy Tail Guild Hall in the distance. That place had wizards with so much magic powers who were happy to consider him a part of their "family". He forged bonds with some of them in such a short time, and they grew to become such good friends.

Kagari: Antares came to this world for a reason, I'm sure of it. And I will find out, but for now...

Kagari's anger faded away completely as he thought of the offer Makarov made to him before he left for Galuna Island.

"I am simply offering you a chance, my boy. I've sent a letter to an old colleague of mine in the Magic Council, requesting to see if there is any magic capable of sending you home. However, if there is not, I will offer you a place here for as long as you wish to stay."

Kagari: Well then, I guess my decision has been made...

He stood up as he looked back at Magnolia, and smiled while looking at the city.

Kagari: If I'm going to be here, then I should at least stay with friends...

(Timeskip)

Fairy Tail

Meanwhile back at Fairy Tail, Makarov explained sent the last half hour explaining The Dark Soul Ritual to his children. As they were terrified of that spell's existence, they were also very sorry for Kagari.

He lost his home, and even if he wanted to go back, he would have to do something that he couldn't do.

Gray: Oh man, this has gotta be tough for him.

Lucy: That's horrible.

Natsu: Do you think he'll come back?

Makarov: No one can say, but...I fear Kagari may believe see there is no point in coming back.

As for Erza, she was very neutral about the situation, but in her mind she was still processing on Kagari's situation. She felt bad for him and wondered if he would ever come back. She knew little about him, but knew he was a good person.

She held a sword at his throat twice, but he wasn't ever afraid of her like everyone else in the guild. She knew everyone in the guild was afraid of her and stayed on her good side, but her anger didn't seem to faze him.

All of a sudden, everyone looked to see the guild doors open, and a familiar black haired young man walking back into the guild.

Kagari: Hey everyone, I'm back.

Everyone was shocked to see that Kagari actually decided to return to the guild. Not only that, but he was no longer upset.

Happy: Kagari's back!

Kagari: Yeah, I'm back. It's not like I had anywhere else to go other than here.

Gray: Master Makarov told us about that soul using spell. Sorry, man...

Kagari: It's okay, Gray. I know it's...very, very unfortunate for me..but I'm not going to complain or cry about it...

Some of the mage's blinked in confusion, Kagari was now back to his carefree self even though he's been told of his current predicament.

Lucy: Wait, so...you're not sad about not being able to go back home...?

Kagari: Make no mistake, Lucy. It is...very devastating that I can't go back home...but being depressed about it isn't going to help me...so, I'm just gonna have to accept it, that's all. Now then, with that being said...

As the other wizards were amazed by his inner strength, Kagari walked over towards Master Makarov who was still sitting on the bar counter.

Kagari: Master Makarov, that offer you made me a few days ago. You said that it still stands, right?

Makarov: Yes, why?

Kagari: Well, I'm here because I would like to take you up on that offer.

Makarov: Wait, what?! You mean...

Kagari bowed his head to Makarov before he rose back up and spoke again.

Kagari: That's right, Master Makarov...

"I, Kagari Sanashi, would like to become a member of Fairy Tail..."

Hearing that sent the entire guild hall info shock, but it wasn't long until that shock was replaced by cheers of joy.

Gray: No way, dude. Are you serious?!

Kagari smiled before he held out his hand to Makarov for a hand shake.

Kagari: That's if, you'll take me in, sir?

Then, after a hard stare from Makarov, Fairy Tail's Guild Master he held of his own hand as the two of them shared hands.

Makarov: Of course, it does. You're welcome to stay here for as long as you like.

Makarov: Welcome to Fairy Tail, Kagari Sanashi.

All of the wizards in the guild were now cheering in excitement for Kagari, he was now the newest member of the Fairy Tail Guild and Family.

Natsu patted Kagari on the back.

Natsu: ALRIGHT!! Welcome to the Guild, buddy!

Happy: Aye!

Gray: Yeah, you're really gonna like it here, man.

Kagari: Thanks guys, I have a feeling I'm really going to like it here, too.

Everyone was really excited, not only did they have a new member on the way, but he was also a friend, ally, and very powerful wizard all at once. Erza smiled as she watched him in the crowd of wizards from where she sat.

Erza's Thoughts: (Well, he can't go back home, but at least he's holding his head high. The guild could use more people like him...)

Just then, a realization came into her mind and she smirked.

Erza's Thoughts: (At least now if he defies a Guild Rule, I can punish him for it.)

~*~*~

There you have it, ladles and gentlemen...

The Shadow Monarch is now the newest member of Fairy Tail. What will he do in this new world?

Let me know what you thought about this chapter down in the comments.

Alright guys, I'm gonna do the Changeling Chapter and after that we can finally move on to The Phantom Lord Arc.

Kagari and Erza vs Jose is coming soon!

See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.7K 28
LucyXRogue (I'm not going to change Lucy in any way. It's a pet peeve of mine when other writers change everything about Lucy so I won't do it.) So b...
77.8K 2.8K 40
ErLu Official Twitter: Dark__Maiden with two underscores
30.1K 664 25
Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of the characters in this story unless it is my original plot. This is just a fan fiction I've written for...
4.5K 207 10
── ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚ ── ❝ I'M NOT LEAVING YOU ANYMORE. BELIEVE IT, HOLD ON TO ME, NEVER LET ME GO ❞ TOP RANKINGS! #1 - natsudragneel #1 - laxusdr...