Shades

By authorsommy

"He has no fucking right to fucking touch you!" "You can't tell me who I can and cannot hang out with" He fin... More

Blue
is not
just a feeling
of sadness.
Everything
is deserving
of a
second chance.
Life
is tough
but
so are you.
The strongest
hearts
have
the most
scars.
There is
always
more
to people
they
let on.
Hear
the hell
in

than

25 4 2
By authorsommy

Kate could only look around in confusion as she walked into the hospital. Noelle was right beside her, talking to Parker on the phone. They had practically teleported here because Noelle drove crazy fast.

She noticed a young girl in a ponytail. Alec.

"Kate!" Alec ran and embraced her. Alec's eyes were puffy so she had probably been crying for a long time. Kate cleaned her sister's face.

"Hey, I'm here. It's okay"

Alec nodded and faced the ward door again.

Kate let out a sigh. What had her dad been thinking? Going into drinking again? Was he trying to die and leave Alec all alone? She could only feel anger as she looked at the doctors attending to him in the ward. Call her wicked, but she felt like yelling at him and telling him how irresponsible and selfish he was. She knew how scared Alec was, having to think that she would lose another parent too.

But deep down, she was just as scared of losing her dad.

"I finally convinced him not to come" Noelle said as she joined them.

Kate nodded. Parker could be stubborn at times and she didn't want him getting worried if he should come.

"Here"

She looked up as Tyler handed Alec a glass of water. He really was her big brother figure.

"Hi, Kate" He smiled. He turned to Noelle and then back to her.

"Oh, sorry. This is Noelle. Noelle, Tyler" she introduced simply.

"I'm Kat's favourite person" Noelle said proudly as she shook Tyler's stretched out hand.

Kate rolled her eyes. Atleast she wasn't saying 'bestest bitch'

"How's he?" She asked Tyler.

Tyler looked towards the ward door and at Alec's devastated face.

"He's good"

That was a lie.

Kate nodded.

She left Alec with Noelle a while later as she and Tyler went outside for a talk.

"So, how exactly is he?" She asked again.

Tyler sighed heavily and rubbed the back of his head, "His liver condition has gotten worse. They think its cirrhosis. I don't know shit about that stuff but it sounded serious."

It was.

Kate nodded and looked at the dark skies. It was already 8p.m. The air was cold on her skin but she didn't try to cuddle her jacket even though she was shivering.

What was she supposed to do now? Cr All these years of being without him and now... was it because she left that night? She sniffed.

There would be no tears. Sure the medical bills would pile up even more and she might have to be coming over frequently to check up on Alec, but she would get through with it. She had survived Steve so she would survive this too.

"It's pretty cold, we should go inside, Kate"

Tyler wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her inside.

"Kate!" Alec was hopping around excitedly as she came in with Tyler.

Kate looked at Noelle who just smiled and pointed at the door.

"He's conscious now" Alec sighed in relief.  "Gosh, I was so scared."

"You can go in and see him" Kate gave her a warm smile.

Alec's face fell a little.  "What about you?"

"I..."

It was probably too soon to face him now. Especially after their fight the last time.

"I'll speak to the doctor and join you later" she assured.

"Alright" Alec didn't argue twice and entered the room.

"You're not going to see him, are you?" Noelle walked towards her.

She shrugged.

After talking with the doctor, Kate decided to spend the night with Alec. Their dad was going to be in the hospital for a few days so she couldn't stay long but she could atleast spend the night. Alec had made her promise an everyday face-time before she left the following morning with Noelle.

***

It had been a week since her dad's incident. A week of happy facetimes with Alec and Tyler but not seeing her dad. Also, a week without a certain blue eyes around. And that bothered her even more. She didn't know why, but it did.

The basketball team had gone for an away game so Parker and Dylan's absence were understandable. But Kate was sure that Damien was ignoring her. She had tried to talk to him before they went for their game but it was either Brianna showed up or he acted like he didn't notice her. First it looked like a small coincidence but then, it happened every time. At school, the two times he showed up at the bar.

Every. Single. Time.

She wasn't even bothered about him anymore, she was just annoyed. Ever since she met him, they were moving from one problem to the other. They had only resolved from their last 'I'm ignoring you' game before she had to make that comment about him. Somehow, she felt it was her fault but then again, that didn't mean he could just ignore her for a whole week.

But at least they would be back today. And they would definitely come to the bar for a few drinks.

"Kate" James came from the staff's changing room. He winked at Noelle who just gave him a tight smile.

"Sometimes, I regret working here" Noelle whispered.

"Do you need me to take out the trash?" Kate asked James.

That seemed to be the only thing he needed her for now.

"Oh no, Kate. The trash isn't full yet"

She rolled her eyes with a scoff.

"I need a favor" James rested his arm on the countertop.

She and Noelle glanced at each other. James? A favor?

"You're a dancer, right?"

"I dance, yes"

"Could you maybe perform tonight?"

Kate blinked.

Noelke blinked.

Was he serious right now?

"What?" She was dumbfounded.

"Yeah, what?" Noelle sassed. "Kat isn't some kind of stripper." She turned to Kate with a wink, "Though you'd look really hot in stripper clothes."

Kate face palmed herself.

"Come on, I'll pay you extra tonight" James pleaded.

Noelle noticed the glint in her eyes at the mention of an extra pay. She banged her palm on the counter, making both James and Kate jerk.

"No! No, Kat. No."

"One second" Kate said to James and pulled Noelle aside. "Elle--"

"Don't you dare tell me about your dad." Noelle hissed.

"But the money" Kate pouted.

"You have three ass jobs, Kat. Parker is going to be back tonight and you do not want him to see you in a stripper outfit"

"It's not going to be a stripper outfit."

"Are you seriously thinking about this?" Noelle gave her a weird look.

Was she? Kate shook her head. What on earth was she thinking?

"And besides, you'll finally get to talk to Carter today without him chickening out"

"Who says I wanted to talk to him?" Kate folded her arms.

"You've been sulking for a week! And we both know it's not because of your dad"

"I haven't been sulking"

Kate rolled her eyes. How did the discussion change to Damien all of a sudden?

"Well, do you want to talk to him or not? Because you sure as hell can't do that when you're 10 feet away on a strip pole."

Kate ignored Noelle's smirk and turned to James. "Sorry, I can't do it, James"

"You're no fun" James waved them off and walked away.

The night drew fast and the bar was full again. The basketball team arrived and were in full victory mode. They sat at their usual table and had shots on top shots. Every player was at the table except Damien and Dylan. Even the coach was there.

Kate was placing more drinks on their table and couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Yo, Carter totally lost his game there" a guy slurred.

Trey made a sound that sounded like a scoff, "He never misses a ball apparently. But today, he missed three shots in the net" He shook his head. "He even missed that dunk. That was so easy man. We're so lucky we won"

Kate paused. It only took her watching him at one game to know how good a player Damien was. So missing three shots? She turned to Parker to ask him but he was already passed out. He was always a light drinker like her.

"Hey guys, be quiet. His girlfriend is right there" She heard Justin snicker.

She glared at him as the guys laughed before walking away.

A few minutes later, Dylan walked in. Alone. He walked to the counter and glanced at his teammates who cheered on seeing him.

"Hi Noelle, Kate" he greeted with his usual smile.

"Where's your little boyfriend?" Noelle teased.

"You could come with me and I'll show you" Dylan smirked.

Ugh, flirting freaks.

Kate tapped Dylan. She didn't need to say the words for him to know what she was asking for.

"He's not coming" he shook his head at her.

She chewed her lip, "Where is he?"

Dylan hesitated before answering, "He's at the school gym"

Kate grabbed her purse as she prepared to leave. Noelle nodded at her, her way of saying that she would cover up her absence.

"Kate?" Dylan called when she started to walk to the door.

She turned to him.

"He's upset. Go easy on him"

Was there ever a time she was hard on him? Well, except ignoring him and making that comment. Other than that, they were really good friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Let's see your comments rolling in! Seriously, guys ^_^

I'm planning a giveaway...what do y'all think?¿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
1.6M 63.5K 54
Sequel of His girl Damien Russo, his name makes people scared. Almost everyone knows him either for being a successful billionaire or for being the p...
1.1M 38K 71
"Can you honestly believe your sister is marrying Damien- fucking- Gray??" "Yeah." "Aren't you excited? He's rich. He's hot. And now you get to see h...