Daylight (Coming Soon)

By weirdoscorner1917

Caroline's younger sister is coming back from her boarding school abroad. What happens when she meets her oth... More

Cast
*Extended Cast*
Moodboards
Melody's Tattoos & their Meanings
Melody's Car, Bedroom, Bathroom & Closet
Erik's Cars/Motorcycle, Bedroom, Bathroom & Closet
Mikaelson Family Ages/Partners
β˜€οΈ Act 1 ~ Season 3 β˜€οΈ
β˜€οΈ All Act 1 Chapters β˜€οΈ
1 - Senior Prank Night Gone Wrong
2 - New Kids on the Block
4 - Uncovered Truths

3 - Ghost Town

680 31 37
By weirdoscorner1917

Play the song linked above a bit towards when Melody is waking up in her dream in the woods.

Melody's outfit is still the same thing from the previous chapter. It'll change to the outfit above a bit later on in this chapter.

I'm not going to add them below when mentioned. I want to keep it with the outfit above for this story. 🩷

This chapter will be from the 3rd,
Melody & Erik's perspectives.

The beginning of this chapter will be a continuation of the previous chapter. The next chapter too. I wanted to separate them up a bit. If I didn't break them up the chapters would've ended up being almost 5-7kish words 💀

Play the song above when Melody starts to hum along with the song. 😊

There definitely will be more cute fluffy Melody & Erik scenes in this chapter along with the next chapter too.

What should their ship name be? Let me know!

Also what do y'all think of the creepy shadow monster and the lady in the yellow dress? Especially after what happened from the last chapter? Are they good? Bad? A bit of both?

Erik is also a character of my own creation & Melody's love interest. I've had a few confused comments asking who he is. There will be a few hints of his age in this chapter too. I figured I'd clarify that here. (I did add it into the extended cast too incase no one actually reads these weird ass ramblings of mine lmao)

He does wear a daylight ring cause he wants to. I know he's a tribrid but like Santa Klaus he still wears it cause why not. Plus, it's definitely easier than just going around without one screaming he's a tribrid making it easier to kill him or have Mikael find him too.

Jeremy & Bonnie aren't dating in this book. Wanted to point out that now cause she's gonna end up with someone else who'll appear soon. 😊🤭

I hope y'all enjoy this chaos, a bit sad & fluffy chapter that I am creating. 😈😏🩷

-This chapter has not been edited or checked for spelling mistakes, so if there's mistakes lmk. I'll try to fix them once the entire story is complete or when I can.-

As Melody fell onto the ground.

Her blonde hair seemingly sprawled around her head like a halo from a fallen Angel.

Erik's neck was snapped by an unknown seen force.

Both had immediately disappeared and their bodies were brought to the town's cemetery near a grave.

The blonde haired woman that Melody had seen before gently cupped the young girls face hoping to see her in her dreams.

Shadow glared at the blonde woman in the yellow dress as it stood at the entrance of the cemetery. It was considered a sacred area and it couldn't cross the cemetery or its surrounding boundaries.

It wanted the young girl to give up her life to it and her soul just to feed itself.

After all she definitely had a delicious soul too at that. It was filled with love, pain, sadness and so so so much more that would and could possibly satiate the monster for years to come.

Not to mention the young Forbes girl has the gift or was it the sight?

It didn't matter to the shadow monster.

It would have and devour the young girl's soul sooner or later.

⋆☀️⋆☀️⋆☀️⋆

As Melody slept on the grave.

She seems to walk around in her dream wandering around in the endless empty forest.

She screamed out at times just hoping someone would answer back. Maybe Erik would hear her?

She softly sighed as she heard someone softly singing.

Following the voice she came to a small clearing. The singing got louder and louder the more that Melody got closer.

She frowned as she recognized the song but couldn't seem to place it.

The song was definitely a bit familiar to the young girl but where had she heard it before.

A fire was lit and sitting on a log was the blonde woman from before.

Still singing and not acknowledging the young Forbes girl.

Maybe when she danced at one point and it was in one of her music playlists?

Melody softly hums along trying to figure out where she'd listened to it.

"When all was done, she turned to run
Dancing to the setting sun as he watched her
And ever more he thought he saw
A glimpse of her upon the moors forever
He'd hear her say
"Promise me, when you see
A white rose you'll think of me
I love you so
Never let go
I will be your ghost of a rose"

The woman in yellow then ended the song.

Looking at Melody who stared at her with a sad smile on her lips.

Melody then softly asks "Who are you? Where are we? What was that monster I saw earlier in school? Where's Erik?"

The woman smiles sadly at the girl. She moved closer to Melody.

Gently stoking her cheeks.

She then softly said "My name is Aspen Melody Harding-Forbes. I'm your mother Melody. As for where we are, well we're inside your mind. The creature you saw earlier tried to take your soul forcefully. As for what it is...it's a bit hard to explain but to put it plainly, it's a soul devourer. It steals and devours souls of your kind or any human and supernatural it's craving. It somehow the creature had set its sights on you when you had seen it feeding on another child at your school. Don't let it in or let it eat your soul,little song." Melody stared at her mother.

Melody softly asks "How are you my real mother? I'm not adopted. I remember growing up as Caroline's sister." Aspen smiled sadly at the skeptical young girl.

She then says "Ask your mother Liz about me. It'll be a bit painful at first but she'll give you the answers you seek. I have to go now. I will see you soon again, little song." Aspen kissed Melody's forehead which had closed her eyes.

Waking up she looks around the empty cemetery. She slowly sat up, her head was pounding with an upcoming headache.

Erik slowly sat up and rubbed his neck.

Both looked at the gravestone that was next to Melody.

It had the name Aspen Melody Harding-Forbes. "A beloved mother, sister, wife and friend. A kind soul that's gone but never forgotten."

Melody started to tear up seeing the gravestone.

Was it true? Was the woman in yellow really her mother? Was her entire life a lie?

Erik helped her up and took her home.

Neither spoke about what had happened and he didn't want to pressure her to say anything that happened.

· · ─────── ·☀️· ─────── · ·

It had been a few days.

I hadn't spoken to mom about the woman in yellow or Aspen as her grave and what she told me. Which I didn't really seem to mind.

Care would occasionally ask me what was wrong but I didn't ever seem to have an actual answer for her.

I'd just smile and tell her "I'm fine. I'm a bit tired or nervous with Erik being close to me." Which was true.

I'd barely slept and Erik being around me often always made me nervous. I rarely dated anyone so him being close or clinging to me scared me a bit.

I stared at myself in my mirror.

My tired brown eyes stared back at myself.

I was going to help set up for some sort of function for the town.

Care had me sign up at the last minute.

I didn't mind helping out. I honestly needed a distraction from what had been occupying my mind.

Today I was wearing a lavender long sleeved crop with a pair of multi colored striped cut off shorts with a pair of high top sneakers with lavender flowers hand painted onto them.

The sneakers had been a gift from Care who found them online and knew I'd love them. I do. I cherished them which is why I rarely wore them. They were sentimental and I didn't want them to be ruined.

My hair was down for now but I had a few scrunchies and hair clips in my purse in case I needed them or if one of the girls needed them.

I softly sighed as I grabbed my purse and left.

I needed to talk to mom tonight or tomorrow if she didn't come home tonight.

☀️

I was untangling some of the weird ugly ass lights while handing them to Bonnie who was wrapping them around the lamp post with Care.

Bonnie had been talking about her boy troubles.

Her last date last night had been a disaster.

Apparently, he wanted her to pay for their dinner, he left his wallet at his house after that he then asked her to go to a motel with him. That was all after he had asked her out again which she declined.

I felt eyes on me and the atmosphere shifted a bit as a car pulled up. I looked up to see Damon in his car. Erik pulled up behind him parking his motorcycle.

I froze and tears slowly started to fill my eyes as I stared at Damon who sent me a small wave.

My anger slowly came out and started to bubble up inside me. I wanted him dead or at the very least his neck snapped.

He then says "Barbie, Witchy, Scary Tribrid Freak and Bottle Blonde Bombshell. We all need to talk." I flinched at the Bottle Blonde Bombshell nickname.

Erik growls at him moving behind him quickly before breaking his arm while making many passersby's ignore the commotion between the two.

He then irritably tells Damon "Whatever problem you are having just leave all three girls, especially Melody out of it. Do you understand Salvatore?" Damon grunts.

He then says "Look I just needed to have Bonnie fix this spirit problem we're . I almost died at the hands of Mason Lockwood." I furrowed my brows at that.

When did Mason Lockwood die? How did he die?

Bonnie irritably asks "What do you mean Mason tried to kill you?" Erik narrowed his eyes at Damon.

A familiar voice then says "He's right, little song. Spirits can now talk to or see the living even harm them." I froze and we all turned to see Aspen.

She smiles at us. Her yellow dress seemed to flow around her almost like it was painted onto her body.

She softly says "Caroline and Bonnie you girls have grown up so much. You both are such beautiful girls. Your ancestors are so proud of how far you've come Bonnie, especially your grandmother." Bonnie smiles and she starts to tear up.

I hugged her tightly. She then hugged me back and softly sniffled trying her hardest to not cry.

I knew her grams dying broke her heart so much so Care and I helped her with her grief.

We did everything to help her out which I knew made Care happy by making her family a ton of food, helping organize the funeral with paid expenses and helping Bonnie with anything else.

Aspen then says "A few someone's came to speak with you girls with me." A tall dark skinned woman who had her hair in intricate braids comes out.

She wore an elegant long emerald green low-cut jumpsuit. It seemed a bit more modern yet at the same time it wasn't.

The woman smiled at us and smiled even proudly at Erik.

She calmly says "I'm Anya, it's nice to see you again Erik. You have grown up from the young boy you once were. Your twin brother Henrik wanted to come see you one day, but he found peace a few centuries ago. He does come visit us. He wanted me to tell you that he misses you and to-." She was cut off by Bonnie's phone ringing.

Bonnie softly but sheepishly says "I'm sorry. I-I thought that I had turned my phone on silent." Anya smiles and nods at her.

Bonnie walks away towards a nearby bench and answers the phone call.

Anya continues "He told me to tell you Erik to accept that part of yourself you've always rejected." Erik was quiet for several minutes.

He then nodded at her.

I felt their eyes shift onto me. I shifted uncomfortably a bit. Care then sped to stand next to me wrapping me up in her arms.

Elena then came up to us looking a bit flustered.

Care hisses and growled at her.

Aspen calmly says "Easy Care. If she tries anything Anya will hex her." Elena shifted uncomfortably.

She then asks "Can I talk to Melody alone please?" Everyone went to object.

I held my hand up making everyone quiet down as Bonnie came back to the group.

I softly say "I'll do it but only if Erik comes too. If anything happens or she tries anything I know he'll murder her." Erik nodded and chuckled knowing I was right.

He then quickly snapped Damon's neck making him lean back in his seat in his car.

Elena gasps and stares at him, a bit worried and scared.

She knew with Erik beside me nothing she tried, did or even said would ever make me forgive her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.4K 28
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 | the vampire diaries 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 π’π€π‹π•π€π“πŽπ‘π„ she looked up at the stars as she missed him while he did the same 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩...
30.7K 1K 60
"The things that set us apart from others are what make us who we are. Good and bad." "If you feel like your thoughts make you crazy, then I'm ten ti...
643K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
125K 1.9K 22
What happens when the mikaelsons return to town and find out secrets there youngest brother has been helping to hide for 17 years. Will an old flame...