Mend | NCT Haechan

By latteddoing

Na Jaein and Lee Haechan: two ex-lovers that reunited after 2 years. Will they fall in love again or stay bro... More

characters
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thrity seven
thirty eight
thrity nine
fourty
epilogue

thirty one

1K 34 9
By latteddoing

It was the day of Doyoung and Jena's wedding and everyone had already arrived at the location. Turns out the actually wedding was outside of the hotel which shows the sunset from the horizon and the reception was right inside.

Jaein had been taking pictures all day from the wall of the flower girls, the bridesmaids (Alice, Erin, and Hyunji) and the grooms (Haechan, Mark, and Jeno) and the vows between Doyoung and Jena. Not to forget, she got happy pictures with the attendees too.

Now they were inside the reception where Doyoung and Jena had their own table with their felllow bridesmaids and grooms while everyone else was assigned to a table and a seat. The wedding was definitely pastel blue themed with florals so it gave relaxation to guest who are in the environment.

In terms of who Jena knew, she was assigned at a table with Jaemin, Chenle, Renjun, Jisung and 3 of Jena's high school friends from America named Serena, Nathan, and Paige, in whom Alice knew too. Turns out they're carbon copies of Jena as to how they think realistically but more on the laid back happier side. In addition, Nathan was Korean so he translated pretty well while Jaemin, Renjun, and Chenle knew basic English.

Taeyong, Jaehyun, Yuta, Taeil, Haein, Johnny, and Jungwoo were assigned to a different table.

Not many parents were here, mainly the parents of the Lee cousins and the Kim family attended. Some family friends from both side attended too in addition to Jena and Doyoung's prior friends so the guest count was around 130 guests.

The food was a fancy restaurant type of beat. Everyone had the same menu and they ordered based on the 4 course meal that they wanted: two appetizers, entree, and a desert. In addition, each of the tables had 2-3 bread bowls to fill the guest up while waiting for the food.

Doyoung and Jena got up to the stage and said their welcoming speeches thanking everyone. Jaein was there taking her pictures.

"Thank you everyone for coming to our wedding and we hope that you enjoy the food that is provided to you." Doyoung spoke and Jena translated from Korean to English.

"Please enjoy and have lots of fun!" Jena spoke in English which later translated to Korean.

Jaein was continually doing her job flawlessly and made sure she went to each her meals. The first one she ordered was a cold appetizer of salad, the second being a hot appetizer of spinach artichoke dip of her choice, the third entree was a salmon with asparagus and the last choice for dessert was a chocolate lava cake.

In addition, Jaemin was shoving bread in her mouth each time she came by knowing the girl should eat more.

Jena also came by too saying that Jaein didn't need to take too many and that she should enjoy herself too.

"I'm gonna choke if you keep feeding me like that." Jaein sat down on her seat and started eating her entree which was magnificent.

"I need to make sure my baby sister eats!" Jaemin pinched her cheeks.

"Yeah I agree." Jisung swallowed his food and looked at Jaein with concern. "But you've been looking more healthier as the semester went by this year so good for you."

"Appreciate the comment Jisung." Jaein smiled looking at Haechan who was having a deep talk with Taeyong in the corner.

"Okay, but point given, she's not a baby anymore." Chenle add his snarky comment while Renjun just rolled his eyes at the younger and patted him on the arm.

-

Haechan and Taeyong had a very brief conversation with their parents which went relatively well while they were at their table for dinner. But Haechan was definitely smart enough that there was tension going on and pulled his brother aside to a corner.

"It's just that mom and dad have been fighting lately and I'm just meditating. It's just couple stuff but it's gonna pull through." Taeyong sighed at Haechan who was interrogating him like crazy, worried based on what Jena said. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to get involved."

"Taeyong, you have to remember that they're my parents too so don't do this alone." Haechan crossed his arms. "I swear you're like Jena, keeping things to themselves and refusing to ask for help."

"I do this because I want you to enjoy what you're doing for college so that they don't call you a disappointment." Taeyong clarified.

"That's not really the topic and I don't really care about that. Eomma already supported me from the start, it was mostly Appa who's the problem." Haechan scoffed and the older patted him on the shoulder.

"Just enjoy tonight okay?" Taeyong gave him a wink looking at a certain direction where Jaein is, wearing the beautiful rose gold dress that Haechan had got her. "Spend time with her."

"I swear words go around quick."

-

After the dinner, Jena played the iconic throwing the flower game with all the girls and turns out Alice was the one who caught it even though she was in the middle of eating her dessert since she was holding her plate around. In addition, they all did the cheers with champagne on the pyramid and had a good time with it.

"Jaehyun! We're getting married next!" Alice ran up to Jaehyun embracing him with a hug while he kissed the crown on her head.

"It's a good thing you caught that bouquet right?" Jaehyun winked and eventually let Alice go to do other things.

Then it turned to a whole fun dance party where Jaein opted out to take pictures and now sat back at her table, sighing in exhaustion. Then an unfamiliar man came by and sat down on the seat next to her.

"Hi! I'm Xiaojun! What's your name? I saw that you were a pretty good photographer out there so just wanted to have a small talk." Xiaojun brightly smiled at Jaein.

Any other day Jaein would not talk to Xiaojun and pray that he would walk away due to her mental state but today she was feeling happy and introduced herself as well. "I'm Jaein, it's nice to meet you."

"Oh wait! Your Jaemin's sister right? I know Yangyang is close to some of the boys his age too but you know, we're all schooling in China right now." Xiaojun responded to the girl and she nodded.

"Yup." Jaein's response was genuine until she felt someone creeping up behind her chair and pressing his front against the back of the chair and placed his arm on her shoulders.

"Hi Xiaojun." Haechan's tone was friendly but his actions say other wise.

"Hey Haechan!" Xiaojun noticed the possessiveness in his tone and just reassured him. "Don't worry she's all yours. Just wanted to compliment. I'll catch you all later."

Haechan and Jaein waved to Xiaojun and then Haechan took the seat next to her, grabbing her right hand and caressing it. "So what did you talk about with Xiaojun?"

"Nothing much." Jaein just shrugged as she leaned her side against the chair. "Why?"

"Just curious." Haechan just rolled at his eyes at him. He took a look at her tonight, seeing the rose gold dress up close. Her ombré hair was in curls and there was silver jewelry to compliment her look. She was astonishing.

"Are you sure it wasn't because you were jealous?" Jaein had caught onto Haechan's little act and he lightly scoffed, pretending not to be what he actually was.

"No, I wanted to make sure someone isn't touching my girl." Haechan subconsciously spoke while Jaein was unfazed by what he said. She rather have him speak that way since she was a blushing mess. 

"Mhm."

"You look gorgeous, extremely gorgeous." Haechan complimented. He brought her hand up to his face and he gave the back of her hand a soft kiss. "I couldn't take my eyes off of you."

"You look pretty handsome yourself. You shined out to me the most out of everyone tonight, as always." Jaein got up and fixed his suit a bit, keeping the close proximity with one another. She was amazed by how hot he looked in the suit. Haechan didn't do much with his hair but it was parted in the comma style. She loved when his bangs were down so that she could see the contrast in his eyes with the pieces of hair over it. They could feel each other's breathing tickling each other.

Haechan saw the DJ slowly turned to from and upbeat song to a slow dancing song, indicating it was for couples to dance.

"Care to dance?" Haechan initiated, sending his charming looks to the girl which made her instantly blush.

"Of course."

Haechan and Jaein got up from the table and made their way to the stage, hand in hand as they started slow dancing with one another.

Jaein's hands were around Haechan's neck while Haechan's hands were rested on her waist, swaying in sync.

"You look extremely gorgeous." Haechan tucked the small strands behind Jaein's ears. "The most gorgeous one in the room."

"Technically, it's Jena, but I'll take that as a compliment from you." Jaein teased with her remark making Haechan pouted but he brought her closer.

"Anyways, where to after?" Haechan suggested looking around to see that it was time to get drunk.

"Hmm... I don't know..." Jaein contemplated, playing her index finger on her chin. "Maybe your place? It's quite comfortable."

"We should go now before things get crazy." Haechan leaned in closer to her ear that send chills down on her spine and honestly she felt that and agreed.

Haechan talked to Jena and Doyoung about Jaein leaving and they were fine with it since Jaein did her photography job very well. Jeno told Haechan he was going to be at Hyunji's for the night since her parents were not home and she was drunk. Then Jaein told Jaemin to get her "emergency suitcase" from the car in case she ended up staying the night with someone else.

-

Once Haechan and Jaein got to the apartment from the wedding, they were already on the bed where Haechan was on top of her. The both were still dressed in formal clothes.

They stared at each other for a couple of moments until Haechan slowly leaned in to start kissing her softly and as time passed, the kiss got more aggressive and sloppier as Haechan moved his lips to her neck and her collar bone and hands slipping into dangerous area.

"Haechan I-" Jaein managed to gasp out after being breathless from the kissing.

"Just tell me to stop right now and I'll stop." Haechan looked into her eyes with concern, getting her consent before he eventually would go further especially since she had a terrible past.

"I trust you." Jaein planted a kiss on his lips. "I'm just worried since it's my first time." None of her flashbacks came meaning her experience was rewritten as her first one, now here with "ex-boyfriend" technically.

"It's my first time too but I'll make sure that you will be alright." Haechan reassured her kissing her cheek. "I promise."

"Okay." Jaein nodded, giving him consent to take off all their clothes and go for their potential rounds in the night. "But you should also make sure that you'll be fine too."

"Let's just focus on us. Hmm?"

Thankfully, Jeno wasn't home and the walls are thick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 75.7K 82
↬ Idol au ↬ "You're back again?" "Oh, did you miss me?" "Wipe that smile off your face Lee Donghyuck, you're ruining my night shift...
58.6K 2.8K 21
❝We'll be alright, i want to try again❞ In which two pairs of intertwined souls from the past are fated to meet again. ▂ COMPLETED ➱ TEENAGE x SOULM...
326K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
81.5K 3.5K 24
🔑 nct lee haechan soulmate fanfiction ❝ why do you keep staring at me? do you want to make out with me? ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: july 4, 2021 published:...