๐“๐Ž ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐€๐‚๐Š...

Od _KRXPTX_

"๐ˆ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐š๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ˆ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐š... Viac

TO HELL AND BACK
PART I | THE HUNTER EXAM
ARRIVAL x AND x INTRODUCTIONS
UNFATEFUL x ENCOUNTER
UNEXPECTED x TASK
BIT x OF x MAGIC
THE x TRICK x TOWER
KILLING x TIME
DREAMS x AND x DEMONS
ZEVIL x ISLAND
TROUBLE x FINDS x YOU
FRIENDSHIPS x AND x FEELINGS
FINAL x PHASE
FAREWELL x FOR x NOW
PART II | HEAVENS ARENA
TO x THE x TOP
WE x MEET x AGAIN
PLAN x OF x ATTACK
ELECTRIC x SHOCK
RECOVER x AND x REGROUP
PRICKLY x GUEST
MASTER x AND x STUDENT
ASSASSINATION x JOB
MISSION x ABORTED
HISOKA x VS x KASTRO
SURPRISE x SURPRISE
WOLF'S x DEN
PROMISE x ME
DEATH x MATCH

ONE x STEP x CLOSER

135 8 5
Od _KRXPTX_

Hisoka ~

Since that night, Kira had carried on acting like nothing had happened. But I couldn't stop thinking about it and I assumed neither could she.

The way she had covered my eyes before leaning down and softly pressing her lips against mine... How could I ever forget? I could still picture the look on her face afterwards, as if she was just as surprised by her own actions as I was. 

It wasn't how I had envisioned our first kiss but I was amazed nonetheless. My only regret was that it was too short. Way too short. I should've reacted faster, pulled her in and held her there. 

But how could I have known? Normally, I wasn't one to be easily surprised but she had caught me completely off guard. For some reason, she had decided to go along with my request, when she usually would've turned me down with a cold glare. I had suggested it on a whim to tease her but received more than I could've hoped for. 

And now, as I sat in the waiting room of the hospital, all I could think about was that kiss. More importantly, I needed to figure out how to make it happen again. 

Perhaps I could sign up for another fight and let myself get beat up. Or I could just injure myself right now. No, that wouldn't work. I was in a hospital so if I got hurt, she would just refer me to a doctor and be done with it. 

Suddenly, the door opened and the girl who was on my mind walked out. From the way she was smiling, I guessed she had received good news during her appointment. I noticed that her cast had been removed. 

"The doctor said my arm should be completely healed in a week," she told me excitedly. "I'll be able to fight soon."

"You have recovered surprisingly fast," I remarked with a smile and stood up. "You didn't summon that demon behind my back, did you?" I asked jokingly. 

"No, of course, not!" She replied, pretending to be offended that I would even consider such a possibility. "As if I would break my promise."

"That's my girl." I said proudly, as I walked her out of the hospital.

Kira looked as if she was going to protest but changed her mind and let it go with an annoyed sigh. She probably realised that there was no point in arguing with me on this matter. She was mine and she was beginning to know it. I smiled at the thought. 

After a few weeks of being kept inside and restricted from any strenuous activity, she wanted to take a stroll back to Heavens Arena. I agreed, figuring it would be fine if I accompanied her. 

In her current state, she would struggle to defend herself from attackers but as long as I was around, I would make sure that she wouldn't have to. I subtly moved to her right, onto the part of the sidewalk closer to the road. She still couldn't use her right arm to fight so I had to watch her blind spot. 

While Kira's eyes darted from place to place, taking in the sights this city had to offer, my eyes were fixed on her. Her navy blue hair, tied up in a loose ponytail, shone a little lighter under the sun. I let my gaze trace her features, before settling on her pretty lips.

I had always thought she was attractive but it had never really bothered me. But now I found myself drawn to every detail of her, like how her eyes turned into silver half moons when she smiled, or the light blush that dusted her cheeks whenever she got flustered. And worst of all, my heart stuttered a little as I remembered the way her lips brushed against mine. It was starting to get concerning. 

I smiled as I noticed that she had worn the pair of cargos she had taken from my wardrobe. She appeared to have taken a liking to them. If only she would wear my shirt just as often. She looked adorable with my signature heart and diamond across her chest.

"What are you staring at me for?" Kira asked, without even sparing a glance at me. Her instincts were still as sharp as ever. 

"Why can't I?" I returned, continuing to stare.

"It's creepy and mildly unsettling."

"You didn't seem to think that when you kissed me," I pointed out slyly. If she was going to be constantly on my mind, it was only fair that I kept myself on hers.

She finally turned and met my gaze with an irritated look. "I covered your eyes for a reason."

"Did you really?" I asked with a sarcastic laugh. "I think I forgot, perhaps you should do it again."

For a moment, Kira looked as if she was about to punch me and knock the idea right out of my head. But instead, she pushed me gently in the arm with a fake, exaggerated laugh. 

"We're being followed," she said in a steady voice. "Keep walking and act natural."

My eyes widened a little but I didn't let the smile slip from my face. I carried on seamlessly, but when I focused my En, I realised that she was right. We were being watched and whoever was stalking us exuded clear malevolent intent. 

Due to her years of training as an assassin, Kira was able to detect it before I did. However, she was a terrible actress. Noticing that she was having trouble taking her own advice to "act natural", I casually extended my arm around her shoulders. 

"You're too tense, Sweetheart." I leaned down and whispered. "Don't give us away."

"I'm trying," she hissed back, evidently still struggling.

I pulled her closer towards me. "Just chill," I said, rubbing her shoulder reassuringly. "They can't hurt you."

Not while I'm here.

As we continued walking, I felt Kira slowly begin to relax, her aura becoming more calm. Unbeknownst to her, I was also struggling to keep control of my aura. Some part of me was seething with anger; anger that could only be quelled by bloodshed. 

The Mafia had some nerve to be tailing us right now. Did they not learn their lesson with that last fucker they sent? Must I increase the casualty count to make my point clear?

I was aching to hunt down whoever was following us, butcher them and send their remains back to the Mafia, along with a greeting card. However, something in the back of my mind told me it wasn't a good idea. I had no knowledge of the enemy, their abilities or their numbers. I didn't want to put Kira in danger.

It was strange, considering I had never been afraid of risking anything before. Yet, now I was mildly terrified at the mere thought of risking her. My arms unconsciously tightened around Kira. It bothered me that I couldn't understand why. 

Kira ~

A few months had passed since the night I was ambushed in the streets by the Mafia. Since then, there had been no violent encounters, probably because Hisoka had insisted on accompanying me everywhere I went. I must admit, I was mildly grateful for that. 

Being a competitor in Heavens Arena, it was impossible to keep a low profile. Of course, I had initially considered signing up with a fake name but it didn't sit right with me. The idea of avenging Kyros as someone else felt wrong. I wanted Azaro to know exactly who was coming for him and who would eventually end him. 

So far, I had managed to accumulate nine wins. The last fight, earlier this evening, had left me battered and bruised, but mentally elevated. I was too close to fail now. 

"Sweetheart, if you don't control your bloodlust, you might end up triggering mine." Hisoka warned, sensing my obvious excitement. 

He shouldn't have bothered because he definitely knew I couldn't control it. The thrill after a fight was something I could never quite get used to. Nonetheless, I loved that feeling and I was sure he did, too. 

"Shit, that stings!" I complained, as Hisoka cleaned the wound on my shoulder with alcohol. 

"Just bear with me a little longer," he replied, continuing the process. "It'll hurt even worse if it gets infected."

It wasn't a particularly deep cut but it was in an awkward spot at the back of my left shoulder, where I couldn't really reach myself. As usual, Hisoka was waiting in my room after the fight and made a fuss when he saw it. So now I was sitting backwards on a chair, with my shirt half off, while he bandaged the wound. 

Suddenly, I heard a knock and my head snapped towards the door. I wasn't expecting anyone tonight. I couldn't feel any malicious intent but I could never be too cautious. 

I turned to Hisoka and he nodded calmly, understanding what I was asking without me voicing it. He finished up with the bandages and I pulled my shirt back on, before making my way to the door. 

I carefully opened the door and was greeted by the most precious child in the world, throwing himself at me with a hug. 

"Congratulations, Kira!" Gon exclaimed, looking up at me with a wide grin.

"Thanks," I replied with a smile, before glancing at Killua, who was right behind him. "I wasn't expecting you two."

The white-haired boy opened his mouth to speak but immediately snapped it shut as he caught a glimpse of Hisoka approaching behind me. 

Within a second, Killua had retreated to the end of the corridor, glaring like an angry cat. "Let's go, Gon. It's not safe in there."

"What do you mean? It's perfectly safe here," Hisoka said reassuringly. However, coming from him, it must've had the opposite effect.

Gon froze on the spot but held onto me tightly. He was staring at Hisoka with a mixture of fear and determination. I remembered him telling me about his goal to punch the clown in the face and return the badge. I had offered many times to hold down Hisoka and let the kid have his way, but he had stubbornly refused. 

"He's harmless, Killua." I called to the boy, while keeping my arm around Gon. "You can come back now."

"Harmless? Hisoka?" He shouted back, refusing to believe the idea. "Are you hearing yourself?"

I must admit he had a point. That clown wasn't particularly known to be harmless. If anything, he had built himself a reputation of being the exact opposite. Sighing, I turned to the man behind me. "Take a step back, Hisoka."

He gave me an amused look but didn't question it. He obeyed and backed away a little, enough to be out of Killua's direct line of sight. 

"See? You have nothing to worry about." I tried to reason with him again. 

The boy slowly inched forward. Good, we're making progress. It felt like I was trying to coax a frightened cat out of its hiding spot with a doberman standing behind me. 

The cat didn't seem as scared anymore, but he was still skeptical. "Why are you two always in the same room?"

"We've already shared a kiss." Hisoka replied, loud and clear for all to hear. "Sharing a room is nothing."

My eyes widened. Son of a...

The two kids stared at me with their jaws to the floor, as if I had just swallowed a bowling ball. Killua's eye was twitching, his face frozen in an expression of shock and horror. I kept my mouth shut as I had nothing to say to defend myself. I couldn't even tell him that it was a lie. 

I didn't know whether I wanted to slap Hisoka or myself, for not thinking before acting. I should've known he was never going to let me forget it. But even without his constant reminders, it wasn't like I could forget that easily.

Why did I have to do that to myself?

"I'll only come if he leaves." Killua demanded, pointing at Hisoka. 

Upon hearing this, Hisoka couldn't resist the urge to respond with the same energy. "Why do I have to leave? I was here first."

Was he seriously going to argue with a twelve-year-old right now?

"Because I feel extremely unsafe around you!" The kid retorted, suddenly gaining confidence when it came to meaningless squabble.

"Well then, be my guest," Hisoka replied, voice dripping with sarcasm. "You're welcome to take your leave."

Gon was confused but kept quiet, afraid to get caught in the crossfire. Meanwhile, I was getting more and more annoyed as the two carried on with their bickering. My patience was already thin and they were really stretching it right now. 

"You're a creepy fucking clown and no one wants you here!"

"First of all, I am a magician, if you don't mind..."

At this point, I had finally lost it. "Shut it!" I yelled at the two of them, making sure to cover Gon's ears beforehand. 

The man and the child immediately fell silent. Killua seemed to have realised that I was the one he should be more afraid of right now. Good

"Hisoka, you're a grown ass man. What do you get out of arguing with a kid?" I asked, but I didn't give him the time to respond. "Sit back down."

Although he did look like he had a lot to say, he kept his mouth shut. Without another word, Hisoka did as he was told and retreated back into the living room like a scolded child. 

With him taken care of, I turned to Killua. "You have ten seconds to decide if you want to leave or stay, before I close this door." I told him, placing my hand on the doorknob to emphasise my point. "And if you do choose to stay, watch your mouth."

It was true that Hisoka was a creepy clown but only I could say that. It didn't feel right for anyone else to slander him, much less a twelve-year-old kid. Killua was in desperate need to be taught manners and I was glad to do so. 

"Sorry," the white-haired boy mumbled sheepishly, before ducking under my arm to get inside. 

I closed the door behind him and led them into the living room. I made sure to settle them down on the couch, while keeping Hisoka seated in his little corner of the room. The kids still seemed wary of him but at least they didn't feel directly threatened anymore. 

After getting them drinks, they got comfortable enough to start talking again. Soon, Gon was chatting away and even Killua seemed to have relaxed. As usual, once Gon began to talk, there was really no stopping him. 

Hisoka, on the other hand, sat there silently, probably still sulking over getting yelled at. I would have to console him later, after the kids leave.

"You only have to win one more match before you can challenge a floor master," Killua said thoughtfully. "Who are you planning to fight?"

Good question. That was something I had yet to figure out. "I don't know yet," I replied with a shrug. Surely if I waited long enough someone would have to sign up.

"You're welcome to fight me," Hisoka suddenly spoke, after ages of sitting there in silence.

He can't be serious.

I turned towards him and as expected, he didn't look serious at all. Although his voice sounded sincere enough, that shit-eating grin on his face told me he was just teasing. "You do realise I need to win this fight, right?" I asked, annoyed. "How do you expect me to win against you?"

"With that negative mindset, you'll never win against anyone." He remarked, shaking his head. "But who knows? Maybe you'll surprise me like you did that night."

My eyes widened and I quickly snapped my head away before he could see me get flustered. I hoped that neither of the kids had caught on to what Hisoka was insinuating, though I had a feeling Killua already did. 

"I'll fight you." This time it was Gon who volunteered.

I turned to him with surprise. Even Killua seemed startled by his friend's bold words. "Are you sure?" I asked, uncertain about fighting a boy I had grown to care for.

Gon nodded firmly. Unlike Hisoka, he was dead serious. He stared at me intently, eyes hard with determination. 

"Once we enter the ring, I will not hold back." I warned, although I knew once his mind was made up, nothing would deter him. 

"Of course. I want to use this opportunity to test my strength before I challenge..." His gaze drifted to Hisoka, who was listening with an amused expression.

So I'm like... a warm up before taking on the clown?

I must admit, that did wound my ego. On the other hand, it obviously inflated the clown's ego. Glancing at Hisoka, I saw that he was grinning from ear to ear. 

Nonetheless, it wasn't like I had many options to choose from so I couldn't turn the boy down. "I'll take your offer," I said to him.

He smiled at my response, face lighting up in excitement. I didn't know how I felt about fighting a child but if it would bring me one step closer to getting revenge, I couldn't back down now. Like Gon, I was fighting for a purpose. And if he was so sure, why wasn't I? 

~~~~

We're getting closer to the end of the Heavens Arena arc. If all goes to plan, two more chapters.

This story has been such a long process to write and there's still so much more coming.

~ krypto

Pokraฤovaลฅ v ฤรญtanรญ

You'll Also Like

871K 28.4K 82
โš ๏ธWARNING: DO NOT REPORT OR DELETE THIS BOOK IN THE SAKE OF OUR READERS!!๐Ÿฅบ THIS MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE OR LEWD, IDK. IT'S A FANFICTION AFTER ALL. BUT...
1.4K 11 29
๐‘จ ๐’„๐’†๐’“๐’•๐’‚๐’Š๐’ ๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’† โ˜„. *. โ‹†แดทโฑหกหกแต˜แตƒ แถปแต’หกแตˆสธแถœแต โ•ญโ”€โ”€ โ‹… โ‹… โ”€โ”€ โœฉ โ”€โ”€ โ‹… โ‹… โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ Two youngsters find themself in the same...
77.9K 2.1K 24
Y/n has been an amazing nen user ever since she was 10. When she was 15 she took the hunter exam and passed it easily as a rookie. Now she travels al...
5.7K 348 60
Raine goes on an adventure to a deadly jungle with mythical beasts to get revenge on a former Spider who destroyed her home. She's trained hard to ke...