Fighter

By kylekay

Hadley Davis is left without parents after a fatal car accident. Not yet eighteen she is shipped to relatives... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch. 9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch.18
Ch.19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26 Maddoxs POV. Part. 1
Ch.27 Maddoxs POV.Part. 2
Ch.28
Ch. 29
Ch.30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35 Maddox POV
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch.42
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57 Maddox's POV
Ch. 58
Ch. 59
Ch. 60
Ch. 61
Ch. 62
Ch. 63
Ch. 64
Ch. 65
Ch. 66
Ch. 67
Ch. 68
Ch. 69
Ch. 70
Ch. 71
Ch. 72

Ch. 43

180K 5.1K 552
By kylekay

I wake up with Tyler draped over me. So, I do the only logical thing. Bringing my foot up to his hip and my hands to his shoulders I pushed him off the bed.

"Ummph. What the hell!" Tyler yells. Eyes as big as dinner plates.

"Your-face-priceless!" I point, laughing.

There's a knock on the door and Gary peeks in. "Time to get up." He says. When he sees Tyler he laughs. "Nice wake up call Hadley."

"Thank you. I'm pretty proud of it myself." I reply, smirking at Tyler.

"Pay backs, babe....Pay backs." He threatens.

"Bring it honey." I say, jokingly.

"Gary did you get them up?" I hear Kathy ask.

"Didn't need to. Hadley woke Tyler up before I got here." He answers.

Kathy looks in and laughs. "I see. What do you kids want for lunch I'm packing the cooler now?"

"Anything's fine." I respond, smiling.

"Okay! I'm pissed! Mother! Father! Not that your deserving of those titles....Neither of you care that she," he yells pointing at me. "nearly killed me!"

We laugh. "Oh, stop you would have done it to me if you would have woken up first. Consider it retribution for jumping on the bed yesterday to wake me up." I state, smugly.

"Okay you two, we're already running late. Get up and dressed. Meet us down stairs in the kitchen when your ready." Kathy says, laughing.

I get up to go get dressed and Tyler tackles me to the bed and starts tickling me.

"Tyler! Stop!" I scream, giggling.

"Fine, but now you know what you get for waking me up like that." He says, seriously with a grin on his face.

"I've been properly warned. I'll never do it again." I promise as I walk to the door and into my room.

I go to the closet and get my short light yellow dress and white flip flops. Then go to my bag and get my white bikini. I get dressed and brush my hair putting it up into a high pony tail. I grab my phone and see a missed call from Alex and two text messages from him. I ignore all three and head to the kitchen. I see Tyler at the kitchen island sitting and making sandwiches, so I sit by him to help.

"What can I do?" I ask.

"Here take the bread and put on the mayo and mustard." He directs.

"Do we leave from here? I didn't see a boat." I ask.

We hear the doorbell but keep making sandwiches. "No we go to the pier it's docked there." He answers. "I can't wait to see you reel in your first fish, I bet you freak out."

"I won't freak out." I deny.

"You cried watching 'Finding Nemo' your going to cry when you see a fish on your hook."

Kathy who's packing drinks and other snacks laughs.

"I will not, I'm tougher then I look butthead." I reply, glaring at him.

"Oh, the offense! Did you really just call me butthead?"

"You heard me." I say, smugly.

"I guess it could be wor-.... Well, hello Maddox." Tyler greets.

I look up and my heart is in my throat. Maddox is standing in the entryway to the kitchen. He has his black beanie on again with a black v neck and dark jeans. He's wearing his glasses and he looks scruffy and so damn sexy. I look to the counter, if I look at him any more I'm going to jump him in front of everyone. I turn my head to look at Tyler wondering if he did this. He looks back at me and he puts his hands up like he surrendering.

"Don't look at me, I didn't do it. I swear." I can tell he's not lying.

"How did you find me?" I ask calmly. Still not looking at him.

He doesn't answer, truthfully I didn't think he would. Especially, if it would get him in trouble.

"Okay. What are you doing here?" I ask, instead.

"Came for you." He answers.

I look up to Kathy and Gary who are acting like they aren't listening to us. But Kathy keeps glancing up at Maddox, great he effects married women too.

"I didn't ask you to come get me, Maddox." I reply, quietly.

"I know...I had to." He says, looking at me. I can tell he hasn't looked anywhere else.

"No, Maddox. You had a choice, you didn't need to." My irritation is starting to show.

"I'll leave, I just had to see you." He says, wearily.

"What! No, way! You're here now. You should come fishing with us it's Hadley's first time. We both know you wanna pop that cherry too. And as much as I love making fun of her, I don't want to be the shoulder she cries on when she hooks a fish." Tyler says. I punch his arm hard.

"Hey, babe easy!" I glare at him and he glares back. "What I'd do?" he asks, confused.

"Your parents didn't need to know I was a virgin too, idiot!" I whisper, yell at him. I hear snickering I know his parents heard me and I turn red.

Tyler laughs. "Sorry, I didn't know it was a secret, don't worry I won't tell them the other thing I know." He adds with a grin.

"I can't believe you just said that! Bridesmaid invitation revoked, best friends over!" I yell, truly embarrassed.

Tyler is cracking up so hard he almost falls off his stool. "You should see your face it's so red!" He states, between fits of laughter.

I groan, burying my head in my hands. Why did he have to bring that up?

"Maddox, if you hurt Tyler really bad I'll forgive you." I say, sweetly smiling at Tyler.

"That has to be some sort of test, right?" Maddox asks. I make eye contact with him. Why is it so hard to breathe when I look at him? God, I missed him. I regain some of my senses.

"Nope, no test." I answer, smiling at Tyler.

"Yeah, right. You love me." He states, matter of factly.

"You're supposed to beg me to spare your life." I glare.

"He's not stupid. He knows if he touches me you'd really be gone. Now, what do you say Maddox? You in?"

I can tell Maddox is looking at me. So, I look up to let him know it's okay to come. "It's fine Maddox, I don't own the boat."

Maddox looks to Gary and Kathy. "Do you mind Mr and Mrs Murphy?" he asks, politely.

"Not at all. Tyler, go and get him swim trunks." Kathy orders.

"Actually, Maddox swims in his panties." Tyler replies.

I laugh. "Just go get him some please, Tyler. Your mother doesn't want to see him in his panties." I say.

"I don't know about that...they have been fighting a lot." Tyler says, looking at his parents sadly. I laugh and his parents are acting like it's not funny but ruining it by smiling.

"Just go, and stop calling my underwear panties." Maddox replies, frustrated.

"I'm getting you a Speedo." Tyler jokes.

"Please, your Speedo wouldn't be able to hold what I carry." Maddox brags.

"Yeah right. Hadley who's penis is bigger?" Tyler asks.

"What!" Maddox yells.

"Maddox's is." I reply, without hesitation.

"But you haven't even seen mine!" Tyler yells.

"And I don't need or want to, trust me he's bigger. They call him kick stand in the locker room. Adam refers to it as Maddox's third leg. Now go get the shorts."

"Fine but come with me." He says, pouting.

"Why?" I ask standing up.

"So I can show you mine." He replies, seriously.

"Tyler!" Kathy and I yell at the same time.

Tyler runs out and Kathy and I laugh. "That's our son Gary."

Shaking his head and laughing he replies. "God, I love that kid."

"It's impossible not too." I say, honestly.

Maddox shrugs, "I don't know what you guys see in him."

"He's kind of an acquired taste." Gary agrees.

I laugh and Maddox walks toward me sitting where Tyler was. "Are you mad?" he asks quietly.

"A little." I admit, truthfully.

Tyler comes back into the room and gives swim shorts to Maddox."Thanks." He says, not looking at him.

"You're welcome, kick stand." He replies, scoffing.

"Jealous." Maddox responds.

"Okay, let's go kids." Gary breaks it up, lifting the cooler.

We follow Kathy and Gary to the garage and we pile into the car Maddox opens the door for me and I slide into the middle. Tyler gets in and grins at me and I stick my tongue out.

"Careful, I'll tell Maddox to make use of that tongue. Kitten." He mocks.

"Shut up Tyler." I demand.

Gary pulls out of the driveway and we head to the pier. "It's only fifteen minutes away." Tyler whispers, in my ear.

Maddox's takes my hand from my lap and he laces our fingers. He kisses the back of it before resting both our hands in his lap.

We pull up to a parking lot and the signs says, 'Malibu Mariana.' There are a lot of boats, I have no clue the difference but some are big and others are smaller. We all get out and Maddox goes behind the SUV and grabs the cooler before Gary does. We walk on the wood pier until we see a boat that says 'The Brandy.' Tyler is the first on and motions for Maddox to give him the cooler which Maddox hands over. Gary gets on and gives Kathy a hand helping her onto the boat. Maddox turns to me and picks me up by the hips placing me on the boat.

I roll my eye's only he can make me feel like a China doll. "Thank you, Maddox."

"You're welcome, kitten." He whispers in my ear and I feel it in my stomach. I look up at him and seconds later his lips find mine and crushing me to him he deepens the kiss.

"Alright, enough of that." Tyler declares, disgusted. "This way you two."

I pull back and Maddox pulls me forward not breaking the kiss. I turn my head to the side, "Maddox." I scold.

He growls,"You have horrible tastes in friends." He says, looking at Tyler.

"I'm saving her from your cannibal ass. It looked like you were going to eat her face. That makes me, an awesome friend." He teases, smiling.

"Thanks, Tyler. You really are a prince." I agree, sarcastically.

I walk forward and Tyler slings his arm around my shoulders. "He's not even here an hour, make him work for it babe." He whispers in my ear.

I look at him, "Your right." I whisper.

"I know. Now, make him sweat." He whispers again. He gives me a serious look and I can't help it I laugh. Tyler takes me and Maddox below deck and we help Kathy put the lunch stuff in the refrigerator.

"Are we moving already?" I ask, stupidly.

"Yes, when the engine starts that means were getting ready to move. When you feel movement that means were moving." Tyler explains, slowly.

"I realize I sounded stupid thanks, Tyler. I've never been on a boat I'm nervous. You should have seen me getting on the plane for the first time flying out here."

"Your first plane ride was last week?" Tyler asks, shocked

"Yeah."

"Wow, you really need to get out more babe." He replies.

"Tell me about it." I agree.

"So, you always had road trips, that sucks." He says.

"No not really, I've never been out of New York." I admit looking away.

"What? Really! How do you live that long without leaving one state?" he asks.

I've never spoken about my parents with Tyler and I don't want to start right now.

"Just never did." I shrug, like it's not a big deal.

Tyler's about to say something else but Maddox steps in. "Enough, Tyler. Leave it." He warns.

Tyler looks between me and Maddox and must notice I'm uncomfortable. "Fine, but your so talking to me later." His face serious.

"Later." I agree.

"Well, let's go on deck and set up the fishing gear." Kathy interrupts easing the tension.

"Good idea." Maddox says, smiling at Kathy. I swear she blushes and we head back up.

Then I hear Tyler say, "I'm telling dad." and I die laughing.

We get out the huge fishing rods and put them in slots in front of comfy looking chairs. This should be easy sit here and wait for fish to bite...so simple. The boat stops and I hear something hit the water, probably the anchor.

Gary comes down from the top of the boat with a huge grin I can tell he loves this. "What are we baiting with?" Tyler asks.

"The usual son."

The boys set everything up and cast the lines. The boys start drinking beer and we're all sitting around talking.

"You don't say much do you?" Gary asks, Maddox.

"No, I guess not." Maddox answers, smirking.

"No he doesn't, the ladies love his silent brooding personality." Tyler teases.

I laugh, "I don't know. I can't get him to shut up."

"Well, your the exception to every rule." Tyler says to me. "He got my mom to blush, that should tell you something."

"I did not blush, Tyler. Stop being ridiculous." Kathy scolds.

"I know what I saw. But don't sweat it Ma, he's prettier then most girls. So it's understandable. Let's swim this is boring." He pouts.

"Fine, reel them in first." Gary orders, laughing.

"Does he have ADD?" Maddox asks, seriously. Making us all laugh.

After we reel in the fishing line I take my dress off as I see Maddox coming up from below deck. Time to play with him. He deserves at least a little punishment for being an ass at my birthday party. I can feel his eyes on me so I take my hair down and run my fingers though it. Tyler hands me the sun block smiling at me knowingly. This was his idea to begin with, it better work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 9.1K 46
Leah Archer was just 12 years old when she hit her head on a rock and fell into a coma, one that doctors weren't sure she'd ever come back from. But...
74.4K 1.1K 58
When Hollis moved to California, she had never expected to fall in love with the charming football player, Owen Windess. She hadn't expected to fall...
129K 5.9K 35
Official Wattpad Creator, and super proud of it! Maddox has been in love with Rose for a few months now. Just like an angel, she has captured his hea...
2.4K 81 52
At 15 years old she lost her mom to cancer. Now she has to live with her cousin in California. Everyday she has to be with 9 guys and counting. They...