The Tree Swallow in the Winte...

Oleh YeabsolutelyStories

Welcome to the world of 'S' and all that comes with it. Two best friends who love to skate will encounter a p... Lebih Banyak

Y/n's House
Chapter 3: Skating at 'S'
Chapter 4: No More Tape

Fated Meeting

11 2 0
Oleh YeabsolutelyStories

[No one's point of view]

'What a nice day!' Y/n thought as she headed to school, cruising on her skateboard. It was a very nice day. The sun was shining and the only clouds were but thin wisps suspended in the vast blue sky. The morning was comfortably cool, although it would get warmer as the day went on. Y/n was feeling exceptionally good today. Whether it be the fine weather or something else, she felt that today would be especially good.
On her way to school, she met up with her best friend, Reki, and they rode to school together.
Y/n: "I'm not quite sure why, but I feel like today's gonna be extra good today." Y/n said on their ride to school.
Reki: "Right?!"
Y/n: "Totally! But then again, how great can a day be when you're stuck at school all day? I guess we'll see. Hey! Maybe we'll get a surprise half-day or something! Then we could go skate at the skatepark together!"
Reki: "That'd be the best! I wish we didn't have to go to school." Reki groaned.
Y/n: "Don't go ditching school on me now. You're already too stupid to begin with. Imagine if you stopped going to school!" Y/n said playfully.
Reki: "Pft. What, and you're better?"
Y/n: "Tsk. Yeah. I'm a straight 'A' student I'll have you know."
Reki: "Oh, that's right. I'm in the presence of a genius." He smirked.
Y/n: "You bet you are!"
They both burst out into laughter.

~Timeskip to school~

Y/n was watching a bird out the window as she half-listened to the lesson. She already knew the material. Why would she bother putting her full attention on that when she could watch birds and 'doodle'. By 'doodle' I mean draw elaborate and intricate designs in her 'Doodle Journal.' She was sketching out a bird when she heard the teacher make an announcement.
Teacher: "...Now let me introduce our new transfer student."
She looked to the front of the classroom. She saw a blue haired-boy walk in. He stood silently in front of the class, casually scanning the room with his turquoise eyes. His eyes stopped on Y/n as his cheeks began to have a pinkish hue, although Y/n didn't notice.

[Y/n's point of view]

Teacher: "Introduce yourself."
Langa: "Uh...I'm Langa Hasegawa."
Hmm. Nice name.
Teacher: "Is that all?"
Langa: "Well... I came here from Canada."
Cool! So his first language is English then?
Teacher: "...Is that all?"
Langa: "...Is that...not enough?" He asked blankly.
I chuckle. This guy's interesting. The teacher sighed.
Teacher: "Then, your seat is between Kyan and L/n. Raise your hands so he can find his seat."
We both put our hands up so he could see us. I look over to Reki to see what he thinks of him. He gives me a look that says, 'He's so weird.' I smile back and give them a look that says, 'He seems fun. Give him a chance.' he sits down and get situated, then starts to pay attention to the class. He might have a hard time if he's jumping into the middle of everything in class. I write him a note.
Note: 'If you need any help with anything in class, feel free to ask me. I can explain anything you don't understand. Y/n L/n.'
I toss it over to his desk and see his profile. 'Wow, he's handsome.' Anyway, what was I doing before he came in? Oh, right! I was doodling that bird out the window. I look to see if it's still there. Nope. Oh well. I'll try to draw the rest from memory.

[Langa's point of view]

I wonder what happened to that red-head's arm. It's all bandaged up. I hear something slide onto my desk. 'A note?' I read it.
Note: 'If you need any help with anything in class, feel free to ask me. I can explain anything you don't understand.' I turn the note over. 'Y/n L/n.'
I look over at the girl next to me. Wasn't her name L/n? She's so nice!

~After school at Dope Sketch~

[No one's point of view]

Reki and Y/n were at Dope Sketch restocking shelves, when Reki suddenly commented,
Reki: "You know the Canadian transfer student that came today?
Y/n: "Yeah. I think his name was Langa Hasegawa."
Reki: "He seems like a total space cadet. Don't you think?"
Y/n: "Nah. He was probably just nervous."
Reki: "I don't know. Maybe. I still think he's weird thou-AH!"
Reki dropped something because of his injured hand. Y/n caught it before it fell, and their boss proceeded to argue with Reki about why he shouldn't be working with his hand like that. After work, Y/n and Reki decided to skate around.

[Y/n's point of view]

We just started to skate, when Reki fell on his butt, and his board went rolling down a steep hill. What an idiot!
Y/n: "Hahaha! What the heck! You look so stupid!"
Reki: "Yeah, yeah. Shut up and help me get my board."
We run down the hill to chase his board, but it looks like someone caught it. Reki runs up to him like an idiot. Isn't that the Canadian transfer, Langa Hasegawa?
Reki: "Hey! Thanks for stopping my board for me, new guy!"
Langa: "...Who are you?"
Reki looks shocked.
Reki: "Y-you don't remember me?! I'm Reki Kyan, the guy who sits next to you!"
Y/n: "Reki!" I scold, "You can't expect him to remember every kid in class!" I elbow him. "Apologize!"
Reki: "Sorry."
Langa: "It's okay. Hey, aren't you L/n?"
Reki goes on a rampage like a toddler.
Reki: "What?! How come you remember her name, but not mine?!"
Y/n: "Don't you know?" I said, jokingly, "That's one of the perks of pretty privilege." I smirk.

[Reki's point of view]

Y/n: "Don't you know? That's one of the perks of pretty privilege." I look over to Langa. He's looking at Y/n's board, cheeks flushed. So that's how it is!
Reki: "Are you interested? Want to try riding it?"
Langa: "No... I..."
Y/n pops in with,
Y/n: "But you were staring at it, weren't you?"

[No one's point of view]

Langa caves and decides to try it, but barely gets on before losing balance, and falling off. He falls backwards into Y/n, who catches him, but in turn, falls over herself.
Reki: "Pft... Ahahaha! What was that?!"
Y/n: "Are you okay?" Y/n asked, sitting up, looking down into her lap at him. Langa's face turns bright red when he realizes the predicament he's gotten himself into. He turns to Reki,
Langa: "T-that thing's not meant for standing on!"
Reki: "Of course it is!"
Langa sat up as Reki started skating towards Langa quickly. Y/n realizes what he's doing and pulls Langa's head back into her lap. Reki ollies over him and Langa watches, wide-eyed. Then Reki lands it and stops.
Reki: "See?"
Langa: "... yeah." Langa replied breathlessly.
Suddenly, Langa remembers something important! He sat bolt upright, blushing up to his ears.
Langa: "S-sorry!"

[Y/n's point of view]

Langa: "S-sorry!" Langa shouted with a beet red face.
Y/n: "Pft... Ahahaha! No need to get so worked up about it! No problem!"
His face is just so cute!
Reki: "Hey! Got some time to spare? Y/n and I have a job at that skate shop over there, so if you want, I'll help you pick out a beginner board for you."
Langa: "What's your pay?!"
Reki: "Huh?"
I'm confused too. What's he talking about?
Langa: "I'm looking for a part-time job."
Then, out of nowhere, our manager popped out. Where the heck did he come from?
Mr. Oka: "I've got a part-time job for ya! As you can see, Reki's been injured, so I've been looking for a substitute."
Reki protested in vain as Langa agreed. We all went back to the shop together.
Mr. Oka: "By the way, do you have a license?"
Langa: "I have what they call a 'standard' one in Japan..."
Mr. Oka: "Great! This job requires you to deliver a client's board to this location at midnight the day after tomorrow."
Langa: "It can't be delivered during the day?"
I can't help but smile at his ignorance.
Reki: "Nope, 'cause the gates aren't open 'til late at night." Reki said.
Langa: "The gates...?"
Our manager explained the gist of 'S'.
Mr. Oka: "Reki can't go because he's injured, and I don't feel right asking Y/n to go alone."
Y/n: " Why not?!" I give him a look.
Mr. Oka: "I'm not going to send a teenage girl alone to an abandoned mineshaft late at night! What kind of person do you think I am?!"
Y/n: "You won't do that to a girl but if it's a teenage boy, it's okay?" I swing back.
Mr. Oka: "W-well, yeah! There's a difference, okay!"
Y/n: "Besides, why can't you go?"
Mr. Oka: "Because I'm going to be busy."
Reki perked up.
Reki: "I bet you're going on a date with that daycare chick."
Mr. Oka: "No. I actually have to pay off a huge debt. This place may go under." He acted all sad.
Yeah right. Reki was stupid enough to buy it though.
Reki: "What?! Since when?! Why didn't you tell me?!"
Y/n: "Come on. He's messing with you. Why would he hire a new part-timer if he didn't have any money?"
Reki: "Yeah, you're right!" I know. "That was mean! Not funny, jerk!"
Mr. Oka: "If you don't like my jokes, then start taking me seriously."
Langa reaches down carefully to pet Sketchy, our little fennec fox.
Y/n: "Hey, I wouldn't d-"
Langa: "AH!"
Too late. Reki keeps bickering with manager Oka and picks her up. Idiot.
Reki: "OW!"
Yep. Saw that coming. Oka cuddles his pet and I roll my eyes.

[Mr. Oka's point of view]

Y/n: "Hey, Langa, is your hand okay?"
Y/n grabs Langa's hand and inspects it. He turns crimson up to his ears. I crack a smile.
Langa: "..." He opens and closes his mouth, but no sound comes out. He nods.
Reki: "Hey! Why ask Langa if he's okay and not me?!"
Y/n: "Because you knew better than to pick her up! You brought it on yourself!" She turns back to Langa. "You sure you're okay?"
He nods with a red face. Oh boy, this boy's fallen hard.

[Langa's point of view]

Reki: "Why don't us three go together?" Reki suggests.
Y/n: "Oh! Great idea!" Y/n beamed. "Langa?" My cheeks grow warmer at the sound of my name. "You don't mind if we tag along, do you?" She asks, leaning forward.
So close!
Langa: "N-no."
She smiles widely and turns to Reki.
Y/n: "The first step is getting him a sticker."

~Timeskip to going to get the sticker~

The express train has a way of making people sleepy. *Yawn* I'm starting to... feel really... drowsy...

[Y/n's point of view]

I feel a sudden weight on my shoulder. I look over. Oh, it's Langa. I don't blame him. Riding on express trains makes me sleepy, too. I can't help but smile at his sleeping face. He's pretty cute. He seems really sweet. Eventually, Reki falls asleep on me, too. When the train ride was over, I started to wake up Langa.
Y/n: "Langa. Langa."

[Langa's point of view]

Y/n: "-anga. Langa. Come on. Time to get up now."
Langa: "Hmm?" Where are we? What're we doing? What's going on?
Y/n: "We're here."
Langa: "What?" I say, opening my eyes.
I look around and take in the situation. We're on the express train. Right. We're getting a sticker for 'S', right? I look over to my right. Wait, I was sleeping on Y/n?! I sit up.
Langa: "I'm sorry!"
Y/n: "Pft. No prob! Reki fell asleep on me, too. Funny, right?!"
She turns to wake him up. I'm glad she doesn't see me right now. My face is burning with embarrassment! I can't believe myself!

[Reki's point of view]

Y/n: "Oi, wake up, Tissue-face!"
Reki: "Five more minutes."
Y/n: "Come on. Get up."
I don't wanna get up. Wait, did she call me Tissue-face? What's that about? I open my eyes and touch my face. A paper tissue was stuck to my left cheek. I take it off.
Reki: "What's with the tissue?"
Y/n: "You were drooling all over me, so I stuck that tissue to your face. Useful and funny. You might even call it a 'practical joke'."
I hear Langa start to laugh. I groan. It's not that funny.
Reki: "Alright. Now let's go get that sticker!" I say, leading the way.

[Y/n's point of view]

Y/n: "Reki, you remember the hand signal, right?"
Reki: "Tsk, yeah. Of course!"
Y/n: "Great! I'll let you get the sticker then."
Reki's face lit up and he pumped his fist.
Reki: "Yes!" He said to himself.
Y/n: "Such a kid." I say, smirking.
Reki: "What?! I am not!"
I can't help but laugh! That reaction was priceless!

[Langa's point of view]

Reki's pouting as we walk. Where are we even going? I look around.
Y/n: "Curious about where we're going?"
Langa: "How'd you know?"
Y/n: "Well-"
Reki: "She can read minds! It's creepy!"
Y/n: "Can not. I'm just observant, unlike some people."
Reki: "I am not unobservant!"
Y/n: "I never said you were." She smirked. She turned back to me. "But to answer your question, you were looking around, so I figured you were thinking something along the lines of 'Where are we going?' so I just guessed."
Langa: "So, where are we going?"
Y/n: "You'll find out when we get there."

[Reki's point of view]

We get to the bench, and both Y/n and I sit down.
Y/n: "Come on. Sit with us." Y/n invited.
I could see the confusion on Langa's face as he sat down.
Y/n: "Alright. Do your thing." She says, turning to me.
I make the hand signal as the guy passes by us, and he passes me the sticker.

[No one's point of view]

Reki: "This'll get you into 'S'." Reki said, handing Langa the sticker.
Langa: "Cool."
Reki: "Don't just one word me! Couldn't you at least say it like, 'Oh, cool!'"
Y/n: "Reki, shut up! Your reaction was way worse than his anyway. You're one to talk."
Langa got curious.
Langa: "What was his reaction?"
Y/n: "Well, when we got his sticker, we had to wait for a little while, so he fell asleep. Once I got the sticker, I woke him up and gave it to him. He just stared at it blankly for a second, then asked, "What's this for again?" I was like, "Remember, it's for 'S'." So then he said, "Right. What's 'S' again?" He wasn't into skating until after he joined 'S'." She turned to Reki. "So stop criticizing him. Besides, he'll get it once we go there tomorrow tonight."
Reki: "Yeah, you're right. I've never gotten someone a sticker for 'S' before!"
Y/n: "Good for you." Y/n smirked.

~Timeskip after another train ride~

[Y/n's point of view]

Y/n: "So, what do we do now?" I asked.
Langa's stomach growled and his face turned red. Reki's stomach growled a second later.
Y/n: "Oh, I know! Why don't you guys come over for dinner!"
Reki's face lights up.
Langa: "Can we?"
Y/n: "Oh, sure! It's just me, so I'd love some company!"
Langa: "You live alone?"
Y/n: "My parents live in America for work, but I wanted to finish high school in Japan, so they let me stay. I support myself on my own."
Reki: "Cool, right?" Reki butted in.
Y/n: "Pft. It's not that impressive. Anyway, wanna come over?"
Langa: "Sure. I'll text my mom."
Reki: "Me too! I love Y/n's cooking!"
Y/n: "Aww, thanks Reki."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

308K 28.9K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
Reborn Oleh BunnyTaeil

Fiksi Penggemar

355K 17.3K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
343K 20.1K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
284K 9.3K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...