Lavender & Ice

RBecMarie által

Ashima has dreamed of space exploration her entire life. Finally embarking on her first mission, her excite... Több

Intro!
1. Lift Off
2. Crash Landing
3. Close Encounters
4. Waking Up
5. Home Away From Home
6. A Rough Start
7. Introductions
8. An Injury
9. Exploration & Confrontation
10. Roles Reversed
11. Expanding the Palate
12. Breaking the Dam
13. Warm Feelings
14. Progress
15. Stockholm?
16. Conversation
17. Answers
18. Exploration
19. The Harsh Truth
20. Frustration
21. A New Danger
22. The Brothers
23. Meeting the Family
24. A Warning
25. Response from the Homeland
26. Arrival at the Homeland
27. Meeting The Premier
28. Answering the King and Queen
29. Zein's Vengeance
30. A Not So Happy Reunion
31. The Brothers Questioned
32. Reunited
33. First Look at the Homeland
34. Spending the Day Together
35. You're a what?!
37. Taking a Leap
38. The Truth Comes Out
39. Searching
40. A New Dwelling
41. Contact
42. Joreth's Decision
43. Heartbreak
44. Aftermath
45. Nothing Good
46. Another Foe?
47. Running out of Time
48. A Cruel Reunion
49. Rahn's POV
50. Where do we go from here?
51. A New Family
Author's Note / 2nd Book

36. Is This a Date?

3.6K 191 22
RBecMarie által

Once she went through the path and stood up right, she took two steps and then stopped, her mouth opening agape in surprise and wonder. The thick foliage had opened up and she was standing on a large rock outcropping with a very clear view of the entire grand hall, surrounded by beautiful greenery. The iridescent green stone was sparkling in the sun.

"What do you think?" His voice sounded from directly behind her,

"It's magnificent!" She said as she laughed in excitement.

"Good. Now, come sit and rest."

"What is this?" She turned to see he had laid a blanket down,and had jars of water and a cloth laid out with various foods for them to enjoy. "You brought us a picnic?"

Her smile beamed at him as she sat and got comfortable, removing the devices and her shoes from her feet to give them a break.

"Do you like it?"

"It's so lovely. This is perfect. Thank you."

When they were finished eating, Ashima laid down on her back on the blanket, her upper half under the shade of the canopy but her head turned toward the view of the Grand Hall.

She watched as a bird flew in the air and landed on a branch near them. She propped herself up on her elbows. " Kietnan?

"Yes?" She turned to see that he had also lay down on the blanket, and arms length away from her.

"I've noticed something curious about your home."

"Just one thing?" He chuckled.

"Hey, I'm trying not to completely overwhelm you with questions. But don't poke fun of me, you know how overwhelming and exciting this all has to be for me."

"Poke fun? Are you saying I'm being mean to you?" He asked with a concerned expression.

She laughed wholeheartedly, remembering her explaining that phrase to him. "No, if you recall, I told you it was all in good fun. You are the one who interpreted it as being mean."

"Anyway, I arrived here on a high tech and what I have to assume is a very fast transportation vessel of some kind. And yet, I don't see anything traveling around outside the Grand Hall. No ground vehicles, no air vehicles, and now that I think about it, I didn't see anything inside the walls either, as we were walking the streets."

"No, of course not. Transportation vehicles of any kind are under strict regulations. Otherwise they would take over, and ruin any semblance of peace we have."

"Oh." She whispered, deep in thought. "Your people really do put a lot of thought into the long term effects of new technology, don't they?"

He nodded his head.

She laid her head back down, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath of fresh air.

After several content moments of silence, he asked. "How are you doing, Shima? Really?"

"I'm fine. My feet are getting their rest now." She said as she wiggled her toes in the open air. "And I don't really feel any of the other stuff anymore."

"That is good to hear." His voice was smooth, comforting, she noted. "But that's not what I meant."

Ashima opened her eyes and turned her head to the side to find him looking at her. "What do you mean?"

He rolled onto his side, reaching his arm over and gently wiping her face. Caressing her forehead with his thumb. "In here. He explained. How are you, in here? You have been through so much..."

Understanding came to her, and she sighed, turning on her side to fully face him as well and bringing her hand up to hold his, bringing it down in front of her, holding it. "I don't know." She whispered. "I was so lost." She admitted as she held his eyes. "I didn't know what was going to happen to me, and for a moment there, I just wanted it all to be over."

His brow muscles drew together, and his lips pressed into a firm line.

"But now that you are here..." She offered him a small smile. "I don't imagine everything is perfect, but it is better. It is better now."

"You will tell me, if you need anything? If there is anything I can do?"

She nodded.

"Do you promise?"

"I will, Ki. I promise."

After a long moment of laying there, looking at each other, she released his hand and returned to lying on her back. "Thank you for bringing me here. I really needed this."

"I'm sorry I wasn't supportive of you getting out and about yet, I was worried for you. But I was wrong to try and keep you cooped up. I'm glad this has helped."

She turned her head toward him and smiled. "Did you just admit you were wrong and apologize all in one sentence? And all in response to me thanking you?"

His face showed confusion. "Yes. Is this not appropriate where you are from?

At this, she laughed wholeheartedly, eventually grabbing her stomach as she rolled onto her side, looking at him through the tears in her eyes. 

"You are crying again now? While laughing? I do not understand."

"They are just laughter tears, they are good." She said, as she tried to calm herself. "Don't worry, you did absolutely nothing wrong. The opposite, in fact. Many men on my planet are very proud. They have a hard time admitting when they are wrong, and have an even harder time apologizing. Or well, apologizing and actually meaning it."

"They do not apologize and do not admit when they are wrong? What do they have to be proud of then? He asked as he set up onto his elbows, looking at her and frustration.

Her laughter quieted down, as she looked at him. "You are absolutely right, Ki. Such men should not be proud of their behavior. But you are not like them." She smiled as she sat up, and crossed her legs.

They work together to pack up the remainder of their food and supplies. Eventually, he brought out some of the medicinal cream and fresh bandages for her feet.

"Why am I surprised that you brought those?" She giggled.

"You are poking fun of me right now, yes?"

She nodded her head, smiling.

"But you mean it in an endearing way, not a negative way?"

She nodded again, her smile never faltering.

"I believe I am understanding this expression now. He nodded as well, as he examined her feet, before beginning to apply the cream. "We will see how they look in the morning, after all of this walking, but they are healing well."

"Miracle cream." She chuckled.

"Do you even know its actual name?" He smirked

"You know,... I don't think I do!" She laughed

He shook his head. "This particular blend is called taro cream, but if you ever need anything, just ask for healing cream, and that will work."

She nodded her head. "I should be able to remember that."

Eventually her feet were re-dressed, and everything was back in his pack. As the trail was just starting to level back out into the valley, he stopped and abruptly grabbed her hand. "Do you think you can handle walking just a bit further before we head back?"

She looked up at him in surprise, taking in the lopsided smile on his face and the twinkle in his eyes as they stared at her expectantly. "Since you're actually showing excitement on your face, how could I possibly say no?" She chuckled.

His face turned into a frown. "Do not risk your health for me."

"Ki, stop it, I'm fine. I was just happy to see you look... well, happy." She grabbed his hand. "Where to?"

His facial features eased again and he nodded at her once before turning and heading down a lesser worn path.

"I haven't come here in many years, I practically forgot about it."

"Oh? Did you come here as a kid?"

"Yes. My brothers and I used to sneak off and hide here as children."

"Sneak off and hide?" She scoffed but smiled. "I can hardly imagine you doing that."

"I'm capable of many things." He half turned and smirked at her before continuing.

"Ki! Do you have a dark side you've kept hidden from me?!"

She heard him chuckle in front of her and the low sound from his chest began doing things to her. He seemed so happy, so carefree. In return, it seemed to uplift her very soul. All while creating a rather warm knot in her abdomen.

"Should I ask your brothers for stories about you as a youth? I bet they have plenty to share."

"Only if they're prepared to have their own secrets revealed. I like my odds."

"So you do have a mischievous side. I will get them to share stories with me, have no doubt."

He chuckled. "I am incapable of saying no to you, I have no doubt of your persuasive abilities. I expect you'll know everything there is to share by the next bright moon."

"A girl can certainly try." She laughed.

"We're here." He stopped and turned, causing her to walk right into him, her face hitting his chest. He grabbed both of her hands in his. "Close your eyes."

She immediately closed her eyes and smiled brightly. "Oh a surprise! I'm ready, lead the way."

He led her several steps and she felt something like tall grass brushing past her legs and arms as she walked. Eventually the grass died away and they stood still. She listened as she heard birds chirping and the wind rustling the leaves and grass.

He placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her toward her left. "Now?" She asked.

"Yes."

She slowly opened her eyes and began to look around. She was standing in front of a pond that had crystal clear water. She could see the colorful vegetation and rocks along the bottom and even a few fish swim by. It was a habitat made up of an entire rainbow of colors. "It's magical." She whispered as she took it in.

"Shima." His voice came from a distance beside her and she turned to look in his direction, her eyes rounding as she did. They were completely surrounded by tall grass that came to her waist, the top of which was covered in huge golden orange flowers with aqua blue centers. She spun around and took in the view. The valley was completely covered in the gorgeous blooms, even on the other side of the pond. Surrounding the field were the woods on one side and on the other was a view of rows and rows of mountains. "It's beautiful!" She spread her arms wide and twirled around, laughing.

Unfortunately, she got a little carried away and tripped. Possibly on a rock but probably on nothing but her own two feet. How embarrassing, she thought as she felt herself falling. She attempted to twist her body and reach forward to catch her fall but was surprised when instead of landing on the dirt and grass, she landed on something soft but firm.

"Umph." Kietnan breathed out as her full weight landed on him. "Are you okay?" He breathed out as his hands gripped her upper arms and her hands landed on the ground on either side of his head, the full length of her body against his.

She wasn't really sure why she felt so out of breath but she was unable to respond with words. Her wide eyes stared at him and she simply gave him a slight nod. After a moment of staring at each other she spoke, barely audible. "Are you ok?"

This time he simply nodded his response.

"Did you just...did you just dive onto the ground to catch my fall?"

The left corner of his lips turned up just slightly.

"Sometimes I'm not sure if you're real." She whispered, barely audible as she searched his eyes, her face serious. "Is this all some kind of weird dream?"

He slowly reached up with his left hand and gently brushed stray hairs away from her face, tucking them behind her ear before resting his hand on her jaw and caressing her cheek with his thumb.

Ashima had argued with herself many times over the last several days. Every part of her being wanted to be his and for him to be hers. In every way. Every part of her but the rational one. The one that told her she was crazy for feeling this way toward an alien man she hardly knew and that she would be forced apart from any day now, a man who she didn't deserve and likely wouldn't feel the same about her anyway. But here in this moment her body, mind, and soul all seemed to be in sync. It was the most peaceful she felt in weeks.

Here she was realizing how serious her feelings were for him and yet he just lay there staring at her with a calm expression on his face. Doubt flooded through her. Maybe she was misreading everything.

"Shima." He said softly. "For a moment you looked content but now confused. Why is this? What's wrong?" He said as his fingers ran over her eyebrows, causing her furrowed muscles to relax. She leaned to her left slightly, resting her face against his hand, which he happily cupped for her.

She closed her eyes and exhaled.

"I..." I'm falling in love with you. She wanted to say, but instead she said. "We should head back." She said quietly but made no move to follow her own words.

"Shima, look at me." His thumbs continued caressing her cheeks. "Please."

She opened her eyes and when they connected with his eyes she became overwhelmed with emotion. She needed to get up and get out of here. Now.

She broke eye contact with him and looked at how best to move without getting any closer to him. "It... it's getting late. I've probably done too much for today." She didn't recognize her own voice. It sounded distant, emotionless. Even when she was overflowing with emotion and felt she might burst any moment.

She felt herself panicking but couldn't manage to stop it. She looked to the side and began to lean over to remove herself from atop him. As she began her movement she gasped audibly as she was quickly tossed onto her back. He had her right leg pinned between his legs. His abdomen pressed against her as his chest heaved up and down above hers, his left arm resting on its elbow beside her head while his right hand was against the dirt beside her waist. She felt so small and frail underneath him and her body shivered in desire as he overpowered her.

"Ashima." His voice came out slowly, low and menacing and she felt heat rush through her in response. "You are not being honest with me." He said as he searched her eyes.

She stared at him, her brain frozen and unable to process anything while her body was all too happy to process every little movement from his, every warm spot where their bodies melded together.

When she remained quiet for several moments he leaned down slowly. Ashima's body tensed as she tuned in to the movement. Just when she thought he was about to press his lips to hers, when she was about to part her lips in preparation, he shifted his head and buried his face into her neck instead, exhaling loudly.

Ashima noticed the deep rise and fall of his shoulder muscles as he breathed in and out, and how his jaw tensed repeatedly as if he was having an internal battle. His breath fanned across her neck and her body involuntarily trembled as the sensation forced her to take in a deep breath, her chest rising and almost touching his. He quickly raised his head and looked at her, staring at her as if she had the answer to all of life's questions. 

"Shima, I'm going to ask you a question. Will you promise to be honest with me in your answer?"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1.6K 31
In a time when angels and demons traverse the cosmos, Khamuel's staid existence is thrown into chaos after his healer is found dead. His only chance...
261 20 31
Alex Sorenson has finally realized his lifelong dream - to become a Scoutship Pilot. The best of the best, pushing the edges of Human claimed space...
203K 11.3K 54
What do you do when a tall, unreasonably attractive alien crash lands in front of you? You shoot him of course. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── It's been...
555 105 40
Aurora only arrived on Earth a few months back, but she has already been through a lot! After her space ship crashed, she was left wondering how she...