her camp crystal lake killer...

By letswritewithiris

iris (Also known as Y/n) and her friends go on a spontaneous road trip, that is until an unexpected event le... More

acknowledgement
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWLEVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINE-TEEN
TWENTY

ONE

654 12 0
By letswritewithiris

The boot closed with a clatter, shattering through the hot, sticky summer air.

Mabel climbed into the car, grin on her face as she tapped at the seat's headrest in front of her. I shook my head, a smile on my face. Mabel had always been a wild spirit, always enjoyed the freedom of driving on the road.

Connor grinned, entering the driver side of the car.

"Who's ready for the road trip of the century?"

Mapel hollered, I shook my head. Smile on my face as I climbed into the passenger side seat. Connor grinned, swiping his hair back.

College has always been stressful. We are all almost strangers, even though I've known both Mabel and Connor since I was young enough to walk. But the minute the Semesters bell rings. We are back to being best friends.

"Where first?" Mabel questioned. I clicked my seatbelt on, adjusting my position on the seat.

"Well we could go to my grandads cabin." Connor suggested, slowly leaving the gravelled drive way. "We always go their." Mabel pointed out.

I bit my lip, glancing down at the unfolded map on the dash board. "We could just drive." I glanced at Connor. "I mean I see multiple inn's we could stop in for the night - and if we get too tired of it we could go to his granddad's cabin."

Living on the road for ten days would be a challenge. But one we all desperately needed. We are so used to being hunched over a desk rushing to get work done, cramming in time to study before an exam. And the stress of work mixed in. It all became too much, even for us. The three of us, especially me, were known for being able to hold up under stressful circumstances. I would have to, I'm studying medicine. Specifically nursing.

"I like it." Connor nodded, his legs shifting open wider as he got more comfortable. I snap my eyes up. Brows furrowed further together.

When the fuck did Connor start to get attractive? Nonetheless he did nothing but get comfortable in his seat. Its official, I'm losing my mind. My face fell slightly. I was disgusting.

Never in my life have I thought of someone as attractive. Never mind my childhood best friend.

The drive up the empty road is quiet, and I'm thankful for the silence. Mabel's silent hums fill the car, accompanied by the pat of Connors fingers drumming a beat into the steering wheel.

A smile spread on my lips. These were the memories I wanted to have with my friends. It's been so long I had almost forgotten the feel of having them around. Perhaps the flutter in my abdomen every time I look at Connor is nothing more than a friendly kind of love. After all I did just go through months of not talking to him, never mind not seeing him.

I'm jerked from my thoughts as the car made a rumbling stop. Connor furrowed his brow and with one hand, he parked the car at the side of the road. Just when the car came to a stop, black smoke puffed from the engine.

I clicked off my belt, opening the car door. Coughing instantly as the smell of Smoke enters my nose.

"I told you not to buy that thing." Mabel coughts, waving the smoke away from her nose. I nodded, agreeing.

Connor grumbled. "In my defence it the engine was built by dave." I froze in my tracks. Eyes shut, painfully slow as I tilted my head up to the glaring sun.

Dave has been known to mess up all his projects. He managed to blow up a bowl of rice in the dorms, how he did that I will never know. But my question is why Connor allowed him to go near the engine of his car. If the never ending falling flakes of rice isn't reminder enough, would the home made conditioner made hair removal cream not be enough? Poor Ashley has a bald spots to this day.

"Connor." Mabel said.

I walked away, to the worn dirt path to the side. This particular conversation was too painful for me to be in. Sometimes I wondered if he had more than two brain cells. It's almost like the older he gets, the stupider he becomes. But for now that wasn't the problem. I was far from a grease monkey, I didn't know if there was any possible way we could fix the engine and if we could. We were no doubt lacking the tools.

"Iris what do we do?" Mabel's voice held a different type of strain, as she wrapped her arms around her stomach.

"We can hike up this way." I pointed to a clearing, surrounded by large blades or glass. Swaying in the wind.

"But." Mapel bit her lip. "What if it's a dead end?"

I shrugged my shoulders, slinging my bag over my back. Eyes glancing over connors slumped shoulders. "We turn back, and just thumb it."

I blew a strand of hair out of my face. "There could be a telephone nearby. The map does say there is an abandoned camp, I saw it on the map earlier when I was looking for inn's. Heard about it too a few years back." I raised a brow, looking over at Connor for confirmation. I was pretty sure their was something back behind the shelter of the woods. Just wasn't quite sure what.

It could be just a lake, or could be a camp. Or maybe my map reading skills need to be re-checked and there is nothing.

He narrowed his Brown eyes, looking over the map. "She's right." He finally spoke. "There is an old camp up the ways."

I tapped my temple. "See, panicking gets you nowhere."

Mable nodded her head. Hands whipping down her shorts as she slung the bag over her shoulder. Slamming shut the car with her foot.

"I can't help it." She dipped her head. "Ever since the break in I've been...too busy over analysing situations."

Connor smiled. "Nothing wrong with that." His voice is low as he soothes her. "Your gut will always see things our heart and Brain are too blind to see."

I giggled. "When did you get so wise."

"Always have been thank you very much." He folded the map neatly, tucking it into the back pocket of his jeans.

"Then it picks and chooses when to come out." I pointed my finger at him. "Because having dave out of all people build that engine was just down right stupid."

I smiled, shaking my head as I opened the boot. Taking my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I had just enough water to last us until we got somewhere.
So that wasn't something I was worried about as I watched Connor lock the car door.

Mabel followed, walking ahead of me. Her steps were careful as she walked over fallen leaves and broken bits of tall grass. This definitely wasn't the holiday I was expecting, but it was with them so who was I to care? My family didn't give much shit about me. Sure I didn't have to personally pay for college, never had to worry about food or water. But they never were present much in my life.
While they were there physically, they lacked being there mentally. And for that - they weren't there mentally.

These two people beside me where, and always have been. It made me wonder if I could be falling in love with Connor. It wouldn't be strange for that to be the case. Or it could be down right physical attraction. A feeling I would never act on.

I wasn't ready for anything like that and I doubted I ever would be. I was 19, and still a virgin. Unheard of within my small friendship group.

"I'm not wearing the right outfit for this." Mabel groaned, pushing past a particular big area of grass. I rolled my eyes. "Should have worn something more appropriate." I had no pity for her, She brought the constant bug bites, stings of Netal bushes to herself.

"Hey, no one said to me we would be hiking." She pointed a long slender fingers in my direction. "I was told we where going to be on a road trip."

I flicked my poney tale, whipping my hair around to my other shoulder. "I did tell you to pack extra clothes other than shorts, you know in case there is a change of events."

"No one is as prepared as you are iris." Connor laughed, ducking under a hanging branch. I pursued my lips.

"Are we fucking their yet?" A voice called out.

"No." A man sighed. "Just shut the fuck up. I'm sure we'll be there soon."

"Do you even know how to read that thing?"

"Yes."

"Well doesn't fucking look -."

My shoulders tensed as My hand wrapped tighter around the strap of my bag. About three college boys and one man froze in their spot, eyes darting back and forth between me, Connor and mabel. Sweat gushed from their foreheads. Especially the man in the middle. His chest fell and raised faster than anyone else. His hands gripped the map, crumpling it around the edges.

"What are you lot' doing out here?" He questioned. Words clipped.

"We could ask you the same thing." Connor countered, taking a protective step in front of Mabel.

I couldn't help but notice the silent gesture, the way his hands opened wide, almost as if shielding her. Maybe that was only because of her not holding up well in these situations. Right? He didn't need to protect me. I mean, physically yes I was weak but mentally I was strong.

The college boys didn't look like they could pack much of a punch. Their arms are skinny and even from here I can smell the weed. The man - maybe late forties looked like he come do some damage if given the opportunity. But he wasn't My problem.

"We are looking for the old camp." I raised a brow, forcing myself out of my train of thoughts.

One of the college boys stepped forward. "We're heading up that direction, you can join us." He offered. When I hesitated, he pointed at himself. "I'm Alex, just starting college." He pointed at the next one beside him. "That's Jack." Jack slided his round glasses up his face. "He's in his last year of high-school, but should be in college."

Alex gestured to the taller one of the group. "He is, max my younger brother, despite our birth certificates. He gets confused as the older one." The two did resemble each other feature wise. Max had a strong jawline, even a nose that looked to have been broken a few times.

My eyes fell on the oldest of the bunch. "He is Jack's father." I nodded my head.

We don't know where we are going, and considering we are a good four to five hours away from home it wouldn't help getting some help to camp. And if camp doesn't have any form of telephone, then we can always get a ride off these people. The only downfall is the serious smell of weed wafting from their pores.

"Sure." I dipped my head, gesturing for them to take the lead. I wasn't stupid, and I certainly wasn't going to walk behind a group of men, who could potentially murder us all in the middle of the woods. Where - no one would hear us scream. Even if they did, I doubted anyone would want to come and help.

People seemed to be like that. Self centred, horrible. I knew that. Experienced it myself even at a young age. So now- I work hard to be a better person. I may not be able to change the world but I can control my part in it. And I choose to be kind when I can. Even then I'm not stupid, I know at times I have to do what has to be done, even if it means being around people I feel uncomfortable with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 3.6K 23
This is about a young girl (YOU) Going on one crazy adventure you will not want to forget or miss out on... Psst! Too lazy to read? Now you don't hav...
737K 27.1K 52
(THIS GOT REWRITTEN) [PLEASE NOTE: The cover is not usually blurry, I created this with PhotoShop and made it with 300 resolution and 1024x1600, so i...
31.1K 1.2K 32
What happens when a 23 year old girl decides to take photos of a forest with many, and i mean MANY signs that say no entry, all by herself? Wel...
88.8K 2.7K 17
Another summer, another camping season and another group of promiscuous teens and young adults. Nothing special, right? There wasn't anything specia...