chromatober

By MillieAintHere

Chromatober !! Run by LoneRanger :33 (definitely not gonna be able to do all the prompts (already doing 2 ot... More

EYES (II)
* RETURN (IV)
FLOWERS (V)
MASK (VII)
BETRAYAL (IX)
MEMORY (X)
LULL (XI)
* COLD (XIII)
SHELTER & CONFINEMENT
HABIT (XIX)
GUILT (XX)

HUNTED (I)

184 7 11
By MillieAintHere

no i'm not reposting a seer fic i made here . would never ................ anyways . before anyone asks how this relates to them prompt it's less physically hunting something down and more mentally being hunted. you'll see.

TW // BODY HORROR, BLOOD, DEATH, GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, SELF HARM THOUGHTS/ACTIONS

────────────

For a moment, the only sense Seer had was his sight. He saw the skies darkened, the smoke that was billowing from the edges of the land, and the bodies that covered the ground.

Seer had jumped back, and then his other senses had kicked in. His hands pushed down against the dirt, some parts of it were unnaturally dry and other parts sunk in against his palms, wet of blood. He must've fell.

He gasped, and inhaled the horrible stench of burning, dying bodies. Cloth being torched, bricks and buildings slowly collapsing and melting away. Bodies, all around him, flesh burning to a crisp. Seer gagged at the smell. His eyes burned from the smoke.

When did he get here? Right. Dread, this wasn't real.

Right?

His blood was flowing at the sight. He needed to get out of here. Even if this wasn't real, it made him feel like his lungs would be filled with smoke at any moment, or that his eyes would melt from his skull.

Seer inhaled to try and calm himself, but all that did was make him inhale the smell of corpses again. He covered his mouth, dirt still on his hands. Find a way out. Find a way out.

"Seer."

A shriveled, dying voice. For a moment, Seer thought he was just hearing things. No one seemed alive around him. Moments later, he felt a small tug on his cloak.

"Seer..."

Seer looked down, and his own scream was caught in his throat. He wanted to scream, but almost every nerve in his body stopped at the sight.

Colle. Colle was on the ground. Colle was bleeding. Colle was missing bits and pieces from his torso. His scarf was torn, his throat was covered in blood, his skin barely covered his bones. It was a sight that made all the blood leave Seer's face, and he almost fainted.

"Colle- COLLE!"

Seer shook him blindly, barely processing the sight. Suddenly, it didn't matter to him if this was real or not, all that mattered was holding Colle.

"Seer, why did-"

He coughed, and Seer winced at it. This isn't real. He tried desperately to remind himself of that, but it felt so far off. He felt the warm blood on his hands as he held Colle, and he briefly wondered where it was leaking from.

Seer tried to stand up on his feet, but Colle's grip remained firm. It ticked at Seer's heart, it made him pause. He was practically kneeling over Colle.

"Where are you going...?"

"I'm- I don't know, but I need to get out of here-"

"What are you saying?!- You- you did this and-"

"I didn't..." Seer mumbled, slowly pulling Colle's hand off, "I-I know you're just trying to mess with me-"

"YOU did this! You killed all of these people and now you're-" Colle was cut off by more coughing. He practically collapsed onto Seer, and the wounds he had only became more and more visible. Seer shook his head violently, biting his inner cheek.

No- not real, not real. This wasn't real. Seer couldn't let this stop him.

"Stop. You're not real. Please." His voice was cracking, he wanted to slap himself. He wanted to tell himself to snap out of it, but it was all too much. His senses were too overwhelmed to think properly.

"I am! You can't just pretend you didn't-"

"I didn't..!-"

"YOU DID! ARE YOU BLIND?!" His voice only grew louder, and he gripped onto the edge of Seer's collar, practically spitting in his face. His head drooped as he coughed, but that didn't stop him from continuing to curse Seer's name.

"You can pretend this isn't real, but it is. I trusted you."

"... please, Colle, I know-"

"You don't."

Colle went silent, and for a moment, all Seer heard was the small crackles of fire. Seer didn't quite understand how this was his dread, but that didn't stop his skin from crawling. Regardless of how it actually related to him, he needed to leave.

'It's trying to tell me something.' Seer wondered blankly. No, now wasn't the time to try and analyze this. It was time to go, before he lost himself here.

"Colle?"

Nothing. Seer felt like his heart stopped. He nudged Colle; nothing, again.

Seer silently pulled Colle's hands away. They were cold, freezing against the warm air. He slowly got up, and tried to look away as he saw Colle's body slump against the ground. Not real. Not real.

His throat was tied in a knot, he felt like he was going to begin bawling. The corpses around him seemed to blend together, in the same horrid view. It was nothing but black and red, charred bodies soon to disappear.

"How do I get out of here...?" Seer mumbled to himself. He observed the area, but nothing helped. It was the same sight, endless against the horizon, "There's got to be a way."

He looked a little longer, but nothing. Seer fidgeted with his own sleeves. This was fine, it wasn't real. It isn't goddamn real.

Yet, the fierce smell of smoke and blood felt so real. It made him want to disappear. He swallowed his worries and looked around again. Surprisingly, this time, he saw something in the distance. A person.

Seer didn't notice how frantically he ran- or maybe he did, and just didn't want to think about it. His feet hit the cold, drying dirt as he ran. At some point, he heard a hand crunch under his steps.

'NOT REAL NOT REAL'

"Hey!- Hey!" Seer stumbled towards them, reaching his hand out, "Who are you- HEY-!"

He tripped on another part again, and lost his footing. Frantically, he grabbed at the person, pulling at their cloak.

Cold, firm hands held him still, one of them ingrained into his hair, tugging at it. Seer gasped at the sudden stop, trying to glance up to their face. He pulled himself up as quickly as he could, the hands leaving him.

"I'm sorry, I just- I'm-" Seer stopped talking the longer he stared at them.

They didn't look like someone who'd help him; their eyes were a deep red, their face was hidden, and the parts of them Seer could see left him unnerved. It looks like his own skin had been ripped apart and pulled together again. His skin was a paled grey and purple, with pale strips going across him like veins.

"Seer."

"Ah?"

The person flicked Seer's glasses, and before Seer could say anything, they grabbed his face as if they were examining him like a doll.

"H-Hey-!"

"It must have been such a long time..." They mumbled, tilting his head slightly. Seer hated how they also smelled like death; how for just a second, when they moved their arm and their cloak moved, he could see their rib cage. He was going to be sick.

"Isn't this lovely?"

"NO! Let go of me-!"

"No?" They tilted their head, and Seer could vaguely see them purse their lips, "That's strange, this is your doing. Well, our doing."

"Shut up!- This isn't-" Seer paused as he heard the last part, and shook his head, furrowing his eyebrows. He shouldn't listen. He couldn't. Yet, he spoke without thinking.

"Our...?"

For once, this strange person showed more emotion than firm, vague threats. They laughed- cackled, even. Seer's face shook as their hand swayed in their laughter.

"Hey-! This isn't funny, answer me!-"

Nothing. They'd stopped cackling, but now their crimson eyes focused on him, like an animal hunting their prey. It filled Seer with anger and helplessness. They saw him as an animal stuck in a bear trap.

It's not real.

Seer shoved at them, pushing as hard as he could. They stumbled when he started, but remained firm after. That damn laugh came back, and it only ticked Seer off more. For a moment, he just wanted to dig his hands right through his spine.

He shoved their stupid hood off, he hit his arms in some hope they'd break right off, he-

Seer paused as his fingers slowly slid off their hand. He bit his inner lip as he met his eyes.

A face so familiar, Seer winced at it. His own face, with long, pale scars across it. It grinned at him, his face almost looked like it was barely holding itself together.

"..What...?"

"Hello Seer." They finally said his name, and it made chills rush down his spine. The fingers on his face dug into his skin.

No, this couldn't be right. They looked like him, but it couldn't be him. His nails were too long, too violent and ready to dig into skin. His eyes were too sharp, as if he held only malicious intent. His body was too decayed, broken, like old rags that'd been torn apart.

"You're..."

Seer shoved again. Nothing.

"GET AWAY! YOU'RE JUST MESSING WITH ME!"

They cackled again as Seer struggled, as if it was all just a big joke.

"You want me to leave? You ran towards me, you wanted to know everything! This is all you!"

"No it's not-!" Seer struggled, and their nails dug in harshly. Seer briefly wondered if they'd begin digging into his skin, letting blood rush out of him like the other corpses. Was that what happened to Colle?

"Stop- Stop it, please! I'm nothing like you!"

"You are. I know you, very well. I am your future, after all. It's such much easier to understand you now than ever before."

Both of his hands reached up, holding Seer's face. His grip loosened, leaving little red marks where his nails had been digging in. He grinned at Seer, a few of his teeth missing.

"You think you're in control of yourself. You try to play peacemaker, but you're filled with anger. You think you can hold it it, because no one likes an angel who screams and yells, right?"

"That's- That's not..."

"Don't try to deny it, I know what you are. Exactly what you think. You think you're someone good, don't you?"

Seer fell silent. He clenched his fists, digging his nails against his palm. He hated him, he hated him. They flicked his forehead, bringing Seer's attention back to them.

"... and Colle." They giggled slightly, tilting their head, "Your friend. Even he'll be hurt by you. He'll die, because of you. You're a walking, ticking disaster. Look around you."

"I don't-"

"Need to? Of course you don't. You know I'm right."

"N-No! Of course not, I just..."

They leaned over Seer, practically whispering in his ear now.

"You will be the cause of a massacre. You will bring nothing but death and hatred upon the world." Their arms leaned across his back, tugging at Seer's wings, "You will let it happen until it eats you alive."

He said the last part as he plucked Seer's feathers. Seer only stood blankly.

He was right. Seer was angry. Of course he was. That- That didn't mean it'd lead to this, right?

No. Of course not. This wasn't real.

Seer shoved, and he screamed. Yet, as he shoved against his own self, they seemed to disappear in a deep mist. The entire world did, and now Seer stood alone.

"This is our future. This is yours."

Seer collapsed onto the ground.

"You said this wasn't real, right?"-

"SHUT UP!" Seer screamed out to the empty abyss, as if it would respond back. In a way, it already was, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME! LET ME OUT!"

Nothing. It itched at Seer. He screamed again, but nothing.

The world was silence now, but there was no smell of blood and death anymore. No fire crackling. The only sound was Seer's own cries.

This time, he let himself curse the world out. Just this once.

────────────

It was almost all Seer thought about. Sort of.

He spent a lot of time talking to Colle today, although most of it felt mindless. Colle wasn't that responsive, but he never stopped Seer from talking. Whenever he did talk though, he just seemed upset.

Seer understood it. He just kept talking, maybe a bit of background noise could help.

Eventually, Colle went to bed, barely having eaten much besides some soup- more just water with bits of food. Whatever they could spare from the potatoes, anyways.

Now Seer laid alone in his bed, only with his own thoughts.

It was warm here. It reminded him of the fire- hell, he could sometimes hear small crackles of fire, and the bubbles of the lava. He stared at the ceiling blankly, as if he'd fall asleep by looking at it.

Nothing. Seer thoughts drifted further.

He didn't want to cry, but of course he felt it building. It couldn't be helped, he hated the feeling of it.

'You will come to control what you know as evil.'

Great words to hear from a dying man. It either meant he'd be able to control it, or he'd become evil. Hopefully the former. Maybe Dread was wrong- it's not like he could actually see the future, right? He was just there to bring upon their worst nightmares.

No, he was wrong. Must've been. Clearly. Seer was just delusional, right?

Seer heard a creak outside his door. He sat up quickly. A few more creaks, then silence.

"Colle?"

A small creak. Seer squinted, and tapped the nightstand for his glasses.

"Colle- I'll uh, be there in a second." Where did he put them?

"No- no! I'll... I'm just, uh..."

Silence, then a small tap on the door.

"Can I come in?" Seer blinked quickly from that, then replied.

"Of course." The door slowly opened, and Colle's figure appeared in the dark room. Seer tried his best to focus on him, although everything was blurry, "Did you need something?"

"No... no. Just, uh, y'know..." Seer felt a weight on the bed, and soon one against his shoulder, "..Sorry."

"It's okay." Seer leaned against him, "Do you want to lie down?"

"Yeah."

Colle's voice sounded broken. Seer didn't push to ask anything; he laid down, and soon Colle followed. They both whispered good-nights quickly, and soon became accustomed to the warmth of the house again.

Seer felt Colle shake against him, and soon hic and cry. He remained silent. He felt Colle's hand grab at his shirt, and soon Colle clung to him like a lifeline. He sobbed against his back, head pushed against his wings like they were pillows.

He apologized over and over as he cried, fat tears running down his cheek and onto the sheets. Seer slowly curled up too, his body seeming to warp around Colle's hands.

In the warmth, they both cried. Although Seer was significantly quieter, trying not to worry Colle. He held onto his hands as he cried, he bit his lip to keep the knot in his throat.

Soon they were practically wrapping around each other. Seer briefly wondered if Colle saw something similar to what he did.

He wondered how he looked dead, only briefly. He wondered how he died, then shook those thoughts away. It didn't matter. He shouldn't think about it. Colle would tell him when he was ready.

For now, he curled around Colle, and let Colle curl around him.

Maybe he shouldn't tell Colle about his own dread just yet. He didn't want Colle to feel pressured, of course, but he didn't know what to tell him.

"Yeah, my dread was apparently my own future, in which you and everyone else were dead, and my future self looked like a corpse with bloody red eyes, horrific scars, and an incredible attention to detail?"

Yeah. Easy to say. Colle wouldn't ever want to talk to him again if Seer's future involved his death. It'd probably be for the better if it was true, but Seer didn't have any way of knowing if it was. He'd figure it out. He was smart enough to.

"You will let it happen until it eats you alive."

Seer winced at the idea of it. No. He'd fix it, he wouldn't ever let something like that happen.

He held onto Colle's hands tighter.

Never.

────────────

It felt a little too familiar; the burning, morbid feeling of it all. Blood rushing through his veins. Everything was in chaos. Seer stood for a moment on top of the citadel, watching it all.

The smell of death wasn't as prominent, but Seer already felt it rising. It was there, somewhere. Grabbing at all it could touch.

Seer stared down into the lava, despite it being so far away. For a moment, it was quiet. It felt quiet, at least. He was tip-toed at the very top, no one else was up there besides him, and the distinct roars of the dragon.

Why the hell did it have to show up now?

Seer sighed, tightening his grip on the scythe. No time to be scared. He had to get this over with. He flew through the air like it meant nothing, focusing himself on one thing.

Sort of. Two things, really. He needed to get rid of the demons, quick, and that meant both killing them now and sealing them away. He had the solution for both, but the second took much more time. He just needed to hold them off for now, give everyone else some time when he sealed them away.

At first he remained weary when killing them. Soon, it became easier than he expected. Their blood burned like lava itself, and their hands were clawed. Their skin was harsh, but once something broke their skin they went down easily. Their flesh was wet and warm, practically splitting like a fruit.

"...eer! Seer- hey!"

Someone tugged at his warm. A gruff voice. Beef?

"Have you seen Colle? He went after some demons, I haven't found him-"

"I'm on it. Take care of this." He spoke firmly, barely even sparing a glance at who he spoke to.

Seer yanked his scythe out of a demon and began moving as quickly as he could. He needed to seal them off, fast. His arms were burning. His feet hit the ground quickly, his heels loudly tapping against the hard ground as he ran.

He spotted something. A few demons, a sword on the ground, a head of fluffy red hair near the ground. Orange, burning blood was splattered against the floor.

Seer swung his scythe, and for a moment all it did was get stuck in one of the demon's skulls. Then Seer kept pushing, and all he heard for a moment was the sick crack as their skull split.

They shrieked, and Seer kept swinging. The world felt like white noise, all he could hear was the sounds of fire and the pressure of his scythe against their skin. Something on his face was burning.

He sliced, and sliced, and sliced, until-

"SEER, LOOK AT ME!"

The scythe was pulled out of their flesh, and Seer's face was suddenly being held in Colle's hands. He stared for a moment, blinking, processing Colle's expression. There were deep scratches on his cheek.

"... Colle."

Colle sighed as he stared into Seer's eyes, furrowing his eyebrows. His face looked determined, in contrast to Seer's. Colle couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm just.. I'm just defending you." Seer mumbled, his words slowly becoming more and more clear as he spoke. He readjusted his grip on the scythe.

"Defending me from what?!"

Seer opened his mouth to speak, and then slowly looked away. He bit his inner lip, and widened his eyes. The demons seemed completely decimated- mutilated, even. Orange, glowing flesh was scattered across the floor. Limbs were barely recognizable on the ground.

"...Oh."

Colle couldn't bear to look at the sight, and neither could Seer. Both of them kept their eyes on each other, and Colle only became more worried as the staleness in Seer's eyes remained.

"I need to leave. To- to seal the demons away."

"... Right."

Without another word, Seer flew off again. His huge, rainbow-colored wings made him stick out compared to the constant hues of red and orange. Colle's cheek was going numb, he could feel blood begin to pour out.

There wasn't any time for him to ponder on what happened, because shortly after he heard Beef yell his name. Colle quickly ran to him, only pausing once to pick up his sword. He caught another glimpse of the sight Seer caused.

Of course, nothing changed, and Colle kept moving. He couldn't help but keep remembering the look in Seer's eyes. Blind, cold rage. He'd almost never seen Seer like that except for when they'd yelled at each other.

Seer had screamed, screamed that Colle had no idea what he saw, that he didn't understand. Colle always hated remembering that. It was also the only time he'd ever heard Seer be so loud. He silently, constantly wondered about it. Seer said it was filled with darkness, but that didn't really tell him anything.

Regardless, he never thought to push it. Not until now, when he'd seen it so thoroughly in his eyes.

Once this was over, he'd ask about it.

────────────

It was such a peaceful night.

It'd barely been a week, no, two weeks since the demons had been dealt with. Seer had been on and off, sometimes he'd tried to stick around with everyone. Other times he'd remain alone.

He wasn't really alone. He knew there was a presence, following him, tracking him, hearing every single one of his breaths. Recently, it'd begun to whisper things to him, try to talk to him, even. Seer ignored it the best he could.

Now, that presence was also being accompanied by Colle, who's invited Seer over for the night. His house was warm and cozy, almost like him. Colle was always warm, for some reason. Seer used to like that.

Even now, he was warm, dead asleep. Seer wasn't. He was shaking, silently resting next to him. He wanted to rest, to fall asleep and let the world envelop him in such a softness as he did so.

Yet, he couldn't. He sat up, his hands trembling, his entire body seeming to shake and either.

"Seer...?"

No. He couldn't be real, Seer was just-

"You can't keep me away much longer."

He was doing fine.

"You're losing your hope. You know this is pointless."

He could handle it. Just a little longer, he could bear this burden. Once everything was all said and done, he could let it all be over. No one would die.

"Seeerrr~"

Suddenly, Seer felt like something was crawling up his throat, fast. He tried, just for a moment, to swallow it back down, but it persisted. He rushed to the bathroom, and spat out the substance on the clean marble sink.

His hands kept shaking as he coughed it up. It was dark, inky. Darkness, right? That's what he nicknamed it. It felt fitting.

Seer stared, just for a moment, and wiped it up. He was crying, he felt his eyes leaking. He stared into the mirror, but the house was too dark to see his reflection. He grumbled, but it didn't bother him too much. He'd rather not see his reflection now, anyways.

With a sigh, he wiped his eyes. His head was filled with nothing but frustration, and that only grew when his tears stuck to his hand, leaving a string against his eyelid.

It turned out, they weren't tears at all. It was more darkness, leaking from his eyes, his blood, his own organs.

Leaking from him.

"SEER!"

It was too loud. Seer stumbled quickly before rushing back to the main room. If the area had just been a bit bright, if the moonlight had just been shining right, Seer would have seen how his eyes were turning violet; soon to be red.

"YOU CAN'T RUN, YOU KNOW THAT!"

It was so loud. Darkness was beginning to leak from his nose now. Seer stood for a moment, blank, and grabbed his cloak. Colle was still resting peacefully, warm, safe. He would stay safe, and Seer would-

He'd do something. Just a few more days, and this would all be over.

Seer couldn't be here. He'd come back once he dealt with this. Of course he would! He was the hero, he could deal with this. He would deal with this.

He barely pulled his cloak on as he ran out the door, that stupid voice continuing to scream in pure joy.

The Kingdom's path was hard gravel. No one was outside. Seer felt his bones begin to creak involuntarily.

He teleported, continuing to run as the lightning swept him away. The sound was harsh, yet barely stirred Colle awake. In that small moment of consciousness, he reached around, only for nothing to be there.

He wasn't awake enough to process it, and Seer wasn't stable enough to realize how screwed he was.

────────────

Seer landed in the middle of nowhere. Lush forest was all around him, as if trying to trap him within it.

He was already trapped, anyway. He'd been trapped since he used the darkness, his prison was his own flesh and skin. A parasite ate at him, taking away every part of him.

"GET OUT OF ME! GET OUT OF ME!" Seer screamed blindly, now clawing at his own face to get the darkness out of his nose and eyes. He coughed it up, spat it out as if it were posion- it practically was.

It clumped together, and fell out regardless. It clawed its way out, but not to leave Seer at peace. No, the opposite. There was plenty that'd built up, too much for him to hear.

"How long do you think you'll fight back for?"

"LONG ENOUGH! LEAVE ME ALONE!" His responses weren't anything clever, or even solid, but Seer couldn't care. He felt like he was losing himself, like he wasn't even looking through his own eyes anymore.

At some point, he'd stopped clawing at his skin and dug his hands against his wings instead. No matter what he did, the darkness poured out, so he took his stress out against his beautiful, rainbow wings. Clumps of feathers were ripped out, and that didn't stop Seer from digging his nails deeper.

"Poor thing.. let me help you, I'll take all the pain away."

"I know what you'll do! I won't kill anyone! I won't-! I- I-!"

Seer began to cry. Truly cry. An ugly cry that children would do, something that was so loud and horrendous to hear, but no one was around to hear him.

He bawled like a baby, he screamed against the grass, and tears were caught against the darkness. Seer hated blinking, just for a moment, because he could feel darkness stuck behind his eyelids as he did so.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! THIS IS ALL-"

"Because of you. You took the darkness. You knew exactly what this would lead to."

"I THOUGHT I COULD-" He was practically coughing clumps out, barely able to yell back anymore. It was like his entire body was becoming covered in this, inside and out. His fingers began digging further into his wings, blood beginning to leak out into the grass. He silently begged, begged for this to stop, begged for anything.

There had to be something around, a cliff- something. Even then, Seer knew he wasn't strong enough to throw himself off. He barely had the energy left to continue adding to the puddle of darkness under him. It began to move slightly on its own, the grass around it dying as it did so.

At some point, he collapsed on the ground, his ear resting against the cold grass. He plucked at his feathers, his heartbeat pounded in his own ears, and he waited for it to be over.

He could vaguely hear something yelling to him. Not the darkness, something else. The crystals? Maybe. The voice sounded familiar. Were they the ones forcing the darkness out of him?

If so, he was thankful, but he wished there was some sort of warning. Yet, Seer's anxiety didn't stop. The crystals were still distinctly sobbing in his head, yelling for him to get up, to move, to do something.

Seer heard something slosh, and looked up. The moon was blocked by something, something slimy that barely caught its light. The morbid realization that it was the darkness dawned upon Seer.

It really did look like a parasite, just for a minute.

It lunged at Seer, and soon his world became an empty, cold abyss.

────────────

"Seer?"

Light. Warmth. Warmth. Safe.

"Seer, hey, it's late, c'mon."

Seer blinked, squinting from the sun shining into his eyes. What time was it?

"Seer!"

"Ah-" Seer sat up slightly in the bed, pulling himself up the best he could. How long had he been out for? He felt like he was sleeping for years, "Morning.. Mm."

Colle was the only thing Seer could make out in the room, besides the bed they'd been resting on. The sun was shining right in, making it much harder for Seer's eyes to adjust. He groaned slightly. How was he still tired?

"You've been asleep a while."

"How long?"

"I wasn't keeping track. At least an hour later than usual."

"Lovely." Seer looked around. Why was it so bright? He blinked a few times, then rested back down. His head was hurting from the sun. Maybe he needed his glasses.

No, that wasn't right. He hadn't needed his glasses since the crystals were infused to him. Maybe he was just that tired.

"Was I up late last night?"

"Heard you run off."

"Oh..?"

Wait. Wait.

Seer sat up quickly, rubbing his own face. Nothing was there. Of course nothing was there, why did he check that?

"Colle?"

"Mhm?"

Seer bit his lip, and rubbed his head again. He just woke up, how did he already have a headache? He was missing something, like a portion of his memory was just... gone.

"Colle, I think I'm forgetting something... Last night, I... ah-..."

Nothing. He couldn't recall it at all. He folded his wings around himself as he tried as hard as he could to remember something, anything. How tired had he been?

"It's alright, Seer. You'll probably remember it later. For now, just get yourself out of bed."

".. Right. Yeah." Maybe it wasn't important.

Colle climbed out of bed, walking off into the light. Seer looked up to him, and blinked, once, twice. Something felt off. He looked out the window, back to the room. Nothing.

"Colle?"

"Yes?"

"... Can you turn around?"

The room was silent. Eerily silent. Seer fidgeted with the sheets on the bed, looking around. The world almost looked like watercolor, something slowly fraying at the edges. Seer didn't see Colle's face, and for some reason, he couldn't remember it.

Colle turned, and the world seemed to fall apart.

A soft white enveloped Seer, bringing him oh so far away from all of this. For just a moment, Seer had felt comfortable, lying there, warm, safe.

It was a shame this fake world couldn't last much longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 107 21
"Fine, I'll do it myself." In honor of my 5 year OTP, I have finally done it. After I have faded out and come back into the fandom stronger than eve...
5.8K 193 20
Hihiiii :D This'll be a collection of Rainbow Quest one-shots, as the title says ✨ Slowish updates, requests open but slow ayayayay :,3 More to be...
1.1K 80 31
ChromaTober Writing Challenge by LoneRanger253 Created: September 30, 2023, 10:16-10:17 pm Start: October 1, 2023, 7:41 am End: November 5, 2023, 11:...
4.2K 343 32
A collection of short stories for the Chromatober 2023 challenge hosted by @LoneRanger253