Vacuity (Sebastian Sallow) |...

Von EllaSallow

A year after being incarcerated in Azkaban, Sebastian Sallow is granted his freedom when evidence surfaces th... Mehr

Vacuity (Sebastian Sallow)
Vacuity | Prologue
Ch 1 | Seventh Year
Ch 2 | The Return
Ch 3 | Brutal Reunion
Ch 4 | The Trigger
Ch 5 | Biggest Fan
Ch 6 | The Acceptance
Ch 7 | First Tension
Ch 8 | The First Signs
Ch 9 | A Start
Ch 10 | The Butterfly Effect
Ch 11 | Grasping
Ch 12 | The First Day
Ch 13 | Giving Up
Ch 14 | The Nickname
Ch 15 | It's Over
Ch 16 | The Fight
Ch 17 | Mixed Feels
Ch 18 | The Ignorant Girl
Ch 20 | The Missing Touch
Ch 21 | Triggers
Ch 22 | The Pattern
Ch 23 | Climax
Ch 24 | The Memory *
Ch 25 | The Cliché Stop
Ch 26 | Lost and Found
Ch 27 | The Safekeeping
Ch 28 | Healing
Ch 29 | The Nightmares
Ch 30 | Forbidden Butterfly
Ch 31 | The Learning *
Ch 32 | Untold Truth
Ch 33 | The Breaking Point 1
Ch 33 | The Breaking Point 2
Ch 34 | After-Care *
Ch 35 | The Three Words
Ch 36 | He Said It

Ch 19 | Scars

2.3K 89 335
Von EllaSallow

Ch 19 | Scars

"Underneath it all,
I'm held captive by this hole inside,"
Alex & Sierra

Y/n's Perspective

"How are you feeling?" Poppy Sweeting asked one Wednesday.

I admired as her small hands caressed over the hippogriff's feathers. Highwing's beak began to lower more and more as she ate the food Poppy provided.

I rarely took use of the Vivarium. Not that I didn't care about the animals; Deek will sometimes take over through my absences, but so has Poppy Sweeting. I've lacked on my visits in the Room of Requirement, so I was glad I could rely on someone to care for it and the beasts.

"Feeling?" I finally took in Poppy's question. My hands lowered, extending over the nearest Puffskein and petting it, "I could be better."

It wasn't difficult opening up to Poppy Sweeting. She held such a pure and innocent soul within, I knew that no matter what was told, whether it was inappropriate or light, Poppy would always see the brightness in it.

Although she wasn't fully convinced about sharing my lips with Garreth Weasley inside a Hospital Wing last week, Poppy was glad I was doing well. I also opened up about the odd rupture between Sebastian Sallow and I — that one did concern her.

"Don't you look at it as strange?" Poppy questioned, looking at a distance and thinking about her own question.

It was strange. Everything was strange.

"Strange?" I repeated her last words, still keeping my petting over the Puffskein.

"Yeah, I mean," Poppy stopped petting Highwing and set her strands of hair behind  her ears as she opened up, "I know we don't speak much about Sebastian anymore, but your feelings are validated. It's strange of him to act that way."

I shrugged, taking in the truth, "Everything is strange, Poppy. He was in there for a year. An entire year. Nearly more than I've known him. It's strange." I kept repeating, referring to Azkaban.

Poppy nodded, wanting to avoid the topic, but kept speaking her mind. I didn't blame her, people were confused. I was confused. It was a turn of events from the fifth year.

"I have him for Beasts class with Professor Howin." She reminded, "He always seems intrigued with the animals and never bothers anyone."

I stopped petting the Puffskein and nodded, dusting off my pants from all the animal fur.

"That seems hard to believe. Almost every class I have with Sebastian Sallow, something feels...off." I admitted.

Poppy kept nodding.

"But he also holds a grudge against me. I'm his biggest enemy now, so, really, who am I to blame?" I laughed in hurt.

"Oh, Y/n...I'm so sorry about that." Poppy gave a look of guilt, like if it was her fault, "You are not the enemy! He is just not well."

"And he won't be," I sighed, "But it's alright, Poppy. I've learned to move on from it. I think I'm doing well."

I hadn't been well, and although there were several events that might've balanced out my stress, it was nothing compared to the meter of tiredness.

The Ministry never stopped bothering me. Not that I was ignoring them, but it was becoming overwhelming. I received an owl this morning about a task near Manor's Cape tomorrow and another reminder of my consideration of joining them soon.

"What's on your mind, Y/n?" Poppy asked, noticing my dazed expression.

"Oh, nothing," I laughed, "I just have to skip Divination class tomorrow for a mission, that's all. It'll be quick. I should be back by dinner."

"A mission? Again?! This might be the third time you miss a class this week!" Poppy exclaimed, "Do you think it's affecting your studies?"

It was affecting my studies, in the most horrible way, but I began to think about how most of this wouldn't have mattered if I decided I wasn't going to pursue at Hogwarts anymore.

"Yeah, but, actually," I looked down, biting the inside of my cheek from the confession, "I am not sure if I'm even going to continue...well, graduate Hogwarts." I said, weirdly.

Poppy's brown eyes rose at my reveal. "What?! Are you failing already? Oh, Merlin, Y/n! It's only December and—"

"No, it's not that. The Ministry offered me a proposal." I licked my lips, "To...work with them."

There was no need to announce this news to everyone, but it might've been nice to give a heads-up to my close friends. If it did end up happening, I wouldn't be seeing them as often anymore.

"What? Really? Don't you work for them already?" Poppy gasped, "A proposal? To leave Hogwarts?!" She questioned again, in denial.

"Yeah, like getting paid more, having a better living standard for grams and I. Benefits for my role in life, I guess?" I thought to myself, feeling a bit guilty about wanting to leave now.

I knew working for the Ministry would open up a world of new opportunities. But what about my friends at Hogwarts? What would become of us when I didn't see them anymore? And how could I let them know I was leaving without sounding bad?

"But to leave Hogwarts? Can you not do that after graduation?" Poppy asked, her face contorting in surprise.

"Or I could just not accept it," I said with a small smile, taking Poppy's last statement, "But I do sometimes think about a better life for my grandma and I, you know? A better living condition, environment, and...I don't know. It won't happen, but you're my best friend, Poppy." I sighed.

"Of course. Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it, and it'll be unfortunate to see you gone." Poppy sighed, "But I suppose...if you're getting offered something that many don't, then it's a lifetime opportunity."

"It is, but I do enjoy spending my time here too." I thought, "I know studying for NEWTs isn't ideal, but it's a normal student life." I lied.

Nothing about my life was normal. I knew about ancient magic and used it for a living now. Being a student was as normal as I'd felt for a moment in my life.

"So, what about...Garreth?" Poppy let out in a more soft tone, teasing me.

I flushed, "What about Garreth?"

We both laughed with each other around the beasts and I shrugged.

"Oh, come on, Y/n, everyone saw how he passed you that secretive note in first class!" Poppy giggled, "So obvious!"

I did speak to Garreth Weasley occasionally. Well, only in classes of course. He didn't send the next invite until this morning in Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

I sat between the wooden bench before he slipped off the note between two tables afar. He enchanted it in a bird figure to make it fly while Professor Hecat wasn't looking.

Yeah, it was slightly romantic, but Sebastian Sallow had also returned back to classes after a week, letting his side-eyeing gaze distract the moment for a second.

Quidditch Field this afternoon?

- G.W :p

I stared at the note below me. It was obvious Garreth was inviting me to see him practice this afternoon. It did take a few days for him to recover from the past injuries, but this Tuesday he finally got permission to restart again.

"He wants me to watch him practice." I smiled down to myself.

"Practice? Today?" Poppy asked, "Hasn't it started already?"

"Has it?" I said in a panic feeling, knowing I was late.

"I think so? It is past four after class..." Poppy reminded.

"Merlin, you're right!" I gasped to myself.

"You should head out soon if you want to make it to the field on time." Poppy smiled, "And wear the Hufflepuff scarf! It's cold December!"

"Are you not joining me?!" I scoffed.

Poppy kept her smile, looking over the warm Vivarium, "How could I? I prefer to enjoy the imagery weather of the Vivarium than the freezing cold." She laughed.

I closed my eyes and smiled, "I suppose you're right..."

"I'm sure you'll find our dormitory girls out there. Adelaide and Lenora tend to watch practices for fun, you know because..."

"Yeah, Lenora wants to watch Leander." I almost gagged, "No judgment, but alright. I'll see you, Poppy."

Sometimes, being Anti-Floo didn't have its benefits in the winter scene. I was all for enjoying nature, but although it was an enchanted castle, the slippery icy floors weren't and I struggled — But I did prefer the cold than to feel sick after traveling in Floo.

I was stubborn.

I can hear the chatter and heavy play when I neared the Quidditch field from afar. My sight was a bit of a blur from the light snow falling, but I could see the Gryffindor players fly around with another opposing team.

It might've been Slytherin, but before I could check the proper colors, a body purposely slammed into me and almost made me slide through the ice below us.

"Oops! Watch where you're—oh, it's you." A harsh tone let out behind me.

I ignored Isabel Prewett's presence, along with  her two friends beside her. The worst I could've done was to go along with it.

I kept walking, still being careful about the slippery floor below me before wanting to reach the grass.

"Are you deaf now? Heading to the Quidditch pitch?" Isabel let out again.

I huffed, feeling my yellow scarf wave around the windy weather as I continued.

"Nothing that concerns you, Isabel." I murmured underneath my mouth.

"Yo! Weasley! Be faster, Cap!"

I can hear the voices of the Quidditch field in the distance already. I was just a few steps away.

"Awe, did Garreth Weasley invite you to his practice? How adorable," Isabel turned over the players in the air, "You're not that far then. He does love to recycle his schemes. How unfortunate."

Her two friends, Nerida Roberts, a Slytherin, and Cressida Blume, a Gryffindor, laughed at her words.

"I really don't care. Can you move out of the way now?" I said with no care.

"No, it seems like you lack awareness. I thought you said you wanted nothing to do with my ex-boyfriend and all of a sudden you're all over him." Isabel spat out, "That wasn't really girl-talk of you."

I closed my eyes, took a breath and glanced at her, "Well, things change, Isabel. So should you." I argued.

Cressida scoffed, "A bit braver now, aren't you, Hufflepuff?"

Isabel frowned, but her shaped eyebrows raised with a smile. "Not hurt. It is just interesting to see you hop over my ex-boyfriend after your little Sebastian refused to talk to you."

For such cold weather right now, my body never felt so hot as it did now. I felt my brows wiggle without knowing and my fingers tingled underneath my gloves.

"Hit a nerve?" Isabel asked.

"No," I murmured.

"It's alright. I don't blame you. You could be upset that you don't get to walk Sebastian Sallow like a dog anymore. Or how he enjoys more time with me than he ever did with you." Isabel laughed, "He did fancy me, right? You didn't tell me that part fifth year."

I felt my throat close once, but I handled my emotions, "Well, that was fifth year. Sebastian does not enjoy anything anymore." I defended.

"Hm, does he? Or does he not enjoy being around you anymore?" Isabel fixed, "Always in denial, aren't you, you little witch?"

"I don't care." I said bluntly, "It's just obvious that whatever you're depicting now is not working."

"You don't care or are you in denial that I got to have them both, and you didn't?" Isabel whispered near my ear, "Because I remember it was exposed that you and Sallow never really dated."

If only you knew, Isabel.

"Awe, look, her cheeks are tinted!" Nerida teased and I frowned more.

Isabel let out a girly laugh, throwing her head back and crossing her arms whilst looking over to me.

"And I bet I could take Garreth from you too," Isabel let out, "Have them both wrapped around my fingers. See how your little special magic isn't so special."

I didn't believe her. I didn't want to, but she was so good at pinpointing the worst of all that it did trigger my senses. Too much. My reasons for leaving Hogwarts were rising more and more.

"And I bet I could take all of you if you don't leave me alone right now," I said angrily, letting my inner conscious talk over me and raising my wand.

I watched as all three girls backed away for a moment and as my emotions began to take over, another student intervened, cutting off my ancient trouble.

"Whoa,"

I closed my eyes toward the interruption that was caused by Andrew Larson, getting in my way and preventing a magical fight.

"Move out the way, Larson!" I frowned, fighting him off, "Let me show them—"

"What a bloody psycho!" Isabel shouted, "I knew you were crazy! No guys could ever love girls like you!"

I fought off Andrew as I watched Isabel and her friends begin to enter the field in front of me. My hands were colder than ever, feeling the ancient magic wanting to scream through my gloves, but the Ravenclaw boy was good at holding back.

"Let me go!" I screeched.

"Eh, I don't think it'll be...nice to see a Hufflepuff disobey their house this way." Andrew finally backed away, letting me go.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a huff and putting down my wand.

"Can we stop with this stereotype of Hufflepuffs? I'm truly ready to prove everyone wrong once and for all." I began walking.

I looked around outside the field, hoping no other students witnessed the chaos, but luckily, it was empty, so I could enter that Quidditch field and let Isabel Prewett make out lies.

Andrew Larson adjusted his Ravenclaw scarf whilst following beside me, "Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"Just leave me alone, Andrew. If you're here to find an excuse to see Adelaide, I'm right with you." I murmured, entering the field and beginning to walk over the stands.

PAUSE.

You know what I say about long chapters.

Stop here and enjoy later, or continue.

Thank you for reading!

"Oh, Y/n! You did make it!" Lenora Everleigh let out excitedly as I stepped around the cold stands.

I furrowed my brows, being careful as I walked, and tried not to slip from the frozen material, "You sound like you already knew I was coming."

"Of course, we did." Adelaide scoffed, the cold air coming off her mouth, "Not like everyone saw Garreth Weasley pass you that love note—"

I sighed, taking the seat beside Lenora while Andrew sat with Adelaide. A flush came from her pale face, but it seemed obvious something was publicly coming out of both of them.

"It wasn't a love note." I corrected.

"Come on, you have to have known by now. It's not like Garreth Weasley is subtle." Lenora snickered beside me.

I ignored Lenora, beginning to bring my attention toward the field, beginning to watch the players above.

"It's so obvious." Lenore whispered near my ear, "He stares at you in class, and gives you little cards—"

"Keep your aim better next time, Weasley!" Imelda Reyes's voice echoed through the cold air above us.

I flinched as her broom almost passed near us, making me hide from a hit, and from afar, I could see Garreth Weasley.

In the cold winter air, Garreth Weasley looks roughed up and sweaty as he practices Quidditch with Slytherins. His red hair is flying everywhere and his gloves seem tighter than ever.

I noticed that a lot when I played against him sixth year. The memories do seem like a blur, but although I did fancy Garreth for a little bit fifth year, the sixth year never got my attention like it was now. It was confusing.

"Oh! He saw you!" Adelaide let out at me.

I might've lost my concentration so much, that I didn't realize Garreth Weasley was waving from above, his freckled cheeks red from the coldness. He smiled for one second —

Yes, one second.

The bludger came at him fast, hitting his stomach painfully, and we all gasped. Since Garreth was used to the heavy play, he just groaned out and frowned, staring over at the opponent.

I turned with him.

His brown, sweaty hairs hung over his tanned face, and you could tell the eyes were extremely focused on the target. His thick brows were in a permanent frown, and the long fingers curled tightly over the wood of the broom.

"I thought Sebastian Sallow was suspended from Quidditch play." I said in a serious tone, shocked to see him there after everything that's happened.

"For games. I believe he won't play the next two games, but it doesn't take away his rights of still practicing for his house team." Andrew Larson explained beside me.

"How fair." Adelaide said in sarcasm, "Do you think he'll play the end-of-the-season game before the holidays?"

"I can't be sure. It'll be mad though! But we have to see if Slytherins win Ravenclaw next Tuesday before Friday's game." Andrew said.

"Ah! I love end-of-the-season games! The parties, the tension, the celebrations, and then going home. How exciting." Lenora squealed to herself.

I was looking forward to it. Only the part when I could go home. I hadn't seen my grandma in a while. I did plan to see her this weekend, but I would prefer to see her more in the holidays.

I tried my best not to focus on him during the practice game. It was difficult though, and I couldn't help it. If I'd known he'd be around, I would've told Garreth to meet up after the practice.

I hadn't interacted with Sebastian Sallow since the library last Tuesday. Not that I had any reason to speak to him anymore, but we did have a few classes together. Occasionally, there'll be awkward stares, but nothing intentional. I usually avoided glancing over since Isabel Prewett was very good at luring him.

"Oh, I cannot handle this bloody cold!" Adelaide said frustratedly, standing up from the stands, "I enjoy the practice, but I need somewhere warm."

"Perhaps," I could see Andrew Larson almost trip himself as he tried to aid her, "We could go somewhere warm?" He told her.

"That'll be nice—"

"I'll join you all! I'm freezing!" Lenora cut in.

I held my laugh, not wanting to say anything about Lenora invading them in the worst way possible, and sat there on my own, continuously watching the game.

"Y/n, are you staying? You'll freeze—"

"Of course, she is. The game is nearly finished anyway." Adelaide teased, "Have fun."

The last few minutes of the practice felt like an eternity. Sometimes, I wanted to just stand up and leave back to the warmth of the castle, but I didn't want to feel bad. I've already stayed here enough time, there would be no point in leaving.

I watched the team players begin to lower their brooms onto the snowy ground, their feet kicking as their sweaty bodies shook off the heavy practice.

My school shoes clicked over the wooden stands, slowly making my way down from them and approaching the end, watching the players separate from the distance.

I watched the huddle of players begin to separate. Some men stayed mid-field stripping off their first layers from the sweat while the females preferred the warm changing rooms under the stands.

I bit the inside of my cheeks as I stood awkwardly at the end of the stands, watching Isabel Prewett on the opposite side of the field, giggling in a corner and just knowing they were talking. They made it obvious, it was sickening.

"Y/l/ln!"

I froze for a second. I was expecting Garreth Weasley to speak to me at least after the practice, but I hadn't been aware he'd do a random call-out in front of the remaining players afar.

I cleared my throat, thinking positively and knowing that in the far opposite of the field, Isabel's theory of jumping over her past lover would be gone. He called me first, but it was scary to imagine her reaction.

I kept my gloves together, walking down the stands and feeling my feet under the gaming grass; Garreth followed along until we met in a middle point.

"You came!" Garreth let out, looking down at me.

He looked roughed up. The freckled face was mixed with sweat and dirt; his hairs were all over the place and I tried to not stare for too long.

"I did. You did invite me." I almost laughed at the reminder.

Garreth kept his wide smile, stripping off the first layer of his winter quidditch uniform mid-talk.

"I didn't think you would. With all this cold."

I laughed again, "Care to remind you, I did play Quidditch last year too, Garreth."

"Ah, right," Garreth closed one eye and pointed at me, "How could I forget?"

I nodded awkwardly.

"Listen," Garreth said in between taking off his red gloves, "I have to go rinse off in the commons, but it'll be nice if you can join me at The Great Hall after?" He offered.

Garreth began to lead me under the stands, along with the other players and I followed, not thinking much about it. Everyone was allowed.

"Uh," As we walked, I could feel the warmth of the corridor under the stands, "Great Hall?" I questioned a stupid thing.

The stench of sweat and tiredness surrounded me as I walked between the few Gryffindors and Slytherins that still stood around. I did feel their view of me though.

"Yeah, The Great Hall! You know since they always serve hot chocolate past 8. It'll be nice." He elbowed.

I huffed, "Right..."

"So 8?" Garreth smiled at me.

I blinked, taking a breath and finally giving him a smile, "8 sounds great, Weasley."

Garreth smiled. "Perf—"

"Get it, Weasley!" Eric Northcott, a Gryffindor player whistled out from the distance as they walked away.

A few Slytherins joined along, beginning to bother us from afar.

"That special magic juice is not going to help you win that game, Weaslebee!"

I gulped, feeling intimidated by the call-outs, and cleared my throat, "Nice."

"I apologize about that. Ignore them." Garreth chuckled.

"It's fine...uh, I suppose I'll see you later." I told him, feeling my hands tingle as I waited for Garreth to answer.

Garreth ran his fingers through his curly hair and nodded, "I'll see you tonight, Y/n."

I watched as Garreth left me alone, walking back toward the opposite side of the changing room. He strolled along with a few of his house members and I stayed behind, arms crossed as I noticed people were leaving by now.

How stupid of me to think he'll walk me back to the castle. How stupid of me to think he'll drag me under these stands to pull a move. How stupid to think he'll kiss me in front of everyone like he did in the Hospital Wing.

I set my arms together, crossing them over my winter robe as I began to walk away from the chaos and strolled around the corridors of the under-stands. I wanted to find the farthest exit to the castle to avoid slipping out of the cold again.

I was eventually alone, my mind filled with thoughts about the day. My head finally comprehended that Garreth Weasley and I were becoming something — at the worst times.

I walked quietly, hearing my school shoes click on the wooden floor as I drew closer to the last outdoor exit of the corridor. I could already feel the cold winter wind hitting afar.

Within the departure, I heard a distant shuffling from another nearby closed space. It was faint, but I heard it well, making my curiosity rise and turn to my left.

The thing about walking under the stands was that there were so many wood panels, so they would block the view from certain distances. This scene was a perfect example.

I only saw the upper body of Sebastian Sallow. He was changing slowly, taking his time as he slid up the last layer of the quidditch shirt and threw it aside, taking a seat on the bench.

His tanned bare back peeked in between the wooden sticks of the stands. I couldn't see it fully, but I caught a breath when I took a moment to notice a difference in his body that wasn't there before.

Faint scars tattooed over the layer of his back muscles. The scars were a light white color, but still noticeable. They were partially running down like lighting marks, but could've passed like tan lines -- they seemed like the result of some kind of injury, or torture.

I wanted to keep observing, but I hated how Sebastian had this sense from afar. Although I was yards away, he could take notice of his surroundings better. He took notice of me.

Fifth Year

My spoon circled around the hot chocolate below me on that Hufflepuff table. I could feel my eyes closing, but I wanted to finish the last study before OWLs took place.

"There's no way you're drinking hot chocolate in Spring."

My body jumped and I came back to waking up as Sebastian Sallow slid across the table from me. His brown hair was a mess and he wore a tight black sleeve.

"S-Sebastian? Where have you been?" I tried not to stutter and not get distracted by his looks. He seemed tired, so I didn't know why I felt something over that.

"Busy." Sebastian breathed.

I nodded, "Well, I like hot chocolate any season...and...I hope you have been busy studying too."

Sebastian smirked, and shaking his head, "I'll never be as intelligent as you, but I need you to close that book."

"What?" I said in confusion, "W-Why?"

"We have to go." Sebastian whispered, "Like now."

"Now?" I raised my brow, looking around and leaning near him to whisper better, "I told you I don't have more time for missions, Sebastian. OWLs are next week and Ranrok Loyalists are tracking me."

"I know, I know, but I have a plan. I just need to get that...." Sebastian leaned much closer, our lips nearly touching, "I might've  found a way to function the Relic, but it has to be now."

I didn't want to stare over his lips, but it was so difficult now. The friendship between us was closing in the most horrible way and I didn't know how long it was going to last this way. It now felt like torture.

"Sebastian,"

"Please?"

I sighed knowing I had plans of going to drink tea with Poppy Sweeting at Steepley and Sons after this. I knew she'd understand, but I was dressed up and prepared.

"Do you have a date?" Sebastian questioned out of the blue, beginning to notice my attire and half-up-do.

Sebastian was frowning now. I didn't want to admit he was jealous, but those puppy eyes shifted into questionable ones and I shrugged.

"I was going somewhere with Poppy after this. Somewhere calm." I reminded, "You know since I'm stressing with OWLs and quests."

Sebastian looked over the material of my dress and licked his lips, "You looked...nice, and I promise you could come back to Poppy. It'll be fast."

I could've said no, but if there was any excuse to complete another quest with Sebastian Sallow, I didn't want to say no.

"Y/n, please," Sebastian begged, "If not for me...then, then for Anne. Just please—"

"Sebastian—"

"I'll buy you as much of hot chocolates as you want later on. I'll make it up, I just need you tonight." Sebastian whispered.

If only he knew I wasn't just doing it for Anne Sallow. I was doing it for him. It sounded selfish, but I wouldn't have dragged nor taken the risk to help if it was someone else. I would've flipped everything to help Sebastian Sallow.

I gulped, looking down at my hot chocolate, "You'll be bankrupt with my hot chocolates."

Sebastian sighed, "As long as you're happy and join me."

I licked my lips and closed my eyes, finally shutting my book, "If I fail these exams it's your fault."

Sebastian let out a sigh of relief and finally let out a tired smile, "Merlin, you won't. Come on." He dragged me.

___

I caught my breath again at the random memory and finally caught on to the pattern that was beginning to happen between us. Between the coincidences.

When I stared back up, Sebastian had slid on a white long-sleeve shirt, almost wanting to hide the scars quickly before I took notice, but I shook my head.

"Stop doing that." I let out.

Sebastian acted oblivious, adjusting his new set of clothes, and stared over at me with a serious, yet confused expression.

"I did nothing." He said.

I was breathing heavily, "Stop getting in my head."

Sebastian threw his dirty quidditch uniform over his shoulder and shrugged, "Head? I did nothing."

I didn't know if I wanted to be angry, annoyed, or just simply walk away.

"The memories of fifth year." I could feel my chest rising at each breath now, feeling nervous, but confrontational.

Sebastian stood in place, the wooden panels still blocking half of our views. It was like they were there for a reason.

"I hold no memories," Sebastian said bluntly, his eyes lowering more.

"That's impossible." I denied.

Sebastian stood quiet, and I could see his fingers grip the frame of the wood tightly as he struggled to say something.

"Memory means going back to my past. My past is full of darkness and torture. Why would I do that?" Sebastian argued.

I swallowed, feeling the saliva in my throat pass by harshly as I noticed he was correct, but also didn't want to take notice of it.

Maybe, Sebastian Sallow was right. Maybe, I let the memories between us hold tighter than usual in my subconscious that when I saw him, they would try to think of the positive. The positive aspect between us.

"So, you just forgot everything?" I looked down, parting my lips, "All fifth year."

Sebastian didn't answer. I was glad my view was down because I didn't want to see his expressions; his cold and dark expressions as I asked that.

"You should go." Was all Sebastian could project between the silence.

I scoffed. That's all I could let out, a scoff. And it was loud in that empty corridor.

I raised my head up again, glancing at the tall brunette. His dirty hairs hanging over him as he gave a stern look and waited for me to leave.

My eyes observed over the white long sleeve. Is this why he always wore long shirts? To hide the scars? He was good at hiding whatever it was.

"Where did you get them?" I asked straightforwardly, no longer holding back.

It surprised me to know that Sebastian knew exactly what I was referring to because he stood quiet, but then I saw his jaw clench a little at my words.

"I was a prisoner for a year. With dementor torture." Sebastian said lowly.

"Dementors only torture mentally. Feed off your emotions and soul, but don't—"

"You should go." Sebastian cut in, raising his voice again and waiting for me to leave.

I wanted to help him. I wanted to heal him. Heal all the parts of him that were broken. All the permanent scars. All the torture. All the sadness. I wanted to heal him, but I couldn't. Not if he didn't want to.

"LEAVE!" Sebastian shouted at me, his voice echoing through the corridor; his tone filled with a strange mixture of fear and panic.

I flinched, taking a sharp breath and backing away from the unprovoked outburst.

I did leave, not for the sake of him, but for myself.

Sebastian Sallow was torturing himself now and he knew that. I didn't know him anymore, but I once knew him in the past and that was enough.

________

Ouch. I know there are many theories, but let's not forget we still have Sebastian's POV soon

&...............smut. I know you all want it LOL.

Thanks for your patience.

Lokiniall

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.4K 29 25
Hogwarts Legacy fanfic. 18+ Sebastian Sallow X MC. Aged up characters. Story takes place during their 7th year at Hogwarts. Trigger warnings: Self ha...
6.6K 137 43
You enter Hogwarts as the new enigma. No one has ever heard of someone starting Hogwarts as a fifth year. After being sorted into Slytherin, you meet...
1.2K 124 23
Sixth Year, the year of renewal and hope and love. Ever since the new muggle student joined Hogwarts, Y/N's life had taken a turn. Everyone she'd eve...
55 4 16
It all started with a potion... Sebastian's feelings become more clear over time after a faithfull day in class in 6th year. But how will others reac...