THERE'S NO WAY β₯ JACKSON AVERY

By -despressos

"There's no way that it's not going there." Whose to say moving across the country for a job and a best frien... More

PROLOGUE
SOUNDTRACK
SEASON 6
➳ S6 CAST
➳ S6 PLAYLISTS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
SEASON 7
➳ S7 CAST
➳ S7 PLAYLIST
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
WONDERLAND

EIGHTEEN

2.3K 111 17
By -despressos

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"Uh uh," Blair objected, shaking her head rapidly.

Cristina had told Callie to sit down so she could give her a haircut.

"Gimme," Blair looked at Cristina with a deadpan, holding her hand out for the scissors.

Cristina rolled her eyes but coughed them up anyways. With a gown thrown over Callie, Blair went to stand behind her.

"What style we thinking, Callie?" Blair asked, taking the comb Cristina had brought out to comb through Callie's really pretty, but also pretty think, long hair.

"Oh, so Walking Talking Library is a hairdresser now?" Cristina asked, watching with her arms crossed.

"Better one than you," Blair shrugged. "Go unpack your boxes, Boozy."

"Hey, you know what you need, to, uh, get this place done?" Callie said to Cristina. "You need to throw a housewarming party."

The snipping noises ceased as Blair looked up from Callie's hair because she wanted to see Cristina's reaction. She had trouble reading her, so she wasn't sure if she would like the idea of a party or if she would despise it.

Cristina pursed her lips, her eyes squinting in mild confusion as she stopped cutting open a box.

"Put a little pressure on yourself—" Callie was going to try and explain her reasoning, but Cristina immediately agreed.

"Oh, my god, we should totally throw a housewarming party."

The other two girls laughed at her enthusiasm, and Cristina ran from the box towards something Blair was unsure of, and she went back to fixing Callie's hair.

"Can I see?" Callie asked, and Blair handed her a mirror.

Callie held the mirror up, looking at the job Blair had done, her lips forming a surprised "o" shape before smiling. She looked at Blair over her shoulder. "Oh, my god," she gasped. "You should quit teaching and do this full time."

"Shut up," Blair replied, shaking her head and putting the scissors down onto one of the boxes. She walked towards Cristina, her hands on her hips while Callie gathered her cut hair into the gown they had put her into to make sure it didn't escape onto the floor—though she did have quite a good amount of hair scattered already.

"Tonight," Cristina said, piking up her phone, which was evident to Blair now that it was what she was fishing for in her disorganized piles. "I'll text everyone. I have several credit cards and nothing to do. We are going shopping." She pointed at Blair, "You. You just look like you're good at throwing decorated parties."

"Um... thank you?" Blair looked at her, unsure if that was a complement or not.

"I need furniture," Cristina realized, looking at all the boxes of stuff she had, but no real furniture. "We're going to the mall."

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"We are awesome," Cristina said, sitting on the couch with a glass of wine. "I can't believe we did all this."

Blair chuckled from her spot next to her, glancing over at Callie who was finishing setting up the table. Callie and her shared a look.

"You mean you can't believe Blair did all of this while I helped her, and you opened a bottle of wine?" Callie asked her.

"Hey," Cristina scolded, turning around. "My credit card made all of her ideas come to life, so we did it."

Footsteps up the staircase could be heard, all eyes looking as a "Hello," and a Derek Shepherd came up them.

"Damn it," Callie cursed, rushing to finish her presentation of the table. "Uh... not ready! Cristina, where are your napkins?"

"Hi," Derek said, coming in anyways.

"Hey, if you're here for the party, you're like, way too early," Cristina told him.

"I'm not here for the party," he said, and Blair got up from her spot to help Callie, going to look for wherever the hell Cristina kept her napkins.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

When Blair came back from Cristina's kitchen, where she found the napkins up a shelf in the pantry, it was just her and Callie in the fire house.

"Where did they go?" she asked.

"Bailing," Callie shrugged, taking the napkins from her. "I called Mark to come help us until Owen gets back."

"W-what do you mean bailing, this is her party what the hell?" Blair asked, popping a chip into her mouth, but Callie just shrugged.

"Well, okay then."

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"Welcome, wine's on the table, beer's in the fridge."

Mark was doing a wonderful job being the host while Cristina was gone, welcoming people into the fire house with his enthusiastic and booming voice. It was even funnier for Blair to watch from the entry way when he was doing it to Owen.

"We have a fridge?" Owen asked, pausing as he came inside with Teddy and Meredith.

"And since you actually live here, I'll have over the hosting duties to you," Mark told Owen.

"Where's Cristina?" Meredith.

"Haven't seen her, which is sort of rude. Avery's chick or Torres might know, hang on," he said, turning around to see Blair was standing there behind him. She shot him a raised eyebrow at the usage of Avery's chick, and he looked like a deer in headlights. Sighing at himself, he tried to zoom right past it and asked, "Did Yang say where she was—"

"No clue," Blair shrugged, pushing off of the entry way when she saw Jackson walking up, "Try Callie."

She went over to Jackson, who looked surprised when he saw her there. His eyes lit up, though, a small smile flashing across his face as he turned his neck downwards to look at her. After the day he had, losing a patient due to a damn fistula and all, and then having to open her up on his own without Bailey? Yeah, he needed to see Blair.

"Hey, you," he said, feeling as if his entire body was finally able to relax once he was able to wrap his arms around her. He pulled away slightly, still holding onto her, just looking down at her now. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"Be here?" she questioned with her sassy tone, one he noted he hadn't heard in a while. "Please, I made this thing."

She pulled out of his embrace, walking in front of him into the living room dining room area.

As they ventured further into the fire house, he starting chuckling at the decorations. There was a backdrop with balloons around it, so not Yang, but oh so very Blair Macaspac, there was Filipino food on the table, and definitely a theme of green going on.

"Oh, you really meant it," he said, taking it all in. He swung his hands back in front in front of him, clapping a fist into his palm a few times. "So, you were hanging out with Yang today?"

He tried not to seem like he was jealous by that in any way. It wasn't like it had been several days since they had seen each other or even talked, considering he didn't even know she was with Cristina in the first place.

"Yeah," she said, going to the table and grabbing a plate and handing it to him. "I also cut Torres' hair."

She pointed over at Callie, who was sitting on the bed with Mark, a bit wine drunk already. Her hair was short now with side bangs swooped to the side. The way her hair waved made the style look just so darn cute on her, Blair felt like she had outdone herself.

"Ahhh," he nodded, looking over her head and at Callie before turning his attention on her again. "You were with them a while, huh?"

"Mer called," she shrugged. "Said something's up with Boozy, so... here I am." Then, she looked around, only upturning the left side of her mouth into a half smile that felt more like she was just swishing her lips to the side to show her confusion. "And yet, Boozy herself isn't here."

Jackson smiled at the fact that Blair had a nickname for Cristina. It was cute.

"You're cute."

"Pardon?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Shit.

"Nothing," he denied with wide eyes, internally kicking himself for that.

She gave him a humored look. "Nothing my ass." She snickered, shaking her head, trying to act so cool as if she wasn't internally screaming herself.

The two of them left the table and went to find another area in the fire house to stand in, which ended up being the kitchen.

The place was really filling up, full of people Blair didn't even know. Not that she really knew anyone outside of the people who hung out at Meredith's house anyways.

"Wait," Jackson's face contorted with concern, and he handed his plate over to Blair. She followed his eyes. "Is April crying?"

Worriedly, he walked over to where their friend was standing, obviously crying, while Owen looked at her with worry and a tinge of fear in his eyes.

"What happened? April?" Jackson reached around Hunt, going to grab April's hand wrist and pull her into him as he lead her to where Blair was waiting for them.

"Oh, my April," Blair said as they got to her in the kitchen.

She put Jackson's plate onto the counter and opened her arms for her.

"What happened?" the worry was laced in Jackson's voice, in the way he leaned down to try to be her height so she could talk softly if she wanted to. As April leaned into Blair, he rubbed her shoulder.

She explained what had happened in the on-call room, how Alex had gotten mad, how he told her he wouldn't hold her little virgin hand. Blair hadn't even realized April was crushing on Alex until that very moment, thinking of all of her interactions with him or the two of them. From the time she spent at the house, she found it hard to believe April could even stand Alex.

Sure, he was a bit rough on the edges, but he was a good guy, sometimes. To Blair, April wasn't someone she thought would like guys who were rough around the edges. He was a big old softy with a mean exterior, with a personality almost similar to Charlie's if Charlie had been less himbo and more angry and angsty all the time.

April looked past Jackson through the entry way to the kitchen before turning her head down immediately. Her reaction caused Jackson and Blair to both follow, seeing Alex standing near the staircase to the fire house, looking at them with half guilt and half surprise.

Blair immediately looked at Jackson, seeing the way his jaw clenched and he balled his hands into fists as he stalked over towards him.

"Oh, listen, let me talk to her—"

Jackson didn't even say a word before his fist, his dominant one at that, collided with Alex's face, the other surgeon stumbling back.

The guests around starting murmuring as April and Blair ran out of the kitchen and into the living room. Alex grabbed his lip where Jackson had hit him.

"All right," he said, and Jackson hit him again before pushing him over, going down wiith him onto the coffee table Blair spent way too long trying to assemble, breaking it in a manner of seconds.

"Well," Blair sighed, scratching her head at the sight of the two tumbling around on top of the pieces of wood. When Jackson just kept hitting, Blair inched forward, but Owen and Mark pulled him off before she could even try to intervene.

Solely because he made April cry, part of her thought Alex had it coming. Another part of her felt bad since they were, at the very minimum, somewhat friends, but it was a very small part of her that felt bad.

Plus, she thought Jackson looked kinda hot.

Starring at him, his clenched jaw, the way his nose flared a bit. Yeah, no, he definitely looked hot.

She was so going to hell for thinking that in a moment like this.

While Jackson was pulled way, Alex got up and lunged forward, but Meredith and Callie went to restrain him. Blair wrapped an arm around April.

"Okay, okay, let's go, outside," Meredith said as she and Callie pulled Alex towards the staircase.

As Jackson went back to the kitchen to take care of his hand, Blair went into clean up mode with the broken coffee table. She managed to grab the broom and the dustpan, which was not going to even hold any of the broken pieces, before Owen came to take it from her and tell her he could handle it.

"Thank you," Owen told her, and she just nodded. "No, I mean for helping Cristina today. Torres told me most of this was you."

"And your wife's credit card," she shrugged, giving him a sad smile before going to the kitchen to check on Jackson.

He was sitting on the counter with Lexie in front of him, holding an ice pack to his hand. She wasn't too sure why that made her feel some kind of way, it was such an innocent thing. If it had been April, she was sure she wouldn't even feel a thing. Considering he fought Alex for April, she was surprised Lexie was the one in there in the first place.

Seeing Lexie there taking care of him made her feel like her heart was in her ass.

"April's the only friend I have left here, so..." she heard Jackson tell Lexie as she walked in.

She paused dead in her tracks, knowing that if either of them turned around, they'd see offense written on her face. With the way that made her chest hurt, maybe her heart was no longer in her ass. April was his only friend, huh?

"Don't be stupid," Lexie replied, shaking her head.

"Yeah, Jackson," Blair breathed out, the two turning to look at her and the hurt on her face that she was honestly too tired at that point to conceal. "Don't be stupid."

Wordlessly, she walked over to them. Lexie didn't need to be told to hand the ice pack over, just giving it to her and looking awkwardly between the two best friends as she stepped out of the kitchen, leaving them alone together.

Jackson leaned his head closer to hers, tilting it to the side as he looked at the straight face she put on as she held his hand and dabbed the ice pack on it. She lifted it for a second to just examine his cuts.

"You know I wasn't including you when I said that," he said, speaking so softly that his voice was also raspy.

"Yeah, very clear I was not included in the friends you have left here, Jackson," she said under her breathe back, but he heard every word.

Jackson, huh? he thought. She rarely said his first name like that, it was normally Avery or Jacks. The way she said it felt almost like an punch.

"Blair," he said, but for him, it was as if just saying her name said everything else he wanted to say. He scrunched up his nose as he looked at her, hoping she would say anything back.

She knew what he was trying to say just by saying her name. It was his way of begging her to not be like that. She just let out a loud exhale, before looking up at him without turning her head.

"Blair," he said softer this time, his eyes searching hers. He watched them tear up, his green pouring into her brown. When he realized she was actually crying over what he said to Lexie, his face fell. A little louder this time, he said, "Blair?"

"You're my only friend left," she said softly, looking back down again. He saw her bite her lip, the way it was trembling. "Here and there."

He realized she wasn't crying over what he had just said to Lexie. No, hearing him say that was just the trigger for what she had already been holding in all these months.

"That's not true," he shook his head, seeing as her tears fell straight off her face since her head was angled down.

Her shoulders shook a bit as she tried to restrain herself from crying, and with his good hand, he placed his palm against the small of her back, pulling her into the space between his legs and her head into his chest. His left cheek rested against the top of her head, and he moved his arm to around her shoulders to keep her in place.

"That's just not true," he repeated, rubbing her back as she shook softly.

They stayed there for a little while, in the silence. Blair hated crying to him about this because she knew in her heart she couldn't even explain it him what happened. How could she tell him that her and Hannah hadn't talked in almost a year because she had feelings for him? That she hadn't talked to Ryder or her godchildren because Hannah thinks it's stupid that she left her hometown behind for the same man who left her there in the first place? That she also hadn't talked to her parents, not fully or properly, because they also thought this was all a mistake?

"I love you," Jackson eventually whispered to her, for he had no clue what else could be said in that moment but the undeniable truth.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

a/n: don't forget to comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818K 27.5K 37
- π’π‹πŽπ– 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 - ❝ can you stop with the compliments? ❞ ❝ never. ❞ ❝ maybe dreams are meant to just stay as that, dreams. ❞ ❝ n...
83K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
460K 12.5K 47
౨ৎ in which aliya levine begins her third year of surgical residency with overbearing parents, an ex who left her heartbroken, a green eyed rich boy...
77.7K 3.7K 56
Nothing good comes without a cost. I spent all my life fighting against what my family expected me to be until I proved them wrong. I fought to hold...