dandelions | jungwon

By fluveriiez

โŒ— yang jungwon wherein they grew up together with her thinking that they could never be together, as it was... More

๐——๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€
๐—ฆ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ
๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฑ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฒ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿด
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿต
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ
๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ
disclaimer

๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ

331 21 37
By fluveriiez

The golden rays of the peaking sun sneakily made their ways through the blinds as they shone through the curtains. Bathing the two sleepless teenagers, it glistened over them as a reminder a new day had dawned and was awaiting them.

Feeling a warm sensation tingling over her, Han Iseul allowed her eyes to flutter open as she stretched out her arms before reaching over to her phone and checking the time. 12:37pm. It was almost afternoon.

"Jungwon," She moved over tapping his shoulder as an attempt to wake him up, "Yang Jungwon, wake up."

Stirring a bit, Jungwon let out a tired groan as he brought his hands up to rub his eyes before opening one of them to take a look at Iseul who had already sat up.

"...Five more minutes." He slurred as while slumping back down and pulling of the blankets.

"No." She disagreed with a stern shake of her head. "Let's go out and do something, it's a beautiful day and the weather is nice "

And before Jungwon had the chance to do anything else, Iseul had already crawled out of the fort which lead him into reluctantly following up while muttering a string of tired complaints under his breath

"Here are your orders." The waiter kindly smiled at the two as he placed their drinks down on the table for them.

They returned the gesture while lightly bowing their heads in respect. Saying their thanks and accepted their cups with a few sips, immediately savouring the warm beverages that they chose.

After waking up and getting ready for the day, Jungwon and Iseul decided to take a walk around town. Doing some shopping they had fun, alongside running some errands for Jungwon's busy mom.

Now, they had found themselves seated inside a nearby cafe, refreshing themselves with some hot chocolate before they had to head home while the sun slowly set.

"Today was fun." Jungwon commented as he blew on his cup before taking another sip.

"Yeah," Iseul nodded, "It was memorable." She let her thoughts take her back to the moments they spent together - just the two of them. Her cheeks warmed up to jokes and compliments they had shared and she let out a content sigh.

A comfortable silence followed them as they immersed in their own thoughts. The hot chocolate brought them peace as they sipped the marshmallow tainted beverage.

Looking around, Iseul's eyes led her to an elderly couple sitting a few seats away. Her vision lingered over the sight as she watched them in awe. They sat together eating cheesecake and drinking tea, a light conversation comforting them.

Maybe they had been highschool sweethearts? Or they met again during college after years of bickering and arguing to cover their true feelings. What if they had met here, at this cafe?

But unfortunately, as soon as these silly thoughts entered her head, they were quicker to leave. Iseul slowly shook her head, dismissing the earlier assumptions. Talk about being a hopeless romantic.

After a few minutes, Jungwon and Iseul had both finished their hot chocolates, contentment surging its way throughout their veins as they stood up to leave. Bowing at a few customers and staff, Jungwon held open the door as they exited.

"Do you need anything else?" Jungwon wrapped his arm around her shoulder while noticing she had shivered lightly as a breeze passed. "We can get it on our way home."

Subtly patting her crimson cheeks she uttered out her answer, "It's fine... I've got everything I need."

They continued on their way home, starting up some simple conversations as they crossed the street together. While turning, they noticed two people surrounded by a crowd of bystanders. Letting their curiosity steal their attention, they found themselves to be apart of the crowd.

"I wonder what it could be." Iseul thought out loud.

Nearing the area, a young man caught her attention. He looked to be in his twenties or so. After making out some words she couldn't catch onto, he suddenly kneeled down while pulling out a small box.

Infront of him was a beautiful lady. From her observation, she was probably the same age as the man. Iseul watched how her eyes lit up in surprise and excitement as the man opened the box to reveal a devine diamond wring while announcing some familiar words,

"Marry me."

Tears formed their way through the womens eyes and all she could do was nod. Being caught up in the moment, Iseul clapped and cheered along with the crowd, whistling and triumphs of joy magically weaved their ways through the crowd and filled their ears.

In the midst of laughing and smiling along, she caught the roaming eyes of Yang Jungwon. He noticed how happy and proud she was of the newly engaged couple, despite not knowing who they were.

That was one of the many things he loved about the girl. She was soft hearted and humble. Never one to dispute and negative or tacky emotions. A fond smile coated his attractive features as he silently admired the beauty.

Feeling the gaze of someone washing over her, Iseul faced the source while her breath hitched at their unknown proximity - closer than they should be, as best friends.

As if time had stopped, their sincere gazes surgicaly locked as to capture them in a haze of rushed excitement. The setting light of the moon traced their features as they lost themselves in the contact. Falling deeper and deeper into the allurement of a once simple stare.

Iseul felt her heartbeat accelerate immediately, cursing herself for feeling this way about her best friend. Her body weakend as he held her gaze firmly, not once blinking or shying away.

So then she decided to cut the ties instead and break off. Quick to pull herself away, she stumbled back before stabilizing herself and reaching up to cup her face in her palms. Steadying her ragged breath, she patted down her chest as an attempt to calm down the rapid beating of her heart.

Noticing her unexpected reaction, Jungwon brushed off the unfamiliar emotions that had swirled inside of him. This was normal for best friends... right? Gulping nervously he rushed up to Iseul, grabbing ahold of her wrists as he tried to meet her pupils again.

"Iseul...? Are you okay?" He questioned in a concerned tone. His eyebrows knitted downwards as he watched her actions. "Did I do something?"

"No!" She was quick deny. "You didn't do anything, I promise." She shot him a small smile as an assurance.

He nodded his head, letting his grasp on her wrists loosen as he folded his hands into his pockets. "...We should probably head home." He suggested after noticing the crowd was slowly dismissing.

"Yeah...we should."

Walking home side by side, they decided it was best to keep silent this time. The airy tension was too thick to cut through, leaving them to lock up every word inside.

As the neared Iseul's house, Jungwon walked her up to the porch and made sure to bid her a good evening before he could take his leave.

"Have a nice night Iseul." He grinned while patting her hair, slightly ruffling it.

Cheekily smiling at his antic, she returned her own kind words. "You too Jungwon... sleep well."

He watched her unlock the wooden door before stepping inside, waving one last at him before she shut it. Assured that she was safe inside, he headed along to his own house.

But once Iseul had shut the door, she leaned her back against the platform and slowly slid down. One hand on her chest, she patted the area where her heart was located. Where it was hurting.

She didn't know why or how it happened. Just a few seconds of eye contact and she was already screwed. He was her best friend, why did she have to feel like this?

"Love hurts." She mumbled to herself as she hit down her chest to soothe her aching heart. "Especially when you hope so much for it."

There was no on else to blame though. Maybe if she had just blocked the feelings out when she was still new to them. Maybe is she wasn't such a hopeless romantic. Maybe if she wasn't always so optimistic of things and quite her sugarcoating she wouldn't have to carry out a heavy heart.

But she was Han Iseul. If there was one she was gonna do, it would be to look on the bright side. Always.

author's corner ୨୧
literally so random but i wrote this whole chapter while listening to greedy by tate mcrae 😝 such a banger fr she understood the assignment

but umm.. cough cough.. eye contact huh 👀

also, kinda shorter than usual and not really one of my faves but uhh.. yeah

another announcement, thank you so much for 2K reads !! seeing this book grow so quickly makes me ugly cry and i'm glad there are people who enjoy !! i love you guys mwuah <33

i get motivated by seeing my other friends on this app write lol, their motivation literally boosts mine up too and i'm so grateful for them because if not this would've probably finished next week 😭

but that's all ig, stay safe and healthy !! make sure to vote and comment, bye !!

- caitlynn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5K 22
-แดแด€า“ษชแด€ แด€แดœ "๐ˆ ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ. ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
36.5K 1.8K 46
"You know our love would be tragic." Enhypen's Jungwon Fanfic ^-^ ----------------------------------------- Feel free to give me Feedback after you'v...
417K 14.3K 94
โฅ๏ธŽenhypen au โ€žGood luck with living with them." 'how did my cooking videos bring me to my favorite boyband?' It was a miracle. Y/n met people she tho...
637K 33.6K 30
wherein jia helps her crush and best friend get together not knowing fate had many things in plan for her. ยฉ FLAUVIER 2020 ...