Broken Barrier (Eyeless Jack...

By MiseryChain

WARNING - this book contains × blood and gore × swearing Y/N L/N is a senior in high school and dur... More

Chapter 2 - Nicknames
Chapter 3 - No Name
Chapter 4 - Sandwiched
Chapter 5 - Stalkers x2
Chapter 6 - Marly?
Chapter 7 - Sketchbook
A/N
Chapter 8 - More Then Friends

Chapter 1 - The Duo

6 0 0
By MiseryChain

3rd P.O.V.
A S/C H/L H/C was curled up in a ball underneath her blankets, hugging her knees wishing she could fall back to sleep and was about till her alarm went off signaling her to wake up for the school day. She uncoiled herself from her warmth and stuck her head out of the blankets to see the screen of her phone lighting up her pitch black room. She hit the snooze button, resulting the lock screen to appear with the time and date: Monday, March 7, 20XX, 5:46 A.M. 'Too early...' She thought as she hid back under the covers. Her alarm went off two more times before she got up to get ready. She moved her hand around the table trying to find her glasses before putting them on. She went downstairs jumping in the shower for 10 minutes. Then walked back up to her room and got dressed for the day. She put on black bra and matching underwear, socks, a pair of black jeans, and a random t-shirt, which had a picture of Ghostface on it.

Y/N grabbed some makeup and threw some on. The main thing she tended to do was place eyeshadow all around her eye to make her face look kinda like a skull, but mainly to look undead. Of course this is one of the reasons not many people really like her. Everyone at Elverment High School was either popular or just annoying to say the least, but there was a few people whom she liked to hang out with.

When her alarm went off signaling it was 7 A.M. she grabbed her F/C bag and a black hoodie and black sneakers, double checking she had everything. She shut the door behind her and walked through the hallway passing a spare bedroom, what used to be Prius's old room and her Lincoln's bedroom and headed downstairs. She snuck past her parents room as to not wake them, into the living/kitchen area, and out the front door. She lived some miles away from the school and it took only 30 minutes really to walk there.

As Y/N had arived at the school she was early since it was 7:34 A.M. and school didn't open it's door until 7:45 A.M. so she sat on the ground near the area and got out her sketchbook and started drawing some random things.

Y/N P.O.V.
I stood up and threw my bag over my shoulder then walked to my first period, Forensics, and sat in the middle. The period had started after a while. The teacher, Mr. Lenct had handed out a worksheet and I was halfway threw when a student from some grade came in through the door. I had glanced up to see it was a guy with pale skin, short light brown hair, brown eyes, a bit of a beard growing on his chin, a yellow hoodie, blue jeans and red sneakers. 'New student, I guess. Probably just another fake.'

I then felt one someone nudge my shoulder from my left so I turned my head to look at my friend. She had pale skin with long black hair that reached around her waist and brown eyes. The black haired girl was known as Salvia Kimmly otherwise known as the person whom I call Alice. She wore a blue t-shirt and blue jeans. "Hey Chez, do you know the answer for number 3?"

"Oh yeah, its the blood types." I showed her my paper for what I meant. Then got back to work only for the teacher to speak to the class, saying that this was a new student and to treat him nicely. The teacher then said for him to introduce himself.

The new guy then spoke by saying, "My name is Dane Lucas it's nice to meet you all." I could tell he had admirers already from the popular girls behind us. 'Why do they always do this...'

I heard Alice sigh before whispering, "I wish that Michael Myers would come and give them a good scare then maybe they would have some brains." I snickered in amusement at her comment.

I set my pencil down as I was done with the worksheet and stretched my arms back, while whispering, "In all honesty, I think it would be far more interesting if he killed them instead. Seeing as if he left alive they would just irritate us further."

She looked at me with a serious face as I held a smirk, "Are you serious?" My smirk had quickly dropped into a mirror image of her own.

"Deadly." We stared at each other for a few seconds before we both started laughing. Everyone looked at us in confusion, even the teacher, not to mention the new guy.

After we calmed down, Alice got back to work and I just stared at the ceiling. 'I wander how much time it will take for Dane Lucas til he starts hearing false rumors about me. That tends to happen as the popular girls especially don't like me, but all in all I find them repulsive. Oh not even five minutes in and Carly Sklortze is already trying to seduce him. Otherwise known as, the School's Slut.'

I saw Dane had tried to walk away only for her to keep pestering him. He had moved his eyes away from her for a mere second to catch my own and I instantly looked away since it would just get worse if he talked to me. "Sorry... Could you please get out of my face." Dane had said.

I had placed my head on the table and tried to prevent myself from laughing as Carly had just stood there with an open mouth while gawking at Dane. I couldn't take it anymore and had to place a hand over my mouth to prevent me from laughing too loud. 'I like this guy already.'

Then another guy came in, he had tan-ish skin, brown hair and sideburns, brown eyes, while he wore a red flannel, a tan leather jacket, blue jeans and some work boots. He looked like he was looking for someone and as soon as he spotted Dane he told the teacher and spoke, " My name is Rob Runnet." He said before sitting down right by Dane.

I then saw Carly walked back to her group and them start to talk probly about some gossip or some popular thing one if not all of them had. I didn't pay too much attention to them as they never really are interesting. I went back to staring at the ceiling in boredom well until I felt someone nudge my shoulder. I took out my earbud out of my ear cause I had the music blasted and faced her. "Rob and Dane were wandering if we could hang out sometime."

I nodded my head as we exchanged some phone numbers and social media. The bell had rung and it was time to go to the next class. I stood up and walked off to 2nd period.

After school I had checked my phone and saw that I was added to a group chat on Snapchat called 'OPEN IT'

9:16 A.M.

Alice
Hello?
Is anyone there?

9:23 A.M.

Rob
Yeah.

Dane
Yea.

Alice
Y/N, get on this chat.

11:19 P.M.

Alice

Ugh... It's useless. 😫

Rob
What is?

Alice
To get Y/N on here on time.

Rob
Well it's only been around an hour.

Alice
Well anyways, WHEN she answers she will see what this is and open it.
And boom we can all talk.
But anyways, Rob and Dane just meet me right by the library and I will get Chez.

Dane
Whose Chez?

Alice
That's my nickname for Y/N.
She should be the one to explain it as I don't wanna type it.

Dane
Ok.

Rob
Alright we'll meet you after school.

3:16 P.M.

Chez
Alright.

As the bell finally rung I slipped my phone in my back pocket and started walking towards the library. When I got there I saw Rob and Dane waiting. I leaned against a wall by the library doors. They looked at me and then it hit me Alice said she would bring me with her but she wasn't there. She was probly looking for me. I took my phone out and saw a new text in the chat titled, 'OPEN IT'.

3:17 P.M.

Alice
WHERE ARE YOU Y/N!

Chez
I am at the library waiting with Rob and Dane. Now get down here from wherever you are.

After a few seconds I heard running coming towards us. I placed my phone away and looked towards my friend running towards me before she slowed down. "You need...to look at...your phone more often, Chez." She said as she had been running around the school to find me.

"Says the one who didn't look at my message, Alice." I retorted. I looked to my left to see Rob and Dane waiting. Alice followed my vision getting the hint.

"I am sorry.. for making you guys wait." Alice said as she apologized.

Rob and Dane didn't look mad or irritated at all. "It's Fine, we know someone who is more irritable." Dane said as he scratched the back of his head with a soft smile on his face.

Rob had sighed as he didn't really want to bring him up. "Anyways..." he said rolling his brown eyes, "Where do you girls want to hang out?"

'Right that's why she made the group chat.' I had looked at Alice and she said, "Oh, yeah. I wanted to try out the new ice cream down at Cold Stone. And I had originally wanted to go with Chez but now that there is some people she can't say no or not today." I stared at her with a blank expression. 'Then, why am I here? You could've just gone with them. I could heve used this time to work on my art project. Just cause she's more social then I am and doesn't want me to be alone doesn't mean I want to come but it's better then going back home so I guess there's no harm in it.'

She started talking with Rob and Dane as we walked all the way down to Cold Stone in town. As the winter storm had passed just two weeks ago everything was starting to melt. 'The winter's here are just a pain in the ass, with all the snow. But it's been melting down so you can finally see the ground along with some grass peaking out here any there. The stupid ice though always makes things slippery so slipping will result with getting both slush and mud on yourself. Alice had already almost fell 5 times but Rob was there to help her keep her balanced. I, myself had almost slipped back there but had luckily balanced myself.'

Alice had been talking to Rob while walking beside him. I could see her glance back at me to see if I was still there and to Alice's relief I was. Dane had been walking behind Rob but next to me. I had placed my earbuds in a while back, when we had left the school. As per say normal, I had my music blasting and the current song was Kill My Memory by Citizen Soldier. While I was walking and I felt my foot slip. 'Shit.'

I had slipped on a ice patch and fell forwards resulting in a slight sting in my left knee. 'I just had to scrape it... Great.' I heard people stop walking and turn towards me. Alice was the first to speak, "Oh my god, are you okay?!"

Dane had stepped in the snow by me to help me up, "Thanks." I said to him as he steadied me, then let go. "Alice it's no big deal, just a patch of ice." 'And a hard one at that.' Looked down at the piece of ice to see it had cracked open from the harsh fall. The ice patch was at least 2 inches thick. 'Seven hells.' I had managed to hold myself up in time as to stop from further falling. I had mud all the way up my left leg and part of my right calf.

"Are you sure? It looks like you fell pretty hard-" 'I had said that I was fine and I ment it.'

"Yes Alice, it's just a little scrape. Let's just continue." I knew she was going to try and pester me about this later. She knew I was serious about it by how I said it and not to push it anymore. I had wiped the majority of the mud off when I wasn't on a slab of ice. I had felt some pair of eyes watching me from somewhere and it wasn't Dane's nor Alice or Rob. It was someone else. 'Great now someone saw me fall and is laughing about it. This is why I prefer to be alone but... It could be... No it can't... Stop thinking about them, they aren't real.'

As we continued Dane had stayed close to me in case I were to fall again and get more mud on my clothes. Though the mud didn't really bother me. We had finally made it to Cold Stone and made our orders and sat down once we all had them.

??? P.O.V.
I was looking at my beautiful work that lay on the carpet as I heard voices coming from the open window. I stood beside the wall and peeked through the open window on the second floor. And I saw 2 of the mansion's residents walking with two girls down the street. The one in front talking had long black hair with pale skin while the other one had H/L H/C hair with S/C. The H/C haired one had been looking around as she walked with a bored expression that lined her face.

While she was walking I saw her foot slip and she went down hard on the ice. She had of course tried to brace herself from falling further in which she successfully did. When she did get up with the help from one of the proxies I saw her look back at where she had landed and surefully enough she was looking at the ice.

'Holly crap hahaha she fell so hard she broke the fucking ice. Hahaha.' I couldn't help but snicker at her for her clumsiness.

I had some more time and the fact that the proxies were hanging out with some girls interested me, so I listened in. The black haired girl was the first to speak up, "Are you sure, it looks like you fell pretty hard-" Only for the H/C haired girl to get irritated.

The H/C haired girl had cut off the black haired girl with, "Yes Alice, it's just a little scrape. Let's just continue." The girl known as 'Alice' hadn't pushed the matter any more and they continued walking down the sidewalk. The H/C haired girl had wiped the mud off with her hand and continued following.

This definitely made me intrigued in this sinario, of the proxies walking around with 2 girls. "Let's see how far this will go, Masky and Hoodie." I whispered to myself while I noticed that my partner for this mission stood in the doorframe.

He looked at me with his mask before going to the opposite side of the window and looking out. His mask stared at the H/C haired girl. I looked to see that she was walking normally down the sidewalk with 'Alice' and the two proxies. She was turning her head as if she was trying to locate something she lost. 'Perhaps she has started to feel paranoid. Hahaha... This is going to be fun.' I thought with a smirk.

I looked towards my masked friend and saw that he had found the documents we had come for. He leaned away from the wall as I left the room. I could see him take one last glance at them before he followed down the stairs. 'He knows something but what is it?' He opened the folder to have one last glance and preceeded in closing it, but I swear I heard a muffled snicker.

"What's in the folder?" He only looked at me through his mask, before shaking his head left and right. He opened his satchel and placed the folder inside.

Y/N P.O.V.
Dane had suggested that we sit by the window and eveyone agreed. I sat in one of the chairs close by the window and worked on my concoction of ice cream. Dane had sat across from me with Alice to his right while Rob sat beside me. They started talking and I had one of my earbuds in while the other one out so I could tune in if I was spoken to.

"So Y/N what do you like to do for fun?" Rob had asked as he worked on his cheesecake ice cream.

"I like to draw, listen to music, read, and watch movies." I didn't think too much on any of the things I had listed. "How about you?"

"Well, I like to go for walks, workout, eat cheesecake, and hang out with Dane." Rob said.

"Ooo, I'll go next," said Alice cutting in, "I like to play volleyball, go shopping, watch movies, and go swimming and hang out with Chez. Your turn Dane."

"Well pretty much I like the same things Rob does. So yeah." Dane said after putting a spoonful of cheesecake ice cream in his mouth.

"Okay so can one of you explain the nickname sinario for us?" Rob said while looking between Alice and me.

Alice had jumped to speak before I could object. "Well, I told you over chat that Y/N should be the one to tell you." She had a innocent smile on her face. 'You could seriously have explained it to them and didn't....REALLY!' She then added, "She was also the one to come up with the idea." 'Throwing me under the bus to make me speak.'

Words: 3062

A/N
Hey there everyone, thank you for checking out my first book. This is my first time also writing a X reader. Anyways, I hope I captured your attention to keep reading.

Questions...

Who do you think was watching you when you fell? What do you think the documents are about? Who do you think is the unknown p.o.v.? Why do you think the two of them were in the house to began with? And what do you think of Rob Runnet and Dane Lucas?

Until the next bloody chapter,
Skelly.

Edited: June 27, 2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222 12 7
Hello and welcome to my little cute story. I have been a huge fan of creepypasta during the great amount of my teen years, that also infected my adul...
3.2K 226 62
This is a Tyler Joseph x Reader thing. Y/n's School, home, and basically her whole life in general is horrible. No one really knows y/n's name or tal...
48.5K 1.3K 22
I don't want to spoil the story too much so I'll give you a brief description!! The first few chapters are a bit crappy, it gets better as it goes! (...
48.3K 913 21
Y/N is a suicidal 15 year old who's brother died when she was twelve and she ran away into the woods with the only survivor from the student film Mar...