Ice Room | Kookjin

بواسطة Jeon_Taejin13

This skilled doctor has keen powers of insight, but his hatred for omegas makes him treat them all coldly. He... المزيد

Characters & Introduction
Prologue: Chapter 1
Prologue: Chapter 2
Prologue: Chapter 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 6

286 32 2
بواسطة Jeon_Taejin13

Author's POV:

And the quiet footsteps of wolves who sometimes pass by the lab. It's too quiet. Maybe it's because he's used to working at 2nd Unit, but he feel nervous when he work here. It's almost 1:00 PM now. Seokjin should probably have lunch soon. Seokjin casually glance up at the clock on the wall when the phone rings. "Yes." Jaejoong pauses before letting out, "...Oh, yeah. We are having the students stay out of the lab for a while... In that case, I can go to the conference room." The escorting's even affecting the students. Dr. Jaejoong quickly hangs up and apologetically scratches at his temple. "Seokjin-ssi, I know we had lunch plans and I am sorry... But I have to leave for a bit."

Seokjin, "Okay. When will you be back?"

"I think it'll take about 2 hours."

"...Got it."

"It will be okay! You're not gonna die from just being alone with Dr. Jeon."

"You're right!"

Jungkook, "...Annoying."

Jaejoong, "Then Dr. Jeon..."

"Go."

"Okay!" He's gonna be alone with Dr. Jeon for a while now. Dr. Jaejoong worriedly glances over at him while getting ready, but they're both just doing their job. It can't be helped. He puts his hands together to apologize once again before leaving the lab.

"..."

"..." A silent Seokjin contemplates before letting out, "...Umm..."

"Don't open your mouth. I have no need to speak with you."

"Decide if it's necessary or not after you listen to me!"

"Don't get all feisty. It's a waste of time."

"We'll never be able to talk if I'm not feisty." Although he feel like he always need to be ready to fight, they are somehow able to argue now. Jungkook used to treat Jin like a bug in the beginning, but now Jungkook deals with Jin like a 'wolf'. Seokjin think. He's so easy.

"Fine, I will listen if you insist. It must be a very important matter."

"Uh... Dr. Jeon." Seokjin pauses before asking, "...Aren't you getting hungry soon?"

"That was it? Weren't you going to the cafeteria? You should do as you like."

"I can't leave you alone."

"I don't need a omega to protect me, I can do that myself."

"But it's my job."

"There is no reason for me to be protected by a omega." If he keep talking back, it's going to end up in their usual argument.

"Whatever you say, I have to stay by your side. Dr. Jeon, to protect you." Seokjin pauses before saying, "...Unconditionally."

"...That again."

"That's not going to become a lie!"

"..."

"..." They are basically glaring at each other while the second hand on the clock keeps ticking. Just then.
*growllll*
A stomach growl shyly echoes throughout the room. Hm? That wasn't his stomach, right...? Even though he wouldn't be surprised if his did.

"..." Dr. Jeon's facial expression is unchanged but slightly blushed as he stands up. "...Let's go."

"Oh, okay...!" He's so not honest. But it seems like he's gonna go to the cafeteria with Jin! Dr. Jeon hastily walks out as he hurry to catch up with him.

Dr. Jeon walks ahead and he follow 3 steps behind. The students they pass by all politely bow to Jungkook and then stares at Jin puzzlingly. Voice, "Hey, Professor Jeon's with a omega... How brave. He's so brave..."

"..." So that's how they see Jin. It's true. Most of the students who have showed up at the lab have been alphas. There has been the occasional omega but they always seem like the strong type. Seokjin guess it means that it takes some type of courage for a omega to go into this lab.

Cleaner, "Oh, Dr. Jeon. Night time is fine, so put your trash out, okay?"

"?" An old cleaning beta calls out to Dr. Jeon with a smile.

Jungkook, "Alrighg." Alright?!

Cleaner, "Oh, and thanks so much for the photos last time. It was so cute!"

"No, thank you very much."

Seokjin, "..." Who is he? Dr. Jeon bows down and walks past her. So he's okay with old betas and omegas.

"What're you grinning about."

"No, I'm not grinning."

"..." Even though it's not that the old beta is special. How he treated her is how normal wolves treat everyone. But he feel a bit relieved. Or maybe that was obvious. It's not possible to exclude everyone. Seokjin look at him walk ahead of him in his white lab coat as he secretly let out a smile.

***

Seokjin, "It's cheap and the menu is so extensive... Is this heaven?"

Jungkook, "Such an exaggeration." Seokjin look over the menu to decide on what to get, but it seems like Dr. Jeon has made up his mind first. Alright, Jin too.

Staff, "What would you like?"

"The daily special stone pot chirashi-zushi with large rice."

Seokjin, "The daily special stone pot chirashi-zushi with extra large rice!"

"...What?"

"Huh...?"

Staff, "One large and one extra large daily special." They finish paying and for the first time ever, Dr. Jeon speaks first.

"There are two things that I want to say."

Seokjin, "What can they be..."

"Don't copy me."

"I wasn't copying you. I just felt like having a chirashi-zushi too."

"...Well, that's fine."

"And the other one?"

"What do you mean, extra large?"

"What...? An extra large is an extra large. There's just a little bit more rice than a regular."

"'A little bit'..."

"You don't have to look at me like I'm crazy..."

"Incomprehensible."

Seokjin laughs. "I get that a lot."

They pick up their trays and take a seat facing each other. Seokjin can't help but burst out into laughter. Seokjin, "There were so many options on that menu. I can't believe we ordered the same thing."

Jungkook, "I'm seriously surprised that a omega would order an extra large."

"This is the perfect amount for my stomach. Let's eat!"

"..." Seokjin place his hands together, pick up his chopsticks, and get started on the school cafeteria meal that he longed for. It's easy on the wallet and so delicious that it makes him jealous of the students.

"Saengmyeong University always comes out on top in the delicious school cafeteria rankings. Did you know?"

"Seems like it..."

"...Huh? What's with that weird reaction." His usual sarcasm and quick-wittedness is missing.

"...Not many wolves eat so deliciously."

"Well it's delicious."

"I can exclude the way you eat from you being a omega."

"Really? I don't really want to agree with that but I will happily accept."

"100 years too early to get happy."

"I have to get happy even if it's something like this. I have been getting belittled. And I feel like you're never going to compliment me anyways."

"I haven't belittled you. I've only spoken the truth. And it's just that I haven't found anything to compliment you on."

"Hey, that's not helping in any way."

"I'll compliment you on your eating, but I'll drop your rating back to the bottom if you don't finish."

"Oh, that's fine. I don't have the concept of 'leaving something behind'. I can't do anything so wasteful..."

"That's a good attitude." Oh.

"...Wasteless ghost..."

"What?"

"No, I just remembered Jung saying that. That you hate wasting things."

"...Yeah."

"I grew up with my beta mom telling me to 'eat every grain of rice!', and now I think that it was a great way to learn."

"I see."

"Dr. Jeon, are you called a wasteless ghost for habits like that?"

"It's just remnants of when I was a poor student. And Jung's the only one who says wasteless ghost without my permission."

"I see. You were schoolmates, huh."

"You are not much of a omega, and I don't care what happens to you. But if you want to lead a proper life, watch out for him. The beta thinks with the lower half of his body."

"S-So mean..."

"I have told him from before that I hate him but he keeps clinging onto me."

Seokjin laughs. "I feel like I know what you hate but what is it that you like?"

"None of your business."

"Hm... Well for starters, you don't dislike chirashi-zushi, you like Maijeu chocolate bars, and you're nice to old betas."

Jungkook coughs.

"I'm right, huh?"

"...If you have time to pursue strange interests, go investigate."

"Of course." Did they. Seokjin feel like they just held a super normal conversation. It's Jin's first time and he feel like grinning or telling Jungkook gotcha.

"Tell that face to shut up."

"!" So harsh...! Seokjin make his most indifferent face on purpose, and Dr. Jeon snorts like usual. But still, just a little. Even if it's just the tip of the iceberg, Seokjin feel like he opened up a little. Seokjin feel happy as he continue to eat his chirashi-zushi.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

105K 5K 35
rumors say that jeon jungkook is the most beautiful omega in the world, an amazing body, beautiful face, everything anyone could ever want, a thin wa...
147K 9.4K 68
••• COMPLETED ••• Warning: 🔞 Jeon Jungkook, a cheerful high school student who falls in love with his teacher after he witnesses something unexpecte...
1.2M 65.8K 55
A one night stand that changes everything. Kim Seokjin has just finished his degree to become a high school teacher. Hes struggled constantly to make...
628K 28.4K 47
Jeon Jungkook, a young man, kicked out of his house for being gay...with shattered heart he continues to study medical as it was his late mother's wi...