Arranged Love - Not so arrang...

By prynimsy_

Life always have something for us. How destiny works, we never get to know that. The person we have loved for... More

Character Introduction
Chapter One | The Reason

Chapter Zero | Prologue

156 8 3
By prynimsy_

"And the Tech Start-Up of the year goes to UpTech Ltd."

A round of applause filled the entire room. But amongst them there was this one genuine smile that stood out like anything else.

"Avani Aggarwal, CTO UpTech Ltd., congratulations," the host announced and that girl with that genuine smile approached towards the stage. All the eyes were on her.

It was her moment and everyone was living in that.

"Would you like to say a few words Ms. Avani?"

"Yeah sure, so first of all thanks for this award sincerely from the entire team of UpTech. It's incredible how we started from a team of 5 and now here we are receiving the start-up of the year award. I am grateful to each and everyone involved in our journey. Thank you."

It was the Annual Honorary Business Awards. All the top business empire owners and start-up owners were present.

The business world has two main players - Aggarwals and Malhotras but unlike general cases, these two competitors are just competitors on paper but really close friends from heart.

"I am so proud of you my daughter," Avani's father said with all his pride.

"Oh Mr. Aggarwal, she even makes us proud," joined Mr. Abhish Malhotra.

"Thank you Pa and thank you Mr. Malhotra." Avani said while giving her pure smile.

"Don't call me Mr. Malhotra beta...."

"It's an official event so I don't think so it'll appropriate to call you otherwise."

Avani's phone started ringing. "I'm sorry, excuse me."

Avani's POV:

I came out of the award function. It was already over, just the after party was happening inside.

I saw Suyash's several missed calls on my phone. I got a little scared thinking what if it's something serious.

- "Hey babe finally you picked up the phone, do you even know how many times I have called you?"

- "I have already told you na that I'll be in an award function. How can pick up while I was receiving the award Suyash"

- "You received an award OMG!! Congratulations Jaan... Where are you right now? Let's have a mini party na"

- "Umm Suyash I don't think so I can leave soon but umm maybe 2 more hours. You know na my dad and Malhotra uncle, they'll never allow me to leave"

- "It's ok babes, you can party tomorrow na, not a big deal... Waise I have a surprise for you and I'll be giving it to you really soon like really soon love."

- "Wait what surprise?"

- "Let's see what surprise, but I'm sure that you'll love it my love"

- "We've been dating for 6 years Suyash, you definitely know me really well"

My dad, Surya Aggarwal, called me from behind, signaling me to come towards him and meet all his guests.

- "Umm Suyash let's talk later, Pa's calling me ASAP. Bye, I love you"

- "Love you too"

After hanging up the call I stayed there for 5 more seconds, thinking about Suyash's surprise. What could it be? Proposal maybe. It isn't impossible, I mean we have been dating for 6 years now and we have seen each other's lowest and highest point. I love him so much. I highly doubt I can ever fall in love with anyone else if he leaves me.

What the hell are you even thinking Avani, he loves you so much why the hell will he leave you!!!

I quickly embraced myself and as soon as I turned around, my face collided with a hard chest.

Looking forward nervously, I noticed my lipstick stain on the white shirt.

"Oh shit..."

I quickly looked up and as soon as I did, all my expressions dropped.

It was him. Mr. Abhimanyu Malhotra. I don't know him quite well though, it's just that he is the youngest son of the Malhotra family and also the CEO of the Malhotra Corporation. Even my boyfriend has stated about him as he works under his company.

"I am really sorry for that stain Mr. Malhotra," I said politely. "No problem," he said while giving me a big smile. I had no idea how I was looking or whatsoever but watching his expression after my prolonged silence, I realized I am definitely showing him my resting bitch face. Hahahah what a nice evening it is -_-.

"Abhi, bring Avu here, we have some important discussions with you two," my dad shouted at the top of his lungs. Honestly, watching his behavior no one can tell that he is the owner aka chairman of The Aggarwal Group.

While I was lost in my own space giving the resting bitch face to the world, a hand came in front of me. Abhimanyu put his hand forward for me to hold I guess. Definitely for me to hold duhhh...

Having a boyfriend, you probably wouldn't touch other guys right? Exactly, I mean if it was a formal thing then maybe I'd have accepted it but in this case it's strictly informal so a STRICT NO from my side. 

I politely refused and started walking towards our fathers.

- "Beta we have decided to get you two married next month."

- "Oh okay------- WAIT WHAT!!!!"

Self realization hit me too hard. What the hell are the saying!? Get married to someone that I don't love !? Are they crazy or even for real!!! I have a freakin' boyfriend I love with my everything and they're asking me to marry a random guy whom I don't even know, except his name!!!

- "Pa, have you gone crazy? How can I marry someone just like that? We don't even know each other!!"

- "So what beta? He's a good guy and he'll take care of you more than me also"

- "Pa, please we really need to talk!!"

- "Not now Avani!! We'll discuss this at home not here. Go with Abhi for a walk and Abhi please drop her home beta and Avani this is an order with no negotiation!"

- "But, Pa----"

"I said no negotiation!" He practically shouted at me. He has never shouted at me in my 26 years of life. He has never forced me into anything. But why this marriage? It's not like he doesn't know that I have a boyfriend, he knows and he loves Suyash a lot too, just like his own son. Then why this.

I walked with Abhimanyu to the parking. I was in my own world, thinking of so many things. I just wanted to cry. I missed Suyash. I love him. Why Bhgwaan why? Why do you have to test our love like this?

Two hands suddenly grabbed my wait and pulled me so hard and I came out of my own world.

"Hey watch where you are going! In this pace you were going to die today girl." He chuckles a little bit. "This is not funny Abhimanyu," I joined and opened the door of the car myself and sat inside.

There was no exchange of words between us half the way but then I decided to break the silence.

"I don't wanna marry you."

As soon as I said this, he stopped the car with a jerk.

"What happened? Why are you so shocked?" I asked with so many more questions.

"Avani listen listen calm down first."

He gave me a water bottle and asked me to drink it and calm myself down.

"Ok so listen, I am marrying you just because my father has told me to. There's no such feelings," he said. His words made me so relieved.

"So let's not marry na... I actually do have someone I really love. Even my father knows him but I don't know why he's acting like this all of a sudden. Let's not get married." I looked at him with teary eyes.

"Trust me it's not in my hands...."

All the hopes that got build up inside me shattered at once until....

- "But there is something in our hands"

- "What?"

- "We'll get married but then after sometime we'll get divorced and I am sure they'll understand then"

It sounded so ridiculous.

"Excuse me Mr. I don't think so that you're understanding but I have a boyfriend. How can I marry you even if it's fake or whatsoever!! Think about something else coz' this simply won't do."

Obviously man how can I, marriage is not a ghar ghar game that can happen anytime , as your wish. No way! If I am to marry someone then it's my boyfriend or no one else.

"See you have problem with marrying someone, I don't. You should think of a solution. Not me ok!"

How rude he is. Can't he even help someone. And how come he has no problem with this marriage. Don't tell me he is down for any girl.

We finally reached my home. I bid him goodbye with a thank you. I am not rude like him. I have a sense of gratitude ok unlike him -_-

As soon as I entered home, I saw my mom sitting on the couch. I quickly ran towards her and hugged her.

"I love you mumma"

"What happened beta?"

I was silent for some minutes until she broke the silence.

"I know beta about the marriage. But there's a reason behind everything. Suyash is a nice guy but he is not good for you. Before you think it's about family. No beta, it's not. It's only for you. I am afraid I won't be able to tell you the reason but please beta trust us on this. We never forced you for anything. When you wanted to start your own company, we agreed right away. Even if you are the eldest daughter who had all the rights, you gave up everything we didn't say a thing. We have always agreed to all your decisions but please this time listen to us. Think about it atleast. Your Pa, Ma and Viku loves you the most in this entire world. You mean the world to us. I love you Avu, please think about it."

She said all these with such teary eyes. I knew she was really sincere and she was telling the truth. But I just wanted to ask why? Why? Why?

Next part and main update will start from 07.10.23 (9:30 pm)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 95.4K 40
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
10.1M 303K 53
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new, fresh life without homework. What she didn't expec...
4.2M 262K 100
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
809K 24.4K 65
"Real lifeแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€…แ€€แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€…แ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ แ€•แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€ปแ€ฌแ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ฒแ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€šแ€บ" "แ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ฒแ€Šแ€ญแ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธ Bae แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€„แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€„แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ทแ€›แ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€‘แ€ญ แ€„แ€ซแ€แ€ป...