๐‚๐ข๐ ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ฒ๐๐ซ...

By stupiidlycupid

โ๐ƒ๐ข๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž? ๐Ž๐ก, ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ... More

โ˜พโ‹†๏ฝก ยขฮนgฮฑัั”ั‚ั‚ั” โˆ‚ฮฑัƒโˆ‚ัั”ฮฑะผั• ๐–ฆน ยฐโœฉ
CAST
0. PROLOUGE
1. Down to perish.
2. Not mount weather.
3. My own world.
4. Fog of death.
5. Weak.
6. I can't and I won't.
7. Splinters and spaceships.

8. Big and small.

353 21 0
By stupiidlycupid

┌── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──┐
008
└── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──┘

‧₊˚ ୨୧ ˚

WHEN YOU'RE A KID, everyone expects less of you. They all tell you, "You can't do this," or "I know you can't do it, let someone else do it." It bugs me so much because I can do it. I could do a lot of things maybe the older kids can't. Just because I never went to school doesn't mean anything. I read books. Books were all I had and all I'll ever have, but down here there's none which is quite disheartening to hear.

Anyway, last night, we saw pretty shooting stars glide through the sky. It felt weird at one moment, I thought the ark was talking back to us. I didn't want them to, but it turned out those were the souls of 300 people who just now died. That's horrible, they killed 300 innocents when the ground was decently safe. What if they killed my mother though? I think I'd be a bit happy.

After that, at least half the camp left to search for Octavia. Bellamy was looking for her and barely realized she wasn't in camp.

The day was unusually quiet. I think everybody was thinking of those three hundred souls. I was too, but it wasn't a big bother to me. Maybe they were thinking of Octavia, or everyone here is just quiet.

I don't know where Clarke and Raven went but I don't know why they're hanging out with each other. I saw Finn be affectionate toward both girls which is weird because from what I've heard, that's called cheating. In a fictional book, that would cause some problems and the girls blame each other instead of the actual cheater. I don't know how or why characters work like that.

Quietly, I sat on my tree branch. The number of kids in camp goes down each day. I don't know how to feel about it at all. I dont know why I always don't know.

Surrounded by all these big kids, I feel small. I feel like an ant walking around in a herd of lions or something. Surprisingly, I haven't been stepped on.

Maybe I was always meant to be here. The kids here, they're bad. They've done something to be here, except for me, but I am sort of bad. I was a bad kid back on the ark. I'd get into all sorts of trouble, never on purpose, I think.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" asked a voice, snapping me back into reality. Once again, it was Ellie. I shook my head at her. She sat next to me.

We both sat there for a moment, not saying a word to eachother at all.

"Who knew it'd be so boring down here without some maryjane," Ellie began, trying to start a conversation.

I raised an eyebrow, "whose maryjane?"

"Oh right, I forget that you're just a kid. Ignore what I said," Ellie chuckled. Forget that I'm just a kid, hm? It seems everyone forgets that nowadays. Like Murphy, my face still has a bruise from that punch. "You're not much of a talker."

Her voice lingered in my mind.  "I just don't know what to say," I shrugged.

"It's alright, I could do the talking," she smiled. And so on forward, I let Ellie speak her mind. She had lots to say and I listened really well. There are parts that are blurry to me because I zoned out but I heard alot. I don't know why she trusted me with all her thoughts, I barely knew her but I didn't interrupt her, I didn't need to.

She rambled about kids in the camp, life on the ark, theories and such. She was quite, fascinating. It was easy to listen to her. Her voice was almost angelic. The way she talked to me and how much she had to say made me think she had nobody to talk and listen to her. That's why she's saying all this to me.

Ellie wore two braids and constantly had strands of hair sitting on her face. Her hands were mostly never clean because she enjoyed helping around and fixing stuff. Her dad was an engineer so she knew a thing or two. I think Ellie's nice. To me at least. It makes me kind of nervous when she talks to me though because of how cool she is.

"Thank you for listening, it means alot you know. Not everyone in this camp knows how to," Ellie thanked me with a smile on her face.

I gave her a smile back, not knowing what to say. She understood I mean't to say anytime and left to continue helping.

I felt bad I didn't say any feedback at the end, not even a your welcome response from me.

A few hours had passed. I barely did anything today. Bellamy was gone and I wasn't trying to exceed myself again. I felt bad, I wish I was out there and was helping find Octavia.

Maybe she was taken by those people who took Jasper. I mean, it did make sense. Why do they hate us so badly, though? What did we do to them?We weren't being attacked around camp, other than trina and pascal but I think the fog took them.

Earth was so weird. There were mean grounders who somehow survived radiation, 2 headed animals, deadly fog, and sea monsters. What else was down here?

It's kind of disappointing that the dinosaurs hadn't come back. I wish they did. I'd love to ride on a brachiosaurus or fly on a pterodactyl. Maybe there was a few, they're just hiding. I'd hide too. Us humans, we look pretty scary, to dinosaurs at least. Ironic, huh? Dinosaurs look pretty scary too but most are plant eaters so nothing to worry about. Although, there were meat eaters, you just gotta avoid those ones.

There was a bunch of commotion coming from near the gate. I decided to go check it out, it could be Octavia. Maybe she's okay.

As I walked toward the noise, I see finn in the arms of Bellamy with a stab wound in his abdomen. Clarke was by his side, panicking. My eyes widened. Was Finn dead or alive? Other people hurried over to help carry him.

"Get him to the dropship, go now!" Clarke ordered. The boys began slowly moving him inside.

Our camp was dealing with yet again, another stab frim a grounder. I looked up at the gloomy sky. I've heard some news about a storm from other kids around camp so I decided to head inside as well.

I paced myself around, worried about Finn. He was a good guy. He was always so nice to me and everyone else even though he put on this tough guy persona.

Raven kept trying on the radio she built using parts of her dropship, countinously calling the ark. It was so tight in the dropship since everyone was inside to keep dry. I felt a bit of claustrophobic, usually I didn't mind but this all just feels weird to me.

Heavily, the rain poured outside. It dropped on the grounds harshly. I shivered, it was freezing cold. The wind kept blowing inside because the door was wide open and what we used to cover it was being blown.

"This is a restricted channel, who is this? Please identify yourself," a voice finally said from the radio. My eyes shifted on Raven.

"This is Raven Reyes. I'm from mecha station. I'm transmitting from the ground," she replied. "The 100 are alive. Please, you need to get Dr. Abby Griffin. Dr. Abby Griffin, now."

Another person from the radio spoke. This time a feminine voice, "Raven, are you there?"

"Mom? Mom, It's me," Clarke said into the speaker.

Abby replied, "Clarke?" I took a deep breath. We were finally getting help but at what cost? I was going to see my mother again, I didn't want that.

I sat against the wall, near Finn. All the sounds and everything going on, it's too much for me. I brought my hands over my ears, and shut my eyes. Too much, too soon. How could I handle this all? I can't do it, I might as well just explode right here right now.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "You okay, Cassidy?" asked a voice but it was muffled from all the other noises. I open my eyes to see Ellie.

"I'm okay, there's just alot of sounds it's overwhelming," I shrug.

She sat beside me. "He's gonna be okay, you know that, right?"

I looked at her as I fidgeted with my necklace. "I hope so. What happened?"

"Well the grounders stabbed him while saving Octavia. I'm just glad we were able to all get out of there. But stay away from the grounder, you hear me? I don't want you getting taken," Ellie explained. I nodded my head. I guess the grounders were just mean people. We didn't do anything wrong, at least I think so.

Ellie got up and walked over to Clarke and Raven. They were still talking in the radio all sappy when Finn was needing to be saved. I rolled my eyes.

Finally, they went over to finn. Dr. Abby Griffen was talking Clarke through the whole process in hopes to save him. I really wanted him to be okay too. I'm not sure why but Finn, he's nice. He doesn't deserve to die.

The radio continuously kept breaking up because of the swirling storm outside. I frowned. Can finn still be saved?

I stared outside. Bellamy, Jasper, and Monty were still out there. They were just at camp. What the hell could they be doing?

Raven and Octavia were handing Clarke supplies when suddenly, Bellamy stormed in with a guy. I quickly got up for a closer look. He didn't have hair and his clothes looked nothing like ours. Not to mention he's blindfolded.

"Is that a grounder?" some kid asked. Bellamy placed the guy on the floor.

Octavia climbed back down the ladder. "The hell are you doing?"

"It's time to get some answers," said Bellamy; his arms crossed. I could hear it in his voice, he's angry.

"Oh, you mean revenge?" Octavia corrected him.

A line formed between Bellamy's eyebrows. "I mean intel," he replied. "Get him upstairs."

On spur of the moment, the radio was back up again. Abby was ready. They began talking about medicalstuff that bored me. I blew out a sigh. Finn was able to be saved after all.

"Watch it!" someone yelled as he pushed another kid.

Clarke looked a bit annoyed and said something to Raven; I couldn't hear from all the rain and commotion. "Everyone, upstairs, now. Let's go!" Raven ordered. One by one, everyone climbed up the ladder. I stayed put, sitting back down where I was.

"That goes for you too ten and a half," Raven told me. I rolled my eyes as I got up to go upstairs. I'd rather listen to Abby telling Clarke what to do to save Finn than listen to all of these kids.

As I climbed up to the very top; the third floor. Just to get some quiet, I saw Bellamy and two others near the grounder. They tied him up; they were going to torture him. I didn't really feel bad, he stabbed Finn and his people keeps trying to kill ours. Maybe he deserves it.

Bellamy looked back at me. "Cassidy, you have to leave."

"I won't say anything, I'll be quiet, I swear!" I promised.

Bellamy sighed, "leave Cassidy." I rolled my eyes and climbed down. I was kicked out once again.

As soon as I sat down at some spot, a sudden bang shook the dropship casuing everyone to stumble to their feet. A few screams came from people.

What the hell was it? The grounders? Had they come to attack?

I didn't want any harm. Or maybe it was just the horrible storm. I don't know. My mind was racing with all different kinds of perspectives.

"Cassidy! Are you okay?" Octavia asked, concern written all over her face. She went to me quite quickly considering she was across the room just a second ago. I mean, it did sorta look like i fell down while on the ladder.

I responded, "I'm okay. What was it?"

"The storm, I think," Octavia stated as she helped me get up. I looked around. Everyone was quite shook up. We've never experienced anything like this back on the ark.

Soon, everyone went back to their own things and I found a place for me to sit. Monty and Jasper were screwing around, talking about random stuff. Octavia just sat there, so did I.

Octavia's cool. She was like the badass in books I read back on the ark. I kind of admire the way she just does what she pleases and doesn't really care about what people have to say. Sometimes, I kind of wish I was more like her. Maybe one day.

Soon enough, I hear someone coming up the ladder, Clarke. I looked at my shoes, and when I looked up, Clarke was already gone. She'd left to see Bellamy, probably about the grounder since she didn't believe it.

I squeezed my brachiosaurus in my hand, thinking of my father. Maybe if I squeezed it hard enough, it'd feel like his hand. I was bored. I couldn't play around with my brachiosaurus because of all the kids around. I placed the toy in my pocket and put my knees up.

My face dug into my blue jeans. I closed my eyes tight, hoping I could sleep the rest of the day off. Slowly, my eyes drifted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 1.8K 41
BOOK 1 OF ?? "Get down. Get down!" Finn said to all of us while we all hide behind a huge rock. We kept hearing noises around the forest like people...
17.9K 319 28
Another new story. ~~~~ "Blake, your not a cadet anymore. Why you here?" I asked. "How's it going woods?" Bellamy smiled. "Dodging questions I see"...
10.1K 163 28
Alia Jasso has lived her entire life on the Ark. Her parents died when she was younger, but she always had her best friend to back her up and support...
12.8K 410 20
"No risk, no story. Right?" 100 prisoners have been sent to the ground, including Willow Hennessy. The redhead has never let "rules" get in her way...