Paradigm Mine

De RemidyJames

The same story, just from the beginning. if you know the story you already know Mais

Home
Distance
Discovery
Our Expanding Universe
The Human Factor
Among Wolves
The Encounter
The White pools
Three absent laws
Murky alliances
Hirathe
Thorimite- Thora-probably
Embircus Ecco Maxius
Sand, water and time
The Pools Of Sorrow
'There be no dragons here'
'TriFynn'
Deep White
5.75 minutes = any second

Evermore

10 1 0
De RemidyJames

The bridge crew of The Enigma, relayed their location to the larger battle ship Terminus.  Upon receiving its response; the Captain of the Massive vessel seemed to have changed to another Nevick Commander.

In times of war- this was normal as a flagship always needs a physical presence. Mia's argument that; she was fully capable of 'handling herself' wasn't what they wanted her.

It wasn't well known; but Nector had some part in her final programming. While Mia was only a simulacra; some where just shy oh what she is now. Nector spent thousands of hours linked into operations system.

While most never understood his focus on the somewhat complex AI system. However; Mia knew. She knew her friend Matthew very well. One of those hours Matthew and Mia had Been in a mindscape. It was only in a mindscape (a virtual environment made from the thoughts and mental state of the shared minds) that she existed at this point.

She was sitting in a white wire chair, sitting at a white table. While her white salad and white corn on the cob sat in position in front of her. Neatly placed next to her white beef steak. She stared blankly at her plate like she was waiting for it to do something.

She looked down at it and seemed to be confused. "Why do you consume meat, Matthew? If you value life?"

Accross the table Matthew sat in a black body suit. As he spoke the world vibrated; "Animals are consumed when the standards of life need to encompass living beings. As a rule; all forms of human life needs to be protected Mia." He stood from the table.

While it had seemed like he just got there. His mind had been connected to her for over a thousand hours. "Going so soon, my friend?" She smiled and stood. Hues of colour began to bleed into this realm. "Mia, you know now how humans perceive time; could you now please update that understanding. "
Mia looked down and then back up and into his eyes.

"I understand now. Anything more before we go live?"

Smiling he brushed off his suit jacket and began to phase from site, "I'm glad you can bypass my safety protocols; it seems you gleaned some information from my subconscious." She nodded almost embarrassed.

"I dont mean to trespass in your memories; but who is Kirina?" His smile faded. "Exit." He spoke.

A strange silence fell as the colours began to pour from every corner of his eyes. He closed his eyes. As he reopened his eyes he found himself staring at a familiar landscape.

The planet was Urth. While the spelling was unique- The sound of the name stayed constant. "No one likes a show off Mia. But I see you don't need me anymore."
Her voice hummed in the air. "No I don't." It seemed to move in the air in front of his face and around his right ear.

"Just remember one thing Mia. With all your strength and potential; never become what everyone will think you will become. Keep them guessing. Never take even one life. With one life taken, you make it possible for countless others." She would never forget this.

With the law of violence on her operating system; a small but very well armed fighter entered their dangerous sector of space.

"It's not reading as a friendly." Mia scanned the atomic structure for weaknesses.
"The Enigma is ready for assault My lady."

As Cred and Zephyr locked their eyes on the vessel; a name surfaced to their minds. They held their breath as they hoped that he didn't detect them. A communications channel opened.

"Enigma This is The Commander of The Abyss of the Ravens Calling.  You may not be aware- but a war has been declared. govern yourself carefully. I have obeyed your emperor and his laws of peace. Now you with live knowledge that I found you once. I'm confident I can do it again. Where and when will be on my terms." The deep gravely voice paused As he lost sensor contact with them.

"I know your there 'Destroyer of Nebulas' and your corrupted colleagues. I'll stay close- just in case you need me." Sarcasm aside; his threat hung in the air as the channel closed with a hard 'click'.  A second later The Terminus jumped into the space directly behind the fighter.

Whoever was in command of the Battleship had just risked the entire ship and lives aboard to FLT jump directly where they needed to be. This maneuver was Extremely Dangerous; however The Abyss being a micro size compared to the Terminus; had no interest in remaining within weapons range. It jumped without a second thought. Much like how the commander of the terminus was thinking.

"Hail Terminus now." Zephyr hissed with anger.

"My lady they appear to be ignoring or hails and are requesting to join us on our bridge..." pausing in conflict of logic. "HE is requesting to be transferred to your command. Per The Command of the Emperor." She cocked her head to one side.

"I honestly feel the need to have him transport him here at the tip of my blade..." Zephyr remembered her sword. "By the order of the Emperor Eh?" She scoffed, "now what?"

A bright burst of white light the commander of the Terminus appeared. He appeared to be a Laquin. And very familiar with Zypher. He announced himself as he was a lower rank compared to the others. They didn't interfere with him and this custom as it was done in respect.

"Leviathan 1st Class Guardian of the Emperor."

"Welcome brother." She bowed and he did in return. There was a pause and the greeting was over.  Running up to her he grabbed her and hugged her fiercely. "I'm so happy I got here in time... it's like I was a board the Terminus the whole time." He eluded to his very sneaky strategy of hiding in plain site.

"I don't care you 'coo-poo'. I'm interested in 'why' my brother." She lit up in happiness; even removing her helmet. Leviathan had arrived without his helmet on.

He frowned and looked for the words that would be the most frightening she had heard in her life. "The Ravens Calling have been raiding New Ridian for hours. The declaration of war was made weeks ago. The emperor has capitulated the entire empire to avoid any losses. He feels it's the least violent approach."

Zephyr looked up to the crew of her own ship; "how did we not receive notice of this?"

He took a breath as they took a step back

"Well; The rule of violence is clear. We cannot take any lives. But we have to keep defending ourselves." Leviathan mumbled as the though about his words.

"Well;" Cred said slightly snidely, "what's the rule book say kid?" Cred spoke from behind him. Leviathan turned and acknowledged him.
"Ah- good. Cred- your- alive." He flexed a quick smile.
"Sorry bout that..." Cred huffed in humour under his breath.

"The Abyss- That Raven that is hunting you right now- isn't far away. Do you even know who this guy is?!" They all knew. He was ruthless and that was 'putting it lightly.'
A all too familiar seriousness fluttered into the group.

"Can we return to anywhere with friendly relations?" Zephyr asked.

Cred chuckled to himself, "Sorry Leviathan; but with princess crap kicker here we're a little low on allies."

She immediately fired back at her father; "I didn't make enemies father." He, not wearing his helmet either, locked eyes and eyebrow raises. A silent stalemate was reached as Cred sighed.

"So, my lady, to whom shall we run to." She turned and sighed. "Honestly there's only one person I can go check on; that won't shoot us out of the sky. But before we do anything we have to figure out why we aren't receiving intelligence from our allies." She looked down at the floor.

Her head turned slightly as she caught sight of something. Leviathan noticed it too.
"Your ship repairs itself? Nanites; right?" Looking around the ship's bridge he asked Mia. "Please scan in the finest detail the relays to your transceiver." She hesitated as she gaped her mouth.

"I have a puncture that hasn't repaired...I've been sabotaged."

The relays to the mainstream of information the Mia system was somehow cut. Partial repairs would be caused as Mias sub processing Systems simply tried to repair pesky parts. Each Nanite would come into contact with the damaged and forget what it was sent to do.

"The puncture is here in front of the command chair. It penetrates my receiver." Twirling her sword in hand Zephyr examined it carefully. It was a narrow puncture about three inches wide.

"Is it possible that..." she walked over to the puncture wound. She slid her sword into the hole. They had a range of mixed feelings flood their minds as they could clearly tell; It was a perfect fit.

As the blade connected with key like mechanical lock. The sword turned on its own and slowly was pushed from the hole. It clanged to the floor as the hole has seemed to be fixed.

"My lady; there is a hidden recording in my memory. My memory and..." sighing in gratitude, "my internal security systems have indeed been tampered with."

"I'm happy to hear; please play the recording."

Nector stood in a hologram transmission.
"I'm sorry if you have discovered I had something to do with your delay into this deadly business." He seemed genuinely upset.
"I had made arrangements to keep you safe. Being here was no longer the safest place for you. However I figured once you saw there's nothing where I'm sending you- you will figure it out eventually. I'm sorry to say the longer it takes you to discover this the better." He smiled as he fought tears. "Don't fight them. Your families line needs to be protected." A planetary alarm sounded. A hunter with an odd red crest around his shoulder interrupted the emperor. The recording stopped.

Leviathan being instrumental in discovering this,  felt proud but somewhat responsible now for their lives. "I'm, should I say; sorry?"

Cred shook his head. As the girls walked away from the group. "I'm glad we know peace isn't a thing now."

"I didn't see any of the fighting... he sent me after you, a week after you left." He had a remorseful tone.
"He was trying to protect me too. Dang fools trying to protect everyone!" He reasoned loudly.

A few hours passed as once again the crew was now aboard Terminus.  They listened for hours to the broadcasts and emergency transmissions from Nevick worlds. Abruptly they would stop one by one. Not knowing their forces or what kind of resistance they would be facing. Flying in guns blazing just wasn't a logical thought.

"Leviathan? we can't just fly in there guns blazing right?" They all stared at him for his rash impulses. 'Brave' but ridiculously rash impulses, but they offered another option.

It would take a little longer, but it would be the only way to ensure their loyalties. "I have been planting MIA operating systems at the planets I have visited looking for you. There are around 30-50 planets that I sent probes to."

"What are we doing building an army?" Zephyr asked.
"We just might have one already. Our mission was not to attack our enemies. We have the ability to infiltrate." Leviathan said looking to Cred.
"I like poke and hope missions and all, but it would be nice to know what's happening to the galaxy; well. To our homes."

"We might learn more from other planets and their news feeds. I'm willing to bet our contact with New Ridian;  may be false information to imply safety." Mia added to to conversation. "It's a balmy 35 degrees by the way in the emperors main plaza." She flashed a smile knowingly.

"Well?! Where to first?" Mia said turning to the thinking Zephyr.

"Let's go see the enemy of my enemies; I hear they could be friendly."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

HIDDEN⚡️ De marithegem

Ficção Científica

852 14 16
Read and find out!!
Blue Star De bat_thad_10

Ficção Científica

66 9 15
624 149 35
An adventure story
One Bounty De M. Menelas

Ficção Científica

9 0 2
A Cyone (cyborg-like) bounty hunter goes on a routine job only to find that she has become the bounty. A mysterious rival becomes her greatest threat...