There's A Prince?!

By azalea_mae19

Cale Henituse lives three lives. The first one is as the trashy son of the count, the second one is a lazy sa... More

AU and Credits
Prologue

Chapter 1: Truth

903 70 8
By azalea_mae19

Opening the first letter, Cale found out that it was an invitation. Why is he being invited, who knows? But the letter goes like this;

_________________
First Letter: Formal Invitation

Dear Cale Henituse,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. It is with great pleasure that I extend an invitation to you to join us on the wonderful occasion of her highness Athanasia De Alger Obelia and the other young noble ladies debutante ball.

As they embark on this significant milestone in their lives, marking their transition into young adulthood, we believe it is essential to celebrate this momentous event in a grand and memorable fashion. The debutante ball will serve as a joyous and elegant gathering of family members, friends, and loved ones, all eager to witness their official entrance into society.

The details of the debutante ball are as follows:

Date: [December 3rd XXXX]
Time: [XX:XX PM]
Venue: [Garnet Palace, Ballroom]
Address: [Obelia Empire, Imperial Palace]

We have taken utmost care to plan an enchanting evening filled with delightful surprises, captivating music, delectable cuisine, and engaging entertainment. The festivities will include a grand entrance, a formal introduction, and an opportunity to showcase grace and charm during the dance.

We look forward to celebrating this momentous occasion with all of you. May this debutante ball be a cherished memory that will last a lifetime.

With warm regards,

Claude De Alger Obelia, Emperor of the Obelia Empire

_________________

It was an invitation to the debutante ball of the first princess of the empire.

Why would an Emperor of the empire as big and powerful as Obelia, invite a no name son of a Count (now duke)

After contemplating about the first letter Cale then opened the second and the content of it shocked him

_____________________
Second Letter:

Dear Cale Henituse,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and brings a sense of excitement and curiosity into your life. My name is Arthur Thames, and I am sure that you are wondering how I am connected to you or your mother. It was a long story and I am sorry if I only tried to reach out to you after all this time but - I am your maternal grandfather.

As I write these words, I feel a mixture of joy, apprehension, and anticipation. My heart is filled with deep longing to know you, to be a part of your life, and to share in the joys and experiences that have shaped you into the remarkable person I believe you to be.

Life has a mysterious way of unfolding, and it has taken many unexpected turns since our families paths last crossed. I regret that circumstances beyond my control have kept us apart, but please know that my absence in your life has never diminished the love and care I hold for you in my heart.

I understand that this news may come as a surprise or even raise questions within you. Please know that I respect any feelings or reservations you may have.

If you are open to the idea, I would be grateful for the chance to meet with you, to listen to your story, and to begin building a bond that can withstand the test of time. I suggest a meeting between the family would do. It was nearing your younger cousins debutante and I would like to invite you to join the wonderful occasion.

Please take all the time you need to consider this proposition. Whether you choose to attend or not, please know that you are loved and valued. If you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With warmest regards,

Arthur Thames, Grand Duke of the Obelia Empire

_____________________

Looking at the letter on his table, he finally stood up and walked to the nearby shelf and pulled out a worn out journal. It was the journal that Jour Henituse always carried with her, whether holding it in her hands or on he spacial bag.

Cale always tried to preserve everything that his mother owned to preserve her memories. Jour owned multiple journals but this certain book was the most important one as it was the only journal that he is forbidden to touch.

Jour told him that it holds all the memories she had before she met his father, and she wanted to keep it with her at all times.

Looking at the book on his hand he slowly looks up and stares at his mother's portrait before sighing and putting the book on the table.

"I'm sorry mother, but I need to confirm if the letter is real" After saying that, Cale sat on the chair and began reading, skimming through the pages until he found the information that he needed.

Based on his mother's diary, Arthur Thames; the one who wrote the letter is actually his grandfather.

After confirming that the information in the second letter is true, Cale decided to put the book back in the shelf when something catches his eyes

__________

Entry #36
It was frustrating, how can he just dismiss the fact that I was pregnant with his child? It was not just who created this child, he also participated in it willingly and now that a child is on the way he decided to brush us off. Sometime I just wanted to bash his head on the wall with how much of a jerk he is

Entry #40
I waited a few days in case he changes his mind and stay with us. But it seems like it was for nothing. I already told my family about the child and I decided to leave the empire. I do not want my child to live in a place where he will be seen as a bastard. If anyone is a bastard, that is his father. That man just brush us off like after getting what he wants.

Entry #59
I arrive at Roan Kingdom a few weeks ago and met a man, apparently he's the eldest child of the Count. We became friends....

Entry #64
I told Deruth of my pregnancy and he supported it, unlike that bastard who is unfortunately my son's father....

Entry #69
It's hard being pregnant. Fortunately Deruth and his parents are always there to help...

____________

Cale looks at the journal in shock...just what the heck? Surely he must be seeing things.. there is no way it was written there.

After reading the journal entries multiple times, Cale immediately takes a teleportation scroll from one of his table and rips it, teleporting him to the Henituse castle.

Maids and butlers all noticed his presence and bowed in respect as he made his way to his father's office.

Pushing the doors open and barging inside without any prior notice, he saw his father look up at him in surprise.

"Cale? When did you get back?" Deruth asked as he made his way to where his eldest stood.

As he made his way to his son, he noticed how pale and horrified he is.

"Cale? Are you alright?"

Cale stares at his father in desperation looking at him pleadingly, hoping that Deruth would deny the things that he learned after reading his mother's diary.

"Is it true?" He asks softly, he looks so hurt and in disbelief.

"What?" Deruth asks in confusion, not knowing what his son meant.

"Is it true? Father! Please...I need to know if it's true" Cale pleaded desperation evident on his voice

"What are you talking about Cale?" Deruth asked for the second time, not knowing what could make his usual stoic and cold son act like this.

Seeing his father's confusion Cale lifted the book that he was holding. Seeing the book, Deruth immediately recognizes it as one of his beloved wife's journals, the one that she kept with her all the time.

Finally having an idea on what Cale is talking about, Deruth gently guides his son to sit on one of the plush chairs in his office.

"What did you learn?" He said softly looking at his son in the eye as he squeezed his hand in comfort.

It has been a long time since he saw his son looking so lost and so empty. The last time he saw Cale like this was when he first told him of his mother's death.

"Did you and mother really love each other?" Cale asked instead, not ready to face the truth just yet.

"Why are you asking such question?"

"Just answer it...please" Deruth sigh as he looks at the last portrait of his first wife. It was a portrait of her a few months before her death.

No matter what he did, he just can't let go of her just yet, thankfully Violan understands his feelings and does not hold any grudges.

He looks at Cale in sadness as he reminisces about the past.

"Eventually, yes" He finally decided to admit, seeing his son's gaze at him he decided to explain more.

"You see, the first time I met your mother was when we're barely in our mid 20s. She was in dire need of help, and I was also being forced to make a decision"

"During that time, we managed to comfort each other and started to become friends. It's still amazing how we seem to understand each other even if we've met a few times" Deruth chuckled remembering the times Jour caused multiple misunderstandings.

"We actually met each other in the forest of darkness"

Cale looks at his father in shock. Just what the heck are they doing in the forest?

"I was actually practicing my swordsmanship and tried to get some combat experience by fighting the monsters, but then I heard a hoard of monsters roaring in anger"

"Obviously I followed the noise in curiosity, and that's when I met your mother" Deruth looks at Cale before sighing fondly

"You really remind me of her, you know."

"Because I look like her" Cale looks down in sadness, remembering the time his father kept on ignoring him for his appearance that was so similar to his mother.

"At first yes, but as the time passed by I realized that it wasn't just her appearance you inherit, but also her habits"

Deruth chuckled fondly remember how many times he heard Hilsman and Hans complain on how oblivious and troublemaking their young master is.

"Did you know that your mother once managed to make the King kneel in front of her?"

Cale looks at his father incredulously. There is no way that such a thing happened. His mother has always been gentle and so soft spoken.

"She did?" Cale asks softly, trying to imagine his soft spoken mother doing that.

"Yes she did. But to be fair it was also the Kings fault. Anyways as I was saying, the first time I met your mother was when I saw her evading the hoard of monsters running after her. I tried to help but then I noticed that she was laughing hysterically. A few years later, I asked her about it and apparently she decided that it was in her bucket list to get chased by monsters in the dead of the night" Deruth and Cale both sigh in exasperation, who would have thought that Jour can be adventurous.

After hearing more stories about his mother, Cale realized that his father doesn't really answer his question.

"You didn't answer my question..did you love each other?"

"As I said, we eventually started to fall for each other. We got married a few months before you were born, and only started to have feelings for each other before you turn one year old" Cale looks down in disappointment.

"You met her while she was pregnant, right?" Deruth nodded his head as he looked softly at Cale

"Why did you marry her if you know that she's already pregnant? Why did you agree to raise me even if I'm not your son?" Cale looked so sad that it broke Deruth's heart.

"We agreed to marry each other as it would benefit both of us. She would be able to live comfortably and I get to marry someone that I could trust even a little bit. You being in her womb is also a bonus." Cale looks at him in confusion

"After hearing that your mother was pregnant, my parents were so happy they didn't care about anything other than the fact that they would have a grandchild and heir. And just like you told Basen, you two are a Henituse whether you have my blood or not, you are still my son."

Cale's eyes widened a bit as he smiled softly. How he wished Deruth say that to him in his first life.

"Why would they be so excited?" Cale asks confused, Deruth looks away from Cale in embarrassment

"There may be some rumors about me not liking women" Deruth admitted as he coughs on his hands

Cale looked at him wide eyed before laughing.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, but obviously that isn't true" Deruth sounded like his trying to convince Cale, but for Cale it sounded like he was convincing himself.

After a few more hours of talking, Cale finally finds the courage to ask the real question.

"Do you know who my biological father is?" Deruth flinches before shaking his head.

"Unfortunately your mother won't tell me, she's convinced that it wasn't important for me to know"

"I see..." Cale looks down in disappointment

"Why did you ask all of this?" Deruth looks at him

Cale took out a letter from his pocket and handed it to Deruth

"I got a letter claiming to be from my grandfather...mom's father" Cale looks at Deruth in the eyes, trying to see if Deruth knows that his maternal family is out there somewhere.

"I thought her family died when she was a child?" Deruth looks at the letter in confusion.

"Well, apparently they are alive and are a  noble of a neighboring kingdom" Cale said wondering just how many secrets did his mother hide from everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 24.2K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
269K 9.3K 106
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
528K 8.1K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...