You have been plaguing my dre...

By ivorysbii

Lately, Idia has been having dreams where you were present pretty frequently. And he began to have feelings f... More

Restless Dreams
The rematch(es)
Game Rambles (and cats!!)
Horror movies past midnight
Alchemy threats for tuna
It's a deal!

Grim, Yuu's protector and genius in playing games

90 3 0
By ivorysbii

The rest of the classes either passed quickly or seemed like they would never end. It wasn't enough that Grim was nagging you and commenting throughout the classes how bored or how hungry he was. Although he was constantly complaining, he seemed happy of the fact Idia will buy him 50 cans of the fancy tuna he could only dream of. That was the main subject as Grim's conversation: the fancy tuna he was getting.

It did make you question what had happened between Grim and Idia while you were gone to Professor Crewel to get an explanation for the project, but soon enough you got to the conclusion that Idia wanted to befriend Grim, so that would've been the reason he wanted to buy Grim that many fancy tunas. So you thought of that matter no more. Besides, you asked Idia for a favor, and that favor was involving your old phone.

You were impatiently waiting for the classes to end so you could go right away to the Ignihyde Dorm. Once again, you tapped the pen against your cheek in habit, your thoughts anywhere but the lesson.

Finally, the last class of the day was done and you gathered your things, throwing them in the backpack and got up from your seat. You told Ace and Deuce where you were going in such a rush. Grim listened and huffed, rolling his eyes in such a dramatic way, Ace snickered at Grim's theatrics.

Stepping out of the classroom and walking with your friends to the Hall of Mirrors, you suddenly remembered of Grim, who was clinging on your back and asked him, "Are you coming with me to Ignihyde, Grim? Or you can go back to Ramshackle, you don't have to follow me."

Grim narrowed his eyes as he thought. He didn't want to spend his time in Idia's room. He would get bored to hell and back sitting around with Idia. But he also didn't want to leave his hench-human alone with the boy. What if he made a move on his hench-human while not being present??  Grim thought of that possibility to be unlikely, Idia was just too nervous and awkward to make a move.
"Hmm.. I'm coming with you!" Grim finally declared and you shot him a slight surprised look. You certainly didn't expect Grim to want to come along.

"Oh, alright then." you nodded and looked back at your friends. "We'll stop at the vending machine to buy some snacks, see you guys later." you waved and bid them goodbye as you and Grim took a turn to another hallway, walking to the vending machine.

Scanning what snacks the vending machine had, you bought a bag of chips and two bags of gummy bears and some soda. Grim stared at the gummy bears and remarked, "You don't usually buy gummy bears for yourself, hench-human. What's the reason for that?"

You were about to explain, opening your mouth to utter the words until you got cut off. "Don't tell me those are for him?!" Grim sighed exasperated and rolled his eyes once again.
"Come on, Grim! I asked him a favor. The least I can do is bring him something he likes as thanks." you sighed and put the snacks in your backpack before going back to the Hall of Mirrors.

Grim didn't respond, instead he began to mumble and complain to himself. "You could've bought me a can of tuna with that money.."

"You know I can hear you, right? You're right next to my ear." you glanced at your stubborn furry companion and added, "And besides, you're getting premium tuna from Idia. Why would I buy you some cheap tuna when you're getting the best type?"

At that Grim couldn't retort anything your way. You were right after all and he didn't want to admit that.
You watched Grim look away, looking upset and continuing to mumble, now his words incomprehensible.
"You know I'm right, Grim. Just admit it."

"I'm not admitting anything." you nodded and hummed at that.

"Mhm, I certainly believe you."

"Mrah! Shut up."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Stepping out of the mirror into the entrance of the Ignihyde Dorm, the two of you were surrounded by a bunch of skeletons that looked like they were holding the dorm up. Looking around the place before beginning to walk up the large staircase, Grim's grip on your shoulder tightened slightly, the ends of his fur rising up.
"This place is so creepy.." Grim muttered, staring down the staircase, at the void hidden by the fog. It sent chills down his spine to think of the possibility of falling down the stairs, down in that void that was decorated with sharp bones that resembled fingers.

"It does look like we're in a horror game." you pointed out, looking at the blue glowing eyes of the skeletons. Grim raised his eyes to look up, before letting a screech and holding on your shoulder tightly. It could've been Grim's imagination, but he believed their eyes seemed to follow the both of you.

"Aww, Grim.." you patted his head gently, hoping to reassure him. "It's alright. Nothing's gonna happen." looking around the dorm and at the skeletons, you remembered of your last visit.

After spending hours in Idia's room playing his new horror game, you had to walk back alone all the way to Ramshackle. The hallways of Ignihyde were vacant and silent, the only source of light being the neon blue emanated by the dozens of screens. It did made you feel on edge the fact you were the only one present in the hallways, your footsteps echoing with each step you took.

Walking down the stairs to the mirror, you felt the skeletons' eyes on your back, watching you descend the staircase, much like how Grim felt right now. It didn't help that the sun had come down a while ago, the sky getting a dark blue and you knew your journey back to Ramshackle was not over yet. You still had to walk from the Hall of Mirrors to Ramshackle, but at least the mirrors weren't so far away from your home.

Going back to the present, you finished walking up the stairs, now reaching the lounge of the dorm. As usual, there was almost no one around, except for one or two Ignihyde students that just so happened to be there.
Carrying on, you walked straight to Idia's room. Grim's fear began to evaporate, getting calmer as his grip on your shoulder loosened. He was still quiet, his thoughts away from the creepy entrance and now to the gloomy boy and his tuna.

Grim had a plan in his head. He's going to keep an eye on the boy to make sure nothing more happens between his hench-human and the Ignihyde Housewarden. And if it does, he's going to threaten Idia for more tuna to keep quiet.

Arriving at his door, you knocked twice on the door. "Idia, it's me, Yuu."
You waited until Idia came to open the door instead of opening the door yourself. You heard some shuffling around on the other side of the door and Grim couldn't help but comment something, "What's taking him so long?"

Grim didn't even bother to ask his question in a more quiet tone. You were sure Idia could've heard Grim's rude question.
You shot a look at Grim, looking disappointedly at him.
"Patience, Grim." you whispered. "You didn't have to say that so loud."

Grim huffed and at continued to speak in his loud tone, "What's the deal if he heard me? He could hurry up and open the door already!"
You sighed. Once again, you felt like a parent taking care of a stubborn and rude kid. Instead the kid was a talking cat monster.
"Just have a little patience and don't be rude."

"Fine, fine. I won't be rude." Grim rolled his eyes and spoke in a not so enthusiastic voice.

Idia on the other side of the door was panicking.

He was playing one of his games without wearing his headphones as he waited for you to arrive. When you knocked and heard your voice, Idia quickly got up and took one last look around his room to make sure everything was alright. This time around, he had the time to throw the empty packaging of sweets that were lying around and clean his room so it could be at least presentable.

He walked around his room as he quickly rearranged some things.
'Maybe the boxes should be in a corner. And that pile of books shouldn't remain in the middle of the room..'
Idia thought to himself as he grabbed the pile of books and moved them elsewhere.

The moment Idia heard Grim's annoyed comment, he was just about to drop the books he was carrying. His heart began to race as he stared at his door with his eyes wide.
He heard you talk back to Grim, although your voice was quiet and he couldn't understand what you were saying.

Idia began to unconsciously pace around his room in circles while his thoughts were racing with his heart.
What in the name of all Seven was Grim doing here?! Wasn't Idia tormented enough by him in alchemy class?! What if Grim loudly confesses Idia's secret? It would be so awkward between the two of you then!!

Idia soon realised he had been pacing around, keeping you wait outside. His hair burst pink in embarrassment and got to his door, opening it so quickly it caught you off guard.
"Yuu! I, uh, I'm sorry for making you wait." Idia apologised the moment the door was open.

You noted his look of embarrassment, accompanied by the pink ends in his hair.
"Oh, no, it's alright." you waved your hands as you gestured it was alright. Grim, on the other end, was annoyed to wait so long just for him to open the door. He glared at Idia and didn't say a word.

Idia looked at you for a moment as a sudden thought appeared in his mind. You were always patient with him and that made him like you more.
Realizing he has been standing in front of you, he took a step to the side, allowing you to come in. He muttered an another "Sorry.." as you walked inside.

You took a seat on the edge of his bed, putting the backpack on your lap. The moment you sat down, Grim jumped down your back and sat next to you, keeping his paws crossed.
"I brought some sweets." you announced, pulling out of your backpack the two bags of gummy bears and sodas.

Idia watched silently as you rummaged through your backpack and pulled out the gummy bears. He quickly noticed the gummy bears were the same ones he buys for himself. Idia blushed a little when he realized you remembered what he liked. Why did you have to be so thoughtful?? His hair is going to turn pink sooner or later because of you.
"You.. didn't have to."

"I know, but I thought it would be nice to bring you something since I'm asking you for a favor." Grim rolled his eyes dramatically for the hundredth time today, even though none of you were paying attention to him.
"The favor, yeah. What do you need?" Idia inquired, watching you rummage a little more through your backpack until you pulled out your phone.

Idia quickly recognized the phone from last time. He already had an idea as to what you're going to ask.
"I wanted to ask if you could, you know, look around and see if you can make the internet work." Idia saw you wave the phone in your hand, "You're one of the smartest people I know with technology and I thought of asking you."

"If? I'm confident in my abilities. I can make it work." Idia showed his sharp teeth as he grinned, feeling proud of his genius and the fact you came to him.

You smiled in response and handed him the phone. "Well, alright. I believe you're going to do it."
You told Idia the password of your phone, in case he'd have to look in the settings or anything.
"The only thing I ask of you is to promise me you won't break it." it seemed silly to tell Idia that, but you felt the need to at least say it. "I know you won't break it, but I just want you to be careful with it. It's important to me."

He wanted to say something back like 'I know what I'm doing', but decided against it. You sounded genuine when you said the last thing, your eyes seeming to plead with him.
Idia nodded and spoke seriously, "I promise. I'll be careful."

You gave him a smile when he promised, making his heart flip. How he wanted you to smile more his way..

Noticing the moment between his hench-human and Idia, Grim didn't waste a moment to huff loudly and getting the attention to him.
"Was this all you came for? Are we going to stay more?" he asked in an annoyed tone, his paws still crossed.

You glanced at Idia and answered Grim's question. "I thought of staying a little longer. If I'm here already, how about we hang out for a while?" you asked Idia now, waiting to hear his response.

Idia began to smile back at you, actually wanting to spend the time with you. "Yeah, sure. Why not?" Grim sighed and plopped down on his back on Idia's bed, his little feet dangling on the edge.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You decided to watch to watch something together and made yourselves comfortable on his bed. Grim was sitting between you two, making sure to watch Idia's every move. It did make him nervous how he felt Grim's stare on him constantly.

You were watching an anime Idia recommended to you, telling you how great it is and overall gushing about it. Grim was sighing and yawning the whole time, not bothering to pay attention to the screen. He still kept his eyes on Idia as he munched on the chips you bought earlier from the vending machine.

Idia was eating the gummy bears you bought for him, paying attention to the anime. At some point Idia glanced at you and brought the gummies closer to you, shaking the bag lightly.
"Want some?" you hummed in response, taking a handful in your hand as you looked back at the screen, eating the gummy bears one by one.

Grim was scrutinizing Idia and the whole interaction between you two. Idia better not think he's smooth and think Grim wouldn't notice his 'subtle' move. He kept glaring at Idia, not giving him a moment to breathe.

Grim stayed quiet, besides the sighs and yawns he made. Having had enough of watching the anime for so long he complained loudly, crossing his paws once again.
"Ugh, I'm bored! This is boring!"

You just rolled your eyes and sighed. "Then what do you want to do?" you asked your companion with a questioning look. You thought for a few seconds until your eyes layed on one of Idia's controllers.
"How about you play a game for us, Grim?"

Now it was Grim's turn to look at you as he questioned your proposal. "Huh? Why should I do that?"

"I thought you could show me and Idia how great you are at games." he narrowed his eyes as he stared at you. "You know, since you are the Great Grim, you could show us a thing or two, right?" you decided to use the easiest thing to make Grim accept: flattery.

Grim was beginning to feel proud of himself because of your words and the fact you called him 'the Great Grim' and decided to accept.
"Well.. I guess the Great Grim could show you how it's done." he declared proudly, stretching his paws up.

Idia glanced at you, smiling at Grim then looking up at him, shooting him a grin just for a second before looking back at Grim. He went to grab the controller and put on a game for Grim to play. Idia was actually curious to see how Grim is going to manage playing on the controller with his paws.

Idia began to explain to Grim how to play the game until he got cut off. "I don't need any explanations! I know this!" Grim brushed Idia's advice off, watching the your furry friend in shock.
You laughed at Grim's comment and at Idia's expression, getting Idia's attention on you. He quickly recovered from his shock and shrugged. "Alright then. I'll leave you be."

It took a while for Grim to learn the basics of the game since he decided to be cool and skip the tutorial. He was stuck on the first level, mashing the buttons of the controller and complaining when he lost for the hundredth time already.

You were grinning and chuckling silently at Grim, finding his stubbornness to be adorable, but also funny. Idia was also watching Grim fail time and time again, snickering quietly to himself.
One moment he thought of looking to see your reaction, and seeing how you chuckled and smiled so widely, it made his heart race. He didn't realise at first he was staring at you until you looked back at him and smiled more.

Idia felt his heart do a flip the moment you flashed him a smile. He smiled back, a bit clumsy as he began to feel embarrassed. You looked back at Grim and encouraged him, the image of Idia smiling in your mind, looking a bit nervous with the ends of his hair being the embarrassed pink you were familiar with. Countless of times you've seen Idia get embarrassed and tried to hide his hair, making him more embarrassed in result, which you found endearing.

You've stayed and hung out with Idia for a while until Grim got completely bored and began nagging you to go home, much like a child. You sighed and you got up from his bed and waved at Idia goodbye.
"See you again." you smiled once again his way, Grim was back on your shoulder as always.

Idia waved back at you and noticed that while you couldn't see Grim, he saw him make a gesture to him, glaring all the while. It was obvious what message Grim was conveying to him: he's keeping an eye on him. Idia felt a little nervous, but he didn't show it to you.

The moment you closed the door behind him and was once again alone, he let out a sigh. Grim was going to be a nuisance for sure..
His gaze got to the phone you left, sitting on his desk. He's going to find a solution to make your internet work for your phone and also learn a thing or two from your world's technology. He was sure it'll take him a while to understand how the technology from your world works, sooner or later.

Taking the phone in his hand, he thought of the moment when he'll announce proudly to you that he had done it and your expression full of joy from the news. Idia smiled involuntarily when he thought how happy and grateful you'd be. That would be motivation enough for him to start working.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 4.1K 24
thank you for all the support :) <3 using dnf to improve my writing๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Will mostly be all fluff and a few angst here and there !I WILL NOT BE WRITIN...
4.4K 171 11
Art by: SINFULjam on Tumblr Will mostly not follow the plot until chapter: 6 Characters and (most of) the plot is by: Vivienne Medrano. WARNING: MURD...
7.1K 24 2
๐“๐–๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐ƒ ๐–๐Ž๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐‹๐€๐๐ƒ สธแตƒโฟ!แต—สทหขแต— หฃ แตแตƒหกแต‰!สณหขแตƒ!สณแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ โ› i'm going through to many things to handle these crazy guys, i'm so fucking done...