You have been plaguing my dre...

By ivorysbii

Lately, Idia has been having dreams where you were present pretty frequently. And he began to have feelings f... More

Restless Dreams
The rematch(es)
Game Rambles (and cats!!)
Horror movies past midnight
Grim, Yuu's protector and genius in playing games
It's a deal!

Alchemy threats for tuna

109 4 0
By ivorysbii

It has been a while since the rumor of the scientist roaming the school had died down, and school seemed to go as usual.

You were in Professor Trein's class, watching him explain as you tapped your pen against your cheek. You tried to pay as much attention as you could, given the fact that your thoughts began to wander further and further from the subject Professor Trein was teaching.

You haven't gotten a chance to visit Idia and finish the video game you both started, even though you were pretty sure Idia had already finished the game on another save file. Hanging out with him was really fun, and since you showed Idia your phone from back home you had been wondering; you knew Idia was a genius and would be able to do basically anything that was related to technology and so, this little question had popped in your mind and had been nagging you since. Could Idia be able to make your phone work somehow?

You shot a glance at your phone that was in your backpack for a moment as the question was eating your mind. You thought of asking him, but kept your mouth shut. You didn't want your request to come off in a way that seemed like you were using him. Your eyes focused once again on the blackboard as you noticed new notes appeared as you spaced out and began to quickly write them down. You really had to ask Idia or else your question won't dissipate any time soon.

The class ended and you took a moment to put your stuff back in the backpack and you sat up, walking out of the classroom with Ace and Deuce by your side and Grim being lazy, was on your shoulder. You saw Ace yawn and stretch a little and you couldn't help but chuckle.
"Hey Prefect, you wrote everything, yeah? Borrow me your notebook." Ace turned to look at you and you nodded, opening the backpack and handing him the notebook.

"I'll look through it too." Deuce joined and you gave a thumbs up.
"Sure. I just want it back tomorrow for the class, so don't forget it." Deuce nodded and Ace waved a hand.
"I won't forget it, Prefect! Who do you think I am?"
"Ace Trappola, the guy who went up to me and Grim to just laugh in our faces." his eyes widened slightly, then he groaned.
"You won't let that die, will you?" at that you just shook your head and Grim decided to add something to the conversation.

"My hench-human is really annoying, but at this I agree!" you turned your head to Grim with a frown "Hey!", Grim continued anyway.
"You'll feel sorry you said that when the Great Grim will be known as the best mage in Twisted Wonderland!"

Ace snickered and nodded mockingly, "Yeah, yeah, I'm sure I will." Grim began to glare at Ace and you expected a fight to happen soon. You certainly didn't want to deal to any other work the Headmage would put on you for not keeping Grim in check, so you asked in the hopes of changing the subject.
"What class are we having now?" Ace looked around, trying to remember. Deuce answered instead.
"Alchemy. From what I remember, I think we'll have a joint class with the 3rd years."

You raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Really? I had forgotten about that."
You four, minus Grim who was still on your shoulder, continued to walk to the alchemy classroom.

You had a few minutes to spare until the class began and in that moment a light bulb had lit up in your head. You took out your phone and quickly typed a few messages to Idia.

ramshackleprfct
hey hey do u have a joint alchemy class too??
we might have the class together lol

gloomurai
yeah i do
hope so, i don't wanna be put with some normie

ramshackleprfct
okay lol
are you coming in person??

gloomurai
unfortunately

ramshackleprfct
really???

gloomurai
ortho made me go
i can't turn back now, it sounds tempting tho

A smile formed on your lips as you read the messages. You then turned to grab your lab coat and goggles, putting them on. You grabbed the smaller coat and goggles and handed them to Grim as he jumped off your shoulder.
"That's a good hench-human!" he held onto his little coat and you rolled your eyes and smiled a little. Grim looked adorable in that coat and you knew if you told him that he would begin to protest he isn't adorable. As an annoying menace he can be, he was cute sometimes.

More classmates from your class and 3rd years began to enter the class and through them you saw a familiar anxious blue haired boy. The moment his eyes laid on you, he looked a little relieved and walked to you, holding a hand up in greeting.

"Hey.." he said quietly and you held up a hand back, a small smile on your face.
"Hey, Idia! Ready for the lesson?" his awkward formed into a little grin.
"Ready? This is baby mode to me, mwee hee hee!" you smiled a little more at his giggle.
"Good to know then! It would be a win-win situation if we get paired up. You won't get paired with a 'normie', and I get paired up with someone who knows more alchemy than I do!" you said playfully, seeing how he slowly was getting comfortable.

"That does sound like a win-win situation." he walked to grab his coat and goggles and Grim shoots a look at you.
"I don't know why you befriended that weirdo.." you shook your head disapprovingly at him.
"You're very rude Grim. Be a little understanding." Grim crossed his paws and rolled his eyes like a little kid. It did feel like you were taking care of a very stubborn child.

Idia soon walked back to you and Grim and his grin widened, showing off his lab gear.
"I didn't tell you of the upgrade I did on these babies!"
You raised an eyebrow curiously and chuckled. "Really? How did you upgraded it?"
"Well, first of, I upgraded the goggles to.." Grim was tuning out what you were talking with the weirdo, not caring. He didn't even look up at him, but when he did Grim's breath caught in his throat.

That white coat.. The blue flames... Was this weirdo the scientist?!?!
At that Grim screeched and pointed a paw in Idia's direction while the other grabbed your coat and shook it madly.
"Prefect! It's.. It was him who beckoned me! Pretending to be that scientist!" you looked down at him and putting two and two together, you tried to reassure him.
"Listen Grim, Idia didn't mean to give you a scare, isn't that right?" you glanced at Idia and gave him the signal to apologise. He was taken aback for a second but he quickly said,
"Y-Yeah! I'm sorry for that Mr. Grim.."

Unfortunately, Grim wasn't buying any of that and he only continued to glare at Idia, who began to tremble slightly.
"Mrah! I'll make you feel sorry alright!" your eyes widened as you saw Grim prepare to spit fire at Idia, you swept him up and put a hand on his mouth.
"Grim, no! You'll get us in trouble!" you then looked at Idia with an apologetic smile. "Sorry for this, Idia. I told you he got a scare out of your appearance because of that movie." Grim was thrashing in your hold and kept glaring Idia with such hate and annoyance.

"Let me burn him into a crisp!" he was flailing his paws to grab Idia.
"I doubt that." Idia's grin widened and Grim got more annoyed. You frowned at him, "You're not helping!"
Grim began to flail his paws more violently in Idia's direction.
"Sorry!" Idia's grin was still apparent and you muttered, "You don't look sorry at all.."
"Mrah!! Yuu, let me burn him!?" you just shook your head.

Professor Crewel walked in and Grim stopped thrashing around. You let out a sigh relieved and asked Grim quietly, "Would it make you feel better if I ask Idia to buy you some tuna cans as apology?" Grim narrowed his eyes at Idia, then looked at you.
"Ugh, fine! But make them 50."

"That's a lot to ask, Grim. What about 25?" you said convincingly, trying to make him change his mind but Grim just shook his head and crossed his paws.
"50 tuna cans or I'll burn him right now."
You stayed quiet for a moment then sighed again.
"Alright, 50 tuna cans. But I expect you to not cause any trouble now, or else I'll tell him to buy you just one tuna can, understood?" Grim was shooting daggers at both you and Idia, but he begrudgingly agreed.

You began to listen to Professor Crewel as he was explaining the lesson for today.
"Alright pups, I'll allow you to pair with whoever you like," the students already began to look at their partners and talk. Crewel hit his pointer to grab everyone's attention back. "Stay! Any unnecessary yapping and I'll make the pairs myself!" everyone seemed to quiet down at that.

You took a look at the board with all the needed materials and Grim began to thrash lightly in your arms, so you put him down and looked at Idia.
"Let's go grab what we need." Idia gave a little nod and you looked back at Grim, who seemed like he didn't want to spend any more time around Idia so you just let him stay as he was glaring at the board.
When there was some distance between Grim and you two, he began to mumble and complain as he continued to shoot daggers with his eyes in Idia's back.

You took a step closer to Idia as you both were looking through the shelves and read the labels and Idia jumped a little, the tips of his hair coloring into a soft pink.
"So, I asked Grim how many tuna cans would it take to not cause a scene and he said you'd have to buy him 50. I tried to tell him that's a little bit too much but he didn't listen. So, yeah, sorry."
Idia's cheeks flushed pink as his hair and shook his hands. "No, no, it's a simple task! Easy peasy!" you smiled once again and you leaned to grab a few more things.

Idia watched you for a moment and quickly went to grab a jar. As he continued to scan the labels and take what was written on the board, his thoughts were racing.
This feels like a video game objective. In order to progress and get closer to you, he had to make Grim like him. That should be easy! He would buy him 100 premium tuna cans if it meant that Grim would like him. Idia would kill two birds with one stone like this! He befriends Grim, and gets the chance to even pet him, and he might have a chance to be with you!

The blood began to boil in his cheeks and his pink hair tips didn't show any sign of turning back to blue. He shook his head lightly. Okay, he shouldn't think of this right now.
He was brought back when he heard you ask,
"Doesn't Grim look cute in that little coat?" he blinked a little confused and turned back to look at Grim. Luckily, Grim was walking around with his paws crossed, looking for a cauldron. He turned back to you and grinned.
"Very adorable! You're so lucky to be able to hold him." you began to chuckle.
"Maybe someday you'll be able, but you'll have to gain his trust. Maybe those tuna cans might help!" then you took a look at the board and at the things you gathered.
"Got everything?" he looked at the jars and the other things he took and answered.
"Uh, yeah!" you just nodded in acknowledgment and walked back to Grim, who was around an empty cauldron.

"Took ya long enough!" Grim bickered as his paws rested on his hips.
You put everything down on a table and read the instructions. "So.. we first have to add this in the cauldron, then this and mix for a minute." you pointed at the things, then continued to read aloud for you and Grim so you'd be sure he heard the instructions.

As you read all the instructions once, one of the steps didn't make any sense to you and you read it again, still not getting what you had to do.
"Hey, I'll go ask Professor Crewel about that one step. I'll be back back in a moment." Idia nodded, the blush on his face slowly fading, only a soft blush remaining on his cheeks.

You walked to Crewel and asked him. As Crewel was explaining to you, Grim shot a look at Idia, noticing the blush and the stupid look he had in his eyes. Grim gagged and gave a disgusted look as Idia looked back at him.
"Blegh!! You disgust me with your lovey-dovey look!"
"Wha..?" Idia blinked in confusion and Grim continued,
"I know you like the Prefect!" Idia flinched as his face reddened and the pink hair tips came back in full force.
"W-What!? No, no! You're wrong!" Grim just turned his head, not listening.
"That's what liars say!" he then turned to look Idia in the eye. Idia shrank in himself and wanted nothing more than to just disappear.
"What would happen if Yuu finds out?" Idia's widened and pleaded as if his life depended on it, because it might just literally depend on it. Idia cannot handle the humiliation to get rejected in class with all these people around.
"Please don't tell them Mr. Grim!"

"And why shouldn't I?" Idia looked around as he bit his cheek, trying to come up with something.
"What do you want?" upon hearing this, Grim began to smirk mischievously.
"How about you buy me 50 premium tuna cans?" Idia nodded vehemently, noticing you walking back.
"Yes! Just please don't say a word!"

Grim thought for a few good seconds and replied, the mischief still in his eyes.
"No promises."
Idia's eyes widened again and he began to feel on edge. 'You know what, Idia?' he thought to himself. 'Grim just might not be an easy obstacle to pass through. He might just be the first boss I have to face before I can progress.'

You looked at Idia then at Grim in confusion. "What happened while I was gone?" Idia flinched and he was already praying to the Seven to have mercy on him.
"Idia told me he.." the nerves were killing poor Idia. Grim could easily just spit out the truth and embarrass Idia to the Underworld and back.
"..he will buy me 50 premium tuna cans!"

You raised an eyebrow, not quite believing this. Noticing this, Idia said quickly,
"I-I did say that!"
You just looked between them and waved a hand.
"Alright, let's just begin. I know what we need to do."

As you grabbed a jar and walked to the cauldron to put it in, Grim smirked at Idia.
Oh dear Seven, this is going to be a long hour..

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

In the course of the alchemy lesson, Grim kept Idia on edge by calling out your name as if he would tell on Idia's secret, only to either say something stupid or related to the project at hand.
Grim was delighted by this. He could use this little secret to get whatever he wants now! Idia seemed to have enough money to buy his silly merch, so a little money spent on premium tuna wouldn't hurt his pockets.

Idia, on the other hand, was horrified. He felt like he was going to have a heart attack at any moment now. Ortho must be wondering what's wrong with poor Idia.
Idia tried his best to not mess anything up because of his hands trembling.

You noticed this at some point and tapped his shoulder lightly. Idia jumped and gasped at the touch, but he quickly calmed down.
"Are you alright? You don't seem well." Idia began to blush and shook his head.
"Y-Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine! Just a little.. overwhelmed."
"Oh, okay. Just take a break when it gets too much, okay?" Idia turned his head and nodded, the blush began to be more and more visible.

It felt like you were gaining affection points for him and not the other way around. And even if that was the case, which to Idia it felt like it was very unlikely, you somehow maxed out his affection points already.

Eventually, you three had finished the project without screwing anything up, which was a relief to both you and Idia. You certainly did not want to deal with cleaning up after any mess.
Professor Crewel came and checked what was in the cauldron, and he approved. You sighed in relief and gave a little smile to Idia.

"Good work." you chuckled and held out a fist to give Idia a fist bump.
He smiled back, some of his nerves now gone, and he bumped his fist with yours lightly.
"GG."

You put everything back in its respective shelves as the bell rang. What Idia wanted right now was to return to his room, to his safe space and never get out.
As you walked out of the classroom with Idia and Grim behind you, you saw Idia scurry in the direction of the Hall of Mirrors. Still having the question nagging you, you quickly walked up to him and grabbed his sleeve.

Idia jumped and stopped in his tracks, turning his head just to be greeted by your presence.
"Sorry for scaring you, but I have a small favor to ask you. Is it okay if I come to your room after classes?" it took a good second until he processed your words. He quickly replied, the tips of his hair turning in that soft pink once again.
"Uh, yeah, sure!" you smiled and nodded, letting go of his sleeve.
"Thanks Idia. See you then!" you waved a little and you walked back to where Grim was standing and waiting for you.

"He's weird, Yuu." you picked him up and shook your head like a disapproving parent.
"Stop being so rude Grim."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 12.2K 36
So just random bits of Dreamnotfound fluff. This isn't really scripted or outlined or anything, just me practicing my fluff writing skills. No smut...
121K 5K 92
โ™กโ‹†.เณƒเฟ”* โ”” โž ๐™๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™™ ๐™’๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™ง๐™ก๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™‘๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™“ ๐™๐™š๐™ข!๐™๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๐™ง โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ โ–ƒ "๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ฒ. ๐—˜...
1K 15 13
Just thought I'd post my Twisted Wonderland OCs here. They might appear in future works as well, so keep your eyes out, okay?
30.5K 877 27
Licorice cookie is my favorite character so deal with this semi fluff semi angst x reader fic (also idk if it is considered slowburn though it defini...