Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

23. Savior

2.9K 135 106
By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki meets those bashful green eyes that are trying desperately to stay on his own. He gives a sultry smile without even trying causing a seep flush to grow on freckles.

" Yeah? You sure?"

Izuku nips at the inside of his cheek nervously.

" I'm sure. I mean unless you don't want to.", he answers sheepish.

The blonde hero smirks.

" Hell yeah I want to, that's not it at all Deku, I just want to be sure you're comfortable with it that's all.

Izuku smiles up at him as he reaches out to take Katsuki's larger hand into his.

" I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't comfortable or at least trying to be more comfortable with us being more intimate even though I'm still pretty self-conscious about the condition I'm still currently in but.. but if it really doesn't bother you then I'm trying to not let it bother me either.", he says softly making Katsuki's heart ache in his chest.

The blonde doesn't say anything at first only strips down fully and climbs into the warm tub behind his boyfriend. After he's settled he picks up the bath sponge lathering it with soap as he gently begins to wash the greenett's back.

" It doesn't bother me Izuku, not even a little. There's nothing for you to be ashamed of either and I may be new to all this love stuff but one thing I do know is that loving someone means all of them, and loving someone for better and worse shouldn't just apply to marriage, if anything it should start a hell of a lot sooner than that.", he says as he continues to wash Izuku's back with care.

The words just spoken cause the greenett to turn around as much as he can in surprise causing the blonde to raise a brow.

" What? What's wrong?", he questions the greenett.

Izuku is overwhelmed with emotion like usual when it comes to his childhood love.

" You.. you just never seem to fail to surprise me in all the best ways. I can hardly believe how.. how gentle you can be and how deep some of the things you say are. I want you to know that the things you have said have helped me so much. Part of my recovery has been not just physical but emotionally and mentally thanks to you. You may be new at this love stuff but you're doing it so well. I love you Kacchan."

The blonde smiles slightly even though there's a hint of blush on his own cheeks. He reaches up and brushes away a tear with the tip of his finger from a freckled cheek as he shrugs.

" I guess I grew up is all. And part of me being better at the words and sappy shit is because of you. Deku, you been singing my praises since we were brats, even at times I didn't deserve to hear them. You were always gentle and sweet, best teacher I had for that shit was you. Don't get it twisted though, this is a side of me not another soul on this earth will ever to to see. As far as me helping your recovery, that's why I came back, to make sure you recovery completely, that means mentally and emotionally even if I don't see myself as being very good at that part. I came home as just your childhood friend, I ended up as your boyfriend partway through so that means I'm even more focused on making sure everything about you gets well, not that you're broken Deku cause you aren't, you're just a little damaged but we're gonna fix all that shit."

The words might sound rough to anyone else but to Izuku it's the sweetest thing he's ever heard. He smiles as tears run down his face making Katsuki chuckle with an aching heart.

" Cry baby. Lean back on me and relax before the water gets cold."

There was a time not long ago when Izuku would feel too self-conscious to do that but in this moment he does it without hesitation.

Katsuki notices. It makes him internally smile feeling the greenett settle back onto his chest with ease as he soaps the sponge and begins to slowly run it over Izuku's shoulders and arms.

The green eyed hero closes his eyes enjoying the soft intimate moment as he feels Katsuki carefully wash his arms and shoulders. As Izuku lays his head back on the blondes built chest Katsuki even takes the tike to gently wash and rinse green locks.

Izuku smiles at the attention he's being given by the normally brash, harsh hero who he knows has chosen to give this softer side of himself to him and only him. In complete honesty it makes him feel honored, honored that out of everyone he could have chosen to be this close with, it was Izuku, his nerdy childhood friend who claimed the spot, a spot the greenett knows he will fight to keep now and always. Next to being a hero the thing Izuku has always wanted the most was the heart and attention of the blonde who he has forever thought was amazing and now he has it. His Auntie Mitsuki had been right when she said that the one good thing that came out of his accident was the confessions of feelings on both sides. He still has a hard time believing its real. Still can't believe this strong blonde hero who he had always cared for so deeply felt the same for so long now, but as he slowly opens green eyes and catches a glimpse of his own quirk etched onto perfect skin he knows it is true.

After the blonde had rinsed his boyfriend's hair he was resting back with his eyes closed just enjoying the warmth of the bath and the closeness of his boyfriend. Crimson eyes soon open when he feels Izuku's fingers once again tracing the black ink on his bicep.

He smirks slightly.

" You like that huh?"

Izuku laughs sheepishly.

" Well yeah I mean you have a tattoo of my quirk on your body that's.. well that's...."

Katsuki lifts a brow.

" That's what?"

There's a soft blush.

" That's kinda hot."

Katsuki chuckles deeply, the sound echoes off the bathroom title making it even deeper causing a rush of butterflies and goosebumps on fair skin and what's said next only makes those sensations amplify.

" Yeah well black whip has always been hot as fuck to me."

Izuku pulls his head back quickly so he can see his boyfriend, shocked expression on his features.

"W-what?! Seriously?"

The blonde breaks into a laugh with a devilish grin.

" Hell yeah seriously. Is that so hard for you to believe?"

"Well yes a little bit, considering I don't really see myself or anything about me that way but I do see you and everything about you that way!", he confesses with disbelief.

The blonde smirks at him.

" Believe it nerd. Black whip is dark and possessive, I have a side to me like that, especially when it comes to you and what I see as mine so I'm drawn to it. Plus that dark bitch showed itself because of me, because you were being protective of me, so hell yes hot as fuck. I'm getting ready to tell you something else that's gonna blow that nerdy little mind you got. I have always thought you were attractive. I mean as kids you were cute and shit, middle school you had a nerdy cute thing going on that pissed me off cause I didn't know how to deal with it properly, by high school and especially the end when we graduated right up to this minute you were more than cute, you were hot as hell to me."

Izuku might as well be in a full blown dream right now because he can hardly believe what he's hearing.

" W-what? I .. oh my gosh I wish I had known that!"

Katsuki can't help but laugh at the shocked clueless greenett.

"I kept it pretty much a secret Deku but I'm sure if you looked close enough you might have noticed. Shit, Mr Aizawa did, and that group of extras I call friends."

Izuku scrunches his face in thought, an action the blonde had always found cute, now is no different.

" I don't think I was quite as secretive with how I felt about you. I always gushed over how great I thought you were and... I definitely looked at you often."

Katsuki grins with a chuckle.

" I know, caught you staring all the time but what you didn't notice is me looking at you when you weren't looking back."

They both laugh as the greenett blushes.

" I was definitely obvious. All that matters now is that we both know how we feel.", he smiles as he settles back against the blonde once again.

" Yeah for sure.", the blonde agrees

As they enjoy the warmth and the closeness time with each other it's fairly quiet but completely comfortable for both.

Katsuki slowly, gently puts his arms around the greenett's waist holding him as he closes his eyes resting his head back. But suddenly he feels Izuku's do something unexpected, he moves the blonde's large hands down to rest on his thighs then puts his smaller hands on top.

This might seem like such a small thing. Anyone else might not have even taken notice or understood the significance of it. But Katsuki definitely does. Izuku making that move to rest the blonde's hands on his legs, ones that he hadn't even really wanted Katsuki to touch while they were close was the greenett saying he was getting more comfortable, more trusting that the blonde ment what he said that it didn't matter to him if his legs worked yet or not because he loved him anyway.

The action immediately makes Katsuki open crimson eyes and feel a crash of deep affection. He moves his arms only long enough to give the greenett a tight squeeze around the waist while he leans down and kisses his bare shoulder with a whisper.

" Thank you Deku, for trusting me. I didn't give you much reason to when we were kids but thank you for it now. I love you."

Green eyes well with tears as he turns his head to the side reaching his hand back to run it through blonde spikes as he kisses his boyfriend from the side.

The kiss is long, love filled and when Katsuki moves his hands down running them over the greenett's thighs Izuku doesn't make a move to stop him.

After a little while longer of soft kisses and gentle touches the blonde hero helps his boyfriend get dry and changed doing the same before they both slide into bed where Katsuki pulls the greenett into his arms while they talk quietly in the dim moonlight of the room.

As the conversation of random topics goes on Katsuki's mind begins to drift back to when he told the greenett he wanted to be sure he recovered in every way, not just physically so he reluctantly ask a question.

" Deku, do you remember anything about the accident? I mean it's something we never really talked about."

He feels Izuku's tense in his arms his response is to hold him tighter as he rubs his back.

" Um I.. I don't remember much. I remember pulling someone to safty and then going back in the building, it was already heavily destroyed and I shouldn't have risked it but I just had to be sure there wasn't anyone left inside. Last thing I remember is hearing this loud freakish villain laugh then the building collapsed down around me. I recall it going dark and.. pain...just a lot of pain. I had a few minutes before I lost consciousness completely and.. and I just remember thinking how sad I felt because.. because last time I had gotten a text from you you told me you were coming home to see Auntie in a few weeks and I just kept thinking that.. that I wasn't going to get to see you again."

The words catch Katsuki right in the chest, causing a feeling of panic that he had almost lost Izuku and that the last thing on his mind had been him. He pulls him closer, his grip tighter like he might loose him again if he doesn't hold him this close.

" Fuck. I .. I had no idea Deku damn. I'm sorry you went through that."

Izuku continues to talk because honestly he feels like he needs to because he now realizes he never has.

" It's.. it's ok Kacchan. I don't remember anything past that really, bits and pieces sometimes, kinda like a fever dream where I can't tell if it really happened or not. All I know is Sero pulled me from the rubble after Kirishima had lifted a large block of concrete off the spot I was buried. They told me my heart stopped and it was Kami who shocked it back into rhythm."

There's that panic feeling in Katsuki again as reality hits him that for a few minutes he actually had lost Izuku before he had even gotten the chance to finally make him his. Tears well in crimson eyes before he even can comprehend it.

" Thank God for that electric Dunce. God damn.", he whispers trying to hide the rawness in his voice from the tears begging to come. But Izuku can hear it.

Green eyes try and search his boyfriend's in the dark.

" Kacchan, are you ok?"

Katsuki chuckles with tears down his face thankful for the cover of dark.

" Dammit Deku it's me who needs to ask you that. Are you ok? That had to be traumatic as fuck, it was for me just hearing about it."

The greenett smiles in the dark.

" I'm ok now, I wasn't at first but after some time and then after you came home things got a lot better. I'm getting better."

Katsuki reaches up running his thumb over the freckles he knows are there.

" Yeah you are. You're definitely getting better."

Izuku nods, gently kissing the blonde's palm.

" Are you ok though Kacchan?"

The action of the kiss and the soft concerning words cause a deep ache in a built chest.

" I'm alright. Not gonna lie it scares the fuck out of me when I let it sink in how bad it was or how close I was to loosing you. I remember the fucking call from my mom telling me what happened and how I felt like my gut dropped right out of me. Everything fucking stood still, I felt numb and sick and then I started calling the hospital every hour on the hour to find out what was happening with you. They got sick of me I know that much, but the thing that always bothers me the most is that I wasn't here, I wasn't here when it happened and fuck, I don't know in this werid way I blamed me, thinking that maybe if I was it wouldn't have happened or maybe I could have saved you before it happened. You were always so damn reckless and that scares the fuck out of me."

Katsuki realizes now it's he too who needed to talk about this to say the thoughts outloud he's been holding onto since the dreadful day he got the worst call of his life.

Izuku aches, aches for the love he hears in the tone, aches for the guilt he knows the blonde carries unnecessarily.

" Kacchan, no, please don't feel that way. You don't know that things would have been any different and my fear is that it might have been both of us in that building and I would rather it have been me than you.", he says softly with glassy eyes.

Katsuki scoffs with heavy tears now.

" Shitty Deku, you don't get it huh? I would have thrown your ass right out of that building and took all that wreckage on fully if it ment saving you."

Emotion hits the greenett hard as he whispers the next words wiping the blonde's tears.

" Kacchan, you did save me, the minute you kicked my hospital room door in and stomped inside. You started saving me right then and you haven't stopped since."

A/N

Oh I love them. Late night update.

Stay tuned our tale continues

Love Lw♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 994 15
[COMPLETED] It has been nearly three years since you graduated from UA High. Now engaged and working as a successful Pro Hero, you couldn't have aske...
13.3K 910 8
Katsuki Bakugo is a devil, not just any devil but the lead one himself. He's tall, handsome, charismatic and evil when he needs to be. He's come to e...
D.E.K.U. By Kelly

Fanfiction

657K 30.1K 48
Izuku Midoriya is a small and vulnerable quirkless boy, someone that needs to be protected from bullies and all the other dangers of the world. At le...
91.9K 4K 39
Katsuki Bakugo was your average man. He worked as a debt collector in an office, had an apartment, a good fuck buddy, and great friends. What he didn...