Genshin/Star Rail Reacts: We...

By LonelyLife0021

The Astral express follows a lead regarding the disappearance of Akivili. Will they persue it? Where will it... More

A Pulse from Deep Space
Into the Unknown
Prologue: Field of Flowers
Prologue: Trailblazer Crash Course
Prologue: Teyvat Crash Course
Intermission: Questions, Answers, Onwards
Intermission: Theater's call
Episode: Fable of the Stars.
Episode: Interstellar Journey
Movie: Space Station Crisis Part 1
Movie: Space Station Crisis Part 2
Trailer: As Light Rain Falls Without Reason
Teyvat Chapter 4: Act 1 Pt.1

Commission or Summons

2.8K 67 17
By LonelyLife0021

Aether and Paimon has just finished that whole fiasco greeting with Furina, the Hydro Archon.

If it werent foy Lyney's quick thinking they would have been arrested not 30 mins in. Talk about breaking records.

They were making their way to Fontaine's capital, the Court of Fontaine when Aether felt a wave of Nostalgia wash over him.

He and Paimon decide to part ways with Lyney and Lynette for a while so they can check out the Adventurers Guild branch so they can see into exploring Fontaine while getting paid. Two birds with one stone.

"Ad astra abyssosque. Welcome to the adventurers guild." Says Katharine. The doll looks and acts the same as all the others. Polite, friendly and straight to the point.

"Greetings traveler. You're just in time. A special commission was just issued for you specifically" Katharine says cheerily.

"For us! Specifically! Wow seems Paimon and Aether's name is gaining recognition. We should probably start charging more" says Paimon cheekliy

"I agree 90% to me and 10% to Paimon" Aether smugly says.

"What! You... Why!" Paimon exclaims.

"Well I do the heavily lifting and you only do the heavy eating" replied Aether cheekliy.

"You! Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. You're being mean today" Paimon replied, hands on her hips.

"Sorry. Sorry. It was a joke. Anyway lets hear what Katharine has to say" Aether said. Deciding to return to the issue.

"Ah yes. As Ive said, an urgent request has just arrived and it was marked with the outmost urgency. Lesser Lord Kusunali is requesting your assistance and asks that you meet her in the Sanctuary of Surasthana immediately." Katharine tells them.

"Really! We were just in Sumeru not long ago. Do you have an idea what the request could be related to?" Asked Paimon

"Unfortunately no. According to the details placed with the guild. The Dendro Archon will brief you on the situation. That is the extent of what the guild knows." Katharine replied.

"Alright thanks Katharine" Paimon says before turning to Aether. "Looks like we aren't finished in Sumeru. Paimon was looking forward to exploring Fontaine but I guess it cant be helped. Lets go Aether. Oh but first we should say goodbye to Lyney and Lynette"

The two went to explain the situation with Lyney and Lynette. Surprisingly the two were very understanding and as a parting gift, gave them front row tickets to their show scheduled 1 week from today.

Having said their temporary goodbyes the Traveler and his companion made their way back to Sumeru.

Upon reaching the Doors to the Sanctuary they were greeted by Wanderer.

"Took you Long enough. Hurry up inside. The other "guests" are already here." He tells them.

"Well hello to you too. What a way to greet your friends. Anyway other guests who ..." Paimon tell him but was cut of as Aether pushes her inside while Wanderer pushes him in turn.

The moment they are inside, Wanderer backs out quickly and shuts the door.

"Geez. He is as rude as ever" Paimon mutters.

Aether couldn't help but smile and agree but he too knows that Wanderer is a big softie inside.

Walking towards the center area both of them were surprised at who was gathered here today. Nahida was sitting on the shoulders of Venti happily chatting with Venti, Zhongli, and Ei. Its looks like old friends catching up with one another.

"Woah. What a sight! Four Archons gathered in one place. Paimon doesn't know if she should be in Awe or Fear" Paimon, ever talkative, says announcing their arrival.

"Greetings everyone" Aether says.

"We meet again you two" Ei says

"Ehe. Hi there" Venti says

"Its nice to see you two are well" Zhongli says

"Aether, Paimon. Im glad your here" Nahida cheerily says

"So what seems to be the problem? We just arrived in Fontaine only to get turned around by your request, Nahida. Add to the other Archons being here. It must be really serious." Paimon says to the group swaying looking worried.

"It depends on the angle you look at it. I'll get straight to the point. A couple of hours ago a group of desenders arrived in Teyvat. I discovered this while browsing Irminsul. The tree had a reaction to their entry. Not in a bad way but in a "breath of new life kind" of way. Also they are in Sumeru. Specifically underneath Sumeru."

At the mention of "Beneath Sumeru" the 3 other archons stiffen. Paimon and Aether catch this and asks "Whats wrong. Are they dead? Stuck in a cave somewhere?".

"No" Nahida says giggling. She turns to them with a solemn and serious look. "You may or may not know this but beneath Sumeru is the Nation of Khaenri'ah. Well not entirely more like the entrance is here."

"What! Khaenri'ah still exists and is buried under Sumeru!" Paimon exclaims. "Wasnt it destroyed 500 years ago during the cataclysm? How is this even possible?" She continues clutching her head eith worry and tries to wrap it around this situation.

"Indeed. 500 yrs ago Khaenri'ah was destroyed during the cataclysm. But as an added measure the Heavenly Principles commanded Celestia to bury its remains deep undergroud. Untouchable by anyone to prevent another cataclysm from reoccurring." Nahida explained

"Is it alright to be discusing this? Zhongli and Venti always seemed scared when I bring the topic up. What's changed? " Aether inquires skeptically

"My contact states "I" cannot discuss what happened to "those who are not involved". Im hear only to listen and say some input on where I can. Its a technicality and exploiting loopholes. As the God of Contracts I know what Im doing. There is no need to worry" Zhongli says calm as ever.

"As for me. Well Ive never been a fan of the old geezers up in the sky. Especially the old hag. But Im afraid I've got little to say. I was busy dealing with Durin during that time" Venti chirps.

"Im with Barbados. I wasn't personally involved with the events during Cataclysm and know next to nothing with regards to the events that occured. I have also severed ties to Celestia long ago. Im only here to act as support. Think of it as your bodyguard. " Ei puts her own two mora.

"The Sanctuary of Surasthana is a blind spot for Celestia. It is a meditation chamber built for the avatar of Irminsul. As the avatar of Irminsul, I have a certain level of freedom. After all attacking me is the same as attacking Irmunsul." Nahida states.

"Alright. Gotcha. So back to the issue. Whats happening?" Aether says.

"Right. So. Ugh. Khaenri'ah was sealed deep beneath Teyvat by the Sustainer and Celestia. Unable to be accessed from Teyvat by ordinary means. Our new desenders arrived from outside Teyvat landing in Khaenri'ah. We must get them out of there before Celestia takes notice. At the moment Celestia is quiet but that could change at any moment. You must find and await for them at the door to Khaenri'ah located somewhere here in Sumeru" Nahida tell them

"Thats a tough one Nahida. Sumeru is Huge! Bigger than Liyue, Inazuma and Mondstadt. How will we find it? Not to mention where do we even begin?" Paimon complains.

As Aether listens and thinks deeply, he suddenly has an epiphany. "I know where it is!"

Everyone is shocked and looks at him. "Really?! That fast? Where?" Paimon exclaim.

Aether looks up to the group and turns to Paimon and says "Remember that adventure we had at the border of Sumeru and Fontaine. We ventured inside a Ruin Machine Testing Facility and it had that elevator that took us deep beneath undergound. At the very bottom we discovered a huge cavern that has nothing but a huge door flanked by two stone staues. It has to be that"

Paimon's eyes go wide "You're right. Lets go right now!"

"Wait a minute. Please allow us to come with you. If the desenders are indead there and open the door, you would need us to close it" Zhongli states."As archons we act as Celestia's emissary and has power to re-seal the area"

Seeing no problems with Zhongli's idea the group of seven set off. Aether leading the group followed by Paimon, Nahida remains on Venti's shoulders, Zhongli, Ei, and Wanderer in the rear. They decide to make use of the nearest teleport way point. Eventually they make it to the deepest room and head towards the enormous carvern somehow still lit by the sun. Ahead of them the bridge connecting them and the door has collapsed. Zhongli and Nahida combines their powers to create a bridge of Rock and vines.

"This is so cool yet so creepy" Paimon says Hiding behind Aether.

"Relex we have four Archons here. It'll be fine. Though I got to admit. It is a little unsettling." Aether tells Paimon

"Abandon all Hope ye who Enters" Wanderer states. "Huh. How cute. Behold the Gate of Everlasting Mourning." He adds on.

"Do you know this place Wanderer?" Nahida asks

"Yes. Pierro mentioned it to me once. This was used as the escape route for those fleeing Khaenri'ah during the cataclysm. Refugees poured out by the hundreds. Each and every one, Royalty, nobility, the gentry, Adult and young, all devastated about having to leave their homeland. No matter who you are in the eyes of Celestia what only matters was that you are from Khaenri'ah. Hence the name of Everlasting Mourning." Wanderer explained.

The Archons all looked sorrowful as regret filled their hearts. Trully that day will forever be a stain in their hearts and mind.

"You seem to know alot. Im glad that you eventually found somewhere to belong" Ei looks at him proud.

Wanderer just scoffs, turns and walks away looking to explore the ruins more but away from Ei.

"Give him time. The wound is still fresh" Venti tell Ei gently. Ei can only nod. She regrets thats she didnt explain her decisions to Wanderer when she first created him. She wasnt good with words and add to the fact that Makoto's death was fresh still in her mind at the time. Looking back she fully understands that her actions towards him can only be interpreted as her abandoning him.

"So now what?" Paimon asks

"We wait for our guests to open the door. As Nahida stated before, it can only be opened from the inside." Zhongli explains.

"Well might as well get comfortable. Come on Paimon lets set up Camp" Aether happily states as he looks for a decent spot to set up camp.

Who knows how long they got to wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 95 2
Suvarna Akasha- Aether, and his travelling companion- Paimon, had just run into a girl called Amber in the region of Mondstadt. But before anything...
147K 3.6K 63
Lumine and Aether... The Twins from another world, traveling throughout the Universe. They went from Universe to other Universe... until an Unknown G...
5.2K 213 19
hello! this is a book i'll be making~! it's argenti x reader, and i've tried to link it to hsr lore, but most of it is fictional! in here, you will b...
72K 1.9K 27
"...the stars do not simply tell fates, they also have one of their own." Basically we replace paimon and it's just the main story + some of the even...